Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prince Harry has quit... 18:53 - Jan 8 with 8704 viewsSitfcB

...as, er, a Prince.

Is that allowed?

That’ll be Meghan’s doing.

[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 18:54]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Prince Harry has quit... on 15:04 - Jan 9 with 904 viewsHARRY10

Prince Harry has quit... on 14:54 - Jan 9 by Sikamikanico

No, I pointed out that they are still a financial burden on the country after they leave the job. They just have to wait until 65 to receive their final salary pension.

No, incorrect as that money has been earned through previous employement as with pensions elsewhere.

These two are expecting to retain the income and perks whilst not doing the job that pays them those benefits.
Prince Harry has quit... on 15:07 - Jan 9 with 890 viewsSikamikanico

Prince Harry has quit... on 15:04 - Jan 9 by HARRY10

No, incorrect as that money has been earned through previous employement as with pensions elsewhere.

These two are expecting to retain the income and perks whilst not doing the job that pays them those benefits.

As it is a very generous final salary scheme the pension is a burden on the taxpayer.
Prince Harry has quit... on 16:04 - Jan 9 with 851 viewsgiant_stow

Sorry if anyone's posted this already, but their security (and it's cost) are now being reviewed: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/meghan-markle-prince-harry-scotland-yard-a433

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Prince Harry has quit... on 16:19 - Jan 9 with 833 viewsHARRY10

Prince Harry has quit... on 15:07 - Jan 9 by Sikamikanico

As it is a very generous final salary scheme the pension is a burden on the taxpayer.

Nope, wrong again.

That pension is part of their payment for being an MP.

There is no arrangement for continuing payment if they voluntarily stop being an MP.
Prince Harry has quit... on 16:23 - Jan 9 with 826 viewsSikamikanico

Prince Harry has quit... on 16:19 - Jan 9 by HARRY10

Nope, wrong again.

There is no arrangement for continuing payment if they voluntarily stop being an MP.

Prince Harry has quit... on 16:24 - Jan 9 with 822 viewschicoazul

Prince Harry has quit... on 16:19 - Jan 9 by HARRY10

Nope, wrong again.

Do you know how pensions work?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Prince Harry has quit... on 16:36 - Jan 9 with 797 viewsPinewoodblue

Prince Harry has quit... on 16:23 - Jan 9 by Sikamikanico

Not sure where you are getting your information. It is a generous final salary scheme 1/40th of annual salary for each year of contribution compared for the norm for such schemes as 1/60th.

It is a voluntary scheme and not all MPs take advantage of it. Doubt if Dennis Skinner will get much out of his pension as you can only claim it once you are at retirement age once you cease to be an MP.

Poor Dennis was well into he 80’s when he lost his seat.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Prince Harry has quit... on 17:02 - Jan 9 with 760 viewsmanchego

Prince Harry has quit... on 13:50 - Jan 9 by J2BLUE

Can't believe i'm saying this but my attitude to the monarchy has changed significantly recently. I had been a strong republican up until the last couple of years when my attitude slowly began to change. I always mocked people who said things like "imagine President Cameron" as a defence of the monarchy but now it would be President Johnson and I get it now. It would be awful. We live in dangerous times and we've recently seen how racism can come out of the shadows. I don't really agree with royalty in principle but I think i'd rather the security of the queen > Charles > William who all seem decent people with the right priorities over an elected head of state. Climate change is another reason it would be better to retain someone likes Charles rather than give more power to someone like Johnson. I'm sure he can have a big impact on world leaders.

So yes, i've sacrificed my everyone is equal principle for practical reasons which has even surprised me but right now it seems best that they remain. Especially if we are going to see a much slimmed down royal family.

I'm with you on this.
Any monarchy is unjustifiable ... but ... elections give us what ?
Don't say democracy because elections as they are now are not fit for purpose. ( gerrymandering / chads / Russian interference / thousands of poor black Americans routinely being removed from electoral rolls / fake news / bots / Big Red busses making big promises / Laura fkn Kuensberger)

I used to be all for elected Presidents but we have elected Governments and look what happened.

However, maybe that's just me not liking who we vote for. If everything was fair and honest maybe I still wouldn't like who we vote for. And I don't think we should have the system that only gives us what I like. ( I would but that's not the point )

Charles and Wills seem to me to be a much better prospect than President Farage.
Having said that I still really object to the idea of a monarchy.
Login to get fewer ads

Prince Harry has quit... on 17:18 - Jan 9 with 748 viewsmanchego

Prince Harry has quit... on 13:31 - Jan 9 by HARRY10

For all the bleating of the forelock tugging subjects this is little more than a case of a pair who want all the rights without the rssposibilities.

