Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament 23:11 - Jul 25 with 41943 viewsStokieBlue

Nice to see them all taking it so seriously, after all it was only 42.6C in Paris today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49092653

SB
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 23:12]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:29 - Jul 26 with 2136 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:18 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

If you accuse someone of being hypocritical, at least have the decency to say where it lies. If you don't, it just looks like a cheap, unfounded insult.

I've said exactly where it lies. You won't go back and look. Given that it's you who is looking cheap and unfounded.

I'm not here to repost stuff because you can't be bothered to read properly.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:33 - Jul 26 with 2128 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:22 - Jul 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

I must have missed her saying that too....to my eyes she is just confirming that good Capitalists will never let a good crisis go to waste. It's almost like carbon credit trading never happened.
From what I can see you, Stokie and others are as guilty as anybody else on here of retreating into your bunkers when challenged with alternative perspectives.

I'm hardly taking a radical position here but it seems to have resulted in several of the board's regulars contributing to extreme but localised warming. Quite odd.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:33 - Jul 26 with 2130 viewsDarth_Koont

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:27 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

"I think climate change may be being hijacked by certain individuals/groups to make vast amounts of money from us.

I think their aims are more to do with making vast amounts of money than care fro the planet."

What's pious about the above comment?
How is that not a clearly stated point?

You're just flinging lazy insults and accusations at me, but you're unable to offer anything specific to challenge my view. Less abuse and more calm rational debate, please.

You're not that stupid.

If you think Greta Thunberg and what she's saying is some dark plot then you're more of a concern than she is.

The message and the evidence behind it is pretty self-evident. Getting a child to present it is an issue but mostly irrelevant.

But yes, let's go at her as if we were loony climate deniers. You uttter scum-

Pronouns: He/Him

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:35 - Jul 26 with 2126 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:24 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

You don't appear to have answered the question.

I'll ask it again:

"What data presented in the document I linked is actually wrong?"

If you can't, just say so.

So I read the first couple of pages and the second point he lists is appalling cherry picking.

He says that 2018 the atmospheric temperature was lower than 2016 and 2017 and that this proves a cooling trend when in reality 2018 was 1.5C above the 30 year mean. Taking a single point isn't useful.

"Global temperatures in 2018 were 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit (0.83 degrees Celsius) warmer than the 1951 to 1980 mean, according to scientists at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York. Globally, 2018's temperatures rank behind those of 2016, 2017 and 2015."

2019 thus far has also bucked that alleged cooling trend. It's also a cherry picking of atmospheric temperature rather than both atmospheric and surface temperature.

I couldn't be bothered to look at more than that. I'm sure there is a total debunking of that report somewhere on the net.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:35 - Jul 26 with 2124 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:26 - Jul 26 by wkj

Surely it is way too hot and weekend to be engaged in such a snake eating its tail argument. Its Friday, pinot for all.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 21:27]

Issue is way, way too important to drop it just because it's Fri night.

Anyway, can't drink Pinot

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:35 - Jul 26 with 2120 viewsSwansea_Blue

I guess a board hug is out of the question?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:36 - Jul 26 with 2114 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:29 - Jul 26 by StokieBlue

I've said exactly where it lies. You won't go back and look. Given that it's you who is looking cheap and unfounded.

I'm not here to repost stuff because you can't be bothered to read properly.

SB

In other words:

"You're a hypocrite because I say so!"

Brilliant. Well done Stokie, you've really excelled there.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:37 - Jul 26 with 2110 viewsDarth_Koont

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:35 - Jul 26 by Swansea_Blue

I guess a board hug is out of the question?

Fück you.

(opens his arms for a hug anyway)

Login to get fewer ads

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:40 - Jul 26 with 2099 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:33 - Jul 26 by Darth_Koont

You're not that stupid.

If you think Greta Thunberg and what she's saying is some dark plot then you're more of a concern than she is.

The message and the evidence behind it is pretty self-evident. Getting a child to present it is an issue but mostly irrelevant.

But yes, let's go at her as if we were loony climate deniers. You uttter scum-

You've done it again.

You accused me of something. Then I asked you to justify your accusations but you failed to do so, then exaggerated my position to the point of misrepresentation me and then called me scum again.

I'll try again:

What's pious about my previous comment?
How was it not a clearly stated point?

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:43 - Jul 26 with 2098 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:36 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

In other words:

Seriously, you're acting like an idiot.

I've laid out the evidence and the argument on the one of the other pages so it's nothing like you're making out.

You are literally lying now.

What the f*ck more do you want me to do given I've said it already?

SB
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 22:44]

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:44 - Jul 26 with 2095 viewsDarth_Koont

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:36 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

In other words:

Me and Stokie disagree frequently.

But you are awful on this board. Specious, chucking in irrelevant data and generally telling everyone else they're wrong but never explaining actually why.

Please just stop it. Of course, I agree with a lot of what you say in general but that's how I can see what you're actually doing.

