Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prince Harry has quit... 18:53 - Jan 8 with 8703 viewsSitfcB

...as, er, a Prince.

Is that allowed?

That’ll be Meghan’s doing.

[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 18:54]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Prince Harry has quit... on 23:25 - Jan 8 with 1278 viewsElderGrizzly

Prince Harry has quit... on 20:30 - Jan 8 by itfcjoe

Pretty punchy statement from the Queen in regards to this

Yeah, not happy.

“Discussions with The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are at an early stage. We understand their desire to take a different approach, but these are complicated issues that will take time to work through”

Apparently she found out via TV and wasn’t told before
Prince Harry has quit... on 23:33 - Jan 8 with 1263 viewsStokieBlue

Kings have quit being kings, of course it's allowed.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Prince Harry has quit... on 23:54 - Jan 8 with 1238 viewsjeera

Prince Harry has quit... on 19:26 - Jan 8 by jas0999

As expected by many, Meghan has been a disaster for The Royal Family. she seems to be calling the shots.

Strip them of everything and see if they can get by On minimum wage.

How would that work I wonder, legally I mean.

Is there some law that says she could have her millions taken away by the State and be forced onto minimum wage?
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 23:54]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Prince Harry has quit... on 00:00 - Jan 9 with 1221 viewsRyorry

Good for them.

Can't believe the abuse they're getting just for trying to do the right thing - shows they can't win whatever they say or do.

For years some critics have been saying " I admire the Queen but slim the RF down, let those who aren't the immediate heirs earn their own keep".

Then when a couple of them state their intention to do just that, they get slagged off by those very same critics

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Prince Harry has quit... on 00:08 - Jan 9 with 1209 viewsjeera

Prince Harry has quit... on 00:00 - Jan 9 by Ryorry

Good for them.

Can't believe the abuse they're getting just for trying to do the right thing - shows they can't win whatever they say or do.

For years some critics have been saying " I admire the Queen but slim the RF down, let those who aren't the immediate heirs earn their own keep".

Then when a couple of them state their intention to do just that, they get slagged off by those very same critics

I'm not sure they're the same critics.

It seems to be royalists who are upset the RF are gradually being broken up. I'm all for it myself and fall strongly into the camp of respecting the Queen but wishing the line would stop there.

I do take on board though those who have said the timing seems a bit off; i.e. following a tax paid for sodding wedding et al. Also this stuff going on can't be good for the old girl in her 90s.

That aside and considering them as people, I wish them the best. As others point out, he's not in the running for the throne anyway and I'm not sure he'd even want it if he could.

Yep, slimming down the RF and its running costs sounds good. Maybe one or two of the unnecessary monster, prestigious properties could be sold off* too with the funds going to help house people who have nothing.

*Or opened strictly for tourists and functions etc if enough money could be generated from that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Prince Harry has quit... on 00:18 - Jan 9 with 1198 viewsStokieBlue

Prince Harry has quit... on 19:26 - Jan 8 by jas0999

As expected by many, Meghan has been a disaster for The Royal Family. she seems to be calling the shots.

Strip them of everything and see if they can get by On minimum wage.

You mean strip her of her own independent wealth she had before she married?

What a load of tripe. Some people on this forum need to take a long look at themselves.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Prince Harry has quit... on 06:23 - Jan 9 with 1126 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Prince Harry has quit... on 20:11 - Jan 8 by HARRY10

really ?

some old slapper who spent all that summer playing cat and mouse with the press, whilst abadoning Juan Carlos junior and ginger Tom

if this had been a girl off an Ipswich xouncil estate little would have been said, and she would have been treated after her death as the slapper was the months before her death - and the advice would be don't get into a car with a pi ssed driver

as to ginger James giving up his job he won't be giving up the government hand out and both know the US is a soft touch for royalty as even Fergie is treated as some kind of fairy princess rather than a money grubbing sponger

Juan Carlos jnr kicking out three spogs means ginger is very unlikely to get near the throne, so he has merely stated that he still wants all the perks without the works (ie a job)

What a lovely chap you are

Nearly as good as the time you were recently calling ex-professional footballer with a Hollywood actress wife Jordan Spence a loser

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Prince Harry has quit... on 06:28 - Jan 9 with 1126 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Good on him, echo the views of others here that I can’t blame him after what happened with his mother. Obviously being a royal has brought many financial privileges but comparing him with people struggling on minimum wage completely fails to take into account that being a royal and their profile comes with a whole different set of pressures and issues

Some very thinly veiled sexist undertones in this thread too (at best, some could be ground in other prejudices too...)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Prince Harry has quit... on 07:47 - Jan 9 with 1073 viewsGlasgowBlue

Prince Harry has quit... on 23:16 - Jan 8 by HARRY10

It's not so much 'bailing out' as draft dodging.

