Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Find some positives for next season 10:17 - Feb 26 with 7166 viewsBluefish

Lankester
Dobra
El Mizouni
Nydam
Dozzell
Drinan

All must play week in week out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Find some positives for next season on 10:33 - Feb 26 with 2308 viewsBluefish

Find some positives for next season on 10:30 - Feb 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Drinan leading the line in League One, a division he's never done anything in, ahead of 10 goal Norwood, 10 goal Jackson, proven League One player Huws, Keane or even Folami, Morris or Simpson or even a new signing.

Have a day off Trig!

You know that every player has to develop and then have a 1st season at a level don't you? Norwood hadn't done it either until this season and he will still be here.

Drinan is doing a good job up in scotland and we are now mid table division 3 ourselves. He is a gamble but let's give him a chance

Find some positives for next season on 10:33 - Feb 26 with 2309 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 10:31 - Feb 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

LMAO.

When do we ever sell anyone to rebuild?

We sell. Then we paper over the cracks with whatever we can find in a skip.

"We sell. Then we paper over the cracks with whatever we can find in a skip."

This sums up ITFC recruitment policy so adequately.

When Downes and Woolfenden leave, I do wonder what we will find at the bottom of the bin to replace them with.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Find some positives for next season on 10:34 - Feb 26 with 2305 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Find some positives for next season on 10:28 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

He still has numerous flaws to his game but has a value so we can sell him to rebuild

Ah, like the Hurst era.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Find some positives for next season on 10:35 - Feb 26 with 2301 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Find some positives for next season on 10:33 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

You know that every player has to develop and then have a 1st season at a level don't you? Norwood hadn't done it either until this season and he will still be here.

Drinan is doing a good job up in scotland and we are now mid table division 3 ourselves. He is a gamble but let's give him a chance

So your solution to us becoming a mid-table League One team is to gamble a vital season around players completely unproven on the basis that they may become brilliant it they have a chance?

A bit like Kenlock did in the Championship? And then League One?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Find some positives for next season on 10:36 - Feb 26 with 2296 viewsBluefish

Find some positives for next season on 10:35 - Feb 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

So your solution to us becoming a mid-table League One team is to gamble a vital season around players completely unproven on the basis that they may become brilliant it they have a chance?

Sounds like yours is to only use journeyman and bin off the youth system

Find some positives for next season on 10:37 - Feb 26 with 2293 viewsurbanblue

Find some positives for next season on 10:26 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

Sell him to Posh if we can

Then he'll do well at Posh, get snapped up by Brentford before ending up in the Premier League for 20 Million while we all cry in our beer blaming Evans!
Find some positives for next season on 10:39 - Feb 26 with 2288 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 10:33 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

I think he can offer something, whether you can hang your hat on him for the season I would suspect not. But he is only 21 still, by all accounts and reports, he is having a good little time up at Ayr.

Having seen him on occasion for the u23's, he raw, direct and aggressive, but probably not a natural goalscorer.

Find some positives for next season on 10:42 - Feb 26 with 2280 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 10:35 - Feb 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The spine could well be Holy, Chambers, Skuse and Norwood which is vast amounts of experience.

We have a very good production line beginning from the academy, with some talent, the only way to make them become proven talent is to put trust in them.

As long as there are experienced heads as guidance, I don't see a real issue there.

We have had years of dull, journeymen who scream bang average. We are now producing young, creative, flair players, it is time to go in a different direction.

Login to get fewer ads

Find some positives for next season on 10:48 - Feb 26 with 2273 viewsBlueBadger

We have our club back now and the football is better?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Find some positives for next season on 10:49 - Feb 26 with 2270 viewsBlueBadger

Find some positives for next season on 10:28 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

He still has numerous flaws to his game but has a value so we can sell him to rebuild

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Find some positives for next season on 10:54 - Feb 26 with 2254 viewsBiGDonnie

I've thought about posting something similar....

