Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. 08:21 - Feb 3 with 10316 viewsartsbossbeard

As I sat on my lonesome for the second half Saturday as my match companions had decided to bin it off and go the pub instead, I found myself contemplating next season and the stars-colliding inevitability of another season in this league.

After 20+ years a season ticket holder, I'm officially wavering. I've no affiliation with my allotted seat and I'm contemplating a pick & choose approach to the start of the season with a half ticket renewal at Christmas should we stay where we are.

Worse Town fan me.

As an aside, I went and watched my mates lad play footy yesterday morning, I broached the above with him and he had been thinking exactly the same. 25+ years him.

Is it just us two??
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 8:27]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:40 - Feb 3 with 1703 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:31 - Feb 3 by MrTown

They just battered us 4-1 on our own turf, and truly battered.

They have a young, dynamic squad with style and identity.

No major signings, but shrewd investment from an owner that is openly involved and interactive owner all whilst on half the crowd size!!

I would suggest they are streets ahead.

We have an almost identical record over a similar number of games! Nobody is “streets ahead” of anybody.

They have a few decent players, most of which will be sold in the Summer. Again very similar to us.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:50 - Feb 3 with 1686 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:40 - Feb 3 by PrideOfTheEast

We have an almost identical record over a similar number of games! Nobody is “streets ahead” of anybody.

They have a few decent players, most of which will be sold in the Summer. Again very similar to us.

Peterborough are streets ahead of us. Most Town like yourself are still living in the past that we are ‘big club’.

We are not, we are little club, with little club ambitions.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:59 - Feb 3 with 1667 viewsitfcjoe

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:50 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Peterborough are streets ahead of us. Most Town like yourself are still living in the past that we are ‘big club’.

Don’t be silly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:01 - Feb 3 with 1655 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:59 - Feb 3 by itfcjoe

Don’t be silly

Show me our ambition then Joe?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:19 - Feb 3 with 1627 viewsitfcjoe

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:01 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Show me our ambition then Joe?

One of the biggest budgets in the league, still a Cat 2 academy (how many outside top 2 tiers) for a start.

We aren’t as ambitious as I’d like us to be, but to say Pboro are streets ahead as a club is a joke

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:24 - Feb 3 with 1607 viewsitfc_bucks

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:51 - Feb 3 by chicoazul

We were supposed to have a long brutal inquest at the end of last season and now look.

Except we didn't.

It was all "100 points, 100 goals" nonsense.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:31 - Feb 3 with 1604 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:19 - Feb 3 by itfcjoe

One of the biggest budgets in the league, still a Cat 2 academy (how many outside top 2 tiers) for a start.

We aren’t as ambitious as I’d like us to be, but to say Pboro are streets ahead as a club is a joke

Our budget is £0.00, we may have one of the largest wage bills in the league, but that’s not reflective of the quality on the pitch at all.

I think the academy is fantastic, and the only man worth his salt at the club right now is Bryan Klugg.

Not reflective with first opportunity at the moment though, too much deadwood in the way.

Compare squads, that shows the difference in ambition and status of club.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 20:32]

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:40 - Feb 3 with 1590 viewsitfcjoe

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:31 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Our budget is £0.00, we may have one of the largest wage bills in the league, but that’s not reflective of the quality on the pitch at all.

I think the academy is fantastic, and the only man worth his salt at the club right now is Bryan Klugg.

Not reflective with first opportunity at the moment though, too much deadwood in the way.

Compare squads, that shows the difference in ambition and status of club.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 20:32]

If you honestly think Pboro are ‘streets ahead’ of us as a football club then there is no point engaging any further

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:42 - Feb 3 with 1581 viewsPJH

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:40 - Feb 3 by itfcjoe

If you honestly think Pboro are ‘streets ahead’ of us as a football club then there is no point engaging any further

He will contradict himself in two weeks or less, he always does.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:25 - Feb 3 with 1523 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:42 - Feb 3 by PJH

He will contradict himself in two weeks or less, he always does.

PJH...PJH... nope, never heard of ya, another nothing fan piping up on the socials whilst sitting in his armchair.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:27 - Feb 3 with 1521 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:40 - Feb 3 by itfcjoe

I asked for you to show me how they aren’t...
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 22:27]

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:44 - Feb 3 with 1513 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:22 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Stay piping up on the socials behind a keyboard and anonymous forum, it’s a reflection of yourself.

It’s not a routine, it’s a fact, home and away, rain or shine.

Where as you take your blanket and picnic to Portman Road!

So fickle.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:45 - Feb 3 with 1505 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:44 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

So fickle.

Silence Herbivore, your opinion is irrelevant.

No credibility, tinpot fan.

You will now be called Picnic and Blanket you snowflake.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:48 - Feb 3 with 1489 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:45 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Silence Herbivore, your opinion is irrelevant.

No credibility, tinpot fan.

You will now be called Picnic and Blanket you snowflake.

Keyboard warrior, piping up on the socials.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:52 - Feb 3 with 1478 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:48 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

Keyboard warrior, piping up on the socials.

Silence P&B, I won’t tell you again.

You are irrelevant on this forum.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:55 - Feb 3 with 1469 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:52 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Silence P&B, I won’t tell you again.

You are irrelevant on this forum.

Giving it Johnny Large Parcels all over the socials. Classic armchair fan.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 23:28 - Feb 3 with 1442 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:55 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

Giving it Johnny Large Parcels all over the socials. Classic armchair fan.

Home and Away me.

You’re Home, couple of local away games, the rest spend on TWTD.

P&B is the typical Ipswich plastic.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:34 - Feb 4 with 1366 viewsitfcjoe

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 22:27 - Feb 3 by MrTown

I asked for you to show me how they aren’t...
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 22:27]

There are none so blind as those who cannot see

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:48 - Feb 4 with 1353 viewsportmanking

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 20:19 - Feb 3 by itfcjoe

Totally agree that Posh aren't lightyears ahead of us.

In essence, it all boils down to how we're USING that big budget (by League 1 standards). We're clearly overpaying on wages for various underperforming players that simply aren't good enough to take us forward.

We need to be spending what precious funds we do have available to us much more thriftily, which is probably where Posh are doing well i.e. spending more on transfer fees and less on wages to bring in lower league talent that's ready to make the step up.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:50 - Feb 4 with 1346 viewstractorboy1978

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:50 - Feb 3 by MrTown

They aren't streets ahead of us but are in danger of becoming another smaller club that over take us. They are cleverer than us in the transfer market and have a clearer structure, plan and business model. As have many smaller clubs that have catapulted ahead of us over the years - Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Sheff Utd, Brighton, Swansea, Brentford.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:02 - Feb 4 with 1333 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:34 - Feb 4 by itfcjoe

There are none so blind as those who cannot see

Ermmm..... Ok Shakespeare.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:06 - Feb 4 with 1329 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 23:28 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Home and Away me.

You’re Home, couple of local away games, the rest spend on TWTD.

P&B is the typical Ipswich plastic.

Go easy on the beers on a Monday, keyboard.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024