Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sajid Javid is gone 12:00 - Feb 13 with 22612 viewstractordownsouth

There are reports that it's because he and Cummings fell out and wanted to sack all of Javid's SpAds. Glad we got rid of the influence of unelected burueacrats!
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 14:03]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:02 - Feb 13 with 3229 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sunak is just as bad. He's been a right bellend lately.

Edit - as per Steve's post earlier up the thread.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 14:05]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:04 - Feb 13 with 3224 viewsvapour_trail

Sajid Javid is gone on 13:51 - Feb 13 by r2d2

Leave Begum where she is. We dont want her back. She chose to go. You make your bed, you lay in it.

I think you miss his point, droid.

Nobody is desperate to have her back on this island bar her close family, but I think what TDS is saying is why should we be able to deport foreign nationals who break the law here, yet leave it for Iraq / Syria to sort out the likes of Begum?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:05 - Feb 13 with 3222 viewstractordownsouth

Leave Begum where she is. We dont want her back. She chose to go. You make your bed, you lay in it.

I don’t want her back either, but if the Jamaicans are being deported then we have to have her back.

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:06 - Feb 13 with 3224 viewsfactual_blue

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:04 - Feb 13 by Steve_M

And yet, the replacement will be worse. At least Javid had some awareness that sacrificing the whole economy on one of Cummings' whims wasn't a good idea.

That's one powerful potential Tory leader on the backbenches anyway.

Sacking Julian Smith is the worst decision today, it's not as if restoring Stormont and trying to get Northern Irish politics moving again is important or anything.

It's important that the dolts start to see quickly that they should have been careful what they wished for.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:11 - Feb 13 with 3207 viewsNo9

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:40 - Feb 13 by HARRY10

More importantly .......... why ?

A random act of generosity, perhaps

Certainly not a thank you gift, or payment in advance

Johnson has left all that behind.... I think

If it were the nenefit in kind they are now taling about perhaps both parties should be taxed on it?
Sajid Javid is gone on 15:42 - Feb 13 with 3158 viewsSwansea_Blue

This cabinet reshuffle is going down well then

Sajid Javid is gone on 16:04 - Feb 13 with 3152 viewsSwansea_Blue

This aged well

Sajid Javid is gone on 16:13 - Feb 13 with 3138 viewsfactual_blue

ME is already on the phone, I gather.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Sajid Javid is gone on 16:18 - Feb 13 with 3126 viewstractordownsouth

Sajid Javid is gone on 16:04 - Feb 13 by Swansea_Blue

This aged well

To be fair, I'd be more surprised if he'd have kept him, after seeing this.

Sajid Javid is gone on 19:18 - Feb 13 with 3091 viewsThe_Last_Baron

A good day for Government. The four most prominent positions are now held by Leavers and as for the former NI Secretary, I wouldn't cry too much.

Time to crank up the deportation of violent foreign criminals and keep terrorists either out of the country or in prison for a very, very long time.

This nation has been a soft touch for too long and it is time for Patel to be unleashed to full effect.

Johnson has to be able to boast a much safer nation in five years time.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Sajid Javid is gone on 19:30 - Feb 13 with 3076 viewshampstead_blue

Did you listen to PM?

Very insightful and interesting.
It was proposed that BJ is flexing his muscle and taking on risk by centralising #11.
He's also getting in a team who are 4square behind him.

I'd like to see a more independent CoE as the examples offered when it's been centralised were not good.

BJ wants to get through his agenda. He was elected on his mandate and wants to get it done.
I also like the idea of more infrastructure, but sensible, as % rates are low and if we have some inflation then the capital value will be eroded. Low interest rates and eroding principle......happy days!

What was funny was commie John calling it a 'crisis'.........I thought he'd had his false teeth taken away as was in a home already.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Sajid Javid is gone on 19:50 - Feb 13 with 3064 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid is gone on 19:30 - Feb 13 by hampstead_blue

Did you listen to PM?

