Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament 23:11 - Jul 25 with 42025 viewsStokieBlue

Nice to see them all taking it so seriously, after all it was only 42.6C in Paris today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49092653

SB
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 23:12]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 11:52 - Jul 27 with 3765 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 11:00 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

No she isn't because she still hasn't had the decency to address the point I made on this exact hypocrisy even though she made me post the point twice.

SB

How about you respond to the point rather than downing the post?

You've asked multiple times, I've answered multiple times yet you can't bring yourself to address the point.

I think the reason is clear to everyone.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 11:59 - Jul 27 with 3749 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 11:00 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

No she isn't because she still hasn't had the decency to address the point I made on this exact hypocrisy even though she made me post the point twice.

SB

I've got a family to look after during the summer as well as during term time.

I'll get back to all those who've been sincere, polite and calm in their questions in due course. After that I'll provide you with an appropriate response to which you can pompously declare false equivalence, an appeal to authority, ad hominem attack, chronological snobbery, vacuous truth, definist fallacy or any other poorly assigned argument put down you've found on wikipedia this month.

Just remain calm, I don't think I'll have drummed up a dangerous Scientology-like following that you'll need to save the planet from before our precious planet becomes uninhabitable through global warming.

#appealtoalarmism
#killthewitch
#pitchforksRus
#GollumSyndrome

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:05 - Jul 27 with 3735 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 11:59 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

I'll get back to all those who've been sincere, polite and calm in their questions in due course. After that I'll provide you with an appropriate response to which you can pompously declare false equivalence, an appeal to authority, ad hominem attack, chronological snobbery, vacuous truth, definist fallacy or any other poorly assigned argument put down you've found on wikipedia this month.

Just remain calm, I don't think I'll have drummed up a dangerous Scientology-like following that you'll need to save the planet from before our precious planet becomes uninhabitable through global warming.

#appealtoalarmism
#killthewitch
#pitchforksRus
#GollumSyndrome

You could have replied to the point in the time it took you to write that.

It's just more evasion. Don't bother replying, everyone can make their own minds up.

You really are a nasty piece of work. Rude and condescending to everyone but don't like it if people give you a bit back. Best take your ball and go home.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:07 - Jul 27 with 3728 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:05 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

You could have replied to the point in the time it took you to write that.

It's just more evasion. Don't bother replying, everyone can make their own minds up.

You really are a nasty piece of work. Rude and condescending to everyone but don't like it if people give you a bit back. Best take your ball and go home.

SB

Well, there's an appeal to the majority if ever I saw one.

Your comment deserves more than a quick off the top of the head response.

Just be patient.

#CalmDownDear
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 12:10]

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:08 - Jul 27 with 3727 viewsHerbivore

I'm unconvinced that there is a single consensus view that CIL doesn't think is a global conspiracy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:10 - Jul 27 with 3720 viewsgordon

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 11:59 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

#appealtoalarmism
#killthewitch
#pitchforksRus
#GollumSyndrome

I'm just curious as to whether you care who funds the Global Warming Policy Foundation, because I've seen so many posts by you in the past on vested interests.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:12 - Jul 27 with 3713 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:10 - Jul 27 by gordon

I'm just curious as to whether you care who funds the Global Warming Policy Foundation, because I've seen so many posts by you in the past on vested interests.

Yes, I'll get back to you soon too. Your answer deserves more than a yes/no answer.

Don't you people have families and other household obligations to attend to at the weekends?

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:20 - Jul 27 with 3696 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:07 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

Well, there's an appeal to the majority if ever I saw one.

Your comment deserves more than a quick off the top of the head response.

Just be patient.

#CalmDownDear
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 12:10]

It's not an appeal to majority, that would be me saying everyone believes this so it's true.

I've simply said people can make up their own minds, not based something on other peoples opinions.

