Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lambert dilemma 16:14 - Oct 20 with 4131 viewsBluefish

There will be lots that queue up now to say keep and some others have been waiting to be able to criticise Lambert but.....me and others have just been pointing out that we have been going way OTT about him. We haven't, despite being unbeaten before today, really been convincing this season in putting the mistakes right. We have ridden our luck a lot of times and still demonstrated some of the same failings. A prime example of the willingness to start a game with Judge and Jackson up top. We need to have a system that works and not just chuck players in to try and fit. Edwards is not a footballer and he is certainly not a full/wing back. Dozzell can not replace Downes and a back 3 doesn't just work by putting 3 CBs together.

We all need PL to be a success here but we shouldn't make him a legend until he has really improved us and we still have a long way to go.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Wait for what? (n/t) on 18:47 - Oct 20 with 1053 viewstextbackup

Wait for what? (n/t) on 18:40 - Oct 20 by Fixed_It

A defeat. But you knew what I meant because you're not stupid. Are you?

debatable

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The Lambert dilemma on 18:51 - Oct 20 with 1047 viewsSwansea_Blue

Easy. We’d be nuts to get rid. He’ll get us back up.

Is he a tactical genius who gets the most out of the team? Obviously not. And I agree performances have often been less than convincing, but getting out of this league is the only aim. He’s well on track to do that.

As for Judge, people have been wanting him as a number 10 all season.

Just write this one off and go again in the week.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Firstly, I didn't.... on 18:53 - Oct 20 with 1040 viewsjeera

Firstly, I didn't.... on 17:29 - Oct 20 by textbackup

admit it, you've been gagging for us to lose, so you could chuck toys out of pram, haven't you. sad old man

Ageist

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Lambert dilemma on 19:00 - Oct 20 with 1027 viewsDennyx4

You make some valid points.

For me we are where we are because we have better players than most - This could be because Lambert has managed Evans better than some previous managers? Not necessarily the tactics we have employed.

Three centre half's generally works , in keeping it tight defensively- thought Nsiala and Woolfenden both poor today. But we missed Downes massively, more than any other player, his closing down makes it easier for the rest of the team to play.

Jackson and Judge as a front two does not work - the game was crying out for a target man. Why Keane did not feature, I do not know?
Leave this to.... on 19:24 - Oct 20 with 1012 viewsBloots

Wait for what? (n/t) on 18:47 - Oct 20 by textbackup

debatable

….the adults, sunshine.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

My stance has been the same..... on 19:30 - Oct 20 with 1007 viewsBloots

Wait for what? (n/t) on 18:40 - Oct 20 by Fixed_It

A defeat. But you knew what I meant because you're not stupid. Are you?

….for a long while.

Lambert isn't what he's cracked up to be. We've been a success so far predominantly by simply having superior players to the total dross on show in this god awful division.

Today he got found out because he was even worse tactically than he has been and with a few players missing the cracks couldn't be papered over.

He's curried favour with the fans, by praising them constantly, everyone that is over 15 years old should be able to see that.

I assume you can, because you aren't stupid.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The Lambert dilemma on 19:31 - Oct 20 with 999 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Lambert dilemma on 19:00 - Oct 20 by Dennyx4

You make some valid points.

For me we are where we are because we have better players than most - This could be because Lambert has managed Evans better than some previous managers? Not necessarily the tactics we have employed.

Three centre half's generally works , in keeping it tight defensively- thought Nsiala and Woolfenden both poor today. But we missed Downes massively, more than any other player, his closing down makes it easier for the rest of the team to play.

Jackson and Judge as a front two does not work - the game was crying out for a target man. Why Keane did not feature, I do not know?

I reckon it’s more to do with dropping down a league than him managing Evans better. Some of Hurst’s are now competitive again (Nolan especially).

Agree with the rest though. We’ll huff and puff our way out of the division through sheer size and relative quality in our squad, critically the goal threat. It’s not through everyone being on the same wavelength and us punching above our weight as a team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Lambert dilemma on 19:39 - Oct 20 with 985 viewsDennyx4

The Lambert dilemma on 19:31 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

I reckon it’s more to do with dropping down a league than him managing Evans better. Some of Hurst’s are now competitive again (Nolan especially).

Agree with the rest though. We’ll huff and puff our way out of the division through sheer size and relative quality in our squad, critically the goal threat. It’s not through everyone being on the same wavelength and us punching above our weight as a team.

What I was referring to with PL managing Evans, was the press conference before the season started - openly stating needed three players and the ball was now in Evans court.

We then bought KVY, signed Keane and acquired Wilson and Georgiou. Not sure Evans had been put in that position before, by any of our managers.
Login to get fewer ads

The Lambert dilemma on 22:04 - Oct 20 with 954 viewsJDB23

The Lambert dilemma on 17:11 - Oct 20 by Mullet

There's truth to that, but it's not that simple is it? Or else we'd have just turned up today and took the piss.

While I don't rate Lambert's tactical ability that highly, he is up against teams and managers that will pack defences, and crunch us at every opportunity. He has still overcome that, and when needed fought back like against Wimbledon.

Really we need to look at the fact that he's shipped out certain players like Emmanuel, Donacien and Kenlock and decided on making full backs an attacking outlet in a league like this. That's worked more often than not.

I would argue that we actually haven't faced many teams who have parked the bus. In fact I'd say quite a few teams, some who were league 2/non-league recently, actually looked better on the ball than we did, they just lacked any sort of threat in the final third.

Maybe Lambert knows that these teams lack the quality to punish us more often than not and so is happy for us to let them play it about, but I would honestly expect us to control games more than we have so far this year. Don't want to be too negative after the brilliant start we have had results wise, but there are things to be legitimately concerned about imo.
The Lambert dilemma on 22:59 - Oct 20 with 924 viewshaynes_toe1

The Lambert dilemma on 22:04 - Oct 20 by JDB23

I would argue that we actually haven't faced many teams who have parked the bus. In fact I'd say quite a few teams, some who were league 2/non-league recently, actually looked better on the ball than we did, they just lacked any sort of threat in the final third.

Maybe Lambert knows that these teams lack the quality to punish us more often than not and so is happy for us to let them play it about, but I would honestly expect us to control games more than we have so far this year. Don't want to be too negative after the brilliant start we have had results wise, but there are things to be legitimately concerned about imo.

I maintain we are where we are because of the squad and not the manager.

But equally his stuff with fans is good, and assuming we get promoted there will be a feel good factor around the club regardless. Which makes a managers job much, much easier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024