Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 wins in his 32 games 18:27 - Aug 2 with 2409 viewsBlackboots

is a record that would get most managers the sack. He was here for two thirds of last season and is responsible for the lame surrender of our Championship status even if it would be stretching it to blame him for relegation.

After the patience and support we have shown him it’s disappointing that he’s looking to get his excuses in before the new season even starts. He knows in his heart of hearts that he’s not up to the job. Nice bloke, good PR but no longer up to it as a manager.

I blame Evans for many of the failings of our once great club but Lambert isn’t blameless for our current predicament. If we get off to a poor start I want him to go. There are a lot of decent lower league managers that would love the opportunity he’s got.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 18:27]

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:33 - Aug 2 with 1926 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone blaming Lambert for what we got last season needs to go and have a chat with themselves.

Our only manager in decades to galvanise the club and bring supporters back, and some of us what rid of him?

Once a budgie, always a budgie eh?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:40 - Aug 2 with 1895 viewschristiand

PL isn't blameless, I quite agree but from October to January he still had to use PH's players to stay in touch with the pack without being able to add to the existing squad, well we all know how that went. We get to January, still well adrift and then we don't even get in PL's first choice of players and wonder why we can't reel in the teams above us to avoid relegation? Yes, plenty of lower league managers who'd want PL's job....like PH? That turned out well for all concerned.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 18:42]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:41 - Aug 2 with 1891 viewsBlackboots

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:33 - Aug 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Anyone blaming Lambert for what we got last season needs to go and have a chat with themselves.

Our only manager in decades to galvanise the club and bring supporters back, and some of us what rid of him?

My view of him has nothing to do with who he’s managed in the past. All that concerns me is his how long it is since he’s done anything of note as a manager.

We finished below Bolton last season. Look at the state they are in. Do you think that when he took over in October it was based upon him telling ME there is nothing I can do this year, you are rock bottom and will win less than a handful of games in the next 7 months?

The atmosphere improved but that was down to us not him. The football in the areas it didn’t matter was also far better but we were poor at the back and toothless up front.I expected a bit more than we got but naively thought it was worth being patient because a full pre-season and the drop down in standard may mean that he could do good things given time. He clearly doesn’t think he can so unless he’s just saying what he did today to lower expectation, there’s no point keeping with him if results are poor.

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:52 - Aug 2 with 1830 viewsCheltenham_Blue

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:41 - Aug 2 by Blackboots

My view of him has nothing to do with who he’s managed in the past. All that concerns me is his how long it is since he’s done anything of note as a manager.

We finished below Bolton last season. Look at the state they are in. Do you think that when he took over in October it was based upon him telling ME there is nothing I can do this year, you are rock bottom and will win less than a handful of games in the next 7 months?

The atmosphere improved but that was down to us not him. The football in the areas it didn’t matter was also far better but we were poor at the back and toothless up front.I expected a bit more than we got but naively thought it was worth being patient because a full pre-season and the drop down in standard may mean that he could do good things given time. He clearly doesn’t think he can so unless he’s just saying what he did today to lower expectation, there’s no point keeping with him if results are poor.

I'll pull this one out in May.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:52 - Aug 2 with 1827 viewsBluedandy

Gary Johnson at Torquay is surely a shoo-in if Lambo gets the heave-ho ...
4 wins in his 32 games on 18:53 - Aug 2 with 1814 viewsSpruceMoose

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:52 - Aug 2 by Bluedandy

You misspelled Megson.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:54 - Aug 2 with 1810 viewsKeanos_Monkey

So your argument for why he's good for us is that he brought the fans together? Nothing to do with football. The guy just needs to go now.
4 wins in his 32 games on 18:56 - Aug 2 with 1798 viewschristiand

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:54 - Aug 2 by Keanos_Monkey

So your argument for why he's good for us is that he brought the fans together? Nothing to do with football. The guy just needs to go now.

Yes, lets get rid of yet another manager in a matter of months, that's how to create a solid foundation at a football club. Change, change and more change please!!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 18:57]

Login to get fewer ads

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:57 - Aug 2 with 1800 viewsHerbivore

That second paragraph doesn't really stand up to any scrutiny. Absolving him of any blame at all for us finishing bottom and going down with a whimper is also not something I can get on board with. I want him to do well here but the job he's done so far hasn't been good.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:57 - Aug 2 with 1795 viewsBluedandy

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:53 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

You misspelled Megson.

Mystic Megson ... another Canary grandee .... come on down ... the more the merrier.
4 wins in his 32 games on 18:58 - Aug 2 with 1792 viewsBlackboots

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:52 - Aug 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'll pull this one out in May.

I hope you can. I want us to succeed and I think Lambert is a good bloke who In all respects other than the one that really matters is a good fit for our club.

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:01 - Aug 2 with 1764 viewsBlueBadger

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:57 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

That second paragraph doesn't really stand up to any scrutiny. Absolving him of any blame at all for us finishing bottom and going down with a whimper is also not something I can get on board with. I want him to do well here but the job he's done so far hasn't been good.

Essentially where I'm at.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:23 - Aug 2 with 1683 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:52 - Aug 2 by Bluedandy

My money would be on Chambo...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:25 - Aug 2 with 1672 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:40 - Aug 2 by christiand

PL isn't blameless, I quite agree but from October to January he still had to use PH's players to stay in touch with the pack without being able to add to the existing squad, well we all know how that went. We get to January, still well adrift and then we don't even get in PL's first choice of players and wonder why we can't reel in the teams above us to avoid relegation? Yes, plenty of lower league managers who'd want PL's job....like PH? That turned out well for all concerned.