Please stop making things about YOU.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:04 - Jul 26 with 2072 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:35 - Jul 26 by StokieBlue

So I read the first couple of pages and the second point he lists is appalling cherry picking.

He says that 2018 the atmospheric temperature was lower than 2016 and 2017 and that this proves a cooling trend when in reality 2018 was 1.5C above the 30 year mean. Taking a single point isn't useful.

"Global temperatures in 2018 were 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit (0.83 degrees Celsius) warmer than the 1951 to 1980 mean, according to scientists at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York. Globally, 2018's temperatures rank behind those of 2016, 2017 and 2015."

2019 thus far has also bucked that alleged cooling trend. It's also a cherry picking of atmospheric temperature rather than both atmospheric and surface temperature.

I couldn't be bothered to look at more than that. I'm sure there is a total debunking of that report somewhere on the net.

SB

So you dismissed it without reading it based on the people behind it?

If you think I'm reading it having had a quick look then dream on! Hence no opinion.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:15 - Jul 26 with 2057 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:04 - Jul 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

If you think I'm reading it having had a quick look then dream on! Hence no opinion.

I can only assume you didn't read my other post. They don't deserve to be read. Do you read biased sources instead of unbiased ones?

"In 2014 The Independent described the foundation as "the UK's most prominent source of climate-change denial"."

You've also replied to a post where I've read some and pointed out the bias so I've actually bothered to do what CIL asked, unfortunately she's to rude to return the favour with my posts.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:27 - Jul 26 with 2042 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:35 - Jul 26 by StokieBlue

SB

You say: "He says that 2018 the atmospheric temperature was lower than 2016 and 2017 and that this proves a cooling trend"

No, he doesn't quite say that, he says:

On average, the global surface air temperature for year 2018 was near the average of the past ten years (Figure 1a). The previous two years were affected by an El Niño episode playing out in the Pacific Ocean, and culminating in early 2016. By 2017, the global surface air temperature was already slowly dropping back towards the pre-2015—16 level, a gradual change that has continued throughout 2018.

You imply that because in 2018 the atmospheric temperature was lower than the two preceding years, he's claiming a cooling trend. He says no such thing.

You say: "when in reality 2018 was 1.5C above the 30 year mean. Taking a single point isn't useful."

No, that's not right either. 2018 was 1.5C warmer than the 1951 to 1980 (30 year mean). You imply the 2018 data is 1.5C higher than the 30 year period ending in 2018. You've not only cherry picked data to support your argument, you picked a period of reference nowhere near 2018. If we're talking about a recent rapid warming of the planet in recent years, it's better to show a demonstrable increase in recent years. You might as well have compared 2018 to the Ice Age to make your point. On top of that, you picked 2018 and compared that to a 30 year mean period, which makes your "taking a single point isn't useful" comment a little hypocritical.

I'm happy to discuss these figures, but please
a) reference the data you provide, and
b) quote the original source I linked correctly.

Thanks.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:30 - Jul 26 with 2030 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:43 - Jul 26 by StokieBlue

Seriously, you're acting like an idiot.

I've laid out the evidence and the argument on the one of the other pages so it's nothing like you're making out.

You are literally lying now.

What the f*ck more do you want me to do given I've said it already?

SB
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 22:44]

Cut and paste what you've already said. Seriously, it will take 10 seconds of your time because you claim to know where it is. I can't see any examples of me being hypocritical, so why not simply show me?

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:37 - Jul 26 with 2018 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:44 - Jul 26 by Darth_Koont

Me and Stokie disagree frequently.

But you are awful on this board. Specious, chucking in irrelevant data and generally telling everyone else they're wrong but never explaining actually why.

Please just stop it. Of course, I agree with a lot of what you say in general but that's how I can see what you're actually doing.

Please stop making things about YOU.

The only person who seems to be saying it's about me is YOU.

Please show me what irrelevant data I've chucked in.

Please cut out the name calling too. You're either very upset for some reason or just rude normally, but name calling doesn't make for pleasant debate on the site.

Furthermore, if you're going to make accusations, please link them to my actual comments and make them relevant to those comments.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:40 - Jul 26 with 2012 viewsDarth_Koont

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:27 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

You say: "He says that 2018 the atmospheric temperature was lower than 2016 and 2017 and that this proves a cooling trend"

On average, the global surface air temperature for year 2018 was near the average of the past ten years (Figure 1a). The previous two years were affected by an El Niño episode playing out in the Pacific Ocean, and culminating in early 2016. By 2017, the global surface air temperature was already slowly dropping back towards the pre-2015—16 level, a gradual change that has continued throughout 2018.

You imply that because in 2018 the atmospheric temperature was lower than the two preceding years, he's claiming a cooling trend. He says no such thing.

You say: "when in reality 2018 was 1.5C above the 30 year mean. Taking a single point isn't useful."

