Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The simple facts!!!! 16:00 - Feb 2 with 1815 viewsChurchman75

Biggest player budget In League 1
Highest paid manager in League 1
Spend most on our academy in league 1

We may have the best squad but far from the best starting XI

Whoever we have in charge the issue is the snake who owns the club

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

The simple facts!!!! on 16:11 - Feb 2 with 1770 viewsMrTown

Disagree, when you see teams like Coventry, Peterborough and Doncaster come here and play dynamic, exciting, front foot football. It is shown it can be done on a budget, it’s about recruitment, the philosophy and coaching of the staff.

However, the budget needs to be loosened. When KVY is 500k, Dembele 200k, Kent 350k, there is market to build a team on a relatively small budget.

Not enough knowledgeable football men at the club.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The simple facts!!!! on 16:13 - Feb 2 with 1751 viewsDennyx4

I keep hearing we have the best squad, I am not sure that is true. Agree we probably have the highest paid squad/Manager though.

The squad is still unbalanced, which I believe has led to the system we are playing at present. There are definitely gaps and areas in the squad/team that we could improve on.
The simple facts!!!! on 16:20 - Feb 2 with 1724 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

The simple facts!!!! on 16:13 - Feb 2 by Dennyx4

I keep hearing we have the best squad, I am not sure that is true. Agree we probably have the highest paid squad/Manager though.

The squad is still unbalanced, which I believe has led to the system we are playing at present. There are definitely gaps and areas in the squad/team that we could improve on.

A striker coach is definitely needed -just pop to Peterborough n get theirs -their conveyerbelt of strikers funds the club
The simple facts!!!! on 16:27 - Feb 2 with 1701 viewsDennyx4

The simple facts!!!! on 16:20 - Feb 2 by BtreeBlueBlood

A striker coach is definitely needed -just pop to Peterborough n get theirs -their conveyerbelt of strikers funds the club

The system we currently play relies on the attacking midfielder to be a goal threat, be able to commit players and be your best player on the pitch.

Mick Mills summarising after the game (I know some dont like him), stated the biggest difference was the Peterborough number 10 Szmodics. He stated that the role required a player that would commit defences by running at them, be a goal threat and should be your most creative player.

We both played the exact same system and style, yet we had no cutting edge. Judge was tried in the no.10 role and unfortunately similar to Douglas, he no longer has the legs to play at the level we need him to, We then tried Keane in that role and didnt work, and then Sears again not working.
The simple facts!!!! on 16:41 - Feb 2 with 1645 viewsm14_blue

Assuming those 3 ‘facts’ are true (I’d be amazed if we have a bigger budget than Sunderland) then how on earth do you come to the conclusion that Evans is the problem?
The simple facts!!!! on 16:43 - Feb 2 with 1635 viewsreusersfreekicks

The simple facts!!!! on 16:41 - Feb 2 by m14_blue

Assuming those 3 ‘facts’ are true (I’d be amazed if we have a bigger budget than Sunderland) then how on earth do you come to the conclusion that Evans is the problem?

Very very good point
The simple facts!!!! on 16:52 - Feb 2 with 1602 viewsOxford_Blue

How do you know what Lambert is paid?
The simple facts!!!! on 17:23 - Feb 2 with 1517 viewsITFC_Forever

The simple facts!!!! on 16:27 - Feb 2 by Dennyx4

The system we currently play relies on the attacking midfielder to be a goal threat, be able to commit players and be your best player on the pitch.

Mick Mills summarising after the game (I know some dont like him), stated the biggest difference was the Peterborough number 10 Szmodics. He stated that the role required a player that would commit defences by running at them, be a goal threat and should be your most creative player.

We both played the exact same system and style, yet we had no cutting edge. Judge was tried in the no.10 role and unfortunately similar to Douglas, he no longer has the legs to play at the level we need him to, We then tried Keane in that role and didnt work, and then Sears again not working.

Szmodics was number 9, Dembele was number 10.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

The simple facts!!!! on 17:25 - Feb 2 with 1504 viewsDennyx4

The simple facts!!!! on 17:23 - Feb 2 by ITFC_Forever

Szmodics was number 9, Dembele was number 10.

I meant position on the pitch rather than squad number.

Szmodics played the number 10 role with anumber 9 shirt on his back.
The simple facts!!!! on 17:29 - Feb 2 with 1485 viewsPecker

I imagine only one of them may be true. Biggest budget X. Highest paid manager X. Academy ?
The simple facts!!!! on 17:36 - Feb 2 with 1451 viewsElephantintheRoom

The one thing you need to remember is that Town got relegated by a country mile and are overpaying poor players with a highly developed sense of entitlement. Its a bit like expecting all those ex-Prem teams in the bottom half of the Championship to expect to be in the top half simply because they make the mistake of paying poor plaeyers too much for too long.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The simple facts!!!! on 20:19 - Feb 2 with 1269 viewsArnieM

...,,,” Biggest player budget In League 1
Highest paid manager in League 1
Spend most on our academy in league 1 ......”

This can’t be right can it , because Evans doesn’t put his hand in his pocket , the tight fisted git!?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The simple facts!!!! on 20:36 - Feb 2 with 1200 viewsOxford_Blue

The simple facts!!!! on 16:43 - Feb 2 by reusersfreekicks

Very very good point

Indeed.

QED.
The simple facts!!!! on 20:40 - Feb 2 with 1193 viewsOxford_Blue

I think you’ve just defeated yourself in your own argument there.
The simple facts!!!! on 20:45 - Feb 2 with 1184 viewsSwansea_Blue

“Snake” is a bit harsh!

Just someone who’s struggling to run a football club, but I’m sure he means well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024