Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines 12:30 - Oct 9 with 12802 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49984487

Not really sure what this is designed to achieve, apart from raising his profile.

I dont think dancing with a man achieves anything from an LGBT perspective. Its not as if the 'dancers' are being asked to be in a relationship.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 17:49 - Oct 9 with 2982 viewsMullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 17:33 - Oct 9 by SpruceMoose

This thread is like so many others on here.

1) OP starts us off with a bit of a harmless but silly opinion.

2) A few pages follow where more knowledgeable posters try to educate OP.

3) OP doubles down refusing to listen to anyone else, often while repeatedly claiming to be interested in honest debate.

4) Some thin-skinned type enters the action, quite often just to have good blub about board mafia/bullies/lefties ruining their just telling it like it is stylings.

5) Anyone with any actual insight or interest in the topic abandons thread as they realise it's nothing more than a massive waste of time.

Yeah, but no one has mentioned the real threat to public decency and health here. What if this launches a Steps reunion?

One of the girls was white and had dreadlocks didn't she? That'll set it off on here!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 18:06 - Oct 9 with 2963 viewsBlueBadger

3) OP doubles down refusing to listen to anyone else, often while repeatedly claiming to be interested in honest debate.

4) Some thin-skinned type enters the action, quite often just to have good blub about board mafia/bullies/lefties ruining their just telling it like it is stylings.

5) Anyone with any actual insight or interest in the topic abandons thread as they realise it's nothing more than a massive waste of time.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how we ended up with Brexit, Trump and Roy Keane.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 18:09 - Oct 9 with 2958 viewsBlueBadger

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 15:21 - Oct 9 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

You're welcome to have any opinion you like, just don't cry when people actually offer you facts to tell you why you're talking sh1t.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 18:13 - Oct 9 with 2954 viewsBlueBadger

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:21 - Oct 9 by SpruceMoose

You big snowflake.

I just corrected you. No need to wet yourself.

Get out of here with this Rebekah Vardy style excuse silliness.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 5:34]

It's ALWAYS these rough-and-tough-brexit-meand-brexit-people-are-too-soft-today types that cry hardest when they have to actually stand up for themselves isn't it?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 18:15 - Oct 9 with 2950 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Soooo narrow minded.

In reference to Point 5.... you are still here ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 18:17 - Oct 9 with 2950 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 17:49 - Oct 9 by Mullet

Yeah, but no one has mentioned the real threat to public decency and health here. What if this launches a Steps reunion?

One of the girls was white and had dreadlocks didn't she? That'll set it off on here!

Racial appropriation is no laughing matter.

;-)

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 18:17 - Oct 9 with 2950 viewsBlueBadger

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 16:24 - Oct 9 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

No, YOUR mum is fat.

Adding "willfully" is being generous (n/t) on 18:18 - Oct 9 with 2950 viewsBlueBadger

Adding "willfully" is being generous (n/t) on 14:34 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Having a differing opinion does not make one ignorant. On the contrary, it can be healthy.

Old Lankhenners is a bit of an old fashioned dictator, and believes in censorship. That's just not healthy.

To be fair, it was the doubling down on the stupid opinion when faced with facts that did that.

Login to get fewer ads

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 18:25 - Oct 9 with 2944 viewsTrequartista

"more knowledgeable posters try to educate OP."

What you mean here is that you agree with these posters.

"thin-skinned type enters the action, quite often just to have good blub"

What you mean here is that you disagree with these posters.

I do try to keep pointing this out but to no avail so far (although note i don't claim to be educating you), by all means make your case but don't shutdown an opponent for having an opinion, look what is happening throughout the world when this happens on a greater scale.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:50 - Oct 9 with 2930 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 18:25 - Oct 9 by Trequartista

I do try to keep pointing this out but to no avail so far (although note i don't claim to be educating you), by all means make your case but don't shutdown an opponent for having an opinion, look what is happening throughout the world when this happens on a greater scale.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 18:51 - Oct 9 with 2932 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Very well put sir.

The 'shut down' and the 'gang up' are tactics often used in tandem on this board.

Often by people who claim to be liberal, but aren't tolerant of other peoples views.

Hopefully these posters will become more open minded and tolerant of others.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 19:08 - Oct 9 with 2908 viewsghostofescobar

About time.

GhostOfEscobar

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 19:18 - Oct 9 with 2900 viewsSpruceMoose

No Trekkie.

I mean more knowledgeable posters. I'm sorry if it upsets you, but it's a truth that some folk know more about some things than others. If we were talking about Top Gear, or Nandos, then I'd trust what some other folk on here say, as those are some things I know nothing about. This stuff, I do know about however, so it is really tiresome to read utter crap spouted as if it's fact.

There's a few on here who need to accept that.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Thanks.

Sprucey x

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 19:20 - Oct 9 with 2893 viewsSpruceMoose

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 18:51 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Very well put sir.

The 'shut down' and the 'gang up' are tactics often used in tandem on this board.

Often by people who claim to be liberal, but aren't tolerant of other peoples views.

Hopefully my eyes can recover from all the rolling they do after reading your guff.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 19:25 - Oct 9 with 2883 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 19:20 - Oct 9 by SpruceMoose

Hopefully my eyes can recover from all the rolling they do after reading your guff.

Wishing you a full recovery my good friend.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 19:30 - Oct 9 with 2878 viewsClapham_Junction

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 18:51 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Very well put sir.