No, that's not right either. 2018 was 1.5C warmer than the 1951 to 1980 (30 year mean). You imply the 2018 data is 1.5C higher than the 30 year period ending in 2018. You've not only cherry picked data to support your argument, you picked a period of reference nowhere near 2018. If we're talking about a recent rapid warming of the planet in recent years, it's better to show a demonstrable increase in recent years. You might as well have compared 2018 to the Ice Age to make your point. On top of that, you picked 2018 and compared that to a 30 year mean period, which makes your "taking a single point isn't useful" comment a little hypocritical.

Thanks.

Let's cut to the chase.

Do you deny climate change? If so, do you think it's a globalist conspiracy?

I'm not expecting a straight yes or no but at least keep your answers to a sentence.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:43 - Jul 26 with 1997 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:04 - Jul 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not only did he dismiss it without reading much of it, he misquoted the part he did read then followed that up with data comparisons cherry-picked far more egregiously than the data in the report I linked, which he said was cherry-picked.

To all those bothering to follow this thread, he's not coming out of it with much merit.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:44 - Jul 26 with 1994 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:27 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

Thanks.

I didn't imply that at all - I posted the exact quote so to say I implied it was up to 2018 is simply lying.

I'm on my phone, I can't quote exactly as you want and had to paraphrase as the phone won't copy from that PDF.

Once again - until you are willing to deal with all posts rather than just the ones you fancy I'll leave it.

As for the source - it's discredited as I've shown so stop pushing it as gospel. Just because you believe it that doesn't make it accurate and it's a bit weird to expect non-climate scientists on a football message board to refute it when that's been done by actual climate scientists.

SB
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 23:46]

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:45 - Jul 26 with 1990 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:30 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

Cut and paste what you've already said. Seriously, it will take 10 seconds of your time because you claim to know where it is. I can't see any examples of me being hypocritical, so why not simply show me?

Surely it will only take 10 seconds of your time to go back and look then?

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:55 - Jul 26 with 1976 viewsjaykay

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:51 - Jul 26 by StokieBlue

What an awful post.

Citing alternative "facts" in the way she does is in some ways worse than what pickles did. If he'd actually posted rubbish he would have got the same level of scrutiny.

SB
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 21:52]

see you cant help your self "What an awful post." i just commented on what i see, no malicious in the post what so ever. but its a awful post. my posting history proves i never never turn to nasty replies to anyone. so best if people dont engage with you unless they agreeing with you.
also have the courtesy to call a poster by their name,even if your dont get on she is cil

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:57 - Jul 26 with 1971 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:40 - Jul 26 by Darth_Koont

Let's cut to the chase.

I'm not expecting a straight yes or no but at least keep your answers to a sentence.

No, but neither do I fully accept it. The debate isn't over- and anyone who says it is, is trying to silence scientists who question the data and interpretations of those who I suspect have a climate change agenda based on serving their wallets more than the planet.

Because you are still unable to say what was pious about my earlier comment and show how I was not making a point, I'll take it that you can't and that you were making regrettable comments in the heat of the moment about a subject you feel passionately about.

Now, please show me what irrelevant data I've chucked in.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 00:00 - Jul 27 with 1967 viewsDarth_Koont

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:57 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

No, but neither do I fully accept it. The debate isn't over- and anyone who says it is, is trying to silence scientists who question the data and interpretations of those who I suspect have a climate change agenda based on serving their wallets more than the planet.

Because you are still unable to say what was pious about my earlier comment and show how I was not making a point, I'll take it that you can't and that you were making regrettable comments in the heat of the moment about a subject you feel passionately about.

Now, please show me what irrelevant data I've chucked in.

So that's a no. Great!

Let's leave the rest because nobody's got time to sift through that.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 00:06 - Jul 27 with 1959 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:44 - Jul 26 by StokieBlue

I didn't imply that at all - I posted the exact quote so to say I implied it was up to 2018 is simply lying.

I'm on my phone, I can't quote exactly as you want and had to paraphrase as the phone won't copy from that PDF.

Once again - until you are willing to deal with all posts rather than just the ones you fancy I'll leave it.

As for the source - it's discredited as I've shown so stop pushing it as gospel. Just because you believe it that doesn't make it accurate and it's a bit weird to expect non-climate scientists on a football message board to refute it when that's been done by actual climate scientists.

SB
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 23:46]

Stokie, you're having a bit of a mare here:

first paragraph: "I posted the exact quote"
second paragraph: "I'm on my phone, I can't quote exactly as you want"

Nowhere does he say "(in) 2018 the atmospheric temperature was lower than 2016 and 2017 and that this proves a cooling trend".

Seriously, go to bed and start again after some much needed rest.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 00:09 - Jul 27 with 1956 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:45 - Jul 26 by StokieBlue

Surely it will only take 10 seconds of your time to go back and look then?

SB

As I said, you know where it is and I don't.

Your repeated refusal to simply say where I have been hypocritical is rather telling. Go on, get some rest.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024