Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth v Southampton 19:37 - Sep 19 with 12439 viewsAsh1987

Next Tuesday on sky apperantly 66,000 Pompey fans applied for tickets. Remarkable.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:45 - Sep 19 with 2197 viewsAsh1987

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:42 - Sep 19 by Devereuxxx

I think theres always more fervour around a derby if it hasn't been played in a few years. Games like United vs City and Liverpool vs Everton, yeah they're bigger clubs, great, but the derby happens twice every season (at least) and I lose interest in those sort of derbys, I come down with a case of derby fatigue. Abroad it's even worse, there seems to be an el Clasico every other week.

This one feels a bit different; I don't think Pompey have played one since they reached their lowest ebb a couple of seasons ago, while Southampton will want to put them in their place - all the pressure is on them. Looking forward to it.

Agreed. It will be an epic encounter. Saints expected to win but the home crowd may make the difference.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:47 - Sep 19 with 2184 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:42 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

Last time Ipswich played Norwich it wasn't a sellout only 24k there.

If you add Ipswich and norwichs fanbases together, they don't even touch half of the combined pompey and saints fanbase.

It’s just dawned on me you’re not an ipswich fan.

Which begs the question why are you here talking about Saints Pompey? Should you not be prepping for the ‘carnage’. Like buying face masks and Stone Island gear I mean?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:48 - Sep 19 with 2166 viewsSpruceMoose

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:47 - Sep 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Which begs the question why are you here talking about Saints Pompey? Should you not be prepping for the ‘carnage’. Like buying face masks and Stone Island gear I mean?

Because apparently they may have 460,000 'fans' between them, but they can't cobble enough together for a decent forum.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:49 - Sep 19 with 2165 viewsFunge

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:47 - Sep 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Likewise.

I got no real issue with either Pompey or Saints - seen us win at both locations; got drenched at Fratton Park, and met Marcus Stewarts dad (probably) at the Dell, the night man Stewart got his hat-trick.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:50 - Sep 19 with 2161 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:48 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Because apparently they may have 460,000 'fans' between them, but they can't cobble enough together for a decent forum.

Bet Bournemouth do though..

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:51 - Sep 19 with 2154 viewsm14_blue

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:45 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

Agreed. It will be an epic encounter. Saints expected to win but the home crowd may make the difference.

Why are you on here bragging about how many fans you have? Weird way to spend your evening.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:52 - Sep 19 with 2142 viewswkj

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:50 - Sep 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Bet Bournemouth do though..

If you combine the fan base of all the teams startinging with B in the country you've got a massive support base, much Bigger than Man City. Basically, Barnet shts all over Man City for support

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:52 - Sep 19 with 2149 viewsAsh1987

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:51 - Sep 19 by m14_blue

Why are you on here bragging about how many fans you have? Weird way to spend your evening.

My friend on here is an ipswich fan.

You have a class side and shouldn't be in this league, you will win the title. Good luck.
Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:55 - Sep 19 with 2129 viewsm14_blue

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:52 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

You have a class side and shouldn't be in this league, you will win the title. Good luck.

Yeah sorry, that probably sounded unnecessarily arsey, but you can’t be surprised if people on here aren’t that impressed, particularly when you compare us unfavourably!

Lot of time for Pompey, proper club, hope they go up as runners up.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:56 - Sep 19 with 2120 viewswkj

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:55 - Sep 19 by m14_blue

Yeah sorry, that probably sounded unnecessarily arsey, but you can’t be surprised if people on here aren’t that impressed, particularly when you compare us unfavourably!

Lot of time for Pompey, proper club, hope they go up as runners up.

I don't, crap journey to drive that

Crybaby

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:59 - Sep 19 with 2108 viewsAsh1987

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:56 - Sep 19 by wkj

I don't, crap journey to drive that

Thanks. I never said Pompey are bigger than Ipswich. Ipswich have a good fanbase, great stadium and history too. I probably came across as an arse so I apologise.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:00 - Sep 19 with 2107 viewsFunge

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:52 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

I dont mind Pompey.

You lot make a LOT of noise; been down there 3-4 times, always been a pretty good day out.

Remember watching that team in the early 90s with Alan Knight/ Andy Awford/ Guy Whittingham etc...

Hope you're right about us. We've started bloody well.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:00 - Sep 19 with 2101 viewswkj

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:59 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

Thanks. I never said Pompey are bigger than Ipswich. Ipswich have a good fanbase, great stadium and history too. I probably came across as an arse so I apologise.

I just don't like driving to away games, that's all

Crybaby

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:04 - Sep 19 with 2093 viewsAsh1987

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:00 - Sep 19 by Funge

I dont mind Pompey.

You lot make a LOT of noise; been down there 3-4 times, always been a pretty good day out.

Remember watching that team in the early 90s with Alan Knight/ Andy Awford/ Guy Whittingham etc...

