Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Windfall sell on fees 10:44 - Aug 5 with 3835 viewsHarlestonblue

I used to get really excited when we received a large sell on fee for one of our ex players. It was like an unexpected windfall, a lottery win, a bonanza. An unexpected bonus if you like. There have been a few of those this summer and we will receive a lot more than I expected , however if we hadn't sold them in the first place we would have received even higher sums. Webster in particular.
My point is that I can't really get excited now at all because we know the money will not be invested in new players at all, so where is the benefit or advantage for the manager, team and fans?
Windfall sell on fees on 10:46 - Aug 5 with 2623 viewsitfcjoe

It's the same for any transfer fees - it used to be exciting to see how they would be reinvested. Now as fans it just means you missing out on seeing a top player and the team is weaker

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Windfall sell on fees on 10:48 - Aug 5 with 2615 viewschicoazul

We are using the windfall money to pay off the outstanding balances on the Nolan Nsiala Donacien and Jackson fees, I am sure of this.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Windfall sell on fees on 10:48 - Aug 5 with 2602 viewsfergalsharkey

this has been the case since Evans arrived, how has it taken this long for you to realise??

Some people.

Poll: Cook out?

I don't think this has been discussed yet (n/t) on 10:49 - Aug 5 with 2590 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Windfall sell on fees on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 2592 viewsMetal_Hacker

It's where we are now I guess under ME

I saw a thread the other day banging on abut asset stripping and someone else arguing against the fact.

Really not sure what I'd call it but........

Poll: If it were one or the other

Windfall sell on fees on 10:56 - Aug 5 with 2556 viewsgmanrom

Windfall sell on fees on 10:48 - Aug 5 by chicoazul

We are using the windfall money to pay off the outstanding balances on the Nolan Nsiala Donacien and Jackson fees, I am sure of this.

So if we are using this money to pay the payments on last seasons purchases then what happened to the waghorn cash?

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Windfall sell on fees on 11:08 - Aug 5 with 2518 viewsbraveblue

If that is right then Evans made an even bigger profit last summer than we thought.
Evans used that to pay..... on 11:12 - Aug 5 with 2499 viewsBloots

Windfall sell on fees on 10:56 - Aug 5 by gmanrom

So if we are using this money to pay the payments on last seasons purchases then what happened to the waghorn cash?

....the balances on Leadbitter, Edwards and Martin.

Def info.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Windfall sell on fees on 11:14 - Aug 5 with 2514 viewsPhilTWTD

There may well be outstanding balances on deals - and I assume that was what PL meant about the Harrison deal on Friday and Town will of course be similarly owed cash from sales - but given the club has made losses of £6m plus a year in recent seasons, will probably have made an even bigger loss last season given the wages which were paid out to loan players in the second half of last season, and has a reduction in income of £9 million this season, it's not really a surprise that any incoming cash is being used to reduce what's likely to still be a very significant shortfall which otherwise the owner will have to make up.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Windfall sell on fees on 11:15 - Aug 5 with 2491 viewsPhilTWTD

Windfall sell on fees on 11:08 - Aug 5 by braveblue

If that is right then Evans made an even bigger profit last summer than we thought.

I don't think anyone seriously believes ME makes a profit, do they?
Windfall sell on fees on 11:16 - Aug 5 with 2482 viewsBluefish

Not really sure why this is so difficult to understand for everyone. Yes we might not be able to spend the money but we might be able to hang on to a current player opposed to being forced to sell to try and get closer to balancing the books. Why do football supporters have so little financial perspective?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Windfall sell on fees on 11:20 - Aug 5 with 2442 viewsgmanrom

Windfall sell on fees on 11:15 - Aug 5 by PhilTWTD

No way he makes a profit, but surely no one buys a club expecting to make profit!! End of the day Marcus Evans starving the club for so long ultimately cost the club it's championship status, so it is his fault that he has lost even more this year. The longer we are down here the more it will cost him and the more we will go into decline. The money from sell on fees are obviously not planned for and of he had any sense he would give it to the manager to use sensibly.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Yes... yes they do on 11:24 - Aug 5 with 2404 viewsDyland

As bizarre as that is.

One can criticise MEG's tenure very easily, without living in cloud cuckoo land. But there we have it. Folk, huh?

Windfall sell on fees on 11:26 - Aug 5 with 2398 viewschicoazul

Windfall sell on fees on 11:14 - Aug 5 by PhilTWTD

There may well be outstanding balances on deals - and I assume that was what PL meant about the Harrison deal on Friday and Town will of course be similarly owed cash from sales - but given the club has made losses of £6m plus a year in recent seasons, will probably have made an even bigger loss last season given the wages which were paid out to loan players in the second half of last season, and has a reduction in income of £9 million this season, it's not really a surprise that any incoming cash is being used to reduce what's likely to still be a very significant shortfall which otherwise the owner will have to make up.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well he should make it up then given it's his litany of mad stupid decisions that got us into this mess.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Windfall sell on fees on 11:27 - Aug 5 with 2395 viewsPhilTWTD

Windfall sell on fees on 11:20 - Aug 5 by gmanrom

No way he makes a profit, but surely no one buys a club expecting to make profit!! End of the day Marcus Evans starving the club for so long ultimately cost the club it's championship status, so it is his fault that he has lost even more this year. The longer we are down here the more it will cost him and the more we will go into decline. The money from sell on fees are obviously not planned for and of he had any sense he would give it to the manager to use sensibly.