If the 'want out' then let then get out fiully. Renounce any titles and income that comes from being part of the royal family.Pay their way and then 'do their thing'.

Whereas the simply reality is they have no intention of doing such - hence the condemnation and accusations of hypocricy. Accusations that are not nullified by whines about how they should be free to choose etc.

And spare us the guff about how they should be respected and words such as ginger Tom and Mrs Sparkle should not be used. Not all of us are still trapped in some golden age of deference.

the argument is not about the freedom to choose, but what they are choosing. A number of MPs stood down at the last election. They then cannot expect to be paid an MP's salary and claim expenses while not doing an MPs job.

Either chuck it all in, or accept the deal and earn your money.

Harry,
You are wading chin deep into something you have no clue about.
I would guess that they would happily give up all of the titles and income. They are both loaded.
She was already loaded. He was loaded after Diana died. His Gran is estimated to personally own half a billion quid.

You said "earn your money"

They already have more money than you can imagine.

Fun fact : The British royal family is collectively worth an estimated $88 billion
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 18:11]
Prince Harry has quit... on 17:21 - Jan 9 with 739 viewsHARRY10

Prince Harry has quit... on 16:23 - Jan 9 by Sikamikanico

so if you are an MP who decides to stand down you still retain all the income and perks but you are no longer required to carry out the work required of an MP

how quaint, the world you live in is
Prince Harry has quit... on 17:50 - Jan 9 with 711 viewsTractorWood

Prince Harry has quit... on 16:04 - Jan 9 by giant_stow

Sorry if anyone's posted this already, but their security (and it's cost) are now being reviewed: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/meghan-markle-prince-harry-scotland-yard-a433

'The undisclosed cost of guarding the royal family as a whole is estimated to be more than £100 million a year'

Jesus wept. That's 2,000 coppers.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Prince Harry has quit... on 17:52 - Jan 9 with 704 viewsvapour_trail

Prince Harry has quit... on 17:50 - Jan 9 by TractorWood

'The undisclosed cost of guarding the royal family as a whole is estimated to be more than £100 million a year'

Jesus wept. That's 2,000 coppers.

Yeah but tourism and sh1t alternatives.

Bow down, peasant.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Prince Harry has quit... on 17:53 - Jan 9 with 700 viewsvapour_trail

Prince Harry has quit... on 14:49 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

Good for you brother.
Remember, our Head of State enjoys a power that politicians envy and that's why they want to get rid of the monarchy, so they can have it all for themselves. Our current system of a constitutional monarchy is the best we can have, and part of the reason for that it is it wasn't designed but slowly evolved.

Sorry, which politicians are suggesting this?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Prince Harry has quit... on 18:03 - Jan 9 with 690 viewsblueconscience

Prince Harry has quit... on 19:26 - Jan 8 by jas0999

As expected by many, Meghan has been a disaster for The Royal Family. she seems to be calling the shots.

Strip them of everything and see if they can get by On minimum wage.

She will be in demand, So I doubt =they will have to live on the minimum wage.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Meanwhile on 00:07 - Jan 10 with 599 viewsjeera

No messing about here then:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-51055157

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Prince Harry has quit... on 07:54 - Jan 10 with 531 viewsCoastalblue

Prince Harry has quit... on 15:04 - Jan 9 by HARRY10

How do you know they are?

Not how it reads so far

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Prince Harry has quit... on 10:14 - Jan 10 with 504 viewsHARRY10

Prince Harry has quit... on 17:18 - Jan 9 by manchego

Harry,
You are wading chin deep into something you have no clue about.
I would guess that they would happily give up all of the titles and income. They are both loaded.
She was already loaded. He was loaded after Diana died. His Gran is estimated to personally own half a billion quid.

You said "earn your money"

They already have more money than you can imagine.

Fun fact : The British royal family is collectively worth an estimated $88 billion
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 18:11]

eh ?

Pointing out what is known is hardly 'wading in chin deep'.

Mrs Sparkle is not loaded, and as you say ginger tom is going to be dependent upon the royal purse. If he has these vast suns then why ponce off the state to 'do up' Frogmore House. Why state that they will be 'moving towards financial independence' ?

If they have the money you claim then why not simply renounce the various titles and baubles and go it alone (financially) straight away ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024