Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? 20:55 - Dec 10 with 1618 viewsSwailsey

I know we’re second and the club is feel good etc. But it feels almost by accident. Just by default we’re slightly better than the other teams in terms of fitness etc.

Am I entitled, or is it fair enough that I would like a little more identity to our style? A bit more grit? Consistency?

Getting out of this league is all that matters in the grand scheme of things I know...but am I really happier than I was as a mid table team who knew their limits, occasionally flirting with the play offs? I don’t know if I am. The novelty has sort of worn off.

I’m happier than I was under Keane, Jewell and Hurst. I’d say I’m below Mick and on par with Magic.

Hard to compare them all I know and perhaps I am ungrateful.

I don’t know if I feel any CLOSER to my team than I have in recent years, because I never felt detached under Mick or even Hurst as much as I didn’t like him. I pine for the days of Shumi, Lee, Tabb, Bru, even Anderson.

It just all feels a bit... ‘meh’. Which is sad.

Am I the only one?

(Also don’t hate me playas)
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 21:00]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 20:56 - Dec 10 with 1609 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Now.... he’s winging it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 21:47 - Dec 10 with 1455 viewsbazgammon

after a fine start in august and September we have been in decline since Accrington away. this is a very poor league and Lambert's ridiculous rotation is showing. We should be walking this league with the squad we have but reality is 1 win in 9 in all comps is not good enough and we are going backwards. we need a good xmas and ny spell or Lambert is going to come under real pressure.

Poll: Lambert

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 21:56 - Dec 10 with 1401 viewsgainsboroughblue

Now we are free of the FA Cup, and no international break until March, surely we will now see some consistency in the line up. If we fail to see this, and continuation of our powder puff efforts, especially at home, he may find himself running out of excuses.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 21:58]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 22:02 - Dec 10 with 1333 viewsMullet

The fact we went down so dismally and without any guts was a bitter disappointment, but I understood those cheerleading it.

But now we've seen how bad it is down here and no one can really refute it, the whole "HMS Pisstheleague" type stuff not coming true is maybe starting to bite a little? This division has a very nasty feature of being like quicksand, you can slip outside the top six and be in a relegation fight for months still.

It's nothing near where we should be, and the fact that our rivalries are emerging with clubs like Posh, Wycombe, Rotherham etc. is really telling. I'd like to see a bit more sense of togetherness amongst the players and that has to come with a more regular line up for this month. By now there should be players that only get dislodged by suspension and injury, but there seems to be rustiness to factor in too now.

Once the congestion dies down he should be less hampered by getting the call offs and rotations wrong. I don't think it helps the "shut up it's not a crisis" stuff in the face of Saturday's more measured reaction and disappointment has helped.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

5pm on New Year'sDay (n/t) on 22:05 - Dec 10 with 1299 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 22:51 - Dec 10 with 1190 viewsTrequartista

I think failing to beat Bristol Rovers on Saturday gives us genuine concerns. Win that and it will all be looking ok again.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 22:53 - Dec 10 with 1179 viewsMrTown

“i think everybody recognises that wasn’t good enough but one performance in over a year like that is, I’m not saying it’s OK, but I understand how it happens.”

Really strange quote from PL. We went down with a whimper, I mean I remember Preston away which was likewise horrendous.

We had a really good spell at the start of the season.

Have been poor since Accrington away and Rotherham at home.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 23:08 - Dec 10 with 1133 viewsSwailsey

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 22:53 - Dec 10 by MrTown

“i think everybody recognises that wasn’t good enough but one performance in over a year like that is, I’m not saying it’s OK, but I understand how it happens.”

Really strange quote from PL. We went down with a whimper, I mean I remember Preston away which was likewise horrendous.

We had a really good spell at the start of the season.

Have been poor since Accrington away and Rotherham at home.

Strange isn’t it.

As another poster said, at least we tried a style last season for a bit (playing out from the back). We abandoned that and went down anyway.

We have nadda, zilch, 0 style this year.

We went down appallingly, with 0 signs of on the pitch positivity (ironically actually only Toto and , Big Col and Doz ended well) and simply the good will off it.

That is seemingly starting to fade now.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 23:22 - Dec 10 with 1096 viewsfooters

“And this football club, with the history that it’s got, before anything else, you have to earn the right, you have to work."

Starts Nsiala.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 05:52 - Dec 11 with 975 viewswkj

You have ways had the right to question Paul lambert or any other manager at any time in their tenure, just as those who agree or disagree have the right to respond.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 06:43 - Dec 11 with 900 viewslmfcblue

He’s been blagging it from day one!
He’s just played Coventry twice so he must’ve known we’d get overrun in CM by only playing 2 (lethargic) players in there.
Also he says it’s the worst we’ve played in his time.. so why wait till the 88th minute to make the other 2 changes.
He’s clueless.
Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 11:16 - Dec 11 with 761 viewsSwailsey

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 05:52 - Dec 11 by wkj

You have ways had the right to question Paul lambert or any other manager at any time in their tenure, just as those who agree or disagree have the right to respond.

What a wonderfully balanced answer!!

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 11:18 - Dec 11 with 750 viewswkj

Genuine Question: When are we allowed to question PL? on 11:16 - Dec 11 by Swailsey

What a wonderfully balanced answer!!

It is! Just do it! Don't hedge your bets!

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024