Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What will Labour ban/control first with our free 07:13 - Nov 15 with 18038 viewsBluefish

Broadband? Presumably Israel related content?

A world where our government takes away most of our money and controls our internet, our power and our transport. It will be like being a child again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:28 - Nov 16 with 1434 viewstrueblue1970

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:14 - Nov 16 by BrixtonBlue

Oh I totally get the "I'm alright, Jack" mentality of many in this country. I don't think that's anything to be proud of, but I understand it.

Maybe I'm a bit naive to want a better world for everyone rather than just protecting what I myself have.

sorry to ask but as you seem to be the boards go to person on questions about current Labour what are your opinions on Diane Abbott as possible Home Secretary scares the hell out of me
What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:35 - Nov 16 with 1425 viewshampstead_blue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:14 - Nov 16 by BrixtonBlue

Oh I totally get the "I'm alright, Jack" mentality of many in this country. I don't think that's anything to be proud of, but I understand it.

Maybe I'm a bit naive to want a better world for everyone rather than just protecting what I myself have.

That's a bit strong.

The chap/lady is only saying that they have a good life and so do many others.

Are you so keen on collective suffering? If one part of the country suffers then we all must?
Is happiness and success a bad thing?

My understanding of 'I'm alright jack' is standing next to someone who you could help but deliberately ignoring them and sitting on your hands'.....A tad radical to start painting people with that brush.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 18:20 - Nov 18 with 1326 viewsBrixtonBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:35 - Nov 16 by hampstead_blue

That's a bit strong.

Are you so keen on collective suffering? If one part of the country suffers then we all must?

My understanding of 'I'm alright jack' is standing next to someone who you could help but deliberately ignoring them and sitting on your hands'.....A tad radical to start painting people with that brush.

You don't understanding of 'I'm alright jack' is wrong. And the idea that I'm keen on collective suffering and think success is a bad thing are more examples of your pathetic straw man-ing.

You're probably the worst on TWTD for straw man arguments, and that's saying something.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 18:21 - Nov 18 with 1321 viewsBrixtonBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 16:49 - Nov 15 by BrixtonBlue

Erm, they trIed to push it through but it was stopped by the permanent secretaries - the people it was trying to get rid of. Funny that!

The point is, Glassers was saying about the uproar if the Tories tried to pull such a stunt - AND THEY DID... MENTIONED IN HIS OWN LINK!

Glassers has been hoisted by his own petard!

Edit;
His quote: "I imagine if the Tories were mulling this over you’d say we were sleepwalking into fascism."

Would love to see Glassers' response to this. In your own time Glassers, no rush.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 16:51]

Bump, for Glassers.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 18:28 - Nov 18 with 1308 viewsjeera

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:35 - Nov 16 by hampstead_blue

That's a bit strong.

"My understanding of 'I'm alright jack' is standing next to someone who you could help but deliberately ignoring them"

That and refusing to accept that voting for a party who despise the existence of a section of the population and are set on culling them, is a mean and spiteful approach - especially in this day and age.

So much for patriotism and looking out for one another.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 08:16 - Nov 19 with 1246 viewsitfcjoe

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 14:23 - Nov 15 by BrixtonBlue

Cheers J2. There's many reasons, that I haven't got time to go into as I'm at work, but to address your points quickly;

Economy - Plenty of experts aren't saying it will be a disaster. And how much of a disaster are they likely to cause in 5 years anyway? I like Alan Sugar but what is he basing that on? Is it, like my dad, based on Labour effing up years ago? If it is, that's not a reason to think the latest lot will be the same. They're all new people. Only the name Labour is the same.

Anti-semitism - while it's a problem, the general public's perception of it has been proven to be 300 times worse than it actually is. And it is being investigated. Corbyn's been a bit slow dealing with it but most is people on social media (who could be anyone). He's a pacifist, has been all his life, and clearly isn't a racist either.

The promises - I agree are starting to sound far fetched, but again we need to see what's actually in the manifesto.

Confidence in the front bench - hard to say until they're given a go.

All the right wing/Tory scaremongering, I think, is largely just that. Labour's policies aren't THAT radical that they're going to destroy the UK in 5 years. Lots of their policies seem sensible to me, and for the greater good. Common sense stuff that is designed to make the country better for everyone. The Tories are well known for looking after their mates at the top.

Labour also created the NHS and aren't going to let that go to the wall.

Also, what is worse purely on an economic footing - 5 years of Labour, with them being able to be voted out at the end of it, or an irreversible Brexit deal which is likely to lead to a No Deal in 18 months time.

