Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat 13:15 - Dec 22 with 3357 viewsIllinoisblue

in no particular order:

Will Keane. Doesn’t look fit or interested. Not a great combination.

Goal kicks hoofed aimlessly. Last season Lambert was all about having us play out from the back. This year it’s hit and hope.

Their goal. Literally gets the ball on halfway line and runs completely unchallenged before shooting

Edwards. Ineffective as he has been for most of his time here.

Identity. Who are ITFC and what do we do well? I have no clue.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:18 - Dec 22 with 3315 viewsJ2BLUE

What do we do well?

We are good samaritans. If you need a win to stay up, end a losing run or relieve the pressure on your manager we're your guys!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:21 - Dec 22 with 3295 viewsBluefish

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:18 - Dec 22 by J2BLUE

What do we do well?

We are good samaritans. If you need a win to stay up, end a losing run or relieve the pressure on your manager we're your guys!

Stop trolling mate, it is really tiresome

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:23 - Dec 22 with 3280 viewsurbanblue

I still don't understand why Jackson didn't start.
Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:25 - Dec 22 with 3278 viewsIllinoisblue

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:23 - Dec 22 by urbanblue

I still don't understand why Jackson didn't start.

Because Lambingo

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:32 - Dec 22 with 3233 viewsBLUEBEAT

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:25 - Dec 22 by Illinoisblue

Because Lambingo

Lambingo

Poll: W or W

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:36 - Dec 22 with 3219 viewsBluefish

Seems a bit harsh on Keane. He isn't really a target man just because he is tall, much like Crouch wasn't and nor was Pitman. He prefers balls to feet and to drop deep and collect it, we lumped it at him all afternoon. It is the reason why he didn't start Jackson and that is progress because we've had plenty of matches lumping it at Jackson in the past

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:53 - Dec 22 with 3154 viewsGeoffSentence

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:21 - Dec 22 by Bluefish

Stop trolling mate, it is really tiresome

chuckle

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 14:16 - Dec 22 with 3098 viewsJDB23

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 13:36 - Dec 22 by Bluefish

Seems a bit harsh on Keane. He isn't really a target man just because he is tall, much like Crouch wasn't and nor was Pitman. He prefers balls to feet and to drop deep and collect it, we lumped it at him all afternoon. It is the reason why he didn't start Jackson and that is progress because we've had plenty of matches lumping it at Jackson in the past

I thought Keane looked one of our better players in the first half v Bristol. I'd like to see us go back to that formation and front 3 but with an actual defence. Still means we play quite narrow but we don't have quality wide players anyway, especially with Lambo sticking Garbutt LB.
Login to get fewer ads

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 21:40 - Dec 22 with 2777 views3_5_2

The back 3 looked just so wrong

Woolfie out of position, Toto just being Toto (poor) and Chambers exposed on the right

If we have to a play a 3 then play Chambo central and woolfie on the right so at least they are in natural positions, then we need a left footed player to complete the 3

For me Kenlock so Garbutt is left wing back in the 5 man midfield

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 08:58 - Dec 23 with 2493 viewsLusor

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 21:40 - Dec 22 by 3_5_2

Woolfie out of position, Toto just being Toto (poor) and Chambers exposed on the right

If we have to a play a 3 then play Chambo central and woolfie on the right so at least they are in natural positions, then we need a left footed player to complete the 3

Willo, right footed, is always asked to play on the left and does it safely behind Garbs.
Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 09:38 - Dec 23 with 2403 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I will add to this.

For the last ten minutes our players kept trying to do deft touches and fancy flicks when we were one nil down to Portsmouth in league one on a monsoon of a pitch. Honestly, what were they doing.

Norwood's finishing is about as good as his banter, terrible. He needs to spend less time moaning at refs and more time practising his shooting. He has 8 goals this year, he could've had about 20 with the amount of chances he has had.

Ellis Harrison pulling our defence all over the gaff.

You have made me angry again by bringing this up. God we are awful.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 9:39]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 01:33 - Dec 24 with 2141 viewsantn1b

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 09:38 - Dec 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

I will add to this.

For the last ten minutes our players kept trying to do deft touches and fancy flicks when we were one nil down to Portsmouth in league one on a monsoon of a pitch. Honestly, what were they doing.

Norwood's finishing is about as good as his banter, terrible. He needs to spend less time moaning at refs and more time practising his shooting. He has 8 goals this year, he could've had about 20 with the amount of chances he has had.

Ellis Harrison pulling our defence all over the gaff.

You have made me angry again by bringing this up. God we are awful.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 9:39]

You say monsoon of a pitch but Portsmouth have invested heavily in a semi synthetic surface that puts them up there with the top flight clubs.
Its hardly like playing Newport away on a rugby pitch.
It was a wet day on the south coast but only one team ever looked like winning regardless of the pitch.
Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 05:58 - Dec 24 with 2075 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 01:33 - Dec 24 by antn1b

You say monsoon of a pitch but Portsmouth have invested heavily in a semi synthetic surface that puts them up there with the top flight clubs.
Its hardly like playing Newport away on a rugby pitch.
It was a wet day on the south coast but only one team ever looked like winning regardless of the pitch.

Not as good as Southampton’s though, is it?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 08:10 - Dec 24 with 1945 viewsFartman

Lambert forcing our shaky defence to play out from the back was the reason we secured relegation AS early as we did. I don’t say we would have avoided releagtion if not, just stood a better chance.

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 11:50 - Dec 24 with 1831 viewssoclopath

Only seen him at PR 3 times second/third rate Andy Caroll.As we say in Suffolk "Waste a good grub"
Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 18:25 - Dec 24 with 1651 viewsantn1b

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 05:58 - Dec 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not as good as Southampton’s though, is it?

Same works were carried out at St Mary's last year.
Semi synthetic hybrid stitched pitch to bring them inline withe rest of the premiership.
Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 00:07 - Dec 25 with 1526 viewsOsborneOneNil

Most annoying things about the Portsmouth defeat on 21:40 - Dec 22 by 3_5_2

Harsh on Toto. He was having a decent game when hooked. Chambers is the liability...he must have had 2 reds and given away 3 pens in his last 15 starts.

We were just poor, devoid of any ideas. Nolan worked hard but seemed to be alone in that. Garbs had a shocking first few minutes with a couple of awful misplaced passes, and never recovered.

All rather depressing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024