Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. 08:21 - Feb 3 with 10363 viewsartsbossbeard

As I sat on my lonesome for the second half Saturday as my match companions had decided to bin it off and go the pub instead, I found myself contemplating next season and the stars-colliding inevitability of another season in this league.

After 20+ years a season ticket holder, I'm officially wavering. I've no affiliation with my allotted seat and I'm contemplating a pick & choose approach to the start of the season with a half ticket renewal at Christmas should we stay where we are.

Worse Town fan me.

As an aside, I went and watched my mates lad play footy yesterday morning, I broached the above with him and he had been thinking exactly the same. 25+ years him.

Is it just us two??
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 8:27]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:56 - Feb 3 with 4104 viewsfactual_blue

Even though I re-qualify for a senior discount next season, I'm not returning. Even if we're promoted.

We're in the inexorable decline being shared by all but about ten of the ninety-two clubs.

And of course a perfect metaphor for brexit Britain.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:05 - Feb 3 with 4073 viewsBlue_Order

If it wasn’t for the group I probably wouldn’t bother with a ST next year, I’d just pick & choose games.

Maybe we’ll be able to move into the middle next season though, if you’re all bailing out. Be nobody left to moan about flags blocking their view either
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:17 - Feb 3 with 4051 viewsMrTown

I love the club, it is my life forever, but you can't keep paying money into the way it is being run at the moment from the top down.

The club is rotten throughout.

Have followed Town home and away for years, even under the turgid end of McCarthy.

Won't be renewing next year.

If Evans doesn't put any investment in, the fans shouldn't be expected to either.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:21 - Feb 3 with 4019 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:17 - Feb 3 by MrTown

I love the club, it is my life forever, but you can't keep paying money into the way it is being run at the moment from the top down.

Have followed Town home and away for years, even under the turgid end of McCarthy.

If Evans doesn't put any investment in, the fans shouldn't be expected to either.

He does put significant investment in though doesn't he. Millions thrown away ever year.

If your argument is along the lines of we're going backwards with our current owner and structure people will surely be more understanding.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 10:40]
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:24 - Feb 3 with 4011 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:21 - Feb 3 by PrideOfTheEast

He does put significant investment in though doesn't he. Millions thrown away ever year.

If your argument is along the lines of we're going backwards with our current owner and structure people will surely be more understanding.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 10:40]

He meets his liabilities, that's his legal obligation when buying the club.

Don't think that can be called investment into the development of the club.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:24 - Feb 3 with 4009 viewsSomethingBlue

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:51 - Feb 3 by chicoazul

We were supposed to have a long brutal inquest at the end of last season and now look.

Of course but it's going to get a zillion times worse if we don't go up this year. Won't be any chance of getting back up for a long, long time without some really shrewd management (yes, exactly). This season there is still a chance to do it with this group of players, despite everything.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:28 - Feb 3 with 3996 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:24 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Whatever we call it he's put many tens of millions into the club and he'll never get that back. More than anybody in the history of Ipswich he's financially contributed.

For a supporter, who will be here long after he's gone, not to pay a few hundred quid for a season ticket in protest to that is a little odd to me but each to their own.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:30 - Feb 3 with 3993 viewspointofblue

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:50 - Feb 3 by Kieran_Knows

The going for a beer is more the social side of meeting up with several mates every other week, than having to have a few beers to watch the game (although it certainly has helped throughout the years)!

The social side is the reason why I still go. If it wasn’t for that I would have probably quit under Mick.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:32 - Feb 3 with 3986 viewsKieran_Knows

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:30 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

The social side is the reason why I still go. If it wasn’t for that I would have probably quit under Mick.

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:40 - Feb 3 with 3965 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:28 - Feb 3 by PrideOfTheEast

Whatever we call it he's put many tens of millions into the club and he'll never get that back. More than anybody in the history of Ipswich he's financially contributed.

