Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines 12:30 - Oct 9 with 12801 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49984487

Not really sure what this is designed to achieve, apart from raising his profile.

I dont think dancing with a man achieves anything from an LGBT perspective. Its not as if the 'dancers' are being asked to be in a relationship.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Adding "willfully" is being generous (n/t) on 14:34 - Oct 9 with 3751 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Adding "willfully" is being generous (n/t) on 14:23 - Oct 9 by Dyland

Having a differing opinion does not make one ignorant. On the contrary, it can be healthy.

Old Lankhenners is a bit of an old fashioned dictator, and believes in censorship. That's just not healthy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:37 - Oct 9 with 3748 viewsNewcyBlue

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:31 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's the point though, it doesn't. His role doesn't mean he is right in everything he says.

I just disagree with his viewpoint, which I'm surre he would respect.

Just because you have an opinion doesn’t mean people can’t challenge you on it.

I would say somebody in the LGBTQI+ community will be far better informed than you, and should I so desire to read about said community I would look to them as a source.

If I wanted to read about Ipswich Town I would come here.

If somebody watches the programme and feels more comfortable with their sexuality, that’s only a good thing.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:42 - Oct 9 with 3730 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:37 - Oct 9 by NewcyBlue

I would say somebody in the LGBTQI+ community will be far better informed than you, and should I so desire to read about said community I would look to them as a source.

If somebody watches the programme and feels more comfortable with their sexuality, that’s only a good thing.

I welcome debate, unlike some others. That's why I'm chairing this one.

You actually articulate the point better than the LGBT guy.

What does the QI+ stand for?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:42 - Oct 9 with 3730 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:31 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's the point though, it doesn't. His role doesn't mean he is right in everything he says.

I just disagree with his viewpoint, which I'm surre he would respect.

It's literally his job to be informed on the LGBT community. Whereas you're a straight bloke on an Ipswich Town chat forum.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:44 - Oct 9 with 3725 viewsBlueBadger

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:42 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

You'd look more like you welcomed debate if you actually debated the points being offered up to you, rather than parroted 'but it's my opinion' constantly.

This minor change, like the hay marriage laws, hurts literally no-one.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:45 - Oct 9 with 3719 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:42 - Oct 9 by BrixtonBlue

It's literally his job to be informed on the LGBT community. Whereas you're a straight bloke on an Ipswich Town chat forum.

It was Paul Hursts job to manage Ipswich. Does that mean everything he said and did was correct?

The evidence suggests not.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:45 - Oct 9 with 3717 viewsNewcyBlue

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:42 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Q..ueer /Questioning

Intersex

I think if even 1 person watched it and felt more accepted then it will be a good thing.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:47 - Oct 9 with 3711 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:44 - Oct 9 by BlueBadger

You'd look more like you welcomed debate if you actually debated the points being offered up to you, rather than parroted 'but it's my opinion' constantly.

This minor change, like the hay marriage laws, hurts literally no-one.

Did you read my response to Newcy, in which I said he articulated his point well.

It's OK to have differing views. It's ok to be different.

Login to get fewer ads

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:50 - Oct 9 with 3701 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:45 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was Paul Hursts job to manage Ipswich. Does that mean everything he said and did was correct?

The evidence suggests not.

Not quite the same. We're talking about what a community you're a part of (or not, in your case) thinks about a subject. You don't even know what LGBTQI stands for.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:50 - Oct 9 with 3700 viewsBlueBadger

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:47 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Did you read my response to Newcy, in which I said he articulated his point well.

..and ten went on to not actually bother debating any of them.

'Chico tribute act' is no way to go through life, son.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:54 - Oct 9 with 3688 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:45 - Oct 9 by NewcyBlue

Q..ueer /Questioning

Intersex

I think if even 1 person watched it and felt more accepted then it will be a good thing.

Thanks, I've learned something there.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:57 - Oct 9 with 3684 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:50 - Oct 9 by BrixtonBlue

Not quite the same. We're talking about what a community you're a part of (or not, in your case) thinks about a subject. You don't even know what LGBTQI stands for.

Well actually it was one persons view being quoted and you referred to the view of one person. So you've strayed a little there.

