Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Afternoon all 14:30 - Nov 7 with 938 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sorry for lack of posts this season. Well actually I'm sure you're delighted lol.

But this new season since promotion has been manic.

League 1 then all. What we all thinking. I've brushed through some previous match reports and comments and see a general observation is that we are winning yet not really showing any real quality... Do you think this is alarming? Is it lack of quality in the squad or is it just the fact each game is a cup final for the teams we play against and we aren't getting the space to hurt teams more.. ( I say more. Clearly wins hurt teams) but you know what I mean. Be interesting to have an insight

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Afternoon all on 14:36 - Nov 7 with 908 viewsBigManBlue

Bit of both. We don't have a consistent formation or set patterns of play, which I'd hoped we'd start to be seeing by now. But it's a very attritional league and we've done well to grind out some wins in pretty tight, physical encounters.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Afternoon all on 14:43 - Nov 7 with 881 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This idea on here that we’re not showing any quality is just nonsense.

We’ve won 7 of our 9 away games and have the best defensive record in the league (and possibly England). Add to that we have two goalscorers linking well together and a few young lads coming through that already look too good for this league such as Flynn Downes and the myth that we haven’t shown much quality is eradicated.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Afternoon all on 14:56 - Nov 7 with 831 viewsblueislander

Afternoon all on 14:43 - Nov 7 by The_Romford_Blue

We’ve won 7 of our 9 away games and have the best defensive record in the league (and possibly England). Add to that we have two goalscorers linking well together and a few young lads coming through that already look too good for this league such as Flynn Downes and the myth that we haven’t shown much quality is eradicated.

Bit of blue tinted specs there Rommy. We have not shown any real consistent quality in most matches. On the face of it we should be winning more of those matches by more than a single goal. Having said that I won't be unhappy if we win every remaining match 1-0.
Not much of that is true mate. (n/t) on 14:57 - Nov 7 with 829 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Afternoon all on 15:00 - Nov 7 with 829 viewsSpruceMoose

I know you want all that to be true, but it just isn't. We're fortunate that the teams we've been playing have been utter dross. We're better than them by a considerable margin, but that doesn't make us, or the football we've been playing, quality.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 15:00]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Afternoon all on 15:09 - Nov 7 with 790 viewsSitfcB

Yes all that....but without proper quality!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Afternoon all on 15:12 - Nov 7 with 784 viewswkj

Frimmers, you left us in our time of need much like Zed did. Get a grip mate, never leave us again.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Afternoon all on 15:13 - Nov 7 with 776 viewsPJH

Afternoon all on 14:56 - Nov 7 by blueislander

Bit of blue tinted specs there Rommy. We have not shown any real consistent quality in most matches. On the face of it we should be winning more of those matches by more than a single goal. Having said that I won't be unhappy if we win every remaining match 1-0.

Just as I see it.

Having seen every minute of every League game I would say that we are looking what we are, the strongest squad in the division.

We are doing enough to win games but there is always the chance whilst we are only one goal ahead for two points to be thrown away.

We usually look better than the opposition but then, we should.

We have not had a single game where we have played well throughout but we seem to be able to do enough in 45 minutes to get the job done.

If we ever play as well as we could/should for a whole game then we will tear somebody apart.
Login to get fewer ads

Afternoon all on 16:05 - Nov 7 with 702 viewsBlueBadger

you know those..... by BlueBadger 6 Nov 2019 10:20
We look a bit like Celtic or Rangers playing in the Scottish league at the moment. I just hope that we don't get the sort of reality check next season that those two get every time they play in Europe.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024