Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby is so much better than football. 09:17 - Sep 22 with 14236 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Discuss.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:10 - Sep 22 with 1125 viewswkj

Rugby is so much better than football. on 17:55 - Sep 22 by Trequartista

I'm getting fed up of watching players trying to cheat, so i'd have to say .....

..... football is better.

Good to see you finally come round to VAR, good man

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:14 - Sep 22 with 1124 viewsDarth_Koont

Rugby is so much better than football. on 17:55 - Sep 22 by Trequartista

I'm getting fed up of watching players trying to cheat, so i'd have to say .....

..... football is better.

The 50 or so rugby players are idiots for doping (steroids for strength no doubt) but what would footballers dope for?

So it's an unfair comparison. Especially because on the pitch football is the cheatiest of sports. And off the pitch it's pretty cheaty too in a financial sense.

As someone who loves football and rugby, that's probably the worst thing about football and could improve the game dramatically.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:16 - Sep 22 with 1113 viewsDarth_Koont

Rugby is so much better than football. on 16:31 - Sep 22 by midastouch

A game where you can only pass it sideways or backwards and never forwards (without kicking). I think that's why Geraint Williams always passed it sideways as I think he thought he was still playing rugby at school!
And putting a ball down on the floor to score after crossing the end line, how can that compare to the excitement of a sweet overhead kick or a screaming volley into the top corner? It's a no contest!
The only thing rugby has on football is the greater respect with which the game is played.

You have no soul.

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:41 - Sep 22 with 1093 viewsTrequartista

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:14 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

The 50 or so rugby players are idiots for doping (steroids for strength no doubt) but what would footballers dope for?

So it's an unfair comparison. Especially because on the pitch football is the cheatiest of sports. And off the pitch it's pretty cheaty too in a financial sense.

As someone who loves football and rugby, that's probably the worst thing about football and could improve the game dramatically.

Yes it's an unfair comparison, it was tongue-in-cheek.

But is the cheating on the pitch in football a fair comparison? Players go down holding their legs to get enhance their chances of winning a free-kick. There is no reason to do this in rugby.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:46 - Sep 22 with 1088 viewsDarth_Koont

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:41 - Sep 22 by Trequartista

Yes it's an unfair comparison, it was tongue-in-cheek.

But is the cheating on the pitch in football a fair comparison? Players go down holding their legs to get enhance their chances of winning a free-kick. There is no reason to do this in rugby.

No, simulation is just very ugly. Unfortunately we accept it as part of the game because our own players do it too.

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:52 - Sep 22 with 1082 viewsTrequartista

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:46 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

No, simulation is just very ugly. Unfortunately we accept it as part of the game because our own players do it too.

But it happens because it is not stamped out. If we retrospectively ban players who simulate, they will stop simulating.

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:54 - Sep 22 with 1081 viewsTrequartista

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:10 - Sep 22 by wkj

Good to see you finally come round to VAR, good man

In what way?

Rugby is so much better than football. on 19:00 - Sep 22 with 1081 viewswkj

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:54 - Sep 22 by Trequartista

In what way?

That you're getting fed up of watching players trying to cheat, nice to see you appreciate the steps they're taking to stamp it out in the game.

Login to get fewer ads

Rugby is so much better than football. on 19:09 - Sep 22 with 1072 viewsTrequartista

Rugby is so much better than football. on 19:00 - Sep 22 by wkj

That you're getting fed up of watching players trying to cheat, nice to see you appreciate the steps they're taking to stamp it out in the game.

The twist was that i was referring to rugby doping. VAR doesn't have any effect on diving as it is only a yellow card offence.

Rugby is so much better than football. on 19:11 - Sep 22 with 1072 viewswkj

Rugby is so much better than football. on 19:09 - Sep 22 by Trequartista

The twist was that i was referring to rugby doping. VAR doesn't have any effect on diving as it is only a yellow card offence.

Not now... but one day, our dreams will be realised. Keep strong and believe.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 19:12]

Rugby is so much better than football. on 20:02 - Sep 22 with 1059 viewsDarth_Koont

Rugby is so much better than football. on 18:52 - Sep 22 by Trequartista

But it happens because it is not stamped out. If we retrospectively ban players who simulate, they will stop simulating.

Agree there. They should apply match bans and fines whenever it's evident that the player is trying to manipulate the referee.

Also only the captain should speak to the ref. And any abuse of the linesman should be an automatic yellow card.

Rugby is so much better than football. on 21:10 - Sep 22 with 1044 viewsitfcjoe

Rugby is so much better than football. on 20:02 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

Agree there. They should apply match bans and fines whenever it's evident that the player is trying to manipulate the referee.

Also only the captain should speak to the ref. And any abuse of the linesman should be an automatic yellow card.

The captain thing doesn’t work in football, you can’t drag a centre half, or even worse a GK, all around the pitch every time you need to speak to them.

I actually quite like rugby, but only really follow international rugby and the big European games as a lot of my friends are big rugby guys.

There are things both sports could learn from each other - footballs biggest issue for me is the reigning of injury, diving is always what is spoken about but that is a far smaller problem for me, sometimes contact needs to be anticipated etc. Bloodgate aside you wouldn’t get that in rugby, and it is such a bad look

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Rugby is so much better than football. on 22:44 - Sep 22 with 1026 viewsDarth_Koont

Rugby is so much better than football. on 21:10 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

The captain thing doesn’t work in football, you can’t drag a centre half, or even worse a GK, all around the pitch every time you need to speak to them.

I actually quite like rugby, but only really follow international rugby and the big European games as a lot of my friends are big rugby guys.

There are things both sports could learn from each other - footballs biggest issue for me is the reigning of injury, diving is always what is spoken about but that is a far smaller problem for me, sometimes contact needs to be anticipated etc. Bloodgate aside you wouldn’t get that in rugby, and it is such a bad look

No, just like in rugby the ref can speak to every player. But the players have to go through their captain if they want to have a discussion with the referee.

Would stop the ridiculous sight of them surrounding the ref and getting him to back away.

Rugby is so much better than football. on 23:19 - Sep 22 with 1008 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:26 - Sep 22 by sundaze

Wrong site for you to be on really if you prefer rugby, especially when there is a world cup match at the moment between Scotland and Ireland.
For what it's worth, rugby has no goalkeepers, yet how often do you see a side scoring a goal?

Maybe the OP still thinks Mick’s here

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rugby is so much better than football. on 23:24 - Sep 22 with 1003 viewsRyorry

Rugby is so much better than football. on 23:19 - Sep 22 by Swansea_Blue

Maybe the OP still thinks Mick’s here

Well it's definitely OK to hoof it in rugby anyway

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Rugby is so much better than football. on 08:33 - Sep 23 with 955 viewsitfcjoe

Rugby is so much better than football. on 22:44 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

No, just like in rugby the ref can speak to every player. But the players have to go through their captain if they want to have a discussion with the referee.

Would stop the ridiculous sight of them surrounding the ref and getting him to back away.

That sight shouldn't happen in the football rules, and very, very rarely does anyway

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:12 - Sep 23 with 942 viewschicoazul

Imagine holding this absolutely awful opinion.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:18 - Sep 23 with 931 viewsDarth_Koont

Rugby is so much better than football. on 08:33 - Sep 23 by itfcjoe

That sight shouldn't happen in the football rules, and very, very rarely does anyway

Agreed it's rare but it happens because individual players try to have words with the ref every few minutes. These things just need clamping down on so that it's not accepted as a handshake at the beginning and end of the match but in between it's about screaming at the officials or trying to negotiate every single decision for 90 minutes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024