If him and Sparkle think they can 'make a go off it' then drop the Prince stuff, stop poncing money off the tax payer and make your own way as those who have to pay for you are obliged to do.

If not then spare us all the self pity about how appallingly awful it all is, and reflect on how different your life is to those on zero hours contracts, those working but still having to use foodbanks, and those who may be concerned about climate change but don;t have the means to take numerous private flights to tell another bunch of well heeled hobbyists how awful it all jolly well is.

So grow up ginge and either walk away from the lot, or shut up whining.

You’re very bitter aren’t you?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Prince Harry has quit... on 08:04 - Jan 9 with 1044 viewsDanTheMan

Prince Harry has quit... on 07:47 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

You’re very bitter aren’t you?

I can understand why people might be a bit miffed they are quitting after some fairly elaborate ceremonies and for Harry a rather privileged upbringing.

However, at least for Harry, it's never seemed like it was something he ever wanted, and his mother's death took a large toll on him. So I can't say I'm too surprised that he just wants to pack it all in, I imagine if it was truly up to him then he wouldn't have had a state wedding in the first place.

Good for him and her really. As a few others have said in the thread, have strong respect for the Queen but otherwise I think we're getting to the stage now that a Monarchy is really not at all necessary in the modern age.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Prince Harry has quit... on 08:06 - Jan 9 with 1034 viewsSwansea_Blue

Prince Harry has quit... on 19:10 - Jan 8 by jeera

She has been successful in her own right, this is true.

As you say though, they still will have a decent whack from his family background too of course and won't be downsizing on too much anytime soon.

Is this the beginning of the end for the outdated concept?

“Is this the beginning of the end for the outdated concept?”

Nah, he’s just signed a new 5 year deal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Prince Harry has quit... on 08:30 - Jan 9 with 1004 viewsvapour_trail

Prince Harry has quit... on 08:04 - Jan 9 by DanTheMan

I can understand why people might be a bit miffed they are quitting after some fairly elaborate ceremonies and for Harry a rather privileged upbringing.

However, at least for Harry, it's never seemed like it was something he ever wanted, and his mother's death took a large toll on him. So I can't say I'm too surprised that he just wants to pack it all in, I imagine if it was truly up to him then he wouldn't have had a state wedding in the first place.

Good for him and her really. As a few others have said in the thread, have strong respect for the Queen but otherwise I think we're getting to the stage now that a Monarchy is really not at all necessary in the modern age.

I think they probably had a say in the rather expensive upgrades to the official (uk) residence shortly before quitting the work side of the deal.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Prince Harry has quit... on 08:30 - Jan 9 with 1003 viewsGlasgowBlue

“Some old slapper”, “sparkle”, “ginger Tom”, “ginger James”, Juan Carlos Jnr”, “so grow up ginge”.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 8:31]

Iron Lion Zion

Prince Harry has quit... on 08:54 - Jan 9 with 965 viewsitfcjoe

Doesn't spund like it has been done very well - Queen found out after statement released and is very sad, Wills and Charles are raging. Also they still want Frogmore Cottage which has just had a £2.5m refurb.

Civil War in the Royal Family apparently, not a good look

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Prince Harry has quit... on 08:55 - Jan 9 with 964 viewsDanTheMan

Prince Harry has quit... on 08:30 - Jan 9 by vapour_trail

I think they probably had a say in the rather expensive upgrades to the official (uk) residence shortly before quitting the work side of the deal.

Probably, I'm not going to pretend to know whether that is just something that happens on a routine basis or not.

Maybe they thought they were gonna give it a proper go and then decided afterwards that actually it's not worth it for all the niceties.

Trying to think that's it's not malice that's been intended here, even if it comes across ungrateful.

Prince Harry has quit... on 08:56 - Jan 9 with 956 viewsDanTheMan

Prince Harry has quit... on 08:30 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

“Some old slapper”, “sparkle”, “ginger Tom”, “ginger James”, Juan Carlos Jnr”, “so grow up ginge”.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 8:31]

Oh yeah that's stuff just offensive nonsense, I was talking more about other people in the thread who had put it way more eloquently and hadn't resorted to that.

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:22 - Jan 9 with 928 viewsGlasgowBlue

Prince Harry has quit... on 08:54 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

Doesn't spund like it has been done very well - Queen found out after statement released and is very sad, Wills and Charles are raging. Also they still want Frogmore Cottage which has just had a £2.5m refurb.