The country will get their chance to have a say on how Corbyn and Labour have done at the next GE, and it will be much easier to reverse if it is a disaster than the almost guaranteed Brexit disaster

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:11 - Nov 19 with 1232 viewshampstead_blue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 18:28 - Nov 18 by jeera

"My understanding of 'I'm alright jack' is standing next to someone who you could help but deliberately ignoring them"

That and refusing to accept that voting for a party who despise the existence of a section of the population and are set on culling them, is a mean and spiteful approach - especially in this day and age.

Crickey!
Between you and BrixtonBlue you are both angry Town fans.

I'm the last person to call 'Jack' I do more than many on this board to help those in need.

O'Grady, from the Unions on R4 this morning was schooled by a successful entrepreneur who is the highest individual tax payer in the UK on wealth. She and those of your radical opinion want others to suffer.

Have you ever heard of 'crap life'? A GP on R4 recently spoke of a whole generation who ask for antidepressants simply because they refuse to work and live off benefits.
They drink, smoke, buy fast food, have Sky TV. All things which as so expensive.

What they don't do is work. We have so many jobs available but there is a generation who have been spoon fed by Labour under Brown and Blair who simply refuse to work.

Why do you think we are so reliant on low paid workers from outside the UK? It's because there are thousands who won't get their hands dirty.

Who is to blame for their lack of interest?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:51 - Nov 19 with 1209 viewsBrixtonBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:11 - Nov 19 by hampstead_blue

Crickey!

I'm the last person to call 'Jack' I do more than many on this board to help those in need.

O'Grady, from the Unions on R4 this morning was schooled by a successful entrepreneur who is the highest individual tax payer in the UK on wealth. She and those of your radical opinion want others to suffer.

Have you ever heard of 'crap life'? A GP on R4 recently spoke of a whole generation who ask for antidepressants simply because they refuse to work and live off benefits.
They drink, smoke, buy fast food, have Sky TV. All things which as so expensive.

What they don't do is work. We have so many jobs available but there is a generation who have been spoon fed by Labour under Brown and Blair who simply refuse to work.

Why do you think we are so reliant on low paid workers from outside the UK? It's because there are thousands who won't get their hands dirty.

There is so much nonsense in this post I don't know where to start. You spelt the word "crikey" wrong, and then everything that followed was wrong too.

Login to get fewer ads

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:55 - Nov 19 with 1205 viewsbrazil1982

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 18:28 - Nov 18 by jeera

"Set on culling them" - have a day off, unless you're referencing badgers.
What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:57 - Nov 19 with 1202 viewsStokieBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 08:16 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Also, what is worse purely on an economic footing - 5 years of Labour, with them being able to be voted out at the end of it, or an irreversible Brexit deal which is likely to lead to a No Deal in 18 months time.

The country will get their chance to have a say on how Corbyn and Labour have done at the next GE, and it will be much easier to reverse if it is a disaster than the almost guaranteed Brexit disaster

This isn't really true though. If you take party politics out of it altogether and focus on your reversibility point it's wrong on both accounts:

- We could rejoin the EU at any time if that's what the voters decided in 5 years - the EU aren't going to say no.

- We will still have a large increased in government issued debt in 5 years regardless of whether Labour are voted out. You can't just reverse the borrowing and pay it off. The subsequent government will need to keep up the repayments.

I think you're looking at it through some Labour-tinted specs saying one is reversible and one isn't. That doesn't mean Labour shouldn't be given a go if the manifesto is good and people vote them in - just that the reversibility point is wrong.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:00 - Nov 19 with 1193 viewsitfcjoe

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:57 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

This isn't really true though. If you take party politics out of it altogether and focus on your reversibility point it's wrong on both accounts:

- We could rejoin the EU at any time if that's what the voters decided in 5 years - the EU aren't going to say no.

- We will still have a large increased in government issued debt in 5 years regardless of whether Labour are voted out. You can't just reverse the borrowing and pay it off. The subsequent government will need to keep up the repayments.

I think you're looking at it through some Labour-tinted specs saying one is reversible and one isn't. That doesn't mean Labour shouldn't be given a go if the manifesto is good and people vote them in - just that the reversibility point is wrong.

SB

I think there is a false equivalence there - voting out a sitting Government is much easier than reversing a bad Brexit deal.

I'll be interested to see how the costings of Labour manifesto stack up against Boris Brexit deal with regards to GDP.