For a supporter, who will be here long after he's gone, not to pay a few hundred quid for a season ticket in protest to that is a little odd to me but each to their own.

Too right, he employs people, that is his legal obligation when he bought the club.

But he is not investing anything into the development and future of Ipswich, so why should any fan be expected to...?

And I am not talking about £millions, but when you see Dembele - 200k from Grimsby, Smzomdics and Frankie Kent have been 10 minutes up the road for 4 years with KVY, who is really making any logical footballing decisions at the club that warrants fans investing in the future..... Lee O'Neill? Paul Lambert? Dave Bowman?....

The only man worth his salt at the club is Bryan Klugg.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:43 - Feb 3 with 3960 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:40 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Too right, he employs people, that is his legal obligation when he bought the club.

But he is not investing anything into the development and future of Ipswich, so why should any fan be expected to...?

And I am not talking about £millions, but when you see Dembele - 200k from Grimsby, Smzomdics and Frankie Kent have been 10 minutes up the road for 4 years with KVY, who is really making any logical footballing decisions at the club that warrants fans investing in the future..... Lee O'Neill? Paul Lambert? Dave Bowman?....

The only man worth his salt at the club is Bryan Klugg.

To say he's not investing anything into the club is ridiculous, and clearly not true. Whether it's enough or not is a different conversation.

He's putting millions into the academy each year. Arguably our best two players at the moment have come through the academy.

Not sure what you mean by legal obligation but obviously he could step away if he wanted to, write off the debt and see what happens.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:47 - Feb 3 with 3952 viewsslump

I got a season ticket again this year in the belief that I'd see some decent football and us win more games than we didn't for a knock down price compared with the odd game I was going to when I fancied it. Again the social side has always been one of the main reasons for going as what was being served up was utter dross.

The reality of how it's turned out is that I'll probably miss 4 or 5 games this season due to holiday or malaise. Next season a few of us have said we might as well just get together every other Saturday for a social that isn't interrupted by disappointment.

UTT

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:57 - Feb 3 with 3938 viewsHarry_Palmer

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:24 - Feb 3 by SomethingBlue

Of course but it's going to get a zillion times worse if we don't go up this year. Won't be any chance of getting back up for a long, long time without some really shrewd management (yes, exactly). This season there is still a chance to do it with this group of players, despite everything.

But then what? Under Evans and Lambert there is an extremely high chance we will come straight back down again. The only benefit will be getting a slightly higher price for Downes and Woolfenden when they are inevitably sold, which would be swallowed up in the running costs of the club anyway.

Depressing times.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:58 - Feb 3 with 3934 viewsColchesterBlue1985

My mrs has just had our first baby together (my second) and I don’t mind missing precious time as it at this age when you get something in return but generally what has been served up at home this season has been mediocre. If we miss out on promotion (given the way we started) I will not be renewing next season, I will pick and choose the handful of games I want to go too. I’ve been home and away religiously since 92/93 and went 2/3 seasons on the bounce without missing a single game but no my love and passion for the club is almost at empty.

I still cannot get my head around the thinking of handing him a 5 year deal, didn’t make sense at the time doesn’t make sense now and won’t in the summer. Even if we got promoted (which was expected by many with the squad we had) all he would be doing is managing expectations. We were out of both cups before a ball was barely kicked (as per) the whole club is just a depressing place to visit.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 11:01 - Feb 3 with 3924 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:17 - Feb 3 by MrTown

What happened to your superfan routine?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 13:02 - Feb 3 with 3848 viewsMoisha

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:58 - Feb 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

My mrs has just had our first baby together (my second) and I don’t mind missing precious time as it at this age when you get something in return but generally what has been served up at home this season has been mediocre. If we miss out on promotion (given the way we started) I will not be renewing next season, I will pick and choose the handful of games I want to go too. I’ve been home and away religiously since 92/93 and went 2/3 seasons on the bounce without missing a single game but no my love and passion for the club is almost at empty.

