Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... 19:53 - Aug 17 with 3362 viewsReuser_is_God

With 3 easier games remaining in August so you’d like to think that’ll be a minimum of 7 points if not 9.

I think that would go down as an excellent start to the season.

Not all is perfect though & we seem to be struggling a bit to find any real structure to our play & Lambert doesn’t seem to know how best side/formation.

For me we need Judge match fit & playing as a 10 but that would mean breaking the Norwood/Jackson partnership which is doing well. You could go diamond midfield & keep the top 2 but our full backs are poor so that’s bit of a non starter. Fcuk knows really but considering no one really knows our best team/formation we’re doing okay!

Big game Tuesday.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 22:12 - Aug 17 with 989 viewsKeaneish

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 21:18 - Aug 17 by BlueBadger

23 games, no assists, no goals. From someone who was billed as being the answer to our problems with midfield creativity.

Lord. Not you as well. You doing the Nightshift covering for Mullet tonight?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 22:13 - Aug 17 with 988 viewspointofblue

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 22:10 - Aug 17 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, I think that’s a fair shout in all honesty.

I’d like to see Roberts given a go as one of the wide men in a 433.

Reality is though he’s not good enough.

It's possible Roberts isn't good enough but he hasn't really had a chance to prove it either way. Obviously Lambert sees him in training every day.

Judge should be good enough but hasn't really shown it, not just this season but also last. Excuses are being made for him but he didn't and is not doing the job we expected from him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 22:46 - Aug 17 with 978 viewstextbackup

If our game plan is hoof it to Jackson and Norwood I’d suggest we break that up ASAP, stick judge in behind Norwood for a few games to see how it goes.
Judge, just to add, really did nothing to inspire when he came on today, crosses barely got more than knee height on them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 22:51 - Aug 17 with 966 viewsStokieBlue

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 22:12 - Aug 17 by Keaneish

Lord. Not you as well. You doing the Nightshift covering for Mullet tonight?

It's a valid point though - perhaps you should address it?

He was poor again today when he came on. Doesn't look like creating anything at all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 23:44 - Aug 17 with 944 viewsGarv

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 22:51 - Aug 17 by StokieBlue

It's a valid point though - perhaps you should address it?

He was poor again today when he came on. Doesn't look like creating anything at all.

SB

He didn't have to assist or score to improve our creativity, which he did.

And he did assist.

The one last season when he megged the full back then put it on an absolute plate for Nolan who missed, for example, is not his fault.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 09:38 - Aug 18 with 899 viewsBlueBadger

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 23:44 - Aug 17 by Garv

And he did assist.

The one last season when he megged the full back then put it on an absolute plate for Nolan who missed, for example, is not his fault.

I can't wait to see him hit the post from a bicycle kick. From an offside position.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 11:41 - Aug 18 with 868 viewsStewart27

Yes but there must be no more excuses now. 6 points next week.
I felt we needed 14 points from August. on 14:53 - Aug 18 with 852 viewsunstableblue

That now means 3 wins from 3 winnable games....

And to honest we need the momentum and confidence that those 3 wins will give.

Hopefully within those 3 games the system will begin to bed in.

Our new full back will improve us. And I feel we need a striker to offer an alternative to Jackson.

Fans seem restless.. need real momentum.. need to see a side with balance.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 15:00 - Aug 18 with 847 viewsITFCBlues

I think he knows our best team and how we want to play, but it's hard to do that when you're completely ravaged by injuries like we are now. Needs must at this stage and make sure we keep picking up points.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 15:05 - Aug 18 with 839 viewsHerbivore

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 23:44 - Aug 17 by Garv

And he did assist.

He's got one assist in 23 appearances for Town.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 15:28 - Aug 18 with 825 viewsitfcjoe

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 15:00 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

I think he knows our best team and how we want to play, but it's hard to do that when you're completely ravaged by injuries like we are now. Needs must at this stage and make sure we keep picking up points.

That is what I'm not sure about - I thought we'd be much closer to what he wants by now, even before the latest glut of injuries through pre season we weren't

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 15:33 - Aug 18 with 817 viewsITFCBlues

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 15:28 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

That is what I'm not sure about - I thought we'd be much closer to what he wants by now, even before the latest glut of injuries through pre season we weren't

I think 4231 is how he wants to play. But we just don't have the personnel fit at present. There's no wide players to really choose from and Judge isn't up to speed as it stands. I suspect that in a month or so you'll see 4231 with Judge in behind when Garbutt returns & there's actually wide players to choose from.

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 15:46 - Aug 18 with 807 viewsHerbivore

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 15:33 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

I think 4231 is how he wants to play. But we just don't have the personnel fit at present. There's no wide players to really choose from and Judge isn't up to speed as it stands. I suspect that in a month or so you'll see 4231 with Judge in behind when Garbutt returns & there's actually wide players to choose from.

You need the same number of wide players to play 4-2-3-1 as you do to play the 4-4-2 we've lined up with so far this season.

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 15:50 - Aug 18 with 802 viewsITFCBlues

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 15:46 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

You need the same number of wide players to play 4-2-3-1 as you do to play the 4-4-2 we've lined up with so far this season.

You also need a fit number 10 to play 433....we haven't had one

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 16:59 - Aug 18 with 788 viewsHerbivore

5 points from 3 of the tougher games on paper this season.... on 15:50 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

You also need a fit number 10 to play 433....we haven't had one

A number 10 in a 4-3-3? Usually you'd play a number 9 and two wide players up top and a balanced midfield three.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024