Not sure who PL's targets were in Jan. We weren't exactly an attractive proposition.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:33 - Aug 2 with 1642 viewsnoggin

Up arrowed by mistake, trying to see who the idiot that actually had up arrowed, was.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:35 - Aug 2 with 1633 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s got a clean slate from me. He was dealt such a sh*t hand it’s hard to know whether anyone could have turned it around. Mick did when he came in but he had much better players to work with.

I’ve major doubts, for sure. He was no improvement over Hurst results-wise last season. His winter window was rubbish too. But I also saw enough though to give hope that he can get us playing some good stuff, and that’s the most important thing. (And I did enjoy watching us more last year, which is important to me). Turning those better performances into points sometimes just needs a bit of extra quality in the final third or to cut out a mistake or two. The drop in league may effectively give us that extra bit of quality relative to those around us, and maybe Norwood will be key.

Let’s see how we go for a bit. Whatever the results, if we see improvements then he should stay. As others have said, if he goes the risk is we’re just in a rinse & repeat cycle with no apparent end.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:35 - Aug 2 with 1633 viewsBLUEBEAT

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:33 - Aug 2 by noggin

Up arrowed by mistake, trying to see who the idiot that actually had up arrowed, was.

You can down arrow too to cancel it out, if you can be arsed.

Poll: W or W

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:36 - Aug 2 with 1625 viewsnoggin

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:35 - Aug 2 by BLUEBEAT

You can down arrow too to cancel it out, if you can be arsed.

Ah thank you.

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:38 - Aug 2 with 1611 viewsPJH

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:36 - Aug 2 by noggin

Ah thank you.

Some idiot has upvoted AND downvoted the OP.
4 wins in his 32 games on 20:18 - Aug 2 with 1540 viewsnoggin

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:38 - Aug 2 by PJH

Some idiot has upvoted AND downvoted the OP.

I did that too.

4 wins in his 32 games on 20:22 - Aug 2 with 1520 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Hurst galvanised the club and brought supporters back last Summer. That didn’t exactly turn out well, did it?

I would suggest Lambert needs to actually deliver some results on the pitch, not off it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

4 wins in his 32 games on 20:23 - Aug 2 with 1511 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 wins in his 32 games on 18:56 - Aug 2 by christiand

Yes, lets get rid of yet another manager in a matter of months, that's how to create a solid foundation at a football club. Change, change and more change please!!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 18:57]

Whilst I agree with this to a point, and think Lambert does deserve the chance to turn things around this year, if he proves not to be up to the job there isn’t much point keeping him around just for the sake of continuity, is there?

4 wins in his 32 games on 20:32 - Aug 2 with 1484 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

4 wins in his 32 games on 19:35 - Aug 2 by Swansea_Blue

He’s got a clean slate from me. He was dealt such a sh*t hand it’s hard to know whether anyone could have turned it around. Mick did when he came in but he had much better players to work with.

I’ve major doubts, for sure. He was no improvement over Hurst results-wise last season. His winter window was rubbish too. But I also saw enough though to give hope that he can get us playing some good stuff, and that’s the most important thing. (And I did enjoy watching us more last year, which is important to me). Turning those better performances into points sometimes just needs a bit of extra quality in the final third or to cut out a mistake or two. The drop in league may effectively give us that extra bit of quality relative to those around us, and maybe Norwood will be key.

Let’s see how we go for a bit. Whatever the results, if we see improvements then he should stay. As others have said, if he goes the risk is we’re just in a rinse & repeat cycle with no apparent end.

Good post Swansea.

I recall posting at the time Hurst was sacked that it would be a miracle if anyone could save us from relegation. PL was probably crazy to take the job when he took it, with the window closed and by the time it opened we were a lost cause. It was just a case of waiting for the inevitable, he did the best he could (acquiring Quaner and Keane) but its tough to recruit quality to a club that is sinking, and in reality it was always going to be about rebuilding in the summer for a promotion push.

Of course, Evans has put paid to that. After more than 50 years of supporting Town, I am thinking that if Lambert goes, I might just go as well. I am sick and tired of this hollow man that is our owner. If PL goes we must force Evans out.

Poll: would you rather

4 wins in his 32 games on 20:36 - Aug 2 with 1476 viewschristiand

4 wins in his 32 games on 20:23 - Aug 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Whilst I agree with this to a point, and think Lambert does deserve the chance to turn things around this year, if he proves not to be up to the job there isn’t much point keeping him around just for the sake of continuity, is there?

This is where the hard work starts for PL, not judged on last season. Let’s see how we get on in the first 10 games. We need to start building something at this club again, it’s got to start somewhere, but it will come with a bit of patience and time not through constant change. Well that’s my thoughts anyway.

4 wins in his 32 games on 20:50 - Aug 2 with 1439 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 wins in his 32 games on 20:32 - Aug 2 by LegendofthePhoenix

Good post Swansea.

I recall posting at the time Hurst was sacked that it would be a miracle if anyone could save us from relegation. PL was probably crazy to take the job when he took it, with the window closed and by the time it opened we were a lost cause. It was just a case of waiting for the inevitable, he did the best he could (acquiring Quaner and Keane) but its tough to recruit quality to a club that is sinking, and in reality it was always going to be about rebuilding in the summer for a promotion push.

Of course, Evans has put paid to that. After more than 50 years of supporting Town, I am thinking that if Lambert goes, I might just go as well. I am sick and tired of this hollow man that is our owner. If PL goes we must force Evans out.

When Lambert was appointed we were only 3 points adrift at the bottom and 5 from safety. the consensus was that we had a manageable run of games coming up and making the change then gave us a chance of survival

To suggest that it would have been considered a miracle to keep us up is rewriting history I’m afraid

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024