Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good for the environment, or just saving money? 12:49 - Nov 18 with 4661 viewsitfcjoe

Was away last week at a well known Forest holiday location....

In the bathroom there was a sign up saying that 'due to feedback from customers' they no longer supply toiletries (Shower gel, shampoo, etc) due to it being in single use plastic containers.....

My wife needed some shower gel so we had to buy some from the shop there (in a single use plastic bottle....).

Surely if they really cared they'd fit refillable ones? Or they'd still supply them and advise customers not to use them - like some places do with regards to washing towels etc.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:03 - Nov 18 with 3436 viewsReuser_is_God

When I went to the same well know forest holiday location in September they still provided this.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:05 - Nov 18 with 3434 viewsSteve_M

Refillable containers, fixed to the wall if necessary, are surely the way forward on this. People expect hotels to have basic toiletries, justifiably given the cost, but it should be the most efficient way of provision.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:17 - Nov 18 with 3357 viewschicoazul

Occasional reminder that all any person needs is a bar of soap and anything else is vanity.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:23 - Nov 18 with 3348 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Went to Elvedon in mid September and this sign was up but it said if we still wanted the toiletries we should go to guest services to collect some.

As we quite like these we did so and were told about how they were cutting back on single use plastics to save the environment. I said I was quite happy to provide a container so they could pour the shower gel/shampoo into that but they said they couldn't do that.

I do sometimes get the feeling this is a convenient way for companies to save money and pin an environmental badge on themselves at the same time.

As you say refillable ones seems a better option.

I did notice when we rebooked for next year it still said on their website that they provide free toiletries. Not sure if that has changed since
Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:23 - Nov 18 with 3341 viewsitfcjoe

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:03 - Nov 18 by Reuser_is_God

When I went to the same well know forest holiday location in September they still provided this.

I wonder how much 'feedback' they required to change their policy

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:31 - Nov 18 with 3312 viewsitfcjoe

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:23 - Nov 18 by Cheshire_Tractor

Went to Elvedon in mid September and this sign was up but it said if we still wanted the toiletries we should go to guest services to collect some.

As we quite like these we did so and were told about how they were cutting back on single use plastics to save the environment. I said I was quite happy to provide a container so they could pour the shower gel/shampoo into that but they said they couldn't do that.

I do sometimes get the feeling this is a convenient way for companies to save money and pin an environmental badge on themselves at the same time.

I did notice when we rebooked for next year it still said on their website that they provide free toiletries. Not sure if that has changed since

I think your 2nd para sums it up, it is a way to save costs and pretend they care about the environment.

As noted in the OP and by yourself and Steve M the refillable ones are the obvious solution.

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:33 - Nov 18 with 3302 viewsJ2BLUE

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:17 - Nov 18 by chicoazul

Occasional reminder that all any person needs is a bar of soap and anything else is vanity.

A bar of soap? Is it the 1800s?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:37 - Nov 18 with 3287 viewscatch74

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:33 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

Let’s go Imperial Leather, with a couple of free pubes from the last lodgers.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:43 - Nov 18 with 3269 viewschicoazul

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:33 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

If only.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:53 - Nov 18 with 3244 viewsWeWereZombies

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:37 - Nov 18 by catch74

Let’s go Imperial Leather, with a couple of free pubes from the last lodgers.

When I was in hospital last year I got a 'welcome pack' (as in welcome you fecking idiot and well done for falling over on a mountain so we expect you have arrived in the clothes you stand up in and nothing of any use - especially not your brain) that had a big bar of Johnson's baby soap. I am still using it (came home with me unused) and it is brilliant. When it finally runs out in a couple of years time I might even buy a bar out of my own money...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:56 - Nov 18 with 3229 viewsJ2BLUE

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:53 - Nov 18 by WeWereZombies

When I was in hospital last year I got a 'welcome pack' (as in welcome you fecking idiot and well done for falling over on a mountain so we expect you have arrived in the clothes you stand up in and nothing of any use - especially not your brain) that had a big bar of Johnson's baby soap. I am still using it (came home with me unused) and it is brilliant. When it finally runs out in a couple of years time I might even buy a bar out of my own money...

You screwed the NHS out of a bar of soap? You utter monster.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:57 - Nov 18 with 3219 viewsWeWereZombies

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:56 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

You screwed the NHS out of a bar of soap? You utter monster.

You got me bang to rights.

Can I also ask for a toothbrush, a tube of toothpaste, a comb and sachets of hair shampoo, bath gel and shaving cream to be taken into account?

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:04 - Nov 18 with 3187 viewscatch74

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:57 - Nov 18 by WeWereZombies

You got me bang to rights.