Your standard reminder that intolerance of intolerance is not illiberal.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 21:27 - Oct 9 with 2832 viewsBlueBoots

Had no idea he was still alive - I've been putting flowers on his grave for the past 20 years...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 21:30 - Oct 9 with 2827 viewsjeera

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 21:27 - Oct 9 by BlueBoots

Had no idea he was still alive - I've been putting flowers on his grave for the past 20 years...

That one's not been dug out for a while - no pun intended and all that.

V.good.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 21:39 - Oct 9 with 2824 viewsTrequartista

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 19:18 - Oct 9 by SpruceMoose

No Trekkie.

I mean more knowledgeable posters. I'm sorry if it upsets you, but it's a truth that some folk know more about some things than others. If we were talking about Top Gear, or Nandos, then I'd trust what some other folk on here say, as those are some things I know nothing about. This stuff, I do know about however, so it is really tiresome to read utter crap spouted as if it's fact.

There's a few on here who need to accept that.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Thanks.

Sprucey x

Firstly i cannot see where I have given any impression that I am upset, i'm not using CAPS or lashing out at anybody so that is a bit of a mystery comment.

When talking about knowledge, it is about facts. But these are opinions, not facts. Let's examine ...

"Does dancing with a man achieve anything from an LGBT perspective?" invites opinions, not facts.

"Is this a gimmick?" invites opinions, not facts

You appear to see your opinion as fact so therein lies the problem. To be fair you also see the opposing opinion as fact "utter crap spouted as if it's fact" when it is merely someone's opinion also.

Just be happy in your opinion and happy you have your points to back it up. You don't have to "educate" others.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 21:57 - Oct 9 with 2813 viewsSpruceMoose

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 21:39 - Oct 9 by Trequartista

Firstly i cannot see where I have given any impression that I am upset, i'm not using CAPS or lashing out at anybody so that is a bit of a mystery comment.

When talking about knowledge, it is about facts. But these are opinions, not facts. Let's examine ...

"Does dancing with a man achieve anything from an LGBT perspective?" invites opinions, not facts.

You appear to see your opinion as fact so therein lies the problem. To be fair you also see the opposing opinion as fact "utter crap spouted as if it's fact" when it is merely someone's opinion also.

Just be happy in your opinion and happy you have your points to back it up. You don't have to "educate" others.

I have no idea why you have to create this idea that you are knowledgeable about everything. First you were ignorant about issues around race, and now this. You should respect your limitations.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 22:02 - Oct 9 with 2809 viewsfooters

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 21:39 - Oct 9 by Trequartista

"Does dancing with a man achieve anything from an LGBT perspective?"

Yes. It breaks down the traditional male-female relationship barrier, irrespective of whether both partners are gay or straight.

"Is this a gimmick?"

Potentially. However it does highlight the ever-changing make-up of what we conceive traditional sexual identities and partnerships to consist of, so is of some importance regardless.

But tbf if you're gay enough to watch a programme about ballroom dancing anyway, you deserve all you get...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 22:07 - Oct 9 with 2793 viewsNewcyBlue

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:54 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thanks, I've learned something there.

No worries.

Also remember that dancing is quite an intimate act. It’s also an art form. I am not one for watching ballet, ballroom, or any of these dancing TV shows. But if 2 guys dance together and can tell the particular story that is being told through that medium, then why not. It isn’t something I would watch, but whatever floats your boat and all that. I can’t dance.

Are you going to watch it? If so, come back and tell us what you thought.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 22:15 - Oct 9 with 2776 viewsTrequartista

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 21:57 - Oct 9 by SpruceMoose

I have no idea why you have to create this idea that you are knowledgeable about everything. First you were ignorant about issues around race, and now this. You should respect your limitations.

I haven't given a single opinion or fact on the thread topic itself so how on earth can I be creating an idea I am knowledgable about it? You just seem to be flailing here with comments that appear to have no relevance to the point.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 22:37 - Oct 9 with 2761 viewsvapour_trail

To the op, Marshalls_Mullet

You have an opinion. Well done. You appear to think this gives you insight on equal footing to lived experience. I don’t agree. You are correct that lived experience does not make one correct at all turns, but your dismissive attitude from the off in the thread tells a story on its own.

It just comes across as a little ignorant. We are all ignorant from time to time.

Your comments on the Irish the other day did not come across as ignorant. Again, just your opinion apparently. They came across as wilfully offensive. The sort that would get you into a lot of trouble if you had the courage to voice them to far from your own keyboard.

You in the past always seemed to carry some integrity in here. You appear to have lost it. Just my opinion.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 22:50 - Oct 9 with 2740 viewsjeera

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 22:37 - Oct 9 by vapour_trail

To the op, Marshalls_Mullet

You have an opinion. Well done. You appear to think this gives you insight on equal footing to lived experience. I don’t agree. You are correct that lived experience does not make one correct at all turns, but your dismissive attitude from the off in the thread tells a story on its own.

It just comes across as a little ignorant. We are all ignorant from time to time.

Your comments on the Irish the other day did not come across as ignorant. Again, just your opinion apparently. They came across as wilfully offensive. The sort that would get you into a lot of trouble if you had the courage to voice them to far from your own keyboard.

You in the past always seemed to carry some integrity in here. You appear to have lost it. Just my opinion.

"You in the past always seemed to carry some integrity in here."

No, he's always been a tw@t. It's just people have finally started to notice.

Only my opinion.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024