Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Find some positives for next season 10:17 - Feb 26 with 7165 viewsBluefish

Lankester
Dobra
El Mizouni
Nydam
Dozzell
Drinan

All must play week in week out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Find some positives for next season on 11:23 - Feb 26 with 976 viewsBluefish

Find some positives for next season on 11:14 - Feb 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Edwards?

The man who still scored about 5 goals last season in the worst ever Town side and who has, even when out of position all season, chipped in with a few this season.

He's not even the worst player to play full back for us this season. Let alone the worst player ever! Lol.

It is great to hear people claim edwards is good because he once scored 5 goals. Just watch him play ffs

Find some positives for next season on 11:24 - Feb 26 with 972 viewspointofblue

Find some positives for next season on 11:14 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

Not really, no.

Dobra has rarely been given game time.

El Mizouni is shining in a league lower and an arguably more physical league right now.

Judge is a flair player - disappears from most matches.
Dozzell hasn’t taken the opportunities given to him.
Bishop has done very little since his return bar the one shot against Oxford.

Admittedly KVY looked dangerous when he played and Jackson continues to threaten but they both have pace, something the other three lack.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Find some positives for next season on 11:29 - Feb 26 with 959 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Find some positives for next season on 11:23 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

It is great to hear people claim edwards is good because he once scored 5 goals. Just watch him play ffs

Where have I said he was 'good'?

He was one of our better players last season. He contributed a lot of our goal threat.

He's been poor this season and he's also been out of position for most of it.

You called him the WORST player you had EVER seen. No wonder people don't take you seriously FFS.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Find some positives for next season on 11:35 - Feb 26 with 952 viewsmadmouse1959

So what is our best 11 then ? Because the team changes from week to week most fans would not even know. Players in for one game, then injured, sent off or have took a knock. That is your best 11 having to be changed after just 90 minutes. Old tired legs on the bench getting a game and they are too knackered for a midweek game a few days later. Other players still getting a game based solely on "being one of the lads" . Good young players being ignored for too long. Loan players drafted in and young players having their chance continuously blocked. Young players who do get a chance are trying to make an impression but find it difficult in a struggling team with little of the right service. Team changes. Formation changes. On/off the subs bench. Squad rotation. We can,t even muster a fight against a League Two club in a cup game. Some fans still want the same ol faces in the team because they bleed blue blood, some fans don,t. The squad needs re-shaping and Evans has some tough decisions to make. How do we get a battled hardened mentality at this club ?

shampoo dave

Find some positives for next season on 11:39 - Feb 26 with 944 viewsBluefish

Find some positives for next season on 11:29 - Feb 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Where have I said he was 'good'?

He was one of our better players last season. He contributed a lot of our goal threat.

He's been poor this season and he's also been out of position for most of it.

You called him the WORST player you had EVER seen. No wonder people don't take you seriously FFS.

People do take me seriously it just takes them a long time to work it out. They all get there in the end after giving out abuse and calling me a troll for a while

Find some positives for next season on 11:41 - Feb 26 with 940 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 11:24 - Feb 26 by pointofblue

Judge is a flair player - disappears from most matches.
Dozzell hasn’t taken the opportunities given to him.
Bishop has done very little since his return bar the one shot against Oxford.

Admittedly KVY looked dangerous when he played and Jackson continues to threaten but they both have pace, something the other three lack.

Judge was a flair player, and an outstanding one a that during his time at Brentford, doesn't look a shadow of himself, maybe personal issues, maybe doesn't really want to be here.

I'd love to know these chances Dozzell has had. He has played 8 appearances in the league, only 2 completed 90 minutes and total of 428 minutes.

18 times he has been an unused sub and 7 times not included in the match day squad.

I am sorry but that isn't giving him a chance, how is he seriously meant to develop with that sort of game time.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Find some positives for next season on 11:43 - Feb 26 with 938 viewsITFC_Forever

I would wager at least two off that list will be gone by the end of the summer window.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Find some positives for next season on 11:43 - Feb 26 with 937 viewsSuperfrans

Find some positives for next season on 11:09 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

I never want to see Edwards play for us again he is the worst footballer I've ever seen. Doesn't make him the worst player but he is the worst footballer, there is no understand of the game at all.

You also need to swap Dozzell and Nydam
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 11:10]

You haven't seen many footballers if Edwards is the worst footballer you have ever seen.

Just as a piece of friendly advice from an ol' fella (which you can either take or ignore), when you rein in your daft comments, you do have some points of merit. But that kind of hyperbole is just daft and leads people to believe that you are writing utter horsesh!t. You don't do yourself any favours with it.

