Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tories going all out for No Deal then 08:57 - Oct 8 with 9918 viewsitfcjoe

Allegedly from Dominic Cummings, bloke is a jumped up pr!ck and I'd love to see this all blow up in his face.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/10/how-number-10-view-the-state-of-the-negoti

‘The negotiations will probably end this week. Varadkar doesn’t want to negotiate. Varadkar was keen on talking before the Benn Act when he thought that the choice would be ‘new deal or no deal’. Since the Benn Act passed he has gone very cold and in the last week the official channels and the backchannels have also gone cold. Varadkar has also gone back on his commitments – he said if we moved on manufactured goods then he would also move but instead he just attacked us publicly. It’s clear he wants to gamble on a second referendum and that he’s encouraging Barnier to stick to the line that the UK cannot leave the EU without leaving Northern Ireland behind.

There are quite a few people in Paris and Berlin who would like to discuss our offer but Merkel and Macron won’t push Barnier unless Ireland says it wants to negotiate. Those who think Merkel will help us are deluded. As things stand, Dublin will do nothing, hoping we offer more, then at the end of this week they may say ‘OK, let’s do a Northern Ireland only backstop with a time limit’, which is what various players have been hinting at, then we’ll say No, and that will probably be the end.

Varadkar thinks that either there will be a referendum or we win a majority but we will just put this offer back on the table so he thinks he can’t lose by refusing to compromise now. Given his assumptions, Varadkar’s behaviour is arguably rational but his assumptions are, I think, false. Ireland and Brussels listen to all the people who lost the referendum, they don’t listen to those who won the referendum and they don’t understand the electoral dynamics here.

If this deal dies in the next few days, then it won’t be revived. To marginalise the Brexit Party, we will have to fight the election on the basis of ‘no more delays, get Brexit done immediately’. They thought that if May went then Brexit would get softer. It seems few have learned from this mistake. They think we’re bluffing and there’s nothing we can do about that, not least given the way May and Hammond constantly talked tough then folded.

So, if talks go nowhere this week, the next phase will require us to set out our view on the Surrender Act. The Act imposes narrow duties. Our legal advice is clear that we can do all sorts of things to scupper delay which for obvious reasons we aren’t going into details about. Different lawyers see the “frustration principle” very differently especially on a case like this where there is no precedent for primary legislation directing how the PM conducts international discussions.

We will make clear privately and publicly that countries which oppose delay will go the front of the queue for future cooperation – cooperation on things both within and outside EU competences. Those who support delay will go to the bottom of the queue. [This source also made clear that defence and security cooperation will inevitably be affected if the EU tries to keep Britain in against the will of its government] Supporting delay will be seen by this government as hostile interference in domestic politics, and over half of the public will agree with us.

We will also make clear that this government will not negotiate further so any delay would be totally pointless. They think now that if there is another delay we will keep coming back with new proposals. This won’t happen. We’ll either leave with no deal on 31 October or there will be an election and then we will leave with no deal.

‘When they say ‘so what is the point of delay?’, we will say “This is not our delay, the government is not asking for a delay – Parliament is sending you a letter and Parliament is asking for a delay but official government policy remains that delay is an atrocious idea that everyone should dismiss. Any delay will in effect be negotiated between you, Parliament, and the courts – we will wash our hands of it, we won’t engage in further talks, we obviously won’t given any undertakings about cooperative behaviour, everything to do with ‘duty of sincere cooperation’ will be in the toilet, we will focus on winning the election on a manifesto of immediately revoking the entire EU legal order without further talks, and then we will leave. Those who supported delay will face the inevitable consequences of being seen to interfere in domestic politics in a deeply unpopular way by colluding with a Parliament that is as popular as the clap.

Those who pushed the Benn Act intended to sabotage a deal and they’ve probably succeeded. So the main effect of it will probably be to help us win an election by uniting the leave vote and then a no deal Brexit. History is full of such ironies and tragedies.’

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:41 - Oct 8 with 1304 viewsDarth_Koont

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:22 - Oct 8 by lowhouseblue

so 'robust and honest' in the sense that your group has shouted everyone else down to the point that they've stopped posting regularly and now your just get to agree with each other in increasingly hysterical tones. the echo chamber of your dreams.

"My group"? Oh please.

If you hang around with your centre-right and right-wing chums long enough, it's your lack of a point that removes you from discussions.

Pronouns: He/Him

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:42 - Oct 8 with 1304 viewslowhouseblue

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:37 - Oct 8 by wkj

Up until now, there have been 4 times in this post where the word fascist appears. 3 were by yourself and 1 was by myself countering you saying that I had not advocated that or said it.