Whilst there will still be borrowing to repay, that money will have been invested into the company rather than just GDP falling, there should be some tangible benefits

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:01 - Nov 19 with 1192 viewsStokieBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 14:23 - Nov 15 by BrixtonBlue

Cheers J2. There's many reasons, that I haven't got time to go into as I'm at work, but to address your points quickly;

Economy - Plenty of experts aren't saying it will be a disaster. And how much of a disaster are they likely to cause in 5 years anyway? I like Alan Sugar but what is he basing that on? Is it, like my dad, based on Labour effing up years ago? If it is, that's not a reason to think the latest lot will be the same. They're all new people. Only the name Labour is the same.

Anti-semitism - while it's a problem, the general public's perception of it has been proven to be 300 times worse than it actually is. And it is being investigated. Corbyn's been a bit slow dealing with it but most is people on social media (who could be anyone). He's a pacifist, has been all his life, and clearly isn't a racist either.

The promises - I agree are starting to sound far fetched, but again we need to see what's actually in the manifesto.

Confidence in the front bench - hard to say until they're given a go.

All the right wing/Tory scaremongering, I think, is largely just that. Labour's policies aren't THAT radical that they're going to destroy the UK in 5 years. Lots of their policies seem sensible to me, and for the greater good. Common sense stuff that is designed to make the country better for everyone. The Tories are well known for looking after their mates at the top.

Labour also created the NHS and aren't going to let that go to the wall.

Morning Dollers.

Just going to pick out a couple of points:

Economy - Plenty of experts aren't saying it will be a disaster. And how much of a disaster are they likely to cause in 5 years anyway?

They are definitely going to conduct nationalisation using government bonds - McDonnell has categorically stated this. It is highly likely that all that issuance will be for a longer maturity than 5 years so sayings it's only 5 years isn't entirely valid.

This is exactly right. Whilst I do think they are wrong spouting so many "policies" which won't be in the manifesto we really can't analyse anything properly until Thursday when it's released.

SB

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:20 - Nov 19 with 1172 viewsjeera

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:55 - Nov 19 by brazil1982

"Set on culling them" - have a day off, unless you're referencing badgers.

"Have a day off" what exactly?

As usual, you have nothing of note to add.

You will persist on making comments on things you know nothing about.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:25 - Nov 19 with 1161 viewsbrazil1982

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:20 - Nov 19 by jeera

"Have a day off" what exactly?

As usual, you have nothing of note to add.

You will persist on making comments on things you know nothing about.

Really? You think the current government are culling part of the population? Good grief, have a day off from your poppicock.
What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:25 - Nov 19 with 1158 viewsjeera

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:11 - Nov 19 by hampstead_blue

Crickey!

Then the GP sounds like either a bit of a fibber or an idiot.

Unless you've misquoted them.

ESA: 2019/20 weekly amount: Up to £57.90 if aged 24 or under, up to £73.10 if aged 25 or over.

"Smoke, drink and Sky TV".

And fast food too?

No one gets to 'skive' off work by asking for a few tablets.

It's not the 1990s.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:28 - Nov 19 with 1156 viewsjeera

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:25 - Nov 19 by brazil1982

Really? You think the current government are culling part of the population? Good grief, have a day off from your poppicock.

Again. Nothing of note to add.

Again, making passing comments on things you know nothing about.

If you remove your head from your backside and actually look around away from your own existence, there is an entire world on your doorstep of neglect.

But you can't be bothered. It's far easier to just make repetitive daft comments. and perpetuate the same old myths.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:30 - Nov 19 with 1149 viewsBrixtonBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:25 - Nov 19 by brazil1982

They are, just not in the obvious way you're thinking of. Do some reading.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:33 - Nov 19 with 1144 viewsBrixtonBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:57 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

SB

Your first point is entirely false. The only way we'd be able to go back into the EU would be with another referendum. Do you think the Tories would grant one in the next 5 years? Why, after all these shenanigans, would they do that?!

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:37 - Nov 19 with 1134 viewsBrixtonBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:01 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

Morning Dollers.

Just going to pick out a couple of points:

Economy - Plenty of experts aren't saying it will be a disaster. And how much of a disaster are they likely to cause in 5 years anyway?

They are definitely going to conduct nationalisation using government bonds - McDonnell has categorically stated this. It is highly likely that all that issuance will be for a longer maturity than 5 years so sayings it's only 5 years isn't entirely valid.

This is exactly right. Whilst I do think they are wrong spouting so many "policies" which won't be in the manifesto we really can't analyse anything properly until Thursday when it's released.

SB

Morning Stokers.

I'm not suggesting everything could be reversed... just that I don't think they'd be able to do THAT much more damage in 5 years. And their proposals aren't that radical anyway. The country isn't going to grind to a halt in 5 years. However, it MIGHT start to improve (certainly for the majority rather than the few it's been). I reckon it's worth a shot.

