Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists 10:48 - Sep 4 with 21283 viewsBackToRussia

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/09/03/corbyn-better-no-deal-brexit-say

Can't read the whole article but just as a headline, that's quite delicious.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 10:49]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:11 - Sep 4 with 1195 viewsGlasgowBlue

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:08 - Sep 4 by BlueinBrum

You're proving my point really. The Tories are so incredibly unpalatable that I'm driven to the alternative, in spite of its many faults, and have found myself supporting people like Corbyn because the alternative is so truly awful.

I abhor antisemitism and agree that the Labour Party should have done a much better job in dealing with these dreadful factions within its support. The fact that I would still much rather side with Labour in spite of these shortcomings reflects what a putrid mess the Conservative Party is.

It isn't binary you know? You don't have to be put off from voting for the incompetent racists and driven into the arms of the racist incompetents.

There are other parties to vote for.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:13 - Sep 4 with 1184 viewsDarth_Koont

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:05 - Sep 4 by lowhouseblue

"But I don't in principle think that the companies' or shareholders' interests are at the top of the list."

but on the other hand the expropriation of property / assets runs counter to the human rights convention.

Define "expropriation" in this case. The proposal is to swap the value of their shares for the value of bonds.

Is that the way to go forward? Who knows?

Pronouns: He/Him

(No subject) on 14:14 - Sep 4 with 1176 viewsfooters

(No subject) on 14:03 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

"Did you not know about the reprehensible views of many in the party for all those years while you were merrily voting for them? Or did you just not care? "

Didn't we do this just a couple of months ago?

Edit. Yes we did. And you even thanked me for my answer.

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising by GlasgowBlue 9 Jul 2019 9:45
I’ve not been an active member of the Conservative party since 1991 when I moved abroad. Since then i’ve paid a yearly subscription (up until 2017).

When I was active, through the 1980’s, there wasn’t an issue with Islamophobia. Then again there wasn’t an issue with Islamophobia in society in general. The only time I encountered it during my time as a councillor was when an Asian family were being targeted on a council estate in my ward by a minority of knuckle dragging residents who didn’t want “pakis” living amongst them.

There were far more issues in the Tory party back then with attitudes towards black people, but again, these were during a time were racism was far more open in the media and entertainment. Things were certainly said in society that would be unacceptable today.

But you have to remember that the period I am talking about predates the internet. There were very few black people where I lived and so anti black racism wasn’t something I ever come in to contact with. The only time that I recall it being an issue was when I was a member of the selection panel for local government and we had a prospective candidate in front of us who we had been informed by a neighbouring constituency that he had been leafleting for the National Front some years previously. Obviously he didn’t make it to the candidates list.

In more recent times I have obviously become aware of the anti immigrant rhetoric by the Tory party, although if you’ll forgive the whatabouterry, this is something that Labour have also indulged in with their “British Jobs for British workers” slogans and “controls on immigration” mugs.

So yeh, I’m pretty shocked that 60% of Tory members had islamophibic views, but altogether it surprised conspiring we have seen the demonisation of Muslims in the county and elsewhere since 9/11

A genuine question for you sprucey. You have said that you won’t vote labour because of their Brexit position and the antisemitism issue. If Corbyn comes out unequivocally for a people’s vote in which he will commit Labour to campaigning remain, will you reconsider voting Labour?

[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 14:07]

You weren't aware of any racism in the Tory party in the 80s regarding Apartheid or attitudes surrounding the Brixton riots, etc? Wow. Must have pretty big blinkers on!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

(No subject) on 14:17 - Sep 4 with 1154 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 14:14 - Sep 4 by footers

You weren't aware of any racism in the Tory party in the 80s regarding Apartheid or attitudes surrounding the Brixton riots, etc? Wow. Must have pretty big blinkers on!

Yet can see rampant antisemitism in the Labour party. So rampant that even some of the Jews are doing it!!

I'm calling bullsh!t.

(No subject) on 14:18 - Sep 4 with 1150 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) on 14:14 - Sep 4 by footers

And here we go. 2 out of 3 start the pincer movement. You guys are nothing if not predictable.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 14:18]

Iron Lion Zion

(No subject) on 14:18 - Sep 4 with 1147 viewsfooters

(No subject) on 14:17 - Sep 4 by Darth_Koont

Yet can see rampant antisemitism in the Labour party. So rampant that even some of the Jews are doing it!!

