Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... 12:16 - Feb 14 with 2876 viewsMattinLondon

..the tweet of a Brexitter complaining about Brexit ending his freedom of movement is quite funny.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColinBrowning14/status/1227906931450425344/photo/1
Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 12:25 - Feb 14 with 2824 viewsSwansea_Blue

Meaningless social media drivel. But nevertheless, this reply is comedy gold

I still think the Brexit Party MEP complaining that nobody will now be in the EU Parliament representing us takes the prize for least aware tweet though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 12:30 - Feb 14 with 2797 viewsDarth_Koont

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 12:25 - Feb 14 by Swansea_Blue

Meaningless social media drivel. But nevertheless, this reply is comedy gold

I still think the Brexit Party MEP complaining that nobody will now be in the EU Parliament representing us takes the prize for least aware tweet though.

That's a good one.

This was my favourite response. And it's funny because it's true.

Pronouns: He/Him

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 12:31 - Feb 14 with 2794 viewsSwansea_Blue

Surly it's a joke account. Nobody sane would post this.

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 12:33 - Feb 14 with 2790 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just to point out that the delays aren't caused by a change in FoM status, as we have kept that through the Transition Period. But very funny nonetheless that this person somehow thought ending FOM would in some way make travel easier.

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 12:46 - Feb 14 with 2740 viewsDarth_Koont

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 12:33 - Feb 14 by Swansea_Blue

Just to point out that the delays aren't caused by a change in FoM status, as we have kept that through the Transition Period. But very funny nonetheless that this person somehow thought ending FOM would in some way make travel easier.

Indeed.

It's very small comfort but it'll be entertaining to see the more limited Brexiteers alternating between getting upset that nothing has changed or triumphalistic that nothing has changed during 2020.

And the big stuff that affects foreign investment, supply chain, business investment strategies, future trade conditions will no doubt pass them by. Until the Hurst/Lambert, BCWYWF backlash comes and they look for someone else to blame.

Pronouns: He/Him

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 13:51 - Feb 14 with 2652 viewsHARRY10

"This isn’t the Brexit I voted for."

No, because that was just a pack of lies that you, along with other stupid folk believed.

Why you wanted to believe in something that was patently nonsense is the greater concern but be assured there is far, far more disappointment to come.

And if you intent to take a pet abroad you'd be best advised to check the new regulations as they DO apply
Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 13:54 - Feb 14 with 2641 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 13:51 - Feb 14 by HARRY10

"This isn’t the Brexit I voted for."

No, because that was just a pack of lies that you, along with other stupid folk believed.

Why you wanted to believe in something that was patently nonsense is the greater concern but be assured there is far, far more disappointment to come.

And if you intent to take a pet abroad you'd be best advised to check the new regulations as they DO apply

One to brighten up your day Harry from the most missed Ian Dury.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 14:49 - Feb 14 with 2576 viewsHARRY10

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 13:54 - Feb 14 by The_Last_Baron

One to brighten up your day Harry from the most missed Ian Dury.

reasons to be cheerful

watching brexit and Johnson failing on an almost daily basis is enough at the moment - and knowing it is going to get worse by the week is enough for me, ta

Login to get fewer ads

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 15:42 - Feb 14 with 2538 viewsfactual_blue

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 12:33 - Feb 14 by Swansea_Blue

I'm waiting for this to happen to a bunch of dunderheads wearing union jack singlets.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/brexit-travel-passport-expi

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 15:47 - Feb 14 with 2520 viewsEly_Blue

Schipol is always like that, brexit or no brexit

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 15:59 - Feb 14 with 2453 viewsbrazil1982

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 15:47 - Feb 14 by Ely_Blue

Schipol is always like that, brexit or no brexit

....in many European airports the non-EU passport queues seem to have fewer passengers, so maybe well get through quicker!
Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 16:04 - Feb 14 with 2438 viewsChurchman

It’s a most peculiar thing to say and of course misses the point.

Interestingly, I noticed the new signage was up at Gatwick last Sept and at Heathrow last week. Re-entering was a doddle. I happen to know that both have worked really hard on their customs procedures and this actually pre-dates Brexit. Denver has too. Far better than last year or the year before. That Schiphol hasn’t will hurt them and their business so I’d put money on the experience being better in 12 months time for non EU travellers.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 16:25]
Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 16:52 - Feb 14 with 2390 viewsjaykay

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 16:04 - Feb 14 by Churchman

It’s a most peculiar thing to say and of course misses the point.

Interestingly, I noticed the new signage was up at Gatwick last Sept and at Heathrow last week. Re-entering was a doddle. I happen to know that both have worked really hard on their customs procedures and this actually pre-dates Brexit. Denver has too. Far better than last year or the year before. That Schiphol hasn’t will hurt them and their business so I’d put money on the experience being better in 12 months time for non EU travellers.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 16:25]

there has always have been non E.U. travellers , before we cut of our noses to spite our faces. so why should the dutch make things quicker now. oh i know because we have become non E.U

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 17:28 - Feb 14 with 2341 viewsChurchman

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 16:52 - Feb 14 by jaykay

there has always have been non E.U. travellers , before we cut of our noses to spite our faces. so why should the dutch make things quicker now. oh i know because we have become non E.U

No, UK signage has changed. A lot of thought and work by airports has gone in to manage customs queues before Brexit and for post-Brexit. Why should the Dutch make customs processes quicker? Because if they don’t, business will go elsewhere. Same applies to all ports and airports. They are businesses and their priority is just that and not political nonsense.

If you want evidence, there was a Select Committee in June 2018 where the owners of Calais, Zeebrugge and another gave evidence and made this crystal clear.
Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 20:34 - Feb 14 with 2204 viewsEly_Blue

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 15:59 - Feb 14 by brazil1982

....in many European airports the non-EU passport queues seem to have fewer passengers, so maybe well get through quicker!

Or you’ll stand there while all of the people who have visa get all of their paperwork checked and stamped, don’t bank on the non eu queues being quicker

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 00:08 - Feb 15 with 2068 viewsCoastalblue

It will change, at the moment they don't need to bow down to the great nation that we are, once we're properly out and everybody has a different colour passport they'll be offering to shine your shoes on the way through.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 09:48 - Feb 15 with 1874 viewsbluejacko

Well he would have stood there anyway as we are not in the Schengen Agreement!
Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 12:05 - Feb 15 with 1802 viewsmanchego

Regardless of whether you voted Brexit or not.... on 15:59 - Feb 14 by brazil1982

But the Brits will now be in that line, making the EU one quicker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024