Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What will Labour ban/control first with our free 07:13 - Nov 15 with 18043 viewsBluefish

Broadband? Presumably Israel related content?

A world where our government takes away most of our money and controls our internet, our power and our transport. It will be like being a child again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:00 - Nov 15 with 3085 viewshampstead_blue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 08:32 - Nov 15 by BackToRussia

I thought you asked if I had ever eaten gruel!

Did I misunderstand you?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:37 - Nov 15 with 3057 viewsSarge

If you didn’t act like a child maybe we wouldn’t have to treat you like one. You needn’t worry about this though as Labour will never win the election which is no bad thing, you should be considerably more worried about the Tories clinging on.

I’d make the internet a read only system for the majority of the population. Return it to a source of information rather than opinion presented as information.
What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:39 - Nov 15 with 3047 viewsSarge

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:00 - Nov 15 by hampstead_blue

I thought you asked if I had ever eaten gruel!

Did I misunderstand you?

Yes
What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:40 - Nov 15 with 3045 viewsartsbossbeard

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:37 - Nov 15 by Sarge

If you didn’t act like a child maybe we wouldn’t have to treat you like one. You needn’t worry about this though as Labour will never win the election which is no bad thing, you should be considerably more worried about the Tories clinging on.

I’d make the internet a read only system for the majority of the population. Return it to a source of information rather than opinion presented as information.

Are you all for us proles being told what the government want us to be told?

* swivels eyes and switches over to the dark web *

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:02 - Nov 15 with 3021 viewsGlasgowBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 08:39 - Nov 15 by BackToRussia

Blubfish is just on his morning trawl, it's GBs serious reply to it that's got me rolling.

So what is your view on a political party replacing neutral civil servants with political appointees? I imagine if the Tories were mulling this over you’d say we were sleepwalking into fascism.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:03 - Nov 15 with 3020 viewsGlasgowBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 07:58 - Nov 15 by lowhouseblue

jeez, they're going to appoint zed as the twtd censor aren't they.

Don’t be silly. Zed is far too outspoken. He’ll be one of the first up against the wall.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:09 - Nov 15 with 3014 viewsDarth_Koont

Ironic that you use Israel as your example of where freedom of speech and information will be controlled in the future...

Pronouns: He/Him

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:12 - Nov 15 with 2997 viewslowhouseblue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:03 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

Don’t be silly. Zed is far too outspoken. He’ll be one of the first up against the wall.

that's very unfair. i think mcdonnell will prove to be a benevolent and just leader. do you think he's even told corbyn about the free broadband stuff?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:19 - Nov 15 with 2976 viewschicoazul

Agree Blubbers but if you think any of the other parties would be different then boy, I dunno.
And that is pretty much what all governments do anyway, including the supranational EU you want us to remain a part of.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:20 - Nov 15 with 2974 viewschicoazul

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 08:38 - Nov 15 by Superfrans

Amazing.

This is the kind of comment which illustrates how low debate has reached in this country. Remarkable stuff.

It's a perfectly reasonable interesting point, made in a grandiloquent way. All governments in the western world want to build backdoors into WhatsApp for instance. How is this different.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:23 - Nov 15 with 2963 viewsBluefish

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:09 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

Ironic that you use Israel as your example of where freedom of speech and information will be controlled in the future...

Very weird whatabouterry

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:23 - Nov 15 with 2960 viewsgiant_stow

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:20 - Nov 15 by chicoazul

It's a perfectly reasonable interesting point, made in a grandiloquent way. All governments in the western world want to build backdoors into WhatsApp for instance. How is this different.

You're right about controlling authorities coming from all persuasions - the Met got told off for banning protests of more then 2 people London wide last week innit.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:25 - Nov 15 with 2946 viewschicoazul

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:23 - Nov 15 by giant_stow

You're right about controlling authorities coming from all persuasions - the Met got told off for banning protests of more then 2 people London wide last week innit.

Can't blame them though. I'd have all the Extinction Rebellion people in zoos myself.

