Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... 08:07 - Feb 12 with 1134 viewsblueysbackside

Post your first ever TWTD, er, post in here including date and subject title.

I'll start off:

Mick's replacement ..... my three in no particular order
at 09:55 18 Jan 2017

Derek Adams (Plymouth)
Darrell Clarke (Bristol Rovers) and take his assistant Marcus Stewart with him
Uwe Rosler (Fleetwood)

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:10 - Feb 12 with 1107 viewsSteve_M

No fecking idea, it was in the mid-90s.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:14 - Feb 12 with 1086 viewsDubtractor

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:10 - Feb 12 by Steve_M

No fecking idea, it was in the mid-90s.

I bet Phil and Gav have them all catalogued.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty?

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:24 - Feb 12 with 1049 viewsGuthrum

Was at least two versions of the forum ago, long gone.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:27 - Feb 12 with 1033 viewsGuthrum

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:14 - Feb 12 by Dubtractor

I bet Phil and Gav have them all catalogued.

In big, dusty ledgers stored in a circle of magical protection in a nuclear-proof bunker deep below Laxfield.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:33 - Feb 12 with 1016 viewsDubtractor

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:27 - Feb 12 by Guthrum

In big, dusty ledgers stored in a circle of magical protection in a nuclear-proof bunker deep below Laxfield.

They are just waiting for the call from Cambridge Analytica.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty?

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:35 - Feb 12 with 1012 viewsSomethingBlue

Mine was after John Wark's testimonial - it must have been 1996 in that case - asking whether Bobby Petta was the new Georgi Kinkladze. I remember asking my dad if it was ok to post something on a message board!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:54 - Feb 12 with 988 viewsStuartBrett8

How do you find your first post, I scrolled through and it goes blank

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:56 - Feb 12 with 979 viewsPecker

I think I just said Hi. The inevitable questions followed.
Login to get fewer ads

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:16 - Feb 12 with 951 viewsChurchman

I don’t know. I’ve been a very intermittent poster, but I think the first was about 1999, the season before the play off win, when I had access to a decent work computer (mine was rubbish) and my employers at that time didn’t mind us accessing the internet as we were working with it every day.

I was probably depressed that we couldn’t get past play off semi finals. If only I’d known what football depression really was!!!

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:18 - Feb 12 with 941 viewsgainsboroughblue

Post history doesn't go back that far.

It was around 2000 and I wasnt Gainsborough then.

The site would have been managed by rivals as well I think.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:21 - Feb 12 with 927 viewsGlasgowBlue

19 March 2001

Something about Corbyn.

“A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable, who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles”.
Poll: The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:26 - Feb 12 with 901 viewsWeWereZombies

Fairly sure it was pre-Rivals but it felt much the same as it does now - like it is for Gabriel in this video...

Poll: Most unrealistic candidates to buy out Marcus Evans

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:36 - Feb 12 with 877 viewsSwansea_Blue

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 08:54 - Feb 12 by StuartBrett8

How do you find your first post, I scrolled through and it goes blank

Under your user name and then threads. This is the forst one recorded for you:

Celeb death 2017 sweepstake by StuartBrett8 2 Jan 2017 10:48
Elton John
Ozzy Osbourne
Ringo Starr
Kirk Douglas

But anything in a previous version of the site won't be there.

Poll: So then cake aficionados, which is your favourite part of Battenberg?

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:44 - Feb 12 with 855 viewsgainsboroughblue

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:36 - Feb 12 by Swansea_Blue

Elton John
Ozzy Osbourne
Ringo Starr
Kirk Douglas

I think it only goes back 5 years on this version.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Mine would have probably been early/mid 90's..... on 09:46 - Feb 12 with 846 viewsBloots

....pretty sure it was something about hoping that we "don't ever appoint that Motherwell midfielder as our manager, he looks like he'd be a fooking disaster"

I've never added anything of any value to the forum.

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:48 - Feb 12 with 842 viewsSwansea_Blue

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:18 - Feb 12 by gainsboroughblue

Post history doesn't go back that far.

It was around 2000 and I wasnt Gainsborough then.

The site would have been managed by rivals as well I think.

Yep, Rivals Ipswich Town message borad. Ah, TWTD.

There a re few pages accessible through Wayback machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20011101042800/ http://boards.rivals.net:80/default.asp?sid=911&p=16
(link doesn't work - copy and paste into a browser)

Use the blue button top right to cycle through the pages. I've found Chico and Chelters on the first couple of pages. I remember Ickworth_Blue too. I can't remember my user name back then; think it might have been Tote.

Update - Kerouac, Pinewood, Lucan, Vestanpance & Dalai (RIP) all on the next couple of pages after the one linked above. I remmeber Eifel65 as well.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 9:58]

Mine would have probably been early/mid 90's..... on 09:50 - Feb 12 with 829 viewsBluebell

Mine would have probably been early/mid 90's..... on 09:46 - Feb 12 by Bloots

....pretty sure it was something about hoping that we "don't ever appoint that Motherwell midfielder as our manager, he looks like he'd be a fooking disaster"

Motherwell?

How could you have forgotten he also played for Borussia Dortmund?
for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:59 - Feb 12 with 808 viewsStuartBrett8

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:36 - Feb 12 by Swansea_Blue

Elton John
Ozzy Osbourne
Ringo Starr
Kirk Douglas

I've only been on this version from about 2012... found team selections but no posts.

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 10:03 - Feb 12 with 798 viewsSwansea_Blue

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 09:59 - Feb 12 by StuartBrett8

I've only been on this version from about 2012... found team selections but no posts.

I think Gav did a reeboot or new server thingy at the start of 2017. My first reply recorded now is from 1 Jan 2017, but I've had the same user name for way longer.

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 10:15 - Feb 12 with 783 viewsStuartBrett8

for a bit of fun amid all the depression..... on 10:03 - Feb 12 by Swansea_Blue

I think Gav did a reeboot or new server thingy at the start of 2017. My first reply recorded now is from 1 Jan 2017, but I've had the same user name for way longer.

All the TWTD history before 2017 gone .... nice one Gav

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021