Very insightful and interesting.
It was proposed that BJ is flexing his muscle and taking on risk by centralising #11.
He's also getting in a team who are 4square behind him.

I'd like to see a more independent CoE as the examples offered when it's been centralised were not good.

BJ wants to get through his agenda. He was elected on his mandate and wants to get it done.
I also like the idea of more infrastructure, but sensible, as % rates are low and if we have some inflation then the capital value will be eroded. Low interest rates and eroding principle......happy days!

What was funny was commie John calling it a 'crisis'.........I thought he'd had his false teeth taken away as was in a home already.

The thought is that you might even believe that old guff yourself - never mind imagining others might be similarly daft.
If Johnson was 'gathering a team' then why did he offer Javid the job only to have him turn it down.

As to whether the MPs he's been told to appoint are Leavers or Remainers it matters little as it is up to the EU what happens. And at this moment...they have determined that

there will be a customs border down the middle of the UK, monitored by them

the UK will no longer enjoy passport rights when it comes to financial services

and it will pay the full £39bn divorce payment

they will be customs checks (and likely tariffs) at UK ports

and this is telling the UK how it is going to be BEFORE the negotiations even start - which are to be at THEIR timing as well

not going ro well, is it
Sajid Javid is gone on 20:28 - Feb 13 with 3033 viewsjeera

Sajid Javid is gone on 19:18 - Feb 13 by The_Last_Baron

A good day for Government. The four most prominent positions are now held by Leavers and as for the former NI Secretary, I wouldn't cry too much.

Time to crank up the deportation of violent foreign criminals and keep terrorists either out of the country or in prison for a very, very long time.

This nation has been a soft touch for too long and it is time for Patel to be unleashed to full effect.

" keep terrorists either out of the country "

Who hasn't been trying to do that then?

You think terrorists have been welcome until Johnson got into office, is that right?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sajid Javid is gone on 20:51 - Feb 13 with 3005 viewsHARRY10

And what about those who aren't terrorists now, but may well be in the future ?

Ones who shoot MPs, plan to kill MPs, plan acts of mass killings.

Encourage them by spreading fear and hate - based on skin colour or religion ?

Because when you hear the evidence from the court cases that is just what the driving force behind their acts was. But then responsible comment is not what wins elections, or wins folk over ... as your comments testify.
Sajid Javid is gone on 21:15 - Feb 13 with 2986 viewssparks

Sajid Javid is gone on 20:51 - Feb 13 by HARRY10

And what about those who aren't terrorists now, but may well be in the future ?

Ones who shoot MPs, plan to kill MPs, plan acts of mass killings.

Encourage them by spreading fear and hate - based on skin colour or religion ?

Because when you hear the evidence from the court cases that is just what the driving force behind their acts was. But then responsible comment is not what wins elections, or wins folk over ... as your comments testify.

Javed found that he had too much integrity and was too principled to continue.

Just think about that for a moment. Seriously.

Its a bit like Goebbels saying to Hitler: Sorry mate. This is all a bit much for me.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Sajid Javid is gone on 21:40 - Feb 13 with 2963 viewstractordownsouth

Julian Smith was actually doing a decent job as NI secretary, by all accounts.

Sajid Javid is gone on 22:06 - Feb 13 with 2940 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid is gone on 21:40 - Feb 13 by tractordownsouth

Julian Smith was actually doing a decent job as NI secretary, by all accounts.

certainly seens to be what a fair number of politicians who were involved think

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/13/irish-pm-says-sacked-northern-ir
Sajid Javid is gone on 22:35 - Feb 13 with 2911 viewsreusersfreekicks

Breathtaking lack of understanding
Sajid Javid is gone on 23:07 - Feb 13 with 2882 viewsDarth_Koont

It’ll be safer alright. Safer from intelligence, integrity and empathy.

