Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade 09:06 - Dec 31 with 900 viewsDubtractor

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/best-and-worst-of-itfc-in-2010s-1-6444754

Nothing too groundbreaking in there, but reading the worst of the decade squad is pretty grim! I'd say its a little harsh on Spence to be in there though. He was crap, but not in the same league as the likes of Polish Pete and Sonko.

KEEPERS: Lee-Barrett*, Loach.

DEFENCE: Hewitt, Veseli, Spence*, Ingimarsson*, Malarczyk*, Sonko, O'Dea, Fryers*.

MIDFIELD: Toure*, Taylor, Adeyemi*, Reo-Coker*, Douglas, Coke, Oar, Stewart*, Graham.

STRIKERS: Best*, Ellington, Bajner*, Ebanks-Blake.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 09:18 - Dec 31 with 853 viewsGeoffSentence

Harsh on ALB.

Some of you may not know this but in the 38 games in which ALB played in goal for us, we averaged 1.53 points per game which, had they been over the course of a single season, would have seen us challenging for the play offs. This at a time when we were otherwise struggling against relegation.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 09:20 - Dec 31 with 827 viewsBlueBadger

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 09:18 - Dec 31 by GeoffSentence

Harsh on ALB.

Some of you may not know this but in the 38 games in which ALB played in goal for us, we averaged 1.53 points per game which, had they been over the course of a single season, would have seen us challenging for the play offs. This at a time when we were otherwise struggling against relegation.

Ah yes, Jewell's annual run of 'playoff form'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 11:33 - Dec 31 with 731 viewsRegencyBlue

Where is Nsiala!
Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 11:50 - Dec 31 with 698 viewsSwansea_Blue

My abridged review:

💩

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 11:53 - Dec 31 with 689 viewschicoazul

Veseli played regularly as a CB in Serie A until recently!

Also I always thought Scott Loach was ok, by no means the worst keeper of the Banter Era.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 11:56 - Dec 31 with 682 viewsbraveblue

I wonder which manager signed the most?
Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 11:57 - Dec 31 with 680 viewsJ2BLUE

I bet that is depressing reading. Harsh on Loach.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 11:58 - Dec 31 with 676 viewschicoazul

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 11:57 - Dec 31 by J2BLUE

I bet that is depressing reading. Harsh on Loach.

I remember when we signed Hewitt he was "the next Gareth Bale".

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 11:59 - Dec 31 with 675 viewsclive_baker

Depends if you mean worst player or worst contribution to ITFC. If the latter, it's definitely harsh on ALB and certainly Spence, who is by no means a world beater and increasingly looked out of his depth post MM, but did OK for the most part under Mick, and offered useful versatility. If the former, then Veseli, O'Dea and Oar should be nowhere near that list. We just didn't see it here.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 12:00]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 12:01 - Dec 31 with 667 viewsJ2BLUE

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 11:58 - Dec 31 by chicoazul

Wasn't he the next next Gareth Bale? I'm sure there was already a next Gareth Bale?

Truly impaired.

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 12:02 - Dec 31 with 661 viewschicoazul

Here is what Stupot considers the best of the decade;

KEEPERS: Bialkowski*, Fulop.

DEFENCE: Chambers*, Smith, Berra*, Webster*, McAuley, Cresswell*, Mings.

MIDFIELD: Skuse*, Norris, Andrews, Williams*, Fraser*, Lawrence*, Anderson, Tabb, Edwards, Bullard.

STRIKERS: Murphy*, McGoldrick*, Waghorn, DJ Campbell.

Let's see now, I make it 3 players in the "best" squad who got relegated to Division 3.

EDIT: I think im right in saying that none of his "worst" squad got relegated.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 12:08]

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 12:05 - Dec 31 with 644 viewsJ2BLUE

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 12:02 - Dec 31 by chicoazul

Here is what Stupot considers the best of the decade;

KEEPERS: Bialkowski*, Fulop.

DEFENCE: Chambers*, Smith, Berra*, Webster*, McAuley, Cresswell*, Mings.

MIDFIELD: Skuse*, Norris, Andrews, Williams*, Fraser*, Lawrence*, Anderson, Tabb, Edwards, Bullard.

STRIKERS: Murphy*, McGoldrick*, Waghorn, DJ Campbell.

Let's see now, I make it 3 players in the "best" squad who got relegated to Division 3.

EDIT: I think im right in saying that none of his "worst" squad got relegated.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 12:08]

So did McAuley. He was still a very good defender for us.

Truly impaired.

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 12:05 - Dec 31 with 643 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 11:58 - Dec 31 by chicoazul

We should have had he’ll of a team, with him and the Irish Neymar, the Macedonian Gerard...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 12:08 - Dec 31 with 622 viewsJ2BLUE

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 12:05 - Dec 31 by Swansea_Blue

We should have had he’ll of a team, with him and the Irish Neymar, the Macedonian Gerard...

Our mistake was not signing the CB who was 'like Shittu with the footwork of JET'.

Truly impaired.

Stewart Watson Review of ITFC's decade on 12:27 - Dec 31 with 582 viewsjudespiveyg

How is Tabb in that squad for best of the decade? Also if Jonny Williams can be in the best team for a few games in 2014 Bishop has to be in there as well. Wickham was arguably one of our best players this decade as well. Mings was better than Cresswell.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024