Can I also ask for a toothbrush, a tube of toothpaste, a comb and sachets of hair shampoo, bath gel and shaving cream to be taken into account?

You’ve just given Johnson the green light for full privatisation.

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:08 - Nov 18 with 3179 viewsITFC_Forever

Well known forest holiday chain - ripping people off since time began.

Can't stand the particular chain in question.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:11 - Nov 18 with 3171 viewsSitfcB

Is this the BBC?

Are we not allowed to say Center Parcs?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:12 - Nov 18 with 3163 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:11 - Nov 18 by SitfcB

Is this the BBC?

Are we not allowed to say Center Parcs?

Ohhhh, that’s who it was...!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:14 - Nov 18 with 3154 viewsitfcjoe

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:08 - Nov 18 by ITFC_Forever

I used to think like that and I only really go because my sister does and we make it into a family holiday with parents - but it's actually really good there, and now kids a bit older would definitely recommend it

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:16 - Nov 18 with 3142 viewschicoazul

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:08 - Nov 18 by ITFC_Forever

Come come now, where else can you live in a draughty cabin in the middle of a wood and basically just go swimming in a noisy pool, for £400 for 3 nights?

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:24 - Nov 18 with 3115 viewscatch74

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:14 - Nov 18 by itfcjoe

I used to think like that and I only really go because my sister does and we make it into a family holiday with parents - but it's actually really good there, and now kids a bit older would definitely recommend it

Absolutely loved it until the kids got to school. We used to pay about £275 for 3/4 bedroom lodge midweek - pool was quiet etc. Last time I looked think the same would cost about £1200 out of school hours, it’s not worth that.
The answer is to go to one in Belgium, apparently.

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:28 - Nov 18 with 3099 viewsitfcjoe

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:24 - Nov 18 by catch74

Absolutely loved it until the kids got to school. We used to pay about £275 for 3/4 bedroom lodge midweek - pool was quiet etc. Last time I looked think the same would cost about £1200 out of school hours, it’s not worth that.
The answer is to go to one in Belgium, apparently.

A friend of my wife's went to one in Belgium or Holland and their lodge burnt down with everything in it - passports, car keys, wallets, etc. - her husband is disabled and they have 3 kids and the park weren't particularly accomodating which has put Mrs itfcjoe off that!

Their pricing is very dynamic and demand based, not looking forward to kids starting school and having to go away in holiday times!

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:54 - Nov 18 with 3048 viewsGeoffSentence

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:17 - Nov 18 by chicoazul

Soap! How wasteful. What's wrong with a little bit of spit?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:58 - Nov 18 with 3041 viewsITFC_Forever

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 14:28 - Nov 18 by itfcjoe

A friend of my wife's went to one in Belgium or Holland and their lodge burnt down with everything in it - passports, car keys, wallets, etc. - her husband is disabled and they have 3 kids and the park weren't particularly accomodating which has put Mrs itfcjoe off that!

Their pricing is very dynamic and demand based, not looking forward to kids starting school and having to go away in holiday times!

On the subject of European ones, we stayed at a Eurocamp site in Normandy a couple of years ago and it was great - reasonably priced, loads for the kids to do (albeit they're a bit older than yours) and loads of stuff to do within an hour or two's drive.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 15:14 - Nov 18 with 2982 viewsEdmundo

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 13:23 - Nov 18 by Cheshire_Tractor

Soap and shampoo bars. Not as cheap perhaps but if they're serious they should provide them instead.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 17:40 - Nov 18 with 2886 viewsNthQldITFC

Not sure why people seem to think its beneath them to take their own washing kit, and expect to be provided with nice little free single use plastic ones. Maybe its just so that they can get a hard-on 'stealing' them.

Same in restaurants etc with little diddy plastic packets of ketchup/mustard/mayo that they slip in their pockets and then probably chuck away later.

Makes me want to puke. (Good job I lifted the sick bag from the last flight I was on).

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 18:00 - Nov 18 with 2862 viewsWeWereZombies

Good for the environment, or just saving money? on 17:40 - Nov 18 by NthQldITFC

Not sure why people seem to think its beneath them to take their own washing kit, and expect to be provided with nice little free single use plastic ones. Maybe its just so that they can get a hard-on 'stealing' them.

Same in restaurants etc with little diddy plastic packets of ketchup/mustard/mayo that they slip in their pockets and then probably chuck away later.

Makes me want to puke. (Good job I lifted the sick bag from the last flight I was on).

Those little sachets of sauce and 6.5 gramme packs of butter are brilliant for taking on hiking trips. Keep the weight down and get used before they can go off. Same goes for the wee tubs of longlife milk - four of those and your tea when you get to the bothy and coffee in the morning are sorted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024