No, and I'm sure he didn't, other than following promotion to the Premier League, which was obviously the plan when he came in. The Championship moved on around us and I think the reality is he simply doesn't have the cash to compete at the top level in that league any more, and that, coupled with a poor managerial appointment, led to relegation.

Not sure it's a case of ME starving the club so much as him funding it as much as he feels he can, more money has been injected in his years at the club than at any point in its history, the problem is a lot more is being injected elsewhere now.

Ultimately, as has been the case for a while, it's difficult to see what his motivation is now. I'd have thought he'd have cut his losses, although someone suggested to me he has a determination to get things right here, which is admirable but I'm not sure possible given the current financial limitations.
Windfall sell on fees on 11:29 - Aug 5 with 2375 viewshoppy

What is most galling is the vast increase in their 'value' in such a short space of time from when they've left the club and then us only getting a small percentage of that full fee.

I still get annoyed at selling Dalian Atkinson for £450K and Sheffield Wednesday selling him on only a year later for £1.7m or something like that.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Einstein had it right..... on 11:31 - Aug 5 with 2366 viewsBloots

Windfall sell on fees on 11:27 - Aug 5 by PhilTWTD

No, and I'm sure he didn't, other than following promotion to the Premier League, which was obviously the plan when he came in. The Championship moved on around us and I think the reality is he simply doesn't have the cash to compete at the top level in that league any more, and that, coupled with a poor managerial appointment, led to relegation.

Not sure it's a case of ME starving the club so much as him funding it as much as he feels he can, more money has been injected in his years at the club than at any point in its history, the problem is a lot more is being injected elsewhere now.

Ultimately, as has been the case for a while, it's difficult to see what his motivation is now. I'd have thought he'd have cut his losses, although someone suggested to me he has a determination to get things right here, which is admirable but I'm not sure possible given the current financial limitations.

.....when he said:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

(he probably didn't say it, but someone did.)

Einstein had it right..... on 11:32 - Aug 5 with 2360 viewsPhilTWTD

Einstein had it right..... on 11:31 - Aug 5 by Bloots

.....when he said:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

(he probably didn't say it, but someone did.)

That was one of Roy Keane's favourite quotes.
Unfortunately that's a result.... on 11:37 - Aug 5 with 2326 viewsBloots

Windfall sell on fees on 11:29 - Aug 5 by hoppy

What is most galling is the vast increase in their 'value' in such a short space of time from when they've left the club and then us only getting a small percentage of that full fee.

I still get annoyed at selling Dalian Atkinson for £450K and Sheffield Wednesday selling him on only a year later for £1.7m or something like that.

.....of our utter desperation to sell.

Clubs know it and undoubtedly use it to their advantage.

We sell players so cheap and so easily that it's worth clubs "taking a punt" on them.

The situation with Dozzell will be interesting.

If a lower end Prem club (or indeed a top end Champ club) offered us £6/7/8M we'd probably snap their hand off. But it's nothing to them, they'll either get a player they can develop further and flog for £30M or they'll just flog him for £6/7/8M when they get relegated (or fail to get promoted) and let someone else have a go at increasing his value.

Our issue is that we aren't in the market for players that are ready to be sold for £30M, because they cost £5M in the first place.

Windfall sell on fees on 11:38 - Aug 5 with 2312 viewsBluefish

Why else would they sing that he is a c*** during a match?

And he'd know. (n/t) on 11:39 - Aug 5 with 2306 viewsBloots

Einstein had it right..... on 11:32 - Aug 5 by PhilTWTD

That was one of Roy Keane's favourite quotes.

And he'd know. (n/t) on 11:40 - Aug 5 with 2295 viewsBluefish

And he'd know. (n/t) on 11:39 - Aug 5 by Bloots

Probably why he picked a random different team every week

Windfall sell on fees on 11:42 - Aug 5 with 2296 viewsBarneycurley

Windfall sell on fees on 11:26 - Aug 5 by chicoazul

Well he should make it up then given it's his litany of mad stupid decisions that got us into this mess.

Agree 100% It's his baby and just because of his bad decisions we find ourselves here. He's got this club by on the bare minimum for a long time.

The old boy has lost his bottle!

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Windfall sell on fees on 11:45 - Aug 5 with 2287 viewsBarneycurley

Windfall sell on fees on 11:38 - Aug 5 by Bluefish

Why else would they sing that he is a c*** during a match?

Frustration!

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Lollers on 11:45 - Aug 5 with 2280 viewsDyland

Windfall sell on fees on 11:42 - Aug 5 by Barneycurley

Agree 100% It's his baby and just because of his bad decisions we find ourselves here. He's got this club by on the bare minimum for a long time.

The old boy has lost his bottle!

And back in the real world.... ;)

Windfall sell on fees by PhilTWTD 5 Aug 2019 11:27

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024