EDIT: also, Dozzell at left wingback? You're joking, right??
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 11:45]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Find some positives for next season on 11:44 - Feb 26 with 939 viewsjayessess

Find some positives for next season on 11:17 - Feb 26 by Fenland_Blue

What's the betting KVY is sold in the summer?

As soon as anybody offers anything around the million mark for him, #evansout will snap their hand off.

People say this about Evans and selling our players on the cheap, but I'm not sure it's really true.

Under McCarthy we rarely sold first team players and when we did, they went for more-or-less the going rate:
2013/14 No-one
2014/15 Cresswell for £4.3m
2015/16 Mings for £10m
2016/17 Murphy for £3.15m
2017/18 No-one

That crazy Summer under Hurst you can argue in hindsight that we slightly undersold three first team players, but as far as I can tell that was mainly because Hurst wanted money to spend:
Webster £3.6m
Garner £1.3m
Waghorn £5m

This Summer, our only outgoing business was mainly about getting a big earner off the books, but we seem to have resisted bids for Judge and Dozzell (probably, in hindsight, against our better interests).

Previous seasons probably indicate that all we'll do is sell off players at more-or-less market value until the books are more or less in the black.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Find some positives for next season on 11:44 - Feb 26 with 937 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 11:39 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

People do take me seriously it just takes them a long time to work it out. They all get there in the end after giving out abuse and calling me a troll for a while

He isn't that bad is he?

He has very much been shoehorned into the team at the moment, playing a variety of positions other than his actual preferred one.

A little harsh to critique him as extremely as you do.

Find some positives for next season on 11:46 - Feb 26 with 934 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 11:44 - Feb 26 by jayessess

People say this about Evans and selling our players on the cheap, but I'm not sure it's really true.

Under McCarthy we rarely sold first team players and when we did, they went for more-or-less the going rate:
2013/14 No-one
2014/15 Cresswell for £4.3m
2015/16 Mings for £10m
2016/17 Murphy for £3.15m
2017/18 No-one

That crazy Summer under Hurst you can argue in hindsight that we slightly undersold three first team players, but as far as I can tell that was mainly because Hurst wanted money to spend:
Webster £3.6m
Garner £1.3m
Waghorn £5m

This Summer, our only outgoing business was mainly about getting a big earner off the books, but we seem to have resisted bids for Judge and Dozzell (probably, in hindsight, against our better interests).

Previous seasons probably indicate that all we'll do is sell off players at more-or-less market value until the books are more or less in the black.

I don't think Evans has ever been criticised for selling on the cheap.

It is more buying on the cheap, in fact buying on the cheap is flashy. We buy from the basement buckets.

The frustration for me is that at times we have shown we can buy well, but nowhere near consistently enough to build a competitive squad.

Find some positives for next season on 11:48 - Feb 26 with 929 viewsBluefish

Find some positives for next season on 11:44 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

He isn't that bad is he?

He has very much been shoehorned into the team at the moment, playing a variety of positions other than his actual preferred one.

A little harsh to critique him as extremely as you do.

I remember having similar conversations about Priskin, Marton and Parkin. All 3 were equally hopeless as footballers. Edwards can run up and down but he has no football brain at all, no awareness or ability to read the game. Without pace he wouldn't get in at non league level

Find some positives for next season on 11:50 - Feb 26 with 928 viewsjayessess

Find some positives for next season on 11:46 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don't think Evans has ever been criticised for selling on the cheap.

It is more buying on the cheap, in fact buying on the cheap is flashy. We buy from the basement buckets.

The frustration for me is that at times we have shown we can buy well, but nowhere near consistently enough to build a competitive squad.

You don't? I see quite a lot of stuff about Evans being desperate to sell off players. Plenty of it when rumours were going around about Dozzell and Judge in the Summer.

Find some positives for next season on 11:54 - Feb 26 with 920 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 11:50 - Feb 26 by jayessess

You don't? I see quite a lot of stuff about Evans being desperate to sell off players. Plenty of it when rumours were going around about Dozzell and Judge in the Summer.

Well to be honest, I don't read the forum as often or regularly as most, although have in the last couple of weeks, so I am probably not the most credible person to say that.

I think Evans held are very well on both Dozzell and Judge receptively and I think as a rule he tends to.

But I could be well off, and I am only talking from a personal point of view that the selling aspect of ownership is one of his better traits.