Downes & Woolf will go. Guaranteed. The rest are sh/te

Building a side around those you've mentioned I'd be all for, it won't happen though, it never does.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Find some positives for next season on 10:57 - Feb 26 with 2247 viewsBiGDonnie

Find some positives for next season on 10:24 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

Holy
KVY - Chambers - Earl - Nydam
Skuse - Dozzell
Lankester - El Mizouni - Dobra
Norwood

No way in god green earth would Lambert have the faith in that though

You put Skuse in that line up for lols?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Find some positives for next season on 10:57 - Feb 26 with 2249 viewsSuperfrans

McGavin breaking through
Morris, Folami back from serious injury
A team/squad built around our youth...
...continuing to introduce a new, passing style of play.
3/4 signings to create a new core - 2xCBs, 1x CMF, 1x Fox in box

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Find some positives for next season on 11:03 - Feb 26 with 2242 viewsDennyx4

Find some positives for next season on 10:21 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

Holy
Kvy woolf (little chance) cb Nydam
Dozzell
Downes (little chance) Huws
El Mizouni
Lankester dobra
Drinan

With that team I'd be happy to have Chambers as the CB

You do realise that is a 12 man team?
Find some positives for next season on 11:03 - Feb 26 with 2243 viewsSuperfrans

Find some positives for next season on 10:21 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

Holy
Kvy woolf (little chance) cb Nydam
Dozzell
Downes (little chance) Huws
El Mizouni
Lankester dobra
Drinan

With that team I'd be happy to have Chambers as the CB

Our team next season will be more like this imho. All the new players being players in their mid-20s, experienced in this division, to give leadership and guidance.

Norris, Woolf, Earl, Huws, Keane, Downes, Judge all likely to be gone.
Chambers replacing Hogg (but registered as player), Skuse also retained on coaching staff.

Holy
Edwards NewCB NewCB Wilson Nydam
Dozzell NewCMF Bishop
Lankester Norwood
Subs: Pryzbek, El Mizouni, Dobra, Morris, Sears.

Will this team get promoted first time? Probably not. But I'd enjoy seeing it develop.

Find some positives for next season on 11:04 - Feb 26 with 2238 viewsSuperfrans

Find some positives for next season on 11:03 - Feb 26 by Dennyx4

Definite promotion contenders though... ;-)

Find some positives for next season on 11:04 - Feb 26 with 2237 viewspointofblue

Haven’t we already seen that kids and flair players at this level get bullied out of games? We’ll need to bring in some seasoned professionals with grit and muscle to protect them through matches.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Find some positives for next season on 11:08 - Feb 26 with 2228 viewsBluefish

Find some positives for next season on 11:03 - Feb 26 by Dennyx4

We need an extra player to offset PRP. 2nd time I've done that, I was allowing for Downes not to be here

Find some positives for next season on 11:09 - Feb 26 with 2223 viewsBluefish

Find some positives for next season on 11:03 - Feb 26 by Superfrans

Our team next season will be more like this imho. All the new players being players in their mid-20s, experienced in this division, to give leadership and guidance.

Norris, Woolf, Earl, Huws, Keane, Downes, Judge all likely to be gone.
Chambers replacing Hogg (but registered as player), Skuse also retained on coaching staff.

Holy
Edwards NewCB NewCB Wilson Nydam
Dozzell NewCMF Bishop
Lankester Norwood
Subs: Pryzbek, El Mizouni, Dobra, Morris, Sears.

Will this team get promoted first time? Probably not. But I'd enjoy seeing it develop.

I never want to see Edwards play for us again he is the worst footballer I've ever seen. Doesn't make him the worst player but he is the worst footballer, there is no understand of the game at all.

You also need to swap Dozzell and Nydam
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 11:10]

Find some positives for next season on 11:11 - Feb 26 with 2214 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Find some positives for next season on 10:36 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

Sounds like yours is to only use journeyman and bin off the youth system

Given I have not expressed my views on how the club should be run, well done for just making stuff up.

