Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us 12:11 - Aug 7 with 5332 viewsportmanking

From bottom-ten Championship to top-ten League One.

As so many of us have predicted on here, ME is merely setting fan expectations in line with his own pockets.

He talks about marrying ambition and reality - the man's had zero ambition in us since 2011!!
So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:35 - Aug 7 with 969 viewsWeekender

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:25 - Aug 7 by portmanking

He should spend what it takes to get this big, proud, historic club where it should be - competitive in the second tier at the very minimum. Anything less is selling the people of Suffolk down the river.

And ultimately, if he can't achieve that, he should hold his hands up and admit he's failed and actively find a buyer to do right by the town.

Your rant is misdirected. Your criticism should be aimed at the way football is run not the way ME runs town. We are not even close to being run sustainably as we require £6m plus of annual input. Yet we can event claim to have the highest budget in the third division.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:36 - Aug 7 with 970 viewshomer_123

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:25 - Aug 7 by portmanking

He should spend what it takes to get this big, proud, historic club where it should be - competitive in the second tier at the very minimum. Anything less is selling the people of Suffolk down the river.

And ultimately, if he can't achieve that, he should hold his hands up and admit he's failed and actively find a buyer to do right by the town.

Point of order - we have never been a 'big' club.

We have always been a Club that has far, far exceeded expectations.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:37 - Aug 7 with 969 viewsportmanking

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:36 - Aug 7 by homer_123

Point of order - we have never been a 'big' club.

We have always been a Club that has far, far exceeded expectations.

We have consistently been one of the top 30 biggest in the country.
So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:37 - Aug 7 with 966 viewsHerbivore

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:33 - Aug 7 by portmanking

As I've said before, you can't put a figure on it. We're the fans and the lifeblood of the club, not the commercial brains behind it. You don't have to be Einstein to recognise that our lack of competitiveness and dynamism on and off the pitch has led us to our lowest ebb.

What do you think would be reasonable for us to expect though? He already loses £6-8m a year and you think that's not enough. Would £20m a year be okay with you? That's probably one marquee signing a year. How about £30m? That's a couple of top signings a year, though likely less once we start budgeting for wage inflation in the rest of the squad to ensure there's no disharmony now we've got a couple of £25k earners on the books.

Would that be enough? Our budget would still be dwarfed by a number of sides in the Championship even spending at that level. Where would you draw the line?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:39 - Aug 7 with 961 viewsHerbivore

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:35 - Aug 7 by portmanking

Of course there would be legitimate buyers out there that would be interested in buying Ipswich at the very bottom of their curve. If Bolton in their current state can attract attention, then we have every chance.

To me, Evans is now like a gambler at the roulette table, wanting one more spin and seemingly unable to accept failure.

Okay, so if there are buyers out there that can offer us stability and increased investment on what ME puts in why have we not already been sold to one of them? ME has made it pretty clear he's open to offers and would sell to the right buyer.

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:40 - Aug 7 with 958 viewsclive_baker

Yeah, and lets not forget all the tax ME saves by owning ITFC. He's the real winner here. I reckon if you had have had a crystal ball 10 years ago and told ME he was about to oversee a decade of nothingness, the best part of a £100m hit to his pocket, relegation to L1 and being called a c*** from the terraces for his troubles he would've bitten your hand off. I mean who wouldn't?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:43 - Aug 7 with 937 viewsportmanking

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:40 - Aug 7 by clive_baker

Yeah, and lets not forget all the tax ME saves by owning ITFC. He's the real winner here. I reckon if you had have had a crystal ball 10 years ago and told ME he was about to oversee a decade of nothingness, the best part of a £100m hit to his pocket, relegation to L1 and being called a c*** from the terraces for his troubles he would've bitten your hand off. I mean who wouldn't?

I think you're forgetting that we, the fans, are the real losers here though...

Evans will be absolutely fine by the time he does eventually relinquish control. Meanwhile we slide further and further into the abyss of the Football League.
So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:44 - Aug 7 with 932 viewsitfcjoe

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:39 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

Okay, so if there are buyers out there that can offer us stability and increased investment on what ME puts in why have we not already been sold to one of them? ME has made it pretty clear he's open to offers and would sell to the right buyer.

But he isn't, so we don't know

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:44 - Aug 7 with 931 viewsHerbivore

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:43 - Aug 7 by portmanking

I think you're forgetting that we, the fans, are the real losers here though...

Evans will be absolutely fine by the time he does eventually relinquish control. Meanwhile we slide further and further into the abyss of the Football League.