So I really don't see where this fascist word is coming from other than yourself, so I am quite confused where you are drawing this from.

and the first use by swansea at 10.06? or does the one i've been responding to not count for some reason?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:45 - Oct 8 with 1291 viewswkj

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:38 - Oct 8 by lowhouseblue

just to be clear, comparing events in the uk today with 1930s germany and calling boris johnson a fascist is hysterical and silly. that pointing out its hysterical nature gets such push back from people like you demonstrates that you are lost in a weird bubble of group think. it seems to me the dominance of this nonsense is why fewer people are now posting.

anyway, having been clear, i'm off to lunch.

No one has called Boris fascist. The 1930s Germany comment to me came across as the parallels between someone behind the scenes is shaping how a political leader is presenting his politics based on a social climate hinged on uncertainty and fear of the unknown. Cummings and Johnson seem to have a similar relationship in a social climate hinged on uncertainty and fear of the unknown, which is was an integral part of the point made in the OP.

Had the post been "This is the Nazi party all over again" or "Boris is running a fascist regime" my point of view and resulting comments would be completely different I can assure you.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:47 - Oct 8 with 1279 viewslowhouseblue

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:45 - Oct 8 by wkj

No one has called Boris fascist. The 1930s Germany comment to me came across as the parallels between someone behind the scenes is shaping how a political leader is presenting his politics based on a social climate hinged on uncertainty and fear of the unknown. Cummings and Johnson seem to have a similar relationship in a social climate hinged on uncertainty and fear of the unknown, which is was an integral part of the point made in the OP.

Had the post been "This is the Nazi party all over again" or "Boris is running a fascist regime" my point of view and resulting comments would be completely different I can assure you.

page 1, 10.06, swansea_blue

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:48 - Oct 8 with 1269 viewswkj

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:42 - Oct 8 by lowhouseblue

and the first use by swansea at 10.06? or does the one i've been responding to not count for some reason?

Apologies, as the search didn't pick up on that. I do acknowledge that Swanners discusses a fascist approach, but don't see where he is calling Boris a fascist though. In fact I see a crucial part of that reply discussing his thoughts that we would not be invading other countries, and worse.

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:52 - Oct 8 with 1259 viewsSpruceMoose

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 11:58 - Oct 8 by lowhouseblue

and yet you think that calling boris a fascist is sane and profound. seriously, you're in a bubble of the purest group think all nodding along and seeing who can agree the loudest.

This is deliciously ironic.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:54 - Oct 8 with 1251 viewsSpruceMoose

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:22 - Oct 8 by lowhouseblue

so 'robust and honest' in the sense that your group has shouted everyone else down to the point that they've stopped posting regularly and now your just get to agree with each other in increasingly hysterical tones. the echo chamber of your dreams.

This one too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:56 - Oct 8 with 1241 viewsSpruceMoose

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:38 - Oct 8 by lowhouseblue

just to be clear, comparing events in the uk today with 1930s germany and calling boris johnson a fascist is hysterical and silly. that pointing out its hysterical nature gets such push back from people like you demonstrates that you are lost in a weird bubble of group think. it seems to me the dominance of this nonsense is why fewer people are now posting.

anyway, having been clear, i'm off to lunch.

And there's the hat trick. Staggering lack of self awareness, Geoff!

Login to get fewer ads

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:57 - Oct 8 with 1236 viewslowhouseblue

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:48 - Oct 8 by wkj

Apologies, as the search didn't pick up on that. I do acknowledge that Swanners discusses a fascist approach, but don't see where he is calling Boris a fascist though. In fact I see a crucial part of that reply discussing his thoughts that we would not be invading other countries, and worse.

oh come on. "But the will and the intent form this particular bunch of Tories is there. It's pure fascism (with a small 'f')." it's obvious who he's referring to, let's not pretend.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 12:58]

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:58 - Oct 8 with 1234 viewsitfcjoe

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:37 - Oct 8 by m14_blue

If you seriously think Swansea is part of some hysterical group then you really have lost it.

One of the most balanced and rational posters on here and always calmly and patiently explains his point, as he has done here before you, ironically, tried to shut him down with meaningless sound bites (echo chamber etc).

I used to find your contributions really interesting, and still think we’re pretty close politically, but recently you’ve become just another single-line, faux enigmatic, spiteful, angry poster. I’m not sure why.

Agree with that last para, since the selection of Corbyn as leader which he seemed to have good reasons to object to, as a grassroots Labour member who actually got out there, his contributions have just been facile and just not worth reading let alone engaging with

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:01 - Oct 8 with 1224 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:31 - Oct 8 by wkj

Remember when political disagreements lead to people being doxed and stalked offline? TWTD

What have I missed?