If you're going to pick holes in logical fallacies at least get it right.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:22 - Jul 27 with 3689 viewsgordon

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:12 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

Yes, I'll get back to you soon too. Your answer deserves more than a yes/no answer.

Don't you people have families and other household obligations to attend to at the weekends?

I'm doing some extra work today cos it's bucketing down with rain here.

I understand that it's not easy to evaluate the quality of different sources of scientific information if you don't have a background in the field, so it's just interesting to know what it is about that Ole Humlum report for GWPF that you found convincing, amongst all the other information out there.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:35 - Jul 27 with 3676 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:20 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

It's not an appeal to majority, that would be me saying everyone believes this so it's true.

I've simply said people can make up their own minds, not based something on other peoples opinions.

If you're going to pick holes in logical fallacies at least get it right.

SB

"Rude and condescending to everyone"

No, just you. And just in that one post you responded to.

If you're going to throw accusations at people, at least make them accurate.

#AppealToIgnorance

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:45 - Jul 27 with 3663 viewsHerbivore

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:35 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

"Rude and condescending to everyone"

No, just you. And just in that one post you responded to.

If you're going to throw accusations at people, at least make them accurate.

#AppealToIgnorance

I find you rude and condescending too. You weirdly called me out on this thread as a pro-globalist long before I'd pointed out that you're a loon.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 20:48 - Jul 27 with 3592 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 08:07 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

You could have skimmed all my posts in the time it took you to write that.

Your initial post was all about motive and how we need to examine the evil motives behind Greta and not focus on the message. Later you post a discredited source which supports your view and when I point this out you say deal with the source itself that the motives of the publisher, in this case a climate change denial group aren't important.

Hypocrisy.

SB

"Your initial post was all about motive and how we need to examine the evil motives behind Greta and not focus on the message."

Thanks for finally providing what I'd been asking for over the last few pages. Sorry I took a while to get back to you. I've had a busy family focused day. In fact I'm writing this from the bathroom as I speak.

Where in my initial post did I say that we not focus on the message?

It's a bizarre claim.

It's a bit like having a conversation about ball sports. I contribute a piece about golf and then you say "Your initial post was all about how we need to play golf and not focus on cricket."

Listen Stokie: It's clear that you find me frustrating, just exercise a bit of self restraint and ignore me like you've threatened to do on countless occasions. I'm really not a danger to people, I'm in a tiny minority on this forum and those who think like me probably always will, and those those disagree with me on any topic are most likely to disagree with me on all topics. I'm not a product of the same culture as you, so in truth I'm probably just a weirdo. Put your shining armour away and allow a free expression of views and allow people to decide for themselves what to make of my posts without having to nanny them. Let the board admin decide if I overstep the line.

#FreeSpeechGood
#StasiBad
#InBoardAdminWeTrust

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:06 - Jul 27 with 3572 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:45 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

I find you rude and condescending too. You weirdly called me out on this thread as a pro-globalist long before I'd pointed out that you're a loon.

I feel comforted by the 3 posters who downvoted my post. Really one from Bluesquid should be worth double.

Makes me feel the content is entirely correct.

SB
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 21:11]

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:10 - Jul 27 with 3569 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 20:48 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

"Your initial post was all about motive and how we need to examine the evil motives behind Greta and not focus on the message."

Thanks for finally providing what I'd been asking for over the last few pages. Sorry I took a while to get back to you. I've had a busy family focused day. In fact I'm writing this from the bathroom as I speak.

Where in my initial post did I say that we not focus on the message?

It's a bizarre claim.

It's a bit like having a conversation about ball sports. I contribute a piece about golf and then you say "Your initial post was all about how we need to play golf and not focus on cricket."

Listen Stokie: It's clear that you find me frustrating, just exercise a bit of self restraint and ignore me like you've threatened to do on countless occasions. I'm really not a danger to people, I'm in a tiny minority on this forum and those who think like me probably always will, and those those disagree with me on any topic are most likely to disagree with me on all topics. I'm not a product of the same culture as you, so in truth I'm probably just a weirdo. Put your shining armour away and allow a free expression of views and allow people to decide for themselves what to make of my posts without having to nanny them. Let the board admin decide if I overstep the line.

