Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton 15:52 - Aug 19 with 8247 viewssaffers12

Game off tomorrow
Bolton on 15:54 - Aug 19 with 4947 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Link?

Not good, if true (assuming it is inability to fulfil).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bolton on 15:55 - Aug 19 with 4936 viewsKieran_Knows

Bolton on 15:54 - Aug 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Link?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bolton on 15:55 - Aug 19 with 4932 viewssaffers12

Link?

Sky news now
Bolton on 15:55 - Aug 19 with 4935 viewsmoughm

Statement on behalf of Paul Appleton, joint administrator for Bolton Wanderers

It is with real regret and a deepening sense of frustration that we have been forced to postpone tomorrow's fixture against Doncaster Rovers.

Whilst the threat of further EFL sanctions is obvious, nothing can be allowed to impact on the welfare of such a young group of players. With so many senior players injured or unavailable, the squad has performed heroically and deserves so much credit.

But after consultation with the club's medical staff, it is obvious that to call on them for another match without an adequate break would be detrimental to both their welfare and development which cannot be allowed.

We were able to bring in reinforcements before the match against Coventry because the deal was so close to completion. Now, following recent events, the legal position of various parties has altered which means a delay in completion. In this situation, it is very difficult to attract available players to the club.

I will be discussing the implications with the EFL but in the meantime, I would call on all parties involved with the acquisition of the club and hotel to end this intolerable delay and secure once and for all the future of Bolton Wanderers.

Further details on reimbursement for any tickets sold for tomorrow's game will follow.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 15:59]

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Bolton on 15:55 - Aug 19 with 4933 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Suspect Saturday may still be on.

It was called off on welfare grounds, and mention was made of players requiring a longer break between matches.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bolton on 15:55 - Aug 19 with 4929 viewsIllinoisblue

Link?

off because their young players are too tired to play. Which is an interesting spin on things. https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-paul-appleton-joi

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bolton on 15:57 - Aug 19 with 4876 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bolton on 15:55 - Aug 19 by Illinoisblue

off because their young players are too tired to play. Which is an interesting spin on things. https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-paul-appleton-joi

Yes, in a way a fair point.

....but also allows them to postpone a match that they will be more competitive in later in the season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bolton on 15:58 - Aug 19 with 4868 viewsITFC_Forever

Bolton on 15:55 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Suspect Saturday may still be on.

It was called off on welfare grounds, and mention was made of players requiring a longer break between matches.

I wouldn't put too much money on it.... they are circling the drain and Bury are virtually through it.

The EFL should have had this resolved months ago.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton on 15:59 - Aug 19 with 4814 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bolton on 15:55 - Aug 19 by Illinoisblue

Also inability to attract players to play as the takeover has now stalled.

Does not bode at all well for them or Bury. I presume fans have already bought tickets for Saturday and will be guaranteed refunds should the fixture not be played.

Bolton on 16:06 - Aug 19 with 4688 viewsPendejo

I footballing terms I fall in the category "unattached" - I'll happily go play for them, I'll even throw a tenner in for my subs as well.

As I'm the wrong side of 50 and am incredibly unfit, not sure what good I'd do...

But, surely there are able bodied folks in the ranks of their fans who they could sign just to ensure games are played? Their situation requires a radical strategy, and surely better than a [further] points penalty for not fulfilling a fixture.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 16:07]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Bolton on 16:11 - Aug 19 with 4621 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bolton on 15:58 - Aug 19 by ITFC_Forever

I wouldn't put too much money on it.... they are circling the drain and Bury are virtually through it.

The EFL should have had this resolved months ago.

In a sense yes, but if there had been any realistic chance a takeover would happen it is better they are given the time to do it. It must be getting close to the point that it isn't going to happen now. The postponement is likely to incur a further sanction - could be an automatic relegation? Would that mean the rest of their fixtures are not played and those already played are null and void?

I would be surprised if either Bury or Bolton make it through this without going bust.

This is all getting a bit silly.... on 16:14 - Aug 19 with 4590 viewsBloots

....and it's setting a dangerous precedent in postponing games, effectively because the players are tired.

I know there are extenuating circumstances given the ages of the players involved, but football clubs are basically rotten to the core and it won't be long before someone uses it to their advantage.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Jesus on 16:17 - Aug 19 with 4574 viewsDyland

Poor old Bolton. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, not them, not even the budgies.

Before anyone tells me to have a word, football is, at its heart, about rivalries, and your rivals need to exist to give meaning to your own support. There are things that transcend rivalry, sure. Those sublime moments of skill, whatever the colour of the players' shirts; displays of sportsmanship; or when fans unite in the face of tragedy, whoever the club. But in essence football is special and unique because of its history and the ebb and flow of its rivalries, and I hate to see any club threatened with extinction.

Aye, new clubs form and evolve, I get that too. Nonetheless, I hope BWFC can avoid termination. Largely cos I want to stuff the tvats twice this season :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

This is all getting a bit silly.... on 16:18 - Aug 19 with 4524 viewsIllinoisblue

This is all getting a bit silly.... on 16:14 - Aug 19 by Bloots

....and it's setting a dangerous precedent in postponing games, effectively because the players are tired.

I know there are extenuating circumstances given the ages of the players involved, but football clubs are basically rotten to the core and it won't be long before someone uses it to their advantage.

it's crying out for some strong leadership from the EFL. Oh...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This is all getting a bit silly.... on 16:22 - Aug 19 with 4461 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This is all getting a bit silly.... on 16:14 - Aug 19 by Bloots

They won't provided the EFL enforces an appropriate penalty.

