Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses 19:02 - Sep 12 with 9521 viewswkj

I have recently had a hard time driving as my ol' oculars are a bit sensitive to the old Sun bouncing off of the fields around the estate. I decided I would get some wrap around sunnies as I thought they looked practical and stylish. When I got home the other day, Mrs WKJ to be baulked and said, get those off of your head, you look like an utter tw** (more so than usual apparently)

Are wrap around sunglasses really that big of a deal, do they really make you look like a tw**. If so, what are my alternatives?
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 19:03]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 03:31 - Sep 13 with 3203 viewsbackinbeige

A more appropriate link:
https://www.ray-ban.com/uk/face-shape-guide/clp

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 06:32 - Sep 13 with 3173 viewsBlue_Order

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 03:25 - Sep 13 by backinbeige

Wraparounds are for people who have decided that mountaineering clothes (North Face, Mountain Warehouse) are the height of fashion and call mountain biking an extreme sport because they're trying to convince everyone it's cool.

The shape of the glasses the suit you depends on the shape of your head:
https://www.coastal.com/thelook/glasses-for-face-shape/

Appreciate the example in that site is spectacles but you get the idea. It's not about what facial hair you do/don't have, it's your face shape. Long/round/square/angular chin/angular cheekbones/etc etc etc are matched with big/small/wide/round/square sunglasses.

Having said that:
1. You can't go wrong with the three classic Ray Ban designs- Wayfarer, Clubmaster (surprised no one said that yet) and Aviator.
2. Wraparounds are a step up from glasses on a cord.

Wayfarers are King 👍
Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 17:48 - Sep 13 with 3136 viewsSpruceMoose

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 06:32 - Sep 13 by Blue_Order

Wayfarers are King 👍

If I had to guess the top professions in which wraparound wearers would be found my guess would be media marketing types and recruitment consultants.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 17:52]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 17:49 - Sep 13 with 3135 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:55 - Sep 12 by Tangledupin_Blue

And when it's his 5 year old's school sports day he takes running shoes for the dads race.

I have seen a fair few fights break out over the egg and spoon race before, I must say, i do remember the dads having hideous buzz cuts and wrap around sunnies on.

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:09 - Sep 13 with 3113 viewsblueconscience

Seems like a simple pair of Oakleys or Ray Bans are the way to go in the current Fashion period.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses (n/t) on 21:08 - Sep 13 with 3087 viewsTexaco73

[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 21:10]
Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 00:51 - Sep 14 with 3053 viewsbackinbeige

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:09 - Sep 13 by blueconscience

Seems like a simple pair of Oakleys or Ray Bans are the way to go in the current Fashion period.

Except not the Oakleys

I don’t really follow fashion trends, I much go for classic styles. Styles that suit your shape and have stuck around for a few years so are proven to be a good design. For example, clothes that fit well look far better than clothes that are of this year. The fact that the Ray Ban designs have lasted decades says a lot.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 08:59 - Sep 14 with 3023 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 00:51 - Sep 14 by backinbeige

Except not the Oakleys

I don’t really follow fashion trends, I much go for classic styles. Styles that suit your shape and have stuck around for a few years so are proven to be a good design. For example, clothes that fit well look far better than clothes that are of this year. The fact that the Ray Ban designs have lasted decades says a lot.

I do like to don a nice pair of Ray Bans whene I play Polo, or if when I am reduced to golf, I dare say they might be a bit too stylish for the car, but I'll give em a go!

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 13:35 - Oct 13 with 2852 viewsfooters

It's a big fat no from me, wkj. Wraparound shades are the preserve of the cockwomble.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 13:46 - Oct 13 with 2844 viewsnoggin

Avoid looking like a dick, by taking your sunglasses off, instead of wearing them on top of your head.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 15:53 - Oct 13 with 2818 viewsSwansea_Blue

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:12 - Sep 12 by SpruceMoose

This.