All governments are authoritarian controlling and self interested. At least your Chinese are honest about it.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:28 - Nov 15 with 2938 viewsDarth_Koont

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:23 - Nov 15 by Bluefish

Very weird whatabouterry

No, it's literally what you're talking about. But a concrete, real example as opposed to a silly made-up one.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:32 - Nov 15 with 2921 viewschicoazul

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:42 - Nov 15 with 2903 viewsSarge

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 09:40 - Nov 15 by artsbossbeard

Are you all for us proles being told what the government want us to be told?

* swivels eyes and switches over to the dark web *

Not the government. Far too biased and short term. No, the information will come from a council of learned comrades and trusted subject matter experts such as the military and the National Trust. You’ll of course be welcome to discuss and dissect the information with your colleagues around the water cooler and such as normal.

Simply, the ideal would be to just remove the internet as a platform for those with unimportant views who now find they have the ability to reach an audience with their drivel.
What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:11 - Nov 15 with 2886 viewsRyorry

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 08:38 - Nov 15 by Superfrans

Amazing.

This is the kind of comment which illustrates how low debate has reached in this country. Remarkable stuff.

You're saying you thought he was serious?!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:16 - Nov 15 with 2877 viewsBluefish

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 10:28 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

No, it's literally what you're talking about. But a concrete, real example as opposed to a silly made-up one.

Lollerskates roflcopter

The example was used to point out a subject where cult members won't want people to read about a place that they have been accused of being biased against. It had nothing to do with the context of free broadband or controlling interests but you lived up to the stereotypes of cult members by instantly making it about that. I always wondered if Waco or Charles Manson could be repeated in this day and age, can anyone be quite that brainwashed in the internet age, you prove it is very very possible and McDonnell wants to take you to the next stage.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:36 - Nov 15 with 2853 viewsDarth_Koont

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:16 - Nov 15 by Bluefish

Lollerskates roflcopter

The example was used to point out a subject where cult members won't want people to read about a place that they have been accused of being biased against. It had nothing to do with the context of free broadband or controlling interests but you lived up to the stereotypes of cult members by instantly making it about that. I always wondered if Waco or Charles Manson could be repeated in this day and age, can anyone be quite that brainwashed in the internet age, you prove it is very very possible and McDonnell wants to take you to the next stage.

Bizarre from start to finish.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:38 - Nov 15 with 2839 viewsBluefish

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:36 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

Bizarre from start to finish.

I think the Manson followers said the same when questioned

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:40 - Nov 15 with 2830 viewsDarth_Koont

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:38 - Nov 15 by Bluefish

I think the Manson followers said the same when questioned

Wibble.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:41 - Nov 15 with 2822 viewsBluefish

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:40 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

Wibble.

Blimey that was exactly what they said next. This really is getting scary

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:45 - Nov 15 with 2809 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hmm, strong in this one the Daily Mail*

*or any other source of paranoid nonsense

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:47 - Nov 15 with 2801 viewsBluefish

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:45 - Nov 15 by Swansea_Blue

Hmm, strong in this one the Daily Mail*

*or any other source of paranoid nonsense

I have never bought and do not read the Mail and I do not watch Star Wars. Both things are for absolute weirdos and dangers to the world.

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 11:48 - Nov 15 with 2791 viewsBrixtonBlue

What will Labour ban/control first with our free on 08:05 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

State controlled internet. It works well in China. Add that to capital controls and replacing independent civil servants with political appointees

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-chiefs-mull-plan-replace-20852711

and you can see the type of state controls a Corbyn government wants.

Your lies have reached new desperate limits.

Firstly state controlled internet is just absolute nonsense, secondly your article makes no mention of it at all, and thirdly "the type of state controls a Corbyn government wants" WERE ALREADY INTRODUCED BY YOUR LOT... also detailed in your own link;

"It follows a similar exercise carried out under the Tory-Lib Dem coalition in 2012 after ministers complained about being frustrated by the slow workings of the government machine."

This nonsense is gutter politics and you should be ashamed

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024