Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists 10:48 - Sep 4 with 21282 viewsBackToRussia

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/09/03/corbyn-better-no-deal-brexit-say

Can't read the whole article but just as a headline, that's quite delicious.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 10:49]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

(No subject) on 11:36 - Sep 5 with 1163 viewsfooters

(No subject) on 11:25 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

You have literally nothing to contribute. Zero. A complete waste of space on this board.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

(No subject) on 11:41 - Sep 5 with 1144 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) on 11:36 - Sep 5 by footers

What a childish reply. I'm giving my free opinion. Not policing the board.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

(No subject) on 11:42 - Sep 5 with 1137 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) on 11:24 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

And you jumped in with your size threes like an over excited Jack Russel trying to hump my leg and didn’t take into account what the poster I was replying to said.

He said he was “once lukewarm at best about Corbyn” and is now a “vociferous supporter” of him. His reasons? Well one of them was xenophobia in the Tory party.

He’s saying he has become a vociferous supporter of a racist leading a racist party because of the racism in another party. I’m sorry but that’s fcuked up.

He didn’t say that the xenophobia in the Tory party has reluctantly lead him to give his vote to labour, despite having grave reservations over their issue with antisemitism, an issue he admits to being aware of later in the thread, and the investigation by the EHRC.

He says he is a vociferous supporter of Corbyn. I’m sorry Dollers but that is fcuked up whatever way you look at it.

I did take into account what he said. As you say yourself, it was one of the reasons. If it was the only reason that would be, as you say, "fcuked up."

But it was one of a few he listed, and you jumped on xenophobia, like an over-excited Jack Russell wearing blinkers while sat on a pony and with your trousers round your ankles and size 2 shoes.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

(No subject) on 11:47 - Sep 5 with 1123 viewsgiant_stow

(No subject) on 11:42 - Sep 5 by BrixtonBlue

I did take into account what he said. As you say yourself, it was one of the reasons. If it was the only reason that would be, as you say, "fcuked up."

But it was one of a few he listed, and you jumped on xenophobia, like an over-excited Jack Russell wearing blinkers while sat on a pony and with your trousers round your ankles and size 2 shoes.

If the next couple of replies in this debate results in a size 0 shoes slur, does it become Ableist? And if it goes into negative numbers, does the space time continuum open up in a big worm hole? Careful people.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2019 11:47]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

(No subject) on 11:49 - Sep 5 with 1116 viewsitfcjoe

(No subject) on 11:47 - Sep 5 by giant_stow

If the next couple of replies in this debate results in a size 0 shoes slur, does it become Ableist? And if it goes into negative numbers, does the space time continuum open up in a big worm hole? Careful people.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2019 11:47]

You'll drop down to kids sizes first, so after 1 is Kids 13 to drag it out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

(No subject) on 11:49 - Sep 5 with 1115 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) on 11:42 - Sep 5 by BrixtonBlue

I "jumped on" xenophobia for obvious reasons. Labour are under investigation for racial discrimination. I'm sorry but if I was going to list three reasons why I was joining Labour I wouldn't choose one of them to be an issue of which the Labour party is under investigation for. I certainly wouldn't become a "vociferous supporter" of them.

btw the other two issues were the EU (which Corbyn has been against all his political life) and deceitfulness (Corbyn has been caught out with lie after lie. Whether it be taking money from Iranian state TV or laying a wreath for terrorist).

So yeah. Fcuked up reasons.

Iron Lion Zion

(No subject) on 12:00 - Sep 5 with 1083 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) on 11:49 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

I "jumped on" xenophobia for obvious reasons. Labour are under investigation for racial discrimination. I'm sorry but if I was going to list three reasons why I was joining Labour I wouldn't choose one of them to be an issue of which the Labour party is under investigation for. I certainly wouldn't become a "vociferous supporter" of them.

btw the other two issues were the EU (which Corbyn has been against all his political life) and deceitfulness (Corbyn has been caught out with lie after lie. Whether it be taking money from Iranian state TV or laying a wreath for terrorist).

We'll have to agree to disagree. If you're capable of holding your nose and being a Tory Party member and voting for them for numerous years, then I don't see why others can't vote for Labour (or even vociferously support them) despite there being some unsavoury elements.

I've never been a member of any political party, and I've voted for Labour once, but apparently I'm a disgrace.

Whatever the Labour Party's problems, however unpalatable they may be to me personally, I have to think of the good of the country as a whole when I place my vote. I ought to be able to reserve my right to do that without being told it's fcuked or a disgrace by a Tory.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

(No subject) on 12:09 - Sep 5 with 1062 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) on 12:00 - Sep 5 by BrixtonBlue

We'll have to agree to disagree. If you're capable of holding your nose and being a Tory Party member and voting for them for numerous years, then I don't see why others can't vote for Labour (or even vociferously support them) despite there being some unsavoury elements.

I've never been a member of any political party, and I've voted for Labour once, but apparently I'm a disgrace.

Whatever the Labour Party's problems, however unpalatable they may be to me personally, I have to think of the good of the country as a whole when I place my vote. I ought to be able to reserve my right to do that without being told it's fcuked or a disgrace by a Tory.

I've never said that voting labour id fcuked or a disgrace. If you read what I posted I said, and I quote, "There are decent Labour members and voters who constantly speak up against racism".

I said it's fcked to give a reason for being a "vociferous" supporter of Corbyn as being another party's xenophobia whilst Corbyn's Labour is currently under investigation by the EHRC.