You know what I mean though when I say there's a certain type of bloke who wears them?
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 19:13]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 22:00 - Oct 13 with 2788 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 15:53 - Oct 13 by Swansea_Blue

Defo a roboplegic wrongcock.

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 12:19 - Oct 14 with 2728 viewsGlasgowBlue

Which TWTD poster have you three been trawling around Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets to find them wearing wrap around sunglasses?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 12:22]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 12:27 - Oct 14 with 2723 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 12:19 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

Which TWTD poster have you three been trawling around Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets to find them wearing wrap around sunglasses?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 12:22]

I am not sure what about my post has you prompt you into this reply, or of course if this is even aimed at me at all. I have never particularly been GQ, I am the first to admit, but given the situation I encountered with the good lady it seemed fitting that I should confirm whether or not I am in the right or wrong, the majority seems to have answered that question without the need for more mainstream social media research.

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 12:36 - Oct 14 with 2710 viewsWeWereZombies

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:19 - Sep 12 by pbishop1799

Buy a pair of fake Aviators from Home Bargains. Only a few pounds.

If you get some of those Oakley ‘wraparounds’, people will hate you. And rightly.

A word of warning - Home Bargains now sells the National Enquirer...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 12:41 - Oct 14 with 2704 viewsfooters

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 12:27 - Oct 14 by wkj

I am not sure what about my post has you prompt you into this reply, or of course if this is even aimed at me at all. I have never particularly been GQ, I am the first to admit, but given the situation I encountered with the good lady it seemed fitting that I should confirm whether or not I am in the right or wrong, the majority seems to have answered that question without the need for more mainstream social media research.

To be fair you do own a pair of crocs. Asking for fashion advice from others is probably a wise move. You just can't be trusted to make your own decisions on this.

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 12:42 - Oct 14 with 2701 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 12:41 - Oct 14 by footers

To be fair you do own a pair of crocs. Asking for fashion advice from others is probably a wise move. You just can't be trusted to make your own decisions on this.

As you saw in the picture I sent you, the crocs are only worn when I am in the middle of tasks such as redecorating. I barely leave the house as it is, but compared to my Crocs, I looks like a socialite.

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 12:48 - Oct 14 with 2692 viewsfooters

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 12:42 - Oct 14 by wkj

As you saw in the picture I sent you, the crocs are only worn when I am in the middle of tasks such as redecorating. I barely leave the house as it is, but compared to my Crocs, I looks like a socialite.

Such tasks probably shouldn't include making the beast with two backs tho.

Picture very much appreciated ;)

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 14:45 - Oct 14 with 2647 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 12:48 - Oct 14 by footers

Such tasks probably shouldn't include making the beast with two backs tho.

Picture very much appreciated ;)

Between you and that Glasgow chap, I really have no idea what is going on in this discussion any more.

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 14:53 - Oct 14 with 2643 viewschicoazul

Wrap around sunglasses are indeed awful. Persol 714 are my choice.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 14:54]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 15:08 - Oct 14 with 2627 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 14:53 - Oct 14 by chicoazul

Wrap around sunglasses are indeed awful. Persol 714 are my choice.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 14:54]

Bio or non-bio?

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 15:09 - Oct 14 with 2625 viewsBiGDonnie

You legit thought wrap around sunnies would look stylish?

You're wearing three quarter length shorts now aren't you...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 16:14 - Oct 14 with 2592 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 15:09 - Oct 14 by BiGDonnie

You legit thought wrap around sunnies would look stylish?

You're wearing three quarter length shorts now aren't you...

I prefer the term "Jeggings"

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 16:17 - Oct 14 with 2584 viewsBiGDonnie

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 16:14 - Oct 14 by wkj

I prefer the term "Jeggings"

I bet you're bulging an absolute treat

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 16:19 - Oct 14 with 2581 viewsfooters

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 16:17 - Oct 14 by BiGDonnie

I bet you're bulging an absolute treat

Like a bin bag full of pork.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024