Hope you're right about us. We've started bloody well.

You will go up. Only Sunderland and posh will challenge you. You are the team to beat. Cov will fall away. We are rubbish, will finish mid table, thanks for Harrison :), he's, shall we say, not very good..

Yes they were decent players, Whittingham was a goal machine. Those were the days. How football has changed.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:10 - Sep 19 with 2075 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:04 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

You will go up. Only Sunderland and posh will challenge you. You are the team to beat. Cov will fall away. We are rubbish, will finish mid table, thanks for Harrison :), he's, shall we say, not very good..

Yes they were decent players, Whittingham was a goal machine. Those were the days. How football has changed.

Now that’s interesting about Harrison.

What’s the general feeling down there about him? Looked as though he started brightly in that cup game on Sky against the Birmingham kids

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:12 - Sep 19 with 2065 viewsJ2BLUE

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:04 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

I hope you are shining that EFL trophy up real nice for us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:23 - Sep 19 with 2044 viewsFunge

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:12 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

I hope you are shining that EFL trophy up real nice for us.

Mate, they can keep it.

Let's get out of this league; all the cup stuff is (for the first time in my opinion) properly irrelevant.....
Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:25 - Sep 19 with 2034 viewsJ2BLUE

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:23 - Sep 19 by Funge

Mate, they can keep it.

Let's get out of this league; all the cup stuff is (for the first time in my opinion) properly irrelevant.....

Agree, but if it's going as a bonus...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:26 - Sep 19 with 2035 viewswkj

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:23 - Sep 19 by Funge

Mate, they can keep it.

Win em all mate, put another star on the badge to wind Norwich up

Crybaby

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:38 - Sep 19 with 2024 viewsAsh1987

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:10 - Sep 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Now that’s interesting about Harrison.

What’s the general feeling down there about him? Looked as though he started brightly in that cup game on Sky against the Birmingham kids

You can have the cup this season, you deserve a great day out at Wembley after the last couple of years you have had struggling. It's a great day out. It certainly affected our league form so it's better to be out of it asap imo

Harrison is in and out but the general view is he isn't good enough for a team wanting promotion. He scored in the cup v the kids but I don't rate him really, he can be a bit of a nuisance granted but doesn't strike me as a striker who will get a good number of goals. Pitman is much better but for some reason jackett doesn't like him

You can have Harrison back, we will do a swap, him for garbutt or huws :)
Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:47 - Sep 19 with 2006 viewswkj

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:38 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

You can have the cup this season, you deserve a great day out at Wembley after the last couple of years you have had struggling. It's a great day out. It certainly affected our league form so it's better to be out of it asap imo

Harrison is in and out but the general view is he isn't good enough for a team wanting promotion. He scored in the cup v the kids but I don't rate him really, he can be a bit of a nuisance granted but doesn't strike me as a striker who will get a good number of goals. Pitman is much better but for some reason jackett doesn't like him

You can have Harrison back, we will do a swap, him for garbutt or huws :)

Tbf we want huws too, but we only tend to get him for half a season at best

Crybaby

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:58 - Sep 19 with 1979 viewsSuperblue95

Portsmouth v Southampton on 21:47 - Sep 19 by wkj

Tbf we want huws too, but we only tend to get him for half a season at best

*half a month

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Portsmouth v Southampton on 07:58 - Sep 20 with 1839 viewsReuser_is_God

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:54 - Sep 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Oh I see.

Basically because it’s freshers week next week so if he watched it in Southampton, he’d miss Tuesday nights session.

A session with like minded football fans or a session with d1ckhead students, I know which I’d prefer.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Portsmouth v Southampton on 08:11 - Sep 20 with 1827 viewsChurchman

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:29 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

Absolutely.

Sheffield derby never sells out. Pompey v saints is a far bigger derby with more hatred. If you combine both Sheffield clubs fanbases with Pompey and saints, Pompey and saints have the bigger combined fanbases.

Years ago I had a new chap starting who I knew was a Sheffield U supporter - I’d known him previously. The financial advisor already working there was Sheff Weds. I got them both into my room and introduced them to each other. All went well until I mischievously told each who the other supported. Big mistake. You could have cut the air with a knife and I thought during the silence they might have a go. They never did get on....

Oh yes, there is plenty of contempt and hatred there alright.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 08:17 - Sep 20 with 1813 viewsartsbossbeard

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:42 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

Last time Ipswich played Norwich it wasn't a sellout only 24k there.

If you add Ipswich and norwichs fanbases together, they don't even touch half of the combined pompey and saints fanbase.

They're both nothing clubs that are attached to 2 decent sized south coast cities and surrounding areas. Pompey still think that they're in Green Street and Southampton gets taken over by away fans every fortnight.

"ABB, come down the pub, Saints are on Sky!"

"No, you're alright ta. Just painted a wall and need to regularly check that it's drying".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024