A 3-0 defeat is not sufficient. It has to be a further points deduction or worse. I would assume relegation is within their rulebook due to inability to fulfil the fixtures.

Jesus on 16:22 - Aug 19 with 4459 viewsMullet

Jesus on 16:17 - Aug 19 by Dyland

Poor old Bolton. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, not them, not even the budgies.

Before anyone tells me to have a word, football is, at its heart, about rivalries, and your rivals need to exist to give meaning to your own support. There are things that transcend rivalry, sure. Those sublime moments of skill, whatever the colour of the players' shirts; displays of sportsmanship; or when fans unite in the face of tragedy, whoever the club. But in essence football is special and unique because of its history and the ebb and flow of its rivalries, and I hate to see any club threatened with extinction.

Aye, new clubs form and evolve, I get that too. Nonetheless, I hope BWFC can avoid termination. Largely cos I want to stuff the tvats twice this season :)

Quite. Also apologies to the OP for my repetition of this news so late.

But Bolton were the perfect adversaries in 99/00 and nothing more. There'd been a bit of build up to it and they might have got the last doctor-assisted laugh in the Prem before going bust on one too many over the hill stars, but what's happening to them and Bury is disgusting.

The whole league is being compromised because the EFL are too decision-constipated to sh1t out any sort of resolution or show some backbone. You've essentially got two relegation spots taken from the get-go now and sets of fans wondering what will happen. Even if they booted both out of the league now at least they could set about their own comeback stories instead of this limbo and torture.

As disgusting as the powers that be are at these clubs, they're essentially gangsters being allowed to rip apart any value from these clubs with impunity. It's tragic.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Jesus on 16:27 - Aug 19 with 4401 viewsitfcjoe

Jesus on 16:22 - Aug 19 by Mullet

Quite. Also apologies to the OP for my repetition of this news so late.

But Bolton were the perfect adversaries in 99/00 and nothing more. There'd been a bit of build up to it and they might have got the last doctor-assisted laugh in the Prem before going bust on one too many over the hill stars, but what's happening to them and Bury is disgusting.

The whole league is being compromised because the EFL are too decision-constipated to sh1t out any sort of resolution or show some backbone. You've essentially got two relegation spots taken from the get-go now and sets of fans wondering what will happen. Even if they booted both out of the league now at least they could set about their own comeback stories instead of this limbo and torture.

As disgusting as the powers that be are at these clubs, they're essentially gangsters being allowed to rip apart any value from these clubs with impunity. It's tragic.

What can the EFL do though? They are in a very tough spot

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jesus on 16:30 - Aug 19 with 4356 viewsMullet

Jesus on 16:27 - Aug 19 by itfcjoe

Eject them from the league seems the only viable step now.

Jesus on 16:33 - Aug 19 with 4334 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jesus on 16:27 - Aug 19 by itfcjoe

Are they? It seems clear they cannot fulfil their fixtures. They have already applied the 12 point deduction for entering administration and it has to be a more severe punishment now.

I can imagine them allowing the situation to drift further but surely they need to act now and say they are out of the league.

Jesus on 16:36 - Aug 19 with 4289 viewsPJH

Jesus on 16:33 - Aug 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Are they? It seems clear they cannot fulfil their fixtures. They have already applied the 12 point deduction for entering administration and it has to be a more severe punishment now.

I can imagine them allowing the situation to drift further but surely they need to act now and say they are out of the league.

There is still some sort of punishment to come for not getting their last game last season played.
Jesus on 16:37 - Aug 19 with 4278 viewsitfcjoe

Jesus on 16:30 - Aug 19 by Mullet

But that will be seen as the wrong thing by many, and they will be blamed for allowing it to get to that position, etc.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jesus on 16:37 - Aug 19 with 4273 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jesus on 16:30 - Aug 19 by Mullet

I don't think they will, I suspect that our match on Sat will be on.

It is sensible for them to use the welfare argument in order to postpone any matches they can until after the take over.

Bolton on 16:40 - Aug 19 with 4240 viewsMuncher

I've been following Bolton's sorry plight and it really is looking very grim for them indeed.

It is worth noting that were it not for the "investment" of Marcus Evans or a similar person over the last few years we would be facing exactly the same plight.

If we were forced to spend within our means and the money to cover operating losses from a benefactor were to dry up, we would likely be in League two at best. The money in the game has ruined football.
Jesus on 16:40 - Aug 19 with 4235 viewsMullet

Jesus on 16:37 - Aug 19 by itfcjoe

But that will be seen as the wrong thing by many, and they will be blamed for allowing it to get to that position, etc.

I agree, but that's what they get for sitting on their hands. Bolton should never have been allowed to start this season without intense scrutiny and assistance. They didn't even finish last season off, the fact they were already down (and yet above us) seemed to allow that to slip by.

We know British football needs a radical overhaul but this seems like the time where a club going pop, might actually changes things. I'm dubious though. You'll just see more Salford's and FGR's springing up.

Jesus on 16:42 - Aug 19 with 4199 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jesus on 16:37 - Aug 19 by itfcjoe

On what grounds would anybody claim that is the wrong thing to do?

They have been given no end of time to sort things out and I would imagine even their own fans would welcome sort of closure (short of it being the end of the club).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024