#FreeSpeechGood
#StasiBad
#InBoardAdminWeTrust

More words to try and disguise when you've been shown to be disingenuous.

As for ignoring you, I've tried but if you are going to post dangerous nonsense then someone needs to try and counter it.

"allow a free expression of views"

Nobody is stopping your view - just showing where it's nonsense. Something you don't seem to like. It's hardly just me, you've got loads of posters calling you out on various threads at the moment. Perhaps look inward rather than blaming everyone else.

Given Phil has already said nonsense like what you post should be challenged in a thread yesterday I'm not sure what your appeal to the mods is all about.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:22 - Jul 27 with 3551 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:10 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

More words to try and disguise when you've been shown to be disingenuous.

As for ignoring you, I've tried but if you are going to post dangerous nonsense then someone needs to try and counter it.

"allow a free expression of views"

Nobody is stopping your view - just showing where it's nonsense. Something you don't seem to like. It's hardly just me, you've got loads of posters calling you out on various threads at the moment. Perhaps look inward rather than blaming everyone else.

Given Phil has already said nonsense like what you post should be challenged in a thread yesterday I'm not sure what your appeal to the mods is all about.

SB

"Given Phil has already said nonsense like what you post should be challenged in a thread yesterday"

Link please.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:42 - Jul 27 with 3528 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:22 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

"Given Phil has already said nonsense like what you post should be challenged in a thread yesterday"

Link please.

I've read Phil's posting history from the past 2 or 3 days and I can't see any such comment from him.

If ANYONE out there could link Phil's comment which Stokie refers to, I'd be grateful.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:58 - Jul 27 with 3510 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:42 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

I've read Phil's posting history from the past 2 or 3 days and I can't see any such comment from him.

If ANYONE out there could link Phil's comment which Stokie refers to, I'd be grateful.

Not sure why you're having a meltdown but here you go:

Ahem II by PhilTWTD 27 Jul 2019 9:55
Not really what I was talking about, was more the pointless needling and poking. Certainly think that sort of thing should be challenged.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:11 - Jul 27 with 3500 viewslinhdi

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:58 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

Not really what I was talking about, was more the pointless needling and poking. Certainly think that sort of thing should be challenged.

SB

Not having a go, specifically, at anyone. But my general observation is that this is exactly the kind of thread that has caused me to spend less and less time on what used to be a superb site.

I really wish there were a "Room 101" where certain posters could be banished to continue their primary school banter.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:32 - Jul 27 with 3485 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:58 - Jul 27 by gordon

That looks brilliant - a 50 page report on Climate Change with 6 references, only 2 references from the last 8 years.

Aren't you interested in who funds the GWPF, or do you only get animated by that kind of stuff when it's convenient to your point of view?

I think you're a little hard on the report. It's 39 pages long and says from the start that its focus is on data rather than climate projection models. That being the case, I'd expect the report to have significantly more data sources than references. That said, 6 references is a meagre quantity. I'm not swayed too much by the fact that only two of the references are from the last 8 years when the data appears to be up to date.

Contrary to what seems to be the general opinion on this forum, I'm sceptical of everything, even of those behind the positions I agree with. I've never said that I endorse this report, I simply put it up as balance to the flood of publications which report a different interpretation of climate data. In itself, the report may not be balanced. I don't know. I don't have tens of thousands of weather balloons and sea temperature probes of my own as a reference. You've seen that I repeatedly asked two posters in this thread what it was that they objected to in the report. One poster, who tells me that the the authors are widely discredited, read 2 pages of the report, highlighted one piece of data and in my opinion and countered it with a less appropriate alternative data (in my opinion). The other poster refused to comment on the report, preferring instead to ask why I made everything about me. Until that point my focus was on Greta and those who back her. I think the poster wanted to bring the topic of the conversation round to me in order to have a case.