I'm calling bullsh!t.

"Hang Nelson Mandela" was just a joke, and nothing to do with his race.

Damascene conversion, hosana. And a cure for the blind discovered too. Miraculous.

(No subject) on 14:19 - Sep 4 with 1140 viewsfooters

(No subject) on 14:18 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

And here we go. 2 out of 3 start the pincer movement. You guys are nothing if not predictable.

I read your post but didn't see an answer.

But there you go, you finally found the minerals after last night's vino sesh to name your three! Sorry, we'll leave your board now...

(No subject) on 14:20 - Sep 4 with 1137 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) on 14:18 - Sep 4 by footers

Damascene conversion, hosana. And a cure for the blind discovered too. Miraculous.

As somebody who has defended a great deal of the numerous antisemitic incidents in the Labour party I have linked on here, I can see why you would rather talk about things that happened over thirty years ago rather than what is happening today.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 14:21]

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 14:24 - Sep 4 with 1112 viewsfooters

(No subject) on 14:20 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

As somebody who has defended a great deal of the numerous antisemitic incidents in the Labour party I have linked on here, I can see why you would rather talk about things that happened over thirty years ago rather than what is happening today.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 14:21]

Ah, so you're still a bit blind then? I have said, even on this very thread, that there is a problem with antisemitism in the Labour party and am happy it's being dealt with. Some of your examples were arguable in my opinion. You disagree.

Oh, right. I just thought that you'd been such a strong anti-racist all your life that you would pick up on these things. Obviously not at a time when you were politically active in a party full of racists.

And I have also been talking about today as well. For example, the inherent Islamophobia in your 'former' party.

You carry on, GB. It's plain to see what you're doing.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:25 - Sep 4 with 1108 viewsBrixtonBlue

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 13:52 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

You seem to be taking an odd position, based on who is posting rather than what is being posted.

In answer to a question I posed to you not so long ago you stated that you couldn't vote Labour under Corbyn even if he changed his position on Brexit because of the anti-Semitism issue and that you could get what you wanted from the Lib Dems.

Do you still stand by that statement? If so why are you jumping on the whatbouterry train and constantly bringing up the Tories?

If I was suggesting people vote Tory to keep Corbyn out of office then I could understand the position you are taking. But I'm not. I've said the exact opposite.

It's you that rode in on the whatabouterry train.

All this bluster is to avoid dealing with the OP.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

(No subject) on 14:27 - Sep 4 with 1095 viewsDarth_Koont

I could say the same when you and Lowers gang up with your xenophobic Brexit, pro-Israeli lot.

But, of course, that's just a loose confederacy of dunces and shameless political fanboys.

(No subject) on 14:29 - Sep 4 with 1085 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) on 13:48 - Sep 4 by SpruceMoose

A wise man once say:

The human race is in danger of eating itself. We are too quick to look for any sort of ism that just simply isn’t there.

Although they also said:

I can see why a bloke would go through tinder but my opinion is that if a bird is reduced to using a dating site then she doesn't get chatted up enough. No quality girl would be on one of those sites because they are either taken or get enough offers in the real world.

Things that make you go 'hmmm'.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 13:51]

Did Glassers say that? I remember him saying similar, but not actually using the word "bird."

Also, the insinuation that a woman is only quality in terms of looks, and how often she's chatted up, is a bit sexist isn't it?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:32 - Sep 4 with 1071 viewscaught-in-limbo

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:11 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

It isn't binary you know? You don't have to be put off from voting for the incompetent racists and driven into the arms of the racist incompetents.

Or vote for no one.

If there's crod on the BBC* and crod on the other chanels*, I show my displeasure by not entertaining any of them in the increasing belief that they realise and will improve their programming to get my attention back again.

Some people will say I should still sit on the sofa and watch a blank screen in protest. Nope, if they serve up poop I'm gone until they provide something useful. The fact that anyone's great uncle died for me to watch Auntie, doesn't wash with me.

