Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed 17:08 - Dec 27 with 1960 viewsLord_Lucan

forget for one moment I'm an idiot

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 17:15 - Dec 27 with 1945 viewsFixed_It

Should be able to do it in an afternoon. I did one by myself in a day - and despite my username I'm no expert ay DIY.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 17:50 - Dec 27 with 1899 viewsallezlesbleus

Depends how big and what materials etc, but I would have thought a standard garden shed would be half a day for a couple of people.
Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 17:52 - Dec 27 with 1889 viewsartsbossbeard

Happy to come round and make tea for the troops.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 18:13 - Dec 27 with 1875 viewsjeera

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 17:15 - Dec 27 by Fixed_It

Should be able to do it in an afternoon. I did one by myself in a day - and despite my username I'm no expert ay DIY.

What about the base?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 18:19 - Dec 27 with 1865 viewsFixed_It

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 18:13 - Dec 27 by jeera

What about the base?

I'm assuming this is just putting the thing together on a pre-prepared base.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 18:24 - Dec 27 with 1853 viewsjeera

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 18:19 - Dec 27 by Fixed_It

I wondered what base you used and if you did it yourself?

It's not something I've actually done but it can't be too hard.

Not if you lot can cope anyway.

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 18:35 - Dec 27 with 1833 viewsLord_Lucan

Mmmm

I was hoping the answer would be three hours maximum, I suppose felting the roof and putting the windows in are the hassle bits.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 18:51 - Dec 27 with 1807 viewsLord_Lucan

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 18:19 - Dec 27 by Fixed_It

I already have a concrete base prepared - 8ft x 6ft

Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 19:04 - Dec 27 with 1787 viewsgerryitfc

Depends how pissed you are.
Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 19:16 - Dec 27 with 1758 viewsjeera

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 18:51 - Dec 27 by Lord_Lucan

And did you prepare it?

Or is it already there left from a previous incarnation?

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 19:18 - Dec 27 with 1753 viewsFixed_It

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 18:35 - Dec 27 by Lord_Lucan

Mmmm

I was hoping the answer would be three hours maximum, I suppose felting the roof and putting the windows in are the hassle bits.

If you've got the right tools (and assuming your helper isn't a right tool!) you should be ok to do it in 3 hours I reckon - especially if the base is level and you have easy access to all sides.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 19:25 - Dec 27 with 1732 viewsLord_Lucan

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 19:16 - Dec 27 by jeera

And did you prepare it?

Or is it already there left from a previous incarnation?

I got the builders to do it while they were building my MA (Mother Annex)

If I had got my arse in gear and had the shed delivered while the builders were still there I could have got them to do it but I failed that simple task.

Trouble is I'm in Nodge until late NYE and then I have to go away from 3rd - 13th Jan --- and I'm going to get serious ag from the Mrs

I suspect some TWTDer will see this shortly and offer to do it for £50**

**Here's hoping.

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 19:29 - Dec 27 with 1724 viewsjeera

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 19:25 - Dec 27 by Lord_Lucan

I got the builders to do it while they were building my MA (Mother Annex)

If I had got my arse in gear and had the shed delivered while the builders were still there I could have got them to do it but I failed that simple task.

Trouble is I'm in Nodge until late NYE and then I have to go away from 3rd - 13th Jan --- and I'm going to get serious ag from the Mrs

I suspect some TWTDer will see this shortly and offer to do it for £50**

**Here's hoping.

I can't lie.

I was fishing for tips.

But at least you're honest.

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 20:42 - Dec 27 with 1648 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 18:51 - Dec 27 by Lord_Lucan

Your biggest problem may be the size of the shed, unless it fits on an 8 x6 base!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 09:58 - Dec 28 with 1501 viewsLord_Lucan

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 20:42 - Dec 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Your biggest problem may be the size of the shed, unless it fits on an 8 x6 base!

Call me old fashioned but I got the base made the same size as the shed.

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 12:10 - Dec 28 with 1445 viewsbritbiker

I wrote a large reply but there was a server error and it lost the whole thing so heres a shortened version.

The felt provided may be budget and could snap in cold weather when bending it over the roof edge.