Next season we are likely still going to be one of the biggest three clubs in the division on stature, on attendance and wage bill, even with cuts being made. Sunderland and Pompey can rival us now and one or both may go up. Looking unlikely Stoke or Birmingham come down, so we be between the biggest and fifth biggest club in the division whatever happens.

We should be building a side of decent League One players who have experience in this division 50-100 games at least, but also are young enough (up to 24-26) that they can go on and develop further into competent / good Championship players.

That's what all the other decent clubs down here like Rotherm, Burton, Peterborough have down, having the odd dip when they have to sell but replacing these players.

We have massive pulling power at this level. If we were to only one of sell Downes or Wolfenden say for £2m or £3m, we should be looking to reinvest that money on 2, 3 or 4 very good League One players. We won't get top strikers for that, but with the amount of players down here out of contract, us being able to top almost every other club for wages and with us being able to offer sums like £300,000 that teams like Shrewsbury, Rochdale or Wimbledon won't be able to turn down for players in the last year of their contract, we are perfectly placed to take some of the best talent in this division, build for the future and compliment with our own talented players that step up, take their chance and keep others out of the side, plus a few experienced heads.

That's how every other club down here has thrived.

Find some positives for next season on 11:14 - Feb 26 with 2205 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Find some positives for next season on 11:04 - Feb 26 by pointofblue

Haven’t we already seen that kids and flair players at this level get bullied out of games? We’ll need to bring in some seasoned professionals with grit and muscle to protect them through matches.

Not really, no.

Dobra has rarely been given game time.

El Mizouni is shining in a league lower and an arguably more physical league right now.

Find some positives for next season on 11:14 - Feb 26 with 2206 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Find some positives for next season on 11:09 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

I never want to see Edwards play for us again he is the worst footballer I've ever seen. Doesn't make him the worst player but he is the worst footballer, there is no understand of the game at all.

You also need to swap Dozzell and Nydam
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 11:10]

Edwards?

The man who still scored about 5 goals last season in the worst ever Town side and who has, even when out of position all season, chipped in with a few this season.

He's not even the worst player to play full back for us this season. Let alone the worst player ever! Lol.

Find some positives for next season on 11:15 - Feb 26 with 2199 viewsjayessess

Struggling to find the positives, to be honest.

I think there's a good chance we'll have finished mid-table, have sold half the number of season tickets, still have a discredited manager with no record of achievement at the club, still have an incompetent owner and the supporters' relationship with both will be utterly broken.

It'd be lovely if a whole hoard of youth teamers turned out to be ready for first team football, but it's rarely the case that clubs can bring through more than 1 or 2 in a season. El Mizouni is cutting it in League 2, so I think it's likely we'll see him play regularly but the rest is probably wishful thinking.

We'll still be stuck with a number of sub-standard first teamers on substantial contracts - Nsiala, Wilson, Donacien, Nolan, Huws, Judge, Sears, Norwood. We'll lose at least 1 of this season's bright sparks, Garbutt, before we even get any money through the door. It's a more or less open secret that our best 2 players this season will be sold to balance the books and there'll be no spending money from that.

The whole thing would be an absolute nightmare to sort out even if the people running the club were competent.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Find some positives for next season on 11:16 - Feb 26 with 2199 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Find some positives for next season on 11:14 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

Not really, no.

Dobra has rarely been given game time.

El Mizouni is shining in a league lower and an arguably more physical league right now.

Plenty of teams at this level, including Posh, Coventry and Doncaster have featured 2, 3 or 4 smaller, technical players in attacking positions and looked great.

The problem is we have smaller, technical players that get sent off or contribute nothing out of possession (Dobra, Dozzell).

They are also hindered by a lack of any team identity or style. In a proper, drilled system players at this level can thrive, but you also need a De Vos, a N'Daw, A Murphy in the side as well.

Find some positives for next season on 11:17 - Feb 26 with 2197 viewsFenland_Blue

What's the betting KVY is sold in the summer?

As soon as anybody offers anything around the million mark for him, #evansout will snap their hand off.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024