I still cannot get my head around the thinking of handing him a 5 year deal, didn’t make sense at the time doesn’t make sense now and won’t in the summer. Even if we got promoted (which was expected by many with the squad we had) all he would be doing is managing expectations. We were out of both cups before a ball was barely kicked (as per) the whole club is just a depressing place to visit.

Probably going to give up my season ticket next season, not directly because of the football but because of the constant issues with the trains.

Travelling on the tube and then getting a replacement bus from Liv St is soul destroying, and can add 90 minutes to the journey.

I could drive but as others have said, I enjoy the social side and having a few sherbets before the game with mates.

Saturday was only my 5th home game this season, money can be better spent.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 15:24 - Feb 3 with 3775 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I’m struggling to justify it on personal grounds. We have 4 tickets but struggle to get to a number of the games. I renewed this season knowing this, primarily to show support to the Club, but being brutally honest next year I’ll just buy tickets when I can go

Poll: Our final position

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 15:42 - Feb 3 with 3761 viewsMullet

This thread makes for depressing reading. But it's pretty inevitable now the shine has been taken off this league for those that wanted it to be there.

You can sense it every game we go behind, that's what made Tranmere such a fun day out, it was a break from what had become the norm of the past two seasons.

A lot said last season would be it for them and they reneged, but I can't see finishing below top two and Lambert remaining being enough to keep many.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 18:02 - Feb 3 with 3693 viewstextbackup

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:51 - Feb 3 by artsbossbeard

Up & down the country, having a few beers and watching the game goes hand in hand, though.

I can't recall the last home game I went to without a drink taken aforehand.

I’ll be honest, I’ve come to realise that beer plus football, for me, sees me act an arsehole. No point me trying to pretend otherwise.
Hence why I limit that to 2/3 a season 😎

Clear head and atleast I know what I’ve done/said

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 18:20 - Feb 3 with 3676 viewslongtimefan

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:24 - Feb 3 by MrTown

There’s no legal obligation for him to invest in the club. You could argue he has a moral obligation but that’s about it. If he wanted he could withdrawn all his funding and we would have to downsize further so that our expenses matched income.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 18:21 - Feb 3 with 3671 viewsJDB23

Unlikely I'll renew even if we somehow manage to go up, unless something drastic happens. Get 0 enjoyment out of games any more, even on our unbeaten run at the start of the season I was pretty bored most games and they all feel like a chore to attend.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:19 - Feb 3 with 3622 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 10:43 - Feb 3 by PrideOfTheEast

To say he's not investing anything into the club is ridiculous, and clearly not true. Whether it's enough or not is a different conversation.

He's putting millions into the academy each year. Arguably our best two players at the moment have come through the academy.

Not sure what you mean by legal obligation but obviously he could step away if he wanted to, write off the debt and see what happens.

Well it’s clearly not enough. He keep the club a float, no more.

If clubs like Peterborough are streets ahead of us, and the gaps only going to get bigger, we might as well close the gates now.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:22 - Feb 3 with 3616 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 11:01 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

What happened to your superfan routine?

Stay piping up on the socials behind a keyboard and anonymous forum, it’s a reflection of yourself.

It’s not a routine, it’s a fact, home and away, rain or shine.

Where as you take your blanket and picnic to Portman Road!

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:26 - Feb 3 with 3609 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:19 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Well it’s clearly not enough. He keep the club a float, no more.

If clubs like Peterborough are streets ahead of us, and the gaps only going to get bigger, we might as well close the gates now.

They’re not and never will be streets ahead of us.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:31 - Feb 3 with 3600 viewsMrTown

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 19:26 - Feb 3 by PrideOfTheEast

They’re not and never will be streets ahead of us.

They just battered us 4-1 on our own turf, and truly battered.

They have a young, dynamic squad with style and identity.

No major signings, but shrewd investment from an owner that is openly involved and interactive owner all whilst on half the crowd size!!

I would suggest they are streets ahead.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024