Secure a one inch square wood batten under both roof edges. This allows you to pin the roof felt down on it easily and the felt doesn't need to be bent right under the roof eve, where it will snap and is hard to pin.

Buy extra felt nails as you will probably overdo the nailing plus normal nails are no good as the heads are too small and go through the felt (allowing rain in). Plus normal nails are too long and will show through the thin roof panels inside your shed.

In small sheds, the panels are normally erected as whole sides and should be easy to erect if there are two of you. The doors and windows likewise.

The wood is likely to have been pressure treated so will have an element of protection but I would paint/woodstain first any areas that will be erected up against a fence as you may never get easy access to these again. I do love wathching B&Q adverts with a woman easily painting a shed that is conveniently placed in the middle of a lawn with no shrubs nearby. Like most of us don't have a garden big enough for a shed to be placed in the middle. They should make that women paint the shed with a pyrocantha bush ripping her arms to shreds.

Enjoy your first erection of the new year. I hope its not too hard:-)
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 12:15]
Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 12:18 - Dec 28 with 1418 viewsSwansea_Blue

When I did one, it took me about a week on and off to prepare the nuclear bombproof, over-engineered hardcore and slab base, and then two real men about 2 hours to get the shed up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 13:29 - Dec 28 with 1375 viewsLord_Lucan

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 12:10 - Dec 28 by britbiker

I wrote a large reply but there was a server error and it lost the whole thing so heres a shortened version.

The felt provided may be budget and could snap in cold weather when bending it over the roof edge.

Secure a one inch square wood batten under both roof edges. This allows you to pin the roof felt down on it easily and the felt doesn't need to be bent right under the roof eve, where it will snap and is hard to pin.

Buy extra felt nails as you will probably overdo the nailing plus normal nails are no good as the heads are too small and go through the felt (allowing rain in). Plus normal nails are too long and will show through the thin roof panels inside your shed.

In small sheds, the panels are normally erected as whole sides and should be easy to erect if there are two of you. The doors and windows likewise.

The wood is likely to have been pressure treated so will have an element of protection but I would paint/woodstain first any areas that will be erected up against a fence as you may never get easy access to these again. I do love wathching B&Q adverts with a woman easily painting a shed that is conveniently placed in the middle of a lawn with no shrubs nearby. Like most of us don't have a garden big enough for a shed to be placed in the middle. They should make that women paint the shed with a pyrocantha bush ripping her arms to shreds.

Enjoy your first erection of the new year. I hope its not too hard:-)
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 12:15]

Thank you, you are very kind - although I am afraid you lost me at "one inch square wood batten"

If no TWTDers volunteer to erect the thing for £50 my scum in law and I are planning to erect the thing on Thursday after installing Mothers new MESH wifi system**

**As advised by TWTD

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 14:15 - Dec 28 with 1346 viewsstrikalite

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 13:29 - Dec 28 by Lord_Lucan

Thank you, you are very kind - although I am afraid you lost me at "one inch square wood batten"

If no TWTDers volunteer to erect the thing for £50 my scum in law and I are planning to erect the thing on Thursday after installing Mothers new MESH wifi system**

**As advised by TWTD

You can buy a half decent shed online for £400 and they charge another £50 to put it up too..

Not that you wanna hear that LL

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 14:59 - Dec 28 with 1330 viewsjontysnut

37 strong squad if you're Paul Lambert taking into account construction rotation, international tea breaks and putting your best roof felter on windows.
Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 15:59 - Dec 28 with 1288 viewsElephantintheRoom

The only real problems are the ones you create yourself. Make sure your base is flat before you start. Make sure you have charged your electric screwdriver - preferably have two to hand as one always runs out. An 8 x 6 is really just screwing 4 panels to each other and the base. Have decent roofing felt nails too - cheap ones supplied with the shed can be a tad frustrating. three hours for two people max - but best not to hurry.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 16:13 - Dec 28 with 1278 viewsbritbiker

Can anyone give me a guideline of how long it takes two people to erect a shed on 13:29 - Dec 28 by Lord_Lucan

**As advised by TWTD

Batten = 16 foot (2 x 8 foot) of one inch by one inch wood.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024