Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the current form continues... 09:45 - Dec 18 with 3654 viewsGooders7592

Do you think ME will pull the trigger on Lambert? and if so, when?
If the current form continues... on 13:15 - Dec 18 with 551 viewsBrixtonBlue

If the current form continues... on 11:40 - Dec 18 by LankHenners

'revamping fortunes' and 'taking some responsibility' are some way apart.

Clearly silly to get rid of him now and the club could really do without any upheaval but Lambert's had long enough now to at least look like he knows what he wants to do with the team. It's not unreasonable to hold criticism against him.

I've not said anywhere that it's unreasonable to hold criticism against him. Not sure what, if anything, we're disagreeing on.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If the current form continues... on 13:20 - Dec 18 with 537 viewsGuthrum

If the current form continues... on 11:00 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

If, as you say, we can't beat our promotion rivals, we wont go up.

A lot of our rivals aren't beating the other top teams, either. Peterborough haven't won against any team currently in the top half of the table (unless you count Synderland, bang on 12th).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If the current form continues... on 13:21 - Dec 18 with 535 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

If the current form continues... on 13:11 - Dec 18 by BrightonBlue

Good grief.

I was surprised as well
If the current form continues... on 13:59 - Dec 18 with 511 viewsSouperJim

If the current form continues... on 12:55 - Dec 18 by LeighOnSeaBlue

I questioned the timing of it but allegedly despite being popular with the fans he's not so popular behind the scenes

Fairly believable if you compare him to Mick in the sense Mick always seemed content to have his hands tied as it gave him the perfect excuse for everything. Lambert strikes me as far less of a sycophant, happy to just go along with the status quo. A couple of times when it has seemed Lambo isn't getting what he wants out of the owner, he's very quickly made comments to the press about his future being uncertain.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

If the current form continues... on 14:08 - Dec 18 with 500 viewsBrixtonBlue

If the current form continues... on 12:33 - Dec 18 by Swansea_Blue

Oh, I don't know. I can easily see ME backing a failure like Nathan Jones!

Yeah and kicking out Lambert after half a season, while also backing him. Makes lots of sense!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If the current form continues... on 14:21 - Dec 18 with 490 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

If the current form continues... on 14:08 - Dec 18 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah and kicking out Lambert after half a season, while also backing him. Makes lots of sense!

This was before the season started I didn't say it should happen now
If the current form continues... on 14:24 - Dec 18 with 483 viewsBrixtonBlue

If the current form continues... on 13:59 - Dec 18 by SouperJim

Fairly believable if you compare him to Mick in the sense Mick always seemed content to have his hands tied as it gave him the perfect excuse for everything. Lambert strikes me as far less of a sycophant, happy to just go along with the status quo. A couple of times when it has seemed Lambo isn't getting what he wants out of the owner, he's very quickly made comments to the press about his future being uncertain.

It's not remotely believable.

If the current form continues... on 14:26 - Dec 18 with 473 viewsBrixtonBlue

If the current form continues... on 14:21 - Dec 18 by LeighOnSeaBlue

This was before the season started I didn't say it should happen now

I mean the half a season (and a bit) he had last year

Login to get fewer ads

If the current form continues... on 14:57 - Dec 18 with 450 viewshaynes_toe1

If the current form continues... on 14:08 - Dec 18 by BrixtonBlue

When he dismally failed for that half season, it's not outside the realms of possibility.
If the current form continues... on 15:35 - Dec 18 with 439 viewsSouperJim

If the current form continues... on 14:24 - Dec 18 by BrixtonBlue

It's not remotely believable.

Believable that Lambert is "not so popular behind the scenes". The idea that Evans is going to pull the plug at this stage to bring Nathan Jones in, less so.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

If the current form continues... on 15:54 - Dec 18 with 425 viewsbraveblue

2nd in the league!!!!!!
If the current form continues... on 16:00 - Dec 18 with 420 viewspointofblue

If the current form continues... on 12:55 - Dec 18 by LeighOnSeaBlue

I questioned the timing of it but allegedly despite being popular with the fans he's not so popular behind the scenes

Whilst his communication with the fans is good I can see him being a bit Hurst-like behind the scenes - when things are going wrong he likes to question why the players aren't following the instructions set rather than querying whether they're the right ones for the job in hand.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If the current form continues... on 19:11 - Dec 18 with 389 viewsGuthrum

If the current form continues... on 10:56 - Dec 18 by Chrisd

I think if you look at most top 2 sides in any league they have an air of supremacy against other teams, look at Leeds and WBA in the Championship this season for example. Although there is a difference in quality and status between them and us, it is all relative. Have we stamped our authority on games and showed our class? Even the Tranmere result (4-1), the first half was a bloody awful display from us apart from Garbutt's fantastic free kick.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 11:21]

Wycombe have won by a three goal margin once this season so far and a two goal margin three times out of 20 matches.

Ipswich have won by a five goal margin once, a three goal margin twice and a two goal margin once from 19 games.

Which is the more dominant team?

Unless you're looking at the Peterborough scoring machine, most of the top teams are getting the bulk of their wins by a single goal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024