*Or TVE and ETB etc

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:32 - Sep 4 with 1070 viewsBrixtonBlue

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 13:46 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

Is "bint" a sexist term for a woman?

Yeah, I'm probably a bit sexist. And a bit thick as well.

Now we've dealt with that, do you want to offer an opinion on the OP that "Corbyn is better than no-deal Brexit, say investment banks"?

You've swerved it for 6 pages.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:34 - Sep 4 with 1047 viewsBrixtonBlue

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:11 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

Glassers, you've been voting for the Tories for years. They haven't just become racists overnight.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:34 - Sep 4 with 1040 viewsSpruceMoose

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:34 - Sep 4 by BrixtonBlue

Glassers, you've been voting for the Tories for years. They haven't just become racists overnight.

Point of order. I think we should use the more general term 'bigots'. It's not just racism they've been guilty of.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

(No subject) on 14:35 - Sep 4 with 1039 viewsBrixtonBlue

Or just answer the question?

(No subject) on 14:35 - Sep 4 with 1038 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 14:18 - Sep 4 by footers

I expect he just patted them on the head and said they should concentrate on the real enemy.

The anti-racists.

(No subject) on 14:37 - Sep 4 with 1028 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) on 14:24 - Sep 4 by footers

Ah, so you're still a bit blind then? I have said, even on this very thread, that there is a problem with antisemitism in the Labour party and am happy it's being dealt with. Some of your examples were arguable in my opinion. You disagree.

Oh, right. I just thought that you'd been such a strong anti-racist all your life that you would pick up on these things. Obviously not at a time when you were politically active in a party full of racists.

And I have also been talking about today as well. For example, the inherent Islamophobia in your 'former' party.

You carry on, GB. It's plain to see what you're doing.

He's been caught with his pants down, while wearing blinkers, and sat on a little pony.

(No subject) on 14:39 - Sep 4 with 1018 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:34 - Sep 4 by SpruceMoose

Point of order. I think we should use the more general term 'bigots'. It's not just racism they've been guilty of.

Reminds me of this.

Sorry to interrupt - carry on.

(FWIW, it's probably possible that there are problems within both the Labor Party and the Tory party - I'm not convinced they are mutually exclusive, and I don't think there's a particular need to see who's got the biggest problem. Maybe we could expect better of both our main political parties - just an idea ).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:41 - Sep 4 with 1007 viewscaught-in-limbo

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:32 - Sep 4 by BrixtonBlue

Now we've dealt with that, do you want to offer an opinion on the OP that "Corbyn is better than no-deal Brexit, say investment banks"?

"Yeah, I'm probably a bit sexist. And a bit thick as well."

You're not sexist.

But it's worthwhile knowing that the word "bint" is an Arabic word meaning "girl". Don't want anyone accusing you of racism either, right?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

(No subject) on 14:42 - Sep 4 with 1005 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) on 14:29 - Sep 4 by BrixtonBlue

Did Glassers say that? I remember him saying similar, but not actually using the word "bird."

Also, the insinuation that a woman is only quality in terms of looks, and how often she's chatted up, is a bit sexist isn't it?

Very sexist. As was my post that the most interesting thing I'd seen at Ipswich last season* was the barmaid's tits. Sprucey's sidekick obviously couldn't find that one in his list of bookmarked posts.

*Season 2017 I think. Could have been 2016.

I'm honest enough to admit that I have used sexist and outdated language. I hope to do better in the future. I think that I do.

Meanwhile you have wriggled and squirmed when challenged about your own sexist language.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 14:43]

Iron Lion Zion

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:45 - Sep 4 with 993 viewsfooters

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:34 - Sep 4 by BrixtonBlue

This being a more recent example.

At the same time as he was happily a member, dear old footers was hitting the streets of the East End dispensing leaflets to migrants informing them of their rights, and how to deal with the shady immigration officers who'd literally kick their doors in at all hours.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:47 - Sep 4 with 985 viewsBigManBlue

This thread feels like Boxing Day with the family...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:48 - Sep 4 with 979 viewsGlasgowBlue

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 14:32 - Sep 4 by BrixtonBlue

I haven't swerved anything. I haven't given a comment either way.

As we can always vote out Corbyn if elected but will go over a cliff in the event of no deal I think I agree with the investment banks.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024