Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of 09:36 - Sep 2 with 5365 viewsartsbossbeard

We've seen 2 maybe even 3 teams come here and set up 2 banks of four and look to be difficult to break down and play a bit of counter attack.

Shrewsbury, in particular, didn't have a Plan B after the early goal or in fact a Plan C after the sending off. We are THAT big fish this season, we've got to expect plenty of teams to come here and potentially look to shut up shop and set up for damage limitation.

Probably got more chance of seeing more goals like our superb 3rd goal away from Portman Road this year where teams will have a go and space opens up.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 18:01 - Sep 2 with 805 viewsITFCAnalytics

This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 14:15 - Sep 2 by Herbivore

Not sure about that.

Hes got a point, we’re a high tempo, aggressive side. Top for goals, albeit 5 were against Bolton, top for xG, second for big chances created, second for shots per game, top for interceptions and dribbles per game, top 5 in the league for tackles per game and many fluid counter attacking goals. I don’t see how it isn’t rock and roll football considering these stats?
This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 18:47 - Sep 2 with 776 viewsconnorscontract

This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 10:39 - Sep 2 by MrTown

No team is off and flying to their peak after 6 games. Even more so off the back of a horrendous decline over the past 18 months.

I remember Norwich looking oh so ordinary last year, but the momentum they have hit, with good recruitment has worked out very well for them. Good side now.

Paul Hurst's team were unlucky to draw with Norwich, early in the season.

Let that sink in afresh...
This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 19:22 - Sep 2 with 761 viewsHerbivore

This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 18:01 - Sep 2 by ITFCAnalytics

Hes got a point, we’re a high tempo, aggressive side. Top for goals, albeit 5 were against Bolton, top for xG, second for big chances created, second for shots per game, top for interceptions and dribbles per game, top 5 in the league for tackles per game and many fluid counter attacking goals. I don’t see how it isn’t rock and roll football considering these stats?

Well, it's not been especially good for large parts of games thus far. Results have been very good, but performances are underwhelming. Good to see that we can still turn teams over when not really playing brilliantly though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 20:06 - Sep 2 with 727 viewsMullet

This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 18:01 - Sep 2 by ITFCAnalytics

As you say take out the Bolton game and what are we left with? Probably puts us top six for every measure still. Although xG still seems to be a load of toss to me (especially when you miss penalties!) and there isn't really a serious measure called "big chances created" is there?

That said, 1st half against Wimbledon booed off, Burton we were very opening day of the season and pretty turgid at times and shaky for large parts of the game. Luton is best skipped over, Posh and Sunderland were points dropped and bad all over the pitch for different reasons.

From a purely subjective point of view we've had the drama of that last minute winner and equaliser helping change perceptions and results in a massive way from a small sample.

A squad that hasn't really borne out a settled line up and style, we are very much a counter attacking team playing a rudimentary 442 against opposition so bad, we've not seen the like of apart from maybe cup games sporadically in the last 20 years.

The idea we can and should be so much better isn't a stretch and is one of the biggest positives about this month.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 20:34 - Sep 2 with 707 viewsjaykay

This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 20:06 - Sep 2 by Mullet

As you say take out the Bolton game and what are we left with? Probably puts us top six for every measure still. Although xG still seems to be a load of toss to me (especially when you miss penalties!) and there isn't really a serious measure called "big chances created" is there?

That said, 1st half against Wimbledon booed off, Burton we were very opening day of the season and pretty turgid at times and shaky for large parts of the game. Luton is best skipped over, Posh and Sunderland were points dropped and bad all over the pitch for different reasons.

From a purely subjective point of view we've had the drama of that last minute winner and equaliser helping change perceptions and results in a massive way from a small sample.

A squad that hasn't really borne out a settled line up and style, we are very much a counter attacking team playing a rudimentary 442 against opposition so bad, we've not seen the like of apart from maybe cup games sporadically in the last 20 years.

The idea we can and should be so much better isn't a stretch and is one of the biggest positives about this month.

i think the biggest positive is we are top. like big soup said shrewsbury came to kick us of the park. morison did his best to get woolfenden to react and get sent off early on in the second half.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 21:02 - Sep 2 with 686 viewsStewart27

This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 10:52 - Sep 2 by itfcjoe

I think there is an underlying malaise that eneds to be cleared and is being cleared at the moment, and hopefully we can begin to find out what we want to do from a position of strength at the top of the league because I do think we'll end up in some form of 4231 or 433.

I agree Joe.

We are winning and not playing particularly well. This is slightly worrying as we have not played well for a long time. Good teams play poorly and win but I’m worried that this will catch up with us eventually. I’m not going to be critical of us but I feel that our strikers are still isolated. 4-4-2 is working results wise but I feel that we may be more suited to a 5-3-2 with the recruitment of KVY and with Garbutt coming back. This would allow us to play Skuse and Downes with Judge playing in his preferred position as a number 10. When Nsiala comes back we also have more options with the back 3.
This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 23:37 - Sep 2 with 642 viewsITFCAnalytics

This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 20:06 - Sep 2 by Mullet

I have taken out the Bolton from our stats and other teams that have played them, our xG per game is now second in the league (were 1st), dribbles per game still top, interceptions still top, tackles per game increases from 9th to 4th so despite the Bolton game being removed we are still looking good for those stats. Shots per game and big chances created per game are the worrying ones they have decreased from the top 2 to now around 10th but still for our xG to be so high despite our lower shots ratio is encouraging. The first half against Wimbledon was poor yes but easily should Norwood have took his chance been way different and the wrong system was played, 1 upfront against 3 cbs knowing we’re weka with 1 upfront was an awful decision. Burton was an assured performance where nothing much really happened either way. Posh away was our worst performance in the league and they broke us down quite a lot down the sides but we’ve improved there with KVY now. Sunderland created many half chances and looked good first half, Judge coming on ruined our structure there but still he’s not all to blame there.
Yeah the drama of the last minute gaols has helped change perceptions extremely but it also shows our team spirit to be strong and sticks in it till the end.
I still personally think the 41212 suits us a lot better and is a way to get the best out of our current players with skuse or downes sitting preferably Skuse, downes and Huws flanking him and with Nolan and bishop to come back this system suits us depending on the game. Judge can then play in his preferred role and start building his relationship with Norwood and Jackson. KVY should be fine on the right and it says a lot if Charlton and Luton wanted him to use in their diamond formation also and fits it well. Kenlock is my concern as he seems susceptible when isolated against two opposition players and he tends to cut inside when on the ball meaning we could lack width at times when he’s on the ball. 442 suits us and our style at the moment and it should only improve with relationships forming between players.
This "we're winning but not playing well" line I'm seeing a lot of on 09:47 - Sep 3 with 561 viewsKeaneish

Harsh on Shrewsbury. They played a 3-5-2 with the ball and dropped to a 4-5-1 without it. 2 goals down in the opening 10 minutes didn't warrant a plan B given they were creating some good chances - i'd have backed Morrison to net his header all day long. That goes in and they're back in the game plus they hit the post and Holy pulled off two good saves.

After Whalley got sent off they still created several good chances but reverted to a 4-4-1 which is always set to contain. I thought Ricketts showed a bit of nouse using the width against our full backs and trying to stifle our midfield.

Thought the game was pretty open until the sending off despite the 2-goal cushion.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024