Anyway, of course I am interested in who funds GWPF as I am with the other side of the debate. I don't expect either side to be funded by lovely people. I've never met a person wealthy enough to give vast sums of money away, to give money to mother nature - she certainly won't pay you back as a healthy financial investment might. No, financial backers are nearly always in it for the money that can be made out of the cause.

Finally, I enjoy the debates on TWTD but I simply cannot agree that the "debate is over" with regard to something so multi dimensional as climate change and all I'm doing (with this case at least) is trying to establish my own position on the matter. When GWBush was POTUS, I was 95% sure of my pro manmade global warming position. I've swung the other way since then and don't rule out the possibility of another swing. When groups of scientists interpret data so differently, it's not easy to know who is right and who is wrong. I'm certainly not one for choosing one over another based on majority opinion. Rather my preference will be swayed away from those who use power/influence over the other to close the debate rather than actually debate.

It's not every culture's way of siding with an issue, but it's a result of my upbringing and culture.

I hope I have answered your question. I'm sorry about the long wait.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 22:52]

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:47 - Jul 27 with 3469 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:58 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

SB

There's challenging an opinion and there's calling someone a disgrace, nasty, and scum.

If you think it's okay to mock or ridicule an opinion different to the one you hold, you should expect the same to come your way with knobs on.

Obviously, it would be better to avoid all that emotive language and simply challenge without turning it into a South American TV drama.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 00:58 - Jul 28 with 3421 viewsBluesquid

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:06 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

I feel comforted by the 3 posters who downvoted my post. Really one from Bluesquid should be worth double.

Makes me feel the content is entirely correct.

SB
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 21:11]

"You really are a nasty piece of work."

Oh dear, just more bully boy tactics from the board bouncer, it's shameful.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 1:21]
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 08:37 - Jul 28 with 3350 viewsNo9

& unprecedented fires in the arctic circle

Meanwhile I note the new tory leader has accepted a contribution from climate chnage deniers.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 09:19 - Jul 28 with 3330 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 00:58 - Jul 28 by Bluesquid

"You really are a nasty piece of work."

Oh dear, just more bully boy tactics from the board bouncer, it's shameful.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 1:21]

Coming from perhaps the worst pusher of conspiratorial nonsense on these boards I'm sure I'll live.

Perhaps if you actually read her replies without your huge bias you'd see that's an entirely correct statement given how she structures her replies. Hardly just me saying it either but nice you decide to reply to just my posts.

Give it a rest.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 09:45 - Jul 28 with 3307 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:47 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

There's challenging an opinion and there's calling someone a disgrace, nasty, and scum.

If you think it's okay to mock or ridicule an opinion different to the one you hold, you should expect the same to come your way with knobs on.

Obviously, it would be better to avoid all that emotive language and simply challenge without turning it into a South American TV drama.

This is simply more distortion.

You don't present your arguments as opinion, you present them as fact when they clearly aren't. An opinion would be that ITFC should play two up top rather than one, not something demonstrably incorrect such as casting doubt on global warming. Nobody ridiculed it - they attempted to show you how it's not supported by the vast majority of evidence but you ignore, belittle and then obfuscate. Look at yourself before taking a pop at others.

You seem to think all views hold equal weighting and this simply isn't the case. Until you understand that then this type of thread will continue even if I am not involved. How many other posters have taken you to task in this thread? Everyone else is wrong, CIL is right. That is the paradigm to which you post.

Stop pushing false equivalencies and everything will be far less fractious. Asking others not to do something without looking at yourself is incredibly self-obsessed.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 09:49 - Jul 28 with 3299 viewsHerbivore

Who are the globalist elites making money from a scientific consensus on man made climate change? How are they making this money? Would it not be more cost effective for them to support denial of man made climate change and carry on deforestation and burning fossil fuels?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024