We’ll be a nuclear bunker of self-serving ignorance.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sajid Javid is gone on 23:08 - Feb 13 with 2886 viewsClapham_Junction

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:42 - Feb 13 by Swansea_Blue

This cabinet reshuffle is going down well then

Looks like she might be rivalling Eric Pickles for hating the area of government she's responsible for.

Taking back control from the courts is extremely worrying.
Sajid Javid is gone on 23:28 - Feb 13 with 2857 viewssparks

Sajid Javid is gone on 23:08 - Feb 13 by Clapham_Junction

Looks like she might be rivalling Eric Pickles for hating the area of government she's responsible for.

Taking back control from the courts is extremely worrying.

Its almost as if the fundamental premise of separation of powers is now considered an inconvenience.

Genuinely scary.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Sajid Javid is gone on 05:11 - Feb 14 with 2800 viewsChurchman

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:59 - Feb 13 by HARRY10

prisingly all the 'righties' have gone missing. Perhaps they have been sacked as well. or resigned.

Previously you couldn't move for posts telling us all how wonderful brexit was going to be, or how Johnson would 'get it done;.

That it has all fallen apart so quickly seems to have left them rather speechless. Much how some might regard Rees-Mogg's 'disappearance'. Was he not the news bright shining light ?

A man like IDS, who shared the common man's disregard for the wealthy middle class metropolitan elite.

Brexiteers dreams collapse

You keep on saying ‘it has all fallen apart so quickly’ and have done since the GE. What exactly has fallen apart? It’s only 2 months ago and a chunk of that time was swallowed by Christmas. The UK has left the EU. It’s done. No more Brexiteers and Leavers. It’s as if you want things to go badly.

As for ‘you couldn’t move for posts telling us how wonderful Brexit was going to be’, I don’t know what board you were looking at, but it clearly wasn’t this one. The great majority on here favoured staying in the EU or were neutral about it.
Sajid Javid is gone on 07:53 - Feb 14 with 2759 viewshampstead_blue

Sajid Javid is gone on 19:50 - Feb 13 by HARRY10

The thought is that you might even believe that old guff yourself - never mind imagining others might be similarly daft.
If Johnson was 'gathering a team' then why did he offer Javid the job only to have him turn it down.

As to whether the MPs he's been told to appoint are Leavers or Remainers it matters little as it is up to the EU what happens. And at this moment...they have determined that

there will be a customs border down the middle of the UK, monitored by them

the UK will no longer enjoy passport rights when it comes to financial services

and it will pay the full £39bn divorce payment

they will be customs checks (and likely tariffs) at UK ports

and this is telling the UK how it is going to be BEFORE the negotiations even start - which are to be at THEIR timing as well

not going ro well, is it

There you go again.

I've simply stated what I've read and heard with a small opinion.
Off you go talking about something completely different.

Stick to the point or start your own thread on what you want to shout about.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Sajid Javid is gone on 09:20 - Feb 14 with 2714 viewsNo9

Sajid Javid is gone on 23:28 - Feb 13 by sparks

Its almost as if the fundamental premise of separation of powers is now considered an inconvenience.

Genuinely scary.

Indeed but none of this should come as a surprise and what we should focus on is the Johnson regime ITENT
Sajid Javid is gone on 09:28 - Feb 14 with 2706 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid is gone on 07:53 - Feb 14 by hampstead_blue

There you go again.

I've simply stated what I've read and heard with a small opinion.
Off you go talking about something completely different.

Stick to the point or start your own thread on what you want to shout about.

"BJ wants to get through his agenda. He was elected on his mandate and wants to get it done. "

So me giving factual evidence that he isn't hetting it done is "talking about something completely different"

Try lookung at the football threads where anyone claiming that Lambert was appointed to improve us, and then count the number of replies that point out how he is failing against that intent.

So I would suggest you post up evidence that Johnson is getting it done. I'm sure we would all welcome that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024