I didn't know what QI+ stands for, (don't forget the +). I do now.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines (n/t) on 15:15 - Oct 9 with 3663 viewsBryanPlug

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines (n/t) on 14:14 - Oct 9 by SpruceMoose

Not quite right. Heterosexual couples are 'typical'. Same sex partnerships are just as normal as male/female partnerships.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2019 14:18]

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 15:21 - Oct 9 with 3655 viewsBryanPlug

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:47 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:07 - Oct 9 with 3631 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:57 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Well actually it was one persons view being quoted and you referred to the view of one person. So you've strayed a little there.

I didn't know what QI+ stands for, (don't forget the +). I do now.

I haven't strayed at all - he is putting forward the view of the LGBTQI+ community as their spokesman. You're putting forward a view from a position of ignorance, as highlighted by the fact you didn't even know what the initials stood for.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:21 - Oct 9 with 3619 viewsSpruceMoose

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 15:21 - Oct 9 by BryanPlug

You big snowflake.

I just corrected you. No need to wet yourself.

Get out of here with this Rebekah Vardy style excuse silliness.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 5:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:24 - Oct 9 with 3613 viewsBryanPlug

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:21 - Oct 9 by SpruceMoose

You big snowflake.

I just corrected you. No need to wet yourself.

Get out of here with this Rebekah Vardy style excuse silliness.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 5:34]

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines (n/t) on 16:29 - Oct 9 with 3604 viewsJ2BLUE

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines (n/t) on 15:15 - Oct 9 by BryanPlug

Straight relationships are most common. Can't say anything more than that really. Especially as society is still not fully accepting and probably never will be so we're not starting from a level baseline.

As for the same sex pairing who really cares? It's a little strange that anyone cares when the premise of the show is to show your talent dancing on ice. If two women were dancing together I don't think anyone would care.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:34 - Oct 9 with 3595 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:07 - Oct 9 by BrixtonBlue

I haven't strayed at all - he is putting forward the view of the LGBTQI+ community as their spokesman. You're putting forward a view from a position of ignorance, as highlighted by the fact you didn't even know what the initials stood for.

You're all over the place.

It was Ben Hunt who was quoted, and he is listed as the LGBT correspondent. Not LGBTQI+.

He's also not a spokesman for the 'community'.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:40 - Oct 9 with 3587 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:34 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

You're all over the place.

It was Ben Hunt who was quoted, and he is listed as the LGBT correspondent. Not LGBTQI+.

He's also not a spokesman for the 'community'.

LOL, you're so desperate now you're getting into semantics.

This thread hasn't gone well for you has it?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:41 - Oct 9 with 3584 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 15:21 - Oct 9 by BryanPlug

Does seem to be the case.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:43 - Oct 9 with 3578 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:40 - Oct 9 by BrixtonBlue

LOL, you're so desperate now you're getting into semantics.

This thread hasn't gone well for you has it?

I was just responding to your questions and correcting your mistakes.

The thread has gone fine for me, I don't mind differing opinions. To be fair, the thread has gone pretty much as I would have predicted. Very uniform and predictable views in the main, and anyone who is seen to be controversial is shouted down.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:44 - Oct 9 with 3577 viewsjeera

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:37 - Oct 9 by NewcyBlue

Always had you down as more of a 'Strictly' fan.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:52 - Oct 9 with 3568 viewsBryanPlug

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:43 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

I was just responding to your questions and correcting your mistakes.

The thread has gone fine for me, I don't mind differing opinions. To be fair, the thread has gone pretty much as I would have predicted. Very uniform and predictable views in the main, and anyone who is seen to be controversial is shouted down.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 17:33 - Oct 9 with 3541 viewsSpruceMoose

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:52 - Oct 9 by BryanPlug

This thread is like so many others on here.

1) OP starts us off with a bit of a harmless but silly opinion.

2) A few pages follow where more knowledgeable posters try to educate OP.

3) OP doubles down refusing to listen to anyone else, often while repeatedly claiming to be interested in honest debate.

4) Some thin-skinned type enters the action, quite often just to have good blub about board mafia/bullies/lefties ruining their just telling it like it is stylings.

5) Anyone with any actual insight or interest in the topic abandons thread as they realise it's nothing more than a massive waste of time.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024