Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sajid Javid is gone 12:00 - Feb 13 with 22884 viewstractordownsouth

There are reports that it's because he and Cummings fell out and wanted to sack all of Javid's SpAds. Glad we got rid of the influence of unelected burueacrats!
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 14:03]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:04 - Feb 13 with 5491 viewsSteve_M

And yet, the replacement will be worse. At least Javid had some awareness that sacrificing the whole economy on one of Cummings' whims wasn't a good idea.

That's one powerful potential Tory leader on the backbenches anyway.

Sacking Julian Smith is the worst decision today, it's not as if restoring Stormont and trying to get Northern Irish politics moving again is important or anything.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:06 - Feb 13 with 5472 viewsDarth_Koont

Just need Patel and Raab to follow suit.

Removing these dangerous nutjobs from the key offices of state should be a priority. BoJo is just incompetent and selfish whereas these two are particularly awful ideologues on top.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:06 - Feb 13 with 5464 viewsDanTheMan

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:04 - Feb 13 by Steve_M

And yet, the replacement will be worse. At least Javid had some awareness that sacrificing the whole economy on one of Cummings' whims wasn't a good idea.

Sacking Julian Smith is the worst decision today, it's not as if restoring Stormont and trying to get Northern Irish politics moving again is important or anything.

I'm not sure how just getting rid of everyone who disagrees with you is supposed to make sure the correct things get done.

Glad Javid has a backbone at least.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:08 - Feb 13 with 5450 viewstractordownsouth

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:04 - Feb 13 by Steve_M

Yep, expect to see Rees Mogg with the briefcase at the new budget...

Yeah, I think the sacking of Julian Smith is ridiculous, probably the only decent person left in the cabinet. Good that McVey and Leadsom are gone mind.

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:09 - Feb 13 with 5432 viewsbaxterbasics

I have no opinion on Saj, he's neither impressed me or annoyed me in any big way.

I know a lot of feathers were ruffled a few days back when Cummings cheerfully told a gathering of Spad's that in a week half of them would be gone. Must be related to that.

Also I heard Cummings has employed an army of foot soldiers to just hang around popular London pubs and restaurants to keep eyes out for ministers or staff talking to press.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:11 - Feb 13 with 5424 viewsSteve_M

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:08 - Feb 13 by tractordownsouth

Yep, expect to see Rees Mogg with the briefcase at the new budget...

Yeah, I think the sacking of Julian Smith is ridiculous, probably the only decent person left in the cabinet. Good that McVey and Leadsom are gone mind.

Riski Sunak. An ultra-loyalist who will say or do anything he's told to.

Not sure anyone in the country will feel much sympathy for those two.

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:13 - Feb 13 with 5396 viewsDanTheMan

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:11 - Feb 13 by Steve_M

Riski Sunak. An ultra-loyalist who will say or do anything he's told to.

Not sure anyone in the country will feel much sympathy for those two.

Can't say I've ever heard of him, which isn't a brilliant sign.

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:14 - Feb 13 with 5396 viewsusm

Jesus, you dont seriously believe that Shamima Begum should be allowed back into the UK do you?

She joined ISIS of her own free will and if not radicalised before then she sure will be now, especially as her three kids all died.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Login to get fewer ads

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:15 - Feb 13 with 5391 viewsitfcjoe

Cummings been trying to get rid of him and undermine him for weeks, Johnson wanted to keep him

Clear who is running things

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:18 - Feb 13 with 5360 viewsSteve_M

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:13 - Feb 13 by DanTheMan

Can't say I've ever heard of him, which isn't a brilliant sign.

You will have probably zoned out when seeing him interviewed.

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:19 - Feb 13 with 5348 viewsDarth_Koont

Also a good time to run before Brexit really starts showing up on the books.

He did all the "will of the people" stuff and can now avoid the "wrath of the people".

Pronouns: He/Him

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:22 - Feb 13 with 5319 viewsDanTheMan

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:18 - Feb 13 by Steve_M

You will have probably zoned out when seeing him interviewed.

Oh he's THAT guy. Wow.

Looks like Andrew Adonis called it too:

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:22 - Feb 13 with 5315 viewsSteve_M

Also, who paid for the Prime Minister's holiday?

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:23 - Feb 13 with 5319 viewstractordownsouth

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:14 - Feb 13 by usm

Jesus, you dont seriously believe that Shamima Begum should be allowed back into the UK do you?

She joined ISIS of her own free will and if not radicalised before then she sure will be now, especially as her three kids all died.

That's not what I said. If we deport foreign criminals we have to allow ours to be deported back here. It works both ways, despite what the tabloids tell you.