How many millions have you lost through ITFC in the last decade?

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:45 - Aug 7 with 930 viewsportmanking

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:44 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

How many millions have you lost through ITFC in the last decade?

Without the fans, there wouldn't be a club...
So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:45 - Aug 7 with 927 viewsHerbivore

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:44 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

But he isn't, so we don't know

He isn't what? In his interview last year he more or less said we were for sale if the right buyer came in.

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:45 - Aug 7 with 926 viewsportmanking

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:39 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

But he isn't open to offers?
So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:46 - Aug 7 with 920 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Where do you get the "best part of £100m" from?
So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:47 - Aug 7 with 915 viewsitfcjoe

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:45 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

He isn't what? In his interview last year he more or less said we were for sale if the right buyer came in.

He isn't listening to offers, there have been enquiries made which have been flat batted away without even finding out further details - he doesn't want to sell at the moment for whatver reason

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:47 - Aug 7 with 915 viewsfactual_blue

Did you know he can claim further tax back by literally biting people's hands off?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:48 - Aug 7 with 906 viewsfactual_blue

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:34 - Aug 7 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

This is TWTD. Talking sense is anathema to many*.

*Or 'numbskulls' to give them their correct species.

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:49 - Aug 7 with 904 viewsHerbivore

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:47 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

He isn't listening to offers, there have been enquiries made which have been flat batted away without even finding out further details - he doesn't want to sell at the moment for whatver reason

I find it hard to believe that he'd turn away serious interest given that the club is a money pit.

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:49 - Aug 7 with 903 viewsportmanking

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:45 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

But the right buyer for us might not be the right buyer for ME...
So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:53 - Aug 7 with 893 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:37 - Aug 7 by portmanking

We have consistently been one of the top 30 biggest in the country.

Depends how you judge it and over what timescale.

Between 1966 and 1990ish we were. From 1984 onwards we were clearly on a slippery slope that led to us being a lower mid-table side in the second division when division 1 had 24 clubs.

We managed to make it back "where we belong" just in time for the start of the dawn of the Premier League era. but when we got relegated we were not big enough to dominate the second tier and only made it up through the play-offs after 5 years of trying. You could argue we were within that top 30 for those years but we were teetering on the edge of dropping away from it. Once relegated again we clung to it for 3 years but then our slump began and we have not been a top 30 club since 2005 aside from a few seasons which could easily be seen as us over-achieving rather than us being where our size determined.

Until 1961 we had never finished in the top 30 in the country. Ramsey and Robson worked wonders for us. Burley gave us hope again but we really have not "consistently" been one of the top 30 clubs in the country. Very few clubs have been.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:53 - Aug 7 with 887 viewsitfcjoe

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:49 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

I find it hard to believe that he'd turn away serious interest given that the club is a money pit.

So does everyone else!

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:53 - Aug 7 with 887 viewsclive_baker

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:46 - Aug 7 by FrankfurtBlue

Where do you get the "best part of £100m" from?

As it stands, the club has £95.5m of debt (and counting) that's exclusively owed to ME.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:55 - Aug 7 with 875 viewshomer_123

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:53 - Aug 7 by clive_baker

As it stands, the club has £95.5m of debt (and counting) that's exclusively owed to ME.

Best part would be £99.9m though wouldn't it! ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:55 - Aug 7 with 873 viewsfactual_blue

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:32 - Aug 7 by FrankfurtBlue

Where does the £9m figure come from?

I think it's the drop in TV revenue.

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:56 - Aug 7 with 871 viewsActionMan

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:21 - Aug 7 by Weekender

Of course he has made numerous mistakes for which criticism is fair but financial criticism leads to the usual question: How much more of his money should he spend on your pastime?

*his football business, and he's not very good at it let's be frank. I dont understand why everyone is rushing to defend him, his decisions led us to the 3rd division and that 9million loss, not the supporters who have been frankly loyal beyond compare and anything less than promotion this season will be thrown back at him, and rightly so, he's been a an absolute unmitigated failure. The fact the only defence his apologists have is that we're not Bolton is not much of a defence at all!

Yeah we cannot change it directly but we're right to call him out on his guff too. At relegation he described the team as competitive all season, he sold Murphy and brought in Leon Best, he speaks to Barry Fry, I mean the list goes on! ;)
So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:56 - Aug 7 with 866 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So in one fell swoop Evans has downgraded us on 12:47 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

I find that interesting because from what I read you genuinely are a man in the know.

I find it surprising too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024