We're agreed on the second point. Looking forward to the manifesto coming out.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:39 - Nov 19 with 1137 viewsStokieBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:33 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

Your first point is entirely false. The only way we'd be able to go back into the EU would be with another referendum. Do you think the Tories would grant one in the next 5 years? Why, after all these shenanigans, would they do that?!

No it's not.

He said this:

"The country will get their chance to have a say on how Corbyn and Labour have done at the next GE, and it will be much easier to reverse if it is a disaster than the almost guaranteed Brexit disaster"

The reversal point was framed in context of the next election and thus the government after this next one. Rejoining the EU is perfectly feasible in that parliament if that's what the voters vote for so it's not false in the slightest.

You don't have to find a way to try and bash the Tories in every post - we all know how bad they are already :).

SB
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 10:40]

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:19 - Nov 19 with 1103 viewsBrixtonBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:39 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

No it's not.

He said this:

"The country will get their chance to have a say on how Corbyn and Labour have done at the next GE, and it will be much easier to reverse if it is a disaster than the almost guaranteed Brexit disaster"

The reversal point was framed in context of the next election and thus the government after this next one. Rejoining the EU is perfectly feasible in that parliament if that's what the voters vote for so it's not false in the slightest.

You don't have to find a way to try and bash the Tories in every post - we all know how bad they are already :).

SB
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 10:40]

I don't follow. We're talking about how much damage Labour would do in the next 5 years if they got in (vs sticking with the Tories).

If Brexit were to be reversed after that period, it would require another party getting in on a "Reverse Brexit" campaign, or another referendum by the Tories if they stayed. Very, very unlikely that the Tories would offer that opportunity again, after what we've been and are still going through. So that would mean another party getting in to reverse Brexit - likely Labour.

So instead of going through all this cr@p again, just vote Labour in now!

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:22 - Nov 19 with 1104 viewsStokieBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:19 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

I don't follow. We're talking about how much damage Labour would do in the next 5 years if they got in (vs sticking with the Tories).

If Brexit were to be reversed after that period, it would require another party getting in on a "Reverse Brexit" campaign, or another referendum by the Tories if they stayed. Very, very unlikely that the Tories would offer that opportunity again, after what we've been and are still going through. So that would mean another party getting in to reverse Brexit - likely Labour.

So instead of going through all this cr@p again, just vote Labour in now!

That's not what he said. He said that if Labour damaged the country over 5 years they could be voted out in the next GE and everything reversed. The exact same can be said for the Tories and Brexit. Both are reversible which was my point.

Why would you want me to vote Labour without seeing their manifesto? I thought we were supposed to examine and vote by policy not by partizanship?

It's fairly irrelevant for me under FPTP anyway - Diane will romp to a huge and impressive victory in my consistency.

SB
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 11:24]

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:47 - Nov 19 with 1053 viewsBrixtonBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:22 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

That's not what he said. He said that if Labour damaged the country over 5 years they could be voted out in the next GE and everything reversed. The exact same can be said for the Tories and Brexit. Both are reversible which was my point.

Why would you want me to vote Labour without seeing their manifesto? I thought we were supposed to examine and vote by policy not by partizanship?

It's fairly irrelevant for me under FPTP anyway - Diane will romp to a huge and impressive victory in my consistency.

SB
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 11:24]

Come on, my last line was obviously tongue-in-cheek!

With the reversible situation I think you've proved the point perfectly for us. If both are reversible, then you've proved that Labour getting in won't be a disaster. That's all I was saying in my original post. So people who fear giving them a go on that basis, needn't.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:49 - Nov 19 with 1052 viewsbrazil1982

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:28 - Nov 19 by jeera

Again. Nothing of note to add.

Again, making passing comments on things you know nothing about.

If you remove your head from your backside and actually look around away from your own existence, there is an entire world on your doorstep of neglect.

But you can't be bothered. It's far easier to just make repetitive daft comments. and perpetuate the same old myths.

Oh, I understand now. I look forward to the arrests and trials at a later date for this organised genocide.
What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 12:08 - Nov 19 with 1042 viewsStokieBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:47 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

Come on, my last line was obviously tongue-in-cheek!

With the reversible situation I think you've proved the point perfectly for us. If both are reversible, then you've proved that Labour getting in won't be a disaster. That's all I was saying in my original post. So people who fear giving them a go on that basis, needn't.

I've worded it poorly in my latest response to you. I actually said that reversing the debt would be more difficult than Brexit which I believe to be true. Having to go over it three times meant I messed up the wording this time.

I haven't decided who I will be voting for yet.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024