Civil War in the Royal Family apparently, not a good look

Wanting Frogmore does rather smack of wanting your cake and eating it.

Whilst respecting Harry and Meghan’s decision to semi retire from Riyal duties, the fact that this wasn’t discussed with the Palace is out of order imo.

Iron Lion Zion

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:34 - Jan 9 with 905 viewsitfcjoe

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:22 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

Wanting Frogmore does rather smack of wanting your cake and eating it.

Whilst respecting Harry and Meghan’s decision to semi retire from Riyal duties, the fact that this wasn’t discussed with the Palace is out of order imo.

Yep, the equivalent of sticking your resignation out there before telling your boss.

Whether it is Meghan being the reason or not, the relationship between Harry and his family has massively deteriotated since he's been with here - wasn't that long ago that Harry, Will and Kate were all living together and doing everything together where it wouldn't be a surprise if it is Harry and Kate turning up for something without William.

Meghan always going to bear the brunt for that as he's gone from party boy and good lad to being under the thumb.

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:40 - Jan 9 with 890 viewschicoazul

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:34 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

Yep, the equivalent of sticking your resignation out there before telling your boss.

Whether it is Meghan being the reason or not, the relationship between Harry and his family has massively deteriotated since he's been with here - wasn't that long ago that Harry, Will and Kate were all living together and doing everything together where it wouldn't be a surprise if it is Harry and Kate turning up for something without William.

Meghan always going to bear the brunt for that as he's gone from party boy and good lad to being under the thumb.

Meghan is going to bear the brunt of it because she is a black American woman.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:49 - Jan 9 with 862 viewsitfcjoe

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:40 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

Meghan is going to bear the brunt of it because she is a black American woman.

Such a simplistic viewpoint on it - I agree a lot of the stick she gets is part of that but ultimately her being with Harry has led to this and it will be unpopular

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:54 - Jan 9 with 856 viewschicoazul

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:49 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

Such a simplistic viewpoint on it - I agree a lot of the stick she gets is part of that but ultimately her being with Harry has led to this and it will be unpopular

How big a part, do you think? It's very telling in the (admittedly small) discussions I have seen and heard so far on this it's been all about her corrupting our Top Bantz Legend Prince and turning him into a wimp rather than thinking it may be nothing at all to do with her. Racism and misogyny is so ingrained in our culture and lots of people have watched The Crown so are now experts in fancy Yank divorcees coming over here and stealing our royals. It's utterly pathetic.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:56 - Jan 9 with 852 viewsDanTheMan

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:54 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

How big a part, do you think? It's very telling in the (admittedly small) discussions I have seen and heard so far on this it's been all about her corrupting our Top Bantz Legend Prince and turning him into a wimp rather than thinking it may be nothing at all to do with her. Racism and misogyny is so ingrained in our culture and lots of people have watched The Crown so are now experts in fancy Yank divorcees coming over here and stealing our royals. It's utterly pathetic.

I agree.

Maybe he's just grown up a little? Not exactly a crazy thing to happen to someone.

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:58 - Jan 9 with 849 viewschicoazul

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:56 - Jan 9 by DanTheMan

I agree.

Maybe he's just grown up a little? Not exactly a crazy thing to happen to someone.

People don't like it when people change. All this garbage about how awful she is, is ingrained in something our country just cannot rid itself of.
Kate lovely Meghan bad. I wonder why?

Prince Harry has quit... on 10:01 - Jan 9 with 842 viewsitfcjoe

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:56 - Jan 9 by DanTheMan

I agree.

If I have a mate who meets a girlfriend and goes from being someone who is out all the time and really sociable to a recluse then I'll blame the partner - surely only natural?

He's obviously a part of it, the main part no doubt as there isn't a gun to his head - but it isn't because she is a Black American, it's that he's changed and she's the catalyst for it

Prince Harry has quit... on 10:03 - Jan 9 with 835 viewsRyorry

Prince Harry has quit... on 09:34 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

Nobody knows what ges on in private, the family rift isn't necessarily down to her, and it's presumptious in the extreme to make comments like him now "being under the thumb".

The abuse they're getting here, on other social media, and msm, just for doing what they believe to be right for themselves, their kids, the future of the monarchy (and their chosen charities as well) highlights exactly why they want out. We say on here that we always support people with mental health issues, so I think it's hypocritical by some (not saying you) to not even consider what pressures they are feeling from this point of view & regarding their childrens' futures too.

As for not telling the Queen & William in advance - ideally they should have of course, but again who knows the pressures they felt - maybe they feared they'd be talked out of it & simply didn't want to take that risk.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024