I didn't say you were a disgrace for voting Labour. I said you are a disgrace because over the past four years you have constantly played the man when I bring this subject up rather than actually discussing the subject itself.

But you are right. We should agree to disagree. I don't think you have a malicious bone in your body. I think you genuinely believe that Labour government would transform the lives of many people for the better. I disagree. I think they'll ruin the economy and hit the very people you believe they will help. That's a completely different argument.

But I do belive you are so emotionally invested in the Corbyn project that you blindly defend the indefensible.

edit. And you know what. I get it. I'm as emotionally invested in this whole anti-Semitism issue which sometimes blinds me into understanding other people's point of view and I regret calling you a disgrace and I apologise.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2019 12:17]

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 12:23 - Sep 5 with 1034 viewsBackToRussia

(No subject) on 12:09 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

I've never said that voting labour id fcuked or a disgrace. If you read what I posted I said, and I quote, "There are decent Labour members and voters who constantly speak up against racism".

I said it's fcked to give a reason for being a "vociferous" supporter of Corbyn as being another party's xenophobia whilst Corbyn's Labour is currently under investigation by the EHRC.

I didn't say you were a disgrace for voting Labour. I said you are a disgrace because over the past four years you have constantly played the man when I bring this subject up rather than actually discussing the subject itself.

But you are right. We should agree to disagree. I don't think you have a malicious bone in your body. I think you genuinely believe that Labour government would transform the lives of many people for the better. I disagree. I think they'll ruin the economy and hit the very people you believe they will help. That's a completely different argument.

But I do belive you are so emotionally invested in the Corbyn project that you blindly defend the indefensible.

edit. And you know what. I get it. I'm as emotionally invested in this whole anti-Semitism issue which sometimes blinds me into understanding other people's point of view and I regret calling you a disgrace and I apologise.

Surely the whole issue is about the culpability of Corbyn, Formby and Milne. Obviously there are allegations that they directly intervened in disciplinary procedures - making decisions, including not taking actions against known antisemites, but they are just that currently. Dolly has always maintained that he condemns the actual instances of antisemitism - who would not.

Is this not the point of the EHRC investigation - to determine what actually happened in the upper echelons of the party? If so, it's all pretty moot until the findings are out.

Riley calling Corbyn an antisemite is essentially libellous at this stage, and I'm not sure it really helps to say it while the investigation is ongoing.

Having said that, if it's proven Corbyn personally - or someone close to him that he had knowledge of (hard to prove) - intervened to stop or frustrate antisemites facing proper disciplinary action, that is egregious and he should go immediately.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

(No subject) on 12:24 - Sep 5 with 1033 viewsitfcjoe

(No subject) on 11:49 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

It shows what little other alternative there is currently, that is the biggest takeaway

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

(No subject) on 12:33 - Sep 5 with 1016 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) on 12:09 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

"over the past four years you have constantly played the man when I bring this subject up rather than actually discussing the subject itself."

This is simply not true. I have discussed the subject many, many times with you. If you're going to do an apology post (which I appreciate) please don't try to slip a lie in the middle of it.

With regards to you thinking Labour will ruin the economy - could they really do worse than the current government are doing? I don't even think Labour's changes are that radical are they?

Thanks for your apology.

(No subject) on 13:00 - Sep 5 with 997 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) on 12:33 - Sep 5 by BrixtonBlue

"over the past four years you have constantly played the man when I bring this subject up rather than actually discussing the subject itself."

This is simply not true. I have discussed the subject many, many times with you. If you're going to do an apology post (which I appreciate) please don't try to slip a lie in the middle of it.

With regards to you thinking Labour will ruin the economy - could they really do worse than the current government are doing? I don't even think Labour's changes are that radical are they?

Thanks for your apology.

Hey, I thought that was reasonably balanced. I even left out the line that you had gone from "My Booky Wook" to "Das Kapital" within the space of a few weeks, but left it out in the spirit of goodwill .

Iron Lion Zion

(No subject) on 16:38 - Sep 5 with 936 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) on 13:00 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

Hey, I thought that was reasonably balanced. I even left out the line that you had gone from "My Booky Wook" to "Das Kapital" within the space of a few weeks, but left it out in the spirit of goodwill .

I've never read Das Kapital. My Booky Wook is very good though. Very illuminating and I think you'd have more time for Mr. Brand if you read it.

(No subject) on 19:16 - Sep 5 with 910 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) on 16:38 - Sep 5 by BrixtonBlue

I've never read Das Kapital. My Booky Wook is very good though. Very illuminating and I think you'd have more time for Mr. Brand if you read it.

I'd love to know what was on GB's summer hols reading list!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

(No subject) on 19:43 - Sep 5 with 896 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) on 19:16 - Sep 5 by SpruceMoose

I'd love to know what was on GB's summer hols reading list!

You only read during the summer holidays? How odd.

This is on my bucket list of books.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moose-Hunting-Calling-Decoying-Stalking/dp/1628736747/r

Iron Lion Zion

(No subject) on 19:46 - Sep 5 with 891 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) on 19:43 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

You only read during the summer holidays? How odd.

This is on my bucket list of books.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moose-Hunting-Calling-Decoying-Stalking/dp/1628736747/r

I'm sorry. You were saying a while back that you were incredibly busy these days with a new venture so incorrectly assumed you wouldn't have as much time for leisurely pursuits.

If you want to off me, save yourself some time and just read 'Pushing People In Front of Buses' by Grimboy. It's a real page turner, in that it has one page.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024