The only person I've ever seen doxed on here was Pickles when Sprucey decided to link his posts on another forum as a landlord. The only person I can recall being stalked offline, other than she who may not be mentioned, was when some sad bastard wrote to sitters employer about the amount of time he spent on here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:01 - Oct 8 with 1224 viewslowhouseblue

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:56 - Oct 8 by SpruceMoose

And there's the hat trick. Staggering lack of self awareness, Geoff!

and several posters, when they've stopped posting, have cited you in particular as the reason. a one poster mob mentality.

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:01 - Oct 8 with 1216 viewswkj

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 12:57 - Oct 8 by lowhouseblue

oh come on. "But the will and the intent form this particular bunch of Tories is there. It's pure fascism (with a small 'f')." it's obvious who he's referring to, let's not pretend.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 12:58]

Commenting on the pattern of behavior, yes, but not calling anyone a devout fascist.

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:03 - Oct 8 with 1202 viewsSpruceMoose

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:01 - Oct 8 by lowhouseblue

and several posters, when they've stopped posting, have cited you in particular as the reason. a one poster mob mentality.

Can we have less of the hysterics please?

The interesting thing is, I've not posted much for days, yet when I log on there's still petty arguments involving you and your lot going on. The real problem on here is too many stinking hypocrites.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 13:08]

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:05 - Oct 8 with 1192 viewsSpruceMoose

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:01 - Oct 8 by GlasgowBlue

What have I missed?

The only person I've ever seen doxed on here was Pickles when Sprucey decided to link his posts on another forum as a landlord. The only person I can recall being stalked offline, other than she who may not be mentioned, was when some sad bastard wrote to sitters employer about the amount of time he spent on here.

I'm sure there was a mysteriously vague threat to report certain posters to unspecified 'outside bodies' from someone at some point too.

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:08 - Oct 8 with 1179 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:05 - Oct 8 by SpruceMoose

I'm sure there was a mysteriously vague threat to report certain posters to unspecified 'outside bodies' from someone at some point too.

So nobody was doxed or stalked offline other than the examples I have given? Glad we cleared that one up.

Iron Lion Zion

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:09 - Oct 8 with 1167 viewsSpruceMoose

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:08 - Oct 8 by GlasgowBlue

So nobody was doxed or stalked offline other than the examples I have given? Glad we cleared that one up.

The example you gave wasn't doxing either Pops. But don't let your ignorance get in the way of your impotent rage you love to aim towards me!

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:10 - Oct 8 with 1167 viewsfooters

What have I missed?

*still not realising that pickles was a blatant troll*

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:10 - Oct 8 with 1163 viewswkj

What have I missed?

There was that, Badger, the facebook group we aren't allowed to mention, the factors incident, quite a number of other things.

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:11 - Oct 8 with 1153 viewsSpruceMoose

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:10 - Oct 8 by footers

*still not realising that pickles was a blatant troll*

Gibbers loves to latch on to the folk who he perceives as enemies of his enemies. He was all in with club Benters at one point despite the awful racist stuff he'd come out with. Funny eh?

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:12 - Oct 8 with 1146 viewslowhouseblue

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:01 - Oct 8 by wkj

Commenting on the pattern of behavior, yes, but not calling anyone a devout fascist.

so their 'will and intent' is pure fascism but he's not 'calling anyone' a fascist? perhaps it's something they only have the will and intent for at the weekends, or, while they have the will and intent for fascism, they don't yet have the uniform?

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:12 - Oct 8 with 1146 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:09 - Oct 8 by SpruceMoose

The example you gave wasn't doxing either Pops. But don't let your ignorance get in the way of your impotent rage you love to aim towards me!

I was actually replying to WKJ . You jumped in with your two bob's worth. Had you not done so we wouldn't have conversed. I'm sure WKJ is more than capable of replying to me without have your hand up his harris.

Iron Lion Zion

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:13 - Oct 8 with 1141 viewswkj

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:12 - Oct 8 by GlasgowBlue

I was actually replying to WKJ . You jumped in with your two bob's worth. Had you not done so we wouldn't have conversed. I'm sure WKJ is more than capable of replying to me without have your hand up his harris.

The time you doxxed me as being Spruce

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:13 - Oct 8 with 1140 viewsfooters

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:11 - Oct 8 by SpruceMoose

Gibbers loves to latch on to the folk who he perceives as enemies of his enemies. He was all in with club Benters at one point despite the awful racist stuff he'd come out with. Funny eh?

Ahh, the old "You might be a bit of a cnt but you're not a w@nker" speech. Profound, tear-jerking stuff!

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:14 - Oct 8 with 1131 viewsSpruceMoose

Tories going all out for No Deal then on 13:12 - Oct 8 by GlasgowBlue

Calm down Captain Mainwaring you'll blow a gasket.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024