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:24 - Feb 13 with 5302 viewsHARRY10

Certainly reinforces my thought that it isn't Johnson who is in charge, hence Cummings being at the ecentre of things ensuring that Johnson does what he is told

Perhaps Johnson could announce a bridge to be built between the mainland and the IOW - that might be today's distraction
Sajid Javid is gone on 12:35 - Feb 13 with 5244 viewsBlueNomad

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:06 - Feb 13 by DanTheMan

I'm not sure how just getting rid of everyone who disagrees with you is supposed to make sure the correct things get done.

Glad Javid has a backbone at least.

"We've got our demockracy back mate......... I fink Cummings is a good bloke" The Sage of Wetherspoons speaks!
Sajid Javid is gone on 12:36 - Feb 13 with 5229 viewsSteve_M

And this is true:

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/michael-gove-kept-in-cabinet-to-spite-br

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:40 - Feb 13 with 5195 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:22 - Feb 13 by Steve_M

Also, who paid for the Prime Minister's holiday?

More importantly .......... why ?

A random act of generosity, perhaps

Certainly not a thank you gift, or payment in advance

Johnson has left all that behind.... I think
Sajid Javid is gone on 12:45 - Feb 13 with 5164 viewsusm

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:23 - Feb 13 by tractordownsouth

That's not what I said. If we deport foreign criminals we have to allow ours to be deported back here. It works both ways, despite what the tabloids tell you.

I dont know the details but none of them are "ours" I believe, ie they dont have British citizenship

Even so, I think we need to have dispensation in specific cases.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:49 - Feb 13 with 5141 viewsjeera

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:14 - Feb 13 by usm

Why are people still using the same language on this?

Not 'allowed', no. Brought, returned.

British citizens shouldn't be made to be someone else's problem and should be returned to face justice in their native country.

'Allowed' suggests something completely different, like there'd be a party with free ice cream and other such nonsense.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 12:50]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:59 - Feb 13 with 5082 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:45 - Feb 13 by usm

I dont know the details but none of them are "ours" I believe, ie they dont have British citizenship

prisingly all the 'righties' have gone missing. Perhaps they have been sacked as well. or resigned.

Previously you couldn't move for posts telling us all how wonderful brexit was going to be, or how Johnson would 'get it done;.

That it has all fallen apart so quickly seems to have left them rather speechless. Much how some might regard Rees-Mogg's 'disappearance'. Was he not the news bright shining light ?

A man like IDS, who shared the common man's disregard for the wealthy middle class metropolitan elite.

Brexiteers dreams collapse

Sajid Javid is gone on 13:13 - Feb 13 with 5018 viewstractordownsouth

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:45 - Feb 13 by usm

Begum had British Citizenship when she did the crimes, these people didn't. You either believe people should be deported back to their country of origin or face trial in the country they committed the crime. In either scenario we'd end up with either Begum or the criminals in the country, not deporting both of them.

Sajid Javid is gone on 13:28 - Feb 13 with 4957 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid is gone on 13:13 - Feb 13 by tractordownsouth

Begum had British Citizenship when she did the crimes, these people didn't. You either believe people should be deported back to their country of origin or face trial in the country they committed the crime. In either scenario we'd end up with either Begum or the criminals in the country, not deporting both of them.

The question over Begum is did she commit any crimes whilst she was in another country. If yes, it is in that country she would expect to be tried.

As to the Jamacian deportees that smacks of more than simply 'applying the law' - more a case of removing undesirables wia that law.

Both cases will generate views based on the skin colour/religion. And some rather silly responses when the law is tested and upheld.

For my part I do not want an executive having the power over the judiciary. For all those 'righties' who merely want to see their view carried out, irrespective of the maens then I would suggest you aslk yourself would you want Corbyn yo have such powers ?

I wouldn't, as I strongly oppose any government being able to bypass the law of the land. And again I would suggest 'righties' look at their much wailed 'sovereignty of parliament'. Parliament makes law, not the PM and not the government. However unpleasant some of the rulings may turn out that is the lawful process or you have a situation of the goverment v the people....something we are slowly sliding toward.
Sajid Javid is gone on 13:51 - Feb 13 with 4894 viewsr2d2

Sajid Javid is gone on 13:13 - Feb 13 by tractordownsouth

Leave Begum where she is. We dont want her back. She chose to go. You make your bed, you lay in it.
Sajid Javid is gone on 13:53 - Feb 13 with 4878 viewsNo9

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:06 - Feb 13 by Darth_Koont

Just need Patel and Raab to follow suit.

Removing these dangerous nutjobs from the key offices of state should be a priority. BoJo is just incompetent and selfish whereas these two are particularly awful ideologues on top.

Patel & Raab will stay, even if they screw up because they are useless (but dangerous), part of the brexit mob and will brown-nose all day long.

The real concern now is whether Buckland will stay as Lord Chancellor and be as good as his word.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/12/the-guardian-view-on-boris

Now that Gove has let the cat out of the bag about the real brexit problems, Johnson will do all he can to reinforce his team and - be careless with the truth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024