Find some positives for next season on 11:56 - Feb 26 with 918 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 11:48 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

I remember having similar conversations about Priskin, Marton and Parkin. All 3 were equally hopeless as footballers. Edwards can run up and down but he has no football brain at all, no awareness or ability to read the game. Without pace he wouldn't get in at non league level

Well judging a footballer is obviously down to opinions. I just think that your opinion on him is a little strong, but each to there own and all that jazz.

Find some positives for next season on 12:04 - Feb 26 with 901 viewsjayessess

Find some positives for next season on 11:54 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

Well to be honest, I don't read the forum as often or regularly as most, although have in the last couple of weeks, so I am probably not the most credible person to say that.

I think Evans held are very well on both Dozzell and Judge receptively and I think as a rule he tends to.

But I could be well off, and I am only talking from a personal point of view that the selling aspect of ownership is one of his better traits.

I think we've looked to keep players as long as we can most of the time. Whether that's always worked out for us is debatable. In hindsight, we'd likely be in a much better position if we'd cashed in on Judge and been able to redirect his wages and the cash towards someone else. Dozzell, we'll see.

Find some positives for next season on 12:06 - Feb 26 with 895 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 12:04 - Feb 26 by jayessess

I think we've looked to keep players as long as we can most of the time. Whether that's always worked out for us is debatable. In hindsight, we'd likely be in a much better position if we'd cashed in on Judge and been able to redirect his wages and the cash towards someone else. Dozzell, we'll see.

I think you are right, we commonly look back in anger at deals that where we have tried to hold on, but I agree with you that that can't a stick to beat Evans with:

Dozzell
Judge
Bialkowski
McGoldrick

All have had rejected offers where in hind sight it may have been better to cash, but hind sight is a wonderful thing.

Find some positives for next season on 12:16 - Feb 26 with 880 viewsBluefish

Find some positives for next season on 12:06 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think you are right, we commonly look back in anger at deals that where we have tried to hold on, but I agree with you that that can't a stick to beat Evans with:

Dozzell
Judge
Bialkowski
McGoldrick

All have had rejected offers where in hind sight it may have been better to cash, but hind sight is a wonderful thing.

We were going to sell judge in a deal that made sense all round.the crowd sung that Evans is a **** because of it

Find some positives for next season on 12:18 - Feb 26 with 878 viewsDyland

Two options...

A) continuing going to the boozer before and after games, seeing the gang, having a laugh and no longer really giving a sh1te about the actual game

B) doing something else instead

Either/or. It's a win win I guess.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Find some positives for next season on 12:19 - Feb 26 with 873 viewsSwansea_Blue

Find some positives for next season on 12:18 - Feb 26 by Dyland

Two options...

A) continuing going to the boozer before and after games, seeing the gang, having a laugh and no longer really giving a sh1te about the actual game

B) doing something else instead

Either/or. It's a win win I guess.

^ gets it

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Find some positives for next season on 12:20 - Feb 26 with 871 viewsjayessess

Find some positives for next season on 12:16 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

We were going to sell judge in a deal that made sense all round.the crowd sung that Evans is a **** because of it

And that's part of the issue, isn't it? Yes, in hindsight selling Judge would've been the correct thing to do. But in reality it was a really delicate moment to be upsetting supporters. Maybe, if you've a really brave management team with a strong plan you go through with it anyway and do your best to explain. Not straightforward.

Find some positives for next season on 12:21 - Feb 26 with 871 viewsPecker

Lambert gone and Warnock in. That is all that is needed.
Find some positives for next season on 12:23 - Feb 26 with 872 viewsFather_Jack

The idea that young players with virtually no league experience will be ready to play week in week out for a season in League 1 is a bit fanciful unfortunately.

Less is more.

Find some positives for next season on 12:27 - Feb 26 with 860 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 12:16 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

It didn't really make sense at the time. Prior to this season most thought that Judge was going to be the vital cog in the machine this season and to sell him for half a million or whatever it was just prior the the window shutting didn't really make sense at all.

It makes sense now, but as previously stated, hind sight is wonderful thing.

Find some positives for next season on 12:29 - Feb 26 with 857 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 12:23 - Feb 26 by Father_Jack

The idea that young players with virtually no league experience will be ready to play week in week out for a season in League 1 is a bit fanciful unfortunately.

I don't think nor has anyone suggested that it could ever be JUST youngsters.

But a combination and blend of wiser heads with our best young talent seems a perfect cocktail for me.

Or we could continue with boring bang average pros, very vanilla, middle of the road and keep stagnating to boredom season upon season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024