Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Joey Barton interview 18:50 - Feb 26 with 3139 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Time to put some respect on it. Spoke truth way back when things were looking very rosey for us.

Barton: Probably as Bad as a Group of Players as Ipswich Have Had in a Long Time 5th Oct 2019 10:45
Fleetwood manager Joey Barton believes the current Town squad are “probably as bad as a group of players as Ipswich have had in a long time” even if they win League One this season and has questioned whether the Blues' start to the season is based "on solid foundations". 55

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

That Joey Barton interview on 18:52 - Feb 26 with 3112 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He might well speak sense at times. Still really do not like the bloke.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That Joey Barton interview on 18:54 - Feb 26 with 3095 viewsBlueBadger

That's possibly the most depressing part of this season so far, Joey Barton is bloody right.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That Joey Barton interview on 18:56 - Feb 26 with 3080 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That Joey Barton interview on 18:52 - Feb 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

He might well speak sense at times. Still really do not like the bloke.

Credit where credit is due though

That Joey Barton interview on 18:57 - Feb 26 with 3082 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That Joey Barton interview on 18:54 - Feb 26 by BlueBadger

That's possibly the most depressing part of this season so far, Joey Barton is bloody right.

He hit the nail so perfectly on the head though. Probably will go down as one of our worst group of players.

That Joey Barton interview on 19:00 - Feb 26 with 3062 viewsBlueBadger

That Joey Barton interview on 18:57 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

He hit the nail so perfectly on the head though. Probably will go down as one of our worst group of players.

...until next season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

That Joey Barton interview on 19:07 - Feb 26 with 3035 viewsANNA3ROA

Paul Lambert should pin up comments in the dressing room before match against Fleetwood you never know might get a response?
That Joey Barton interview on 19:08 - Feb 26 with 3017 viewsWD19

That Joey Barton interview on 19:07 - Feb 26 by ANNA3ROA

Paul Lambert should pin up comments in the dressing room before match against Fleetwood you never know might get a response?

I think we do know.......
That Joey Barton interview on 19:10 - Feb 26 with 3003 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That Joey Barton interview on 18:57 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

No probably and there is no arguing it is solely down to tactics and organisation. They are the worst for a very long time at the very least. The league table doesn't lie.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

That Joey Barton interview on 19:12 - Feb 26 with 2992 viewsLankHenners

He was being the gobby sh!te he always is. Don't think he was offering any incisive analysis, more some cheap mind games.

The holding hands thing was bloody cringey, mind. Do that sh!t when you win the league.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

That Joey Barton interview on 19:14 - Feb 26 with 2971 viewsBlueBadger

That Joey Barton interview on 19:12 - Feb 26 by LankHenners

He was being the gobby sh!te he always is. Don't think he was offering any incisive analysis, more some cheap mind games.

The holding hands thing was bloody cringey, mind. Do that sh!t when you win the league.

The depressing thing is, he was right. Joey f*cking Barton was right about us. The only thing worse would be Lee Bowyer or Jimmy Bullard saying it.

That Joey Barton interview on 07:05 - Feb 27 with 2643 viewsHarry_Palmer

He was absolutely right wasn't he, and the hand waving celebration was ridiculous after 10 games and makes us look very silly now.

I don't like the guy but you have to admire the job he is doing at Fleetwood, just 1 defeat in the last 15 games.

His post match comments for the Sunderland game did make me chuckle as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51644560
That Joey Barton interview on 07:22 - Feb 27 with 2599 viewsChrisd

He can't go around saying things like that about the best squad in the league!?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

That Joey Barton interview on 07:26 - Feb 27 with 2591 viewsChrisd

That Joey Barton interview on 19:07 - Feb 26 by ANNA3ROA

You'd think, but I'm not sure with our group of players and their mentality whether you'd get a positive reaction. They'd probably just rollover and prove Barton right.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

That Joey Barton interview on 09:05 - Feb 27 with 2459 viewsKeaneish

That Joey Barton interview on 19:14 - Feb 26 by BlueBadger

The depressing thing is, he was right. Joey f*cking Barton was right about us. The only thing worse would be Lee Bowyer or Jimmy Bullard saying it.

He’s hardly the oracle. It’s a blindingly obvious statement more about the predicament we’re than individuals in the squad. We’re the lowest position we’ve been since the 60’s therefore by default it’s the worst squad.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

That Joey Barton interview on 09:15 - Feb 27 with 2433 viewsr2d2

The thing with Barton is yes, he has been a tool during his career but, he has played at a very decent level and knows what he is looking at and what he is doing. And although we may not agree with him as a character he does know football. It is clearly the same with Bowyer, whatever you think of him as a person, he understands the game. Not sure Bullard should be grouped with either of them, as basically he is just a bit of a clown, same as Norwood clearly is.
That Joey Barton interview on 09:26 - Feb 27 with 2406 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought that was going to be some insightful prophecy from several years ago. We all know we've been sh*t for the last 18 months.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That Joey Barton interview on 10:04 - Feb 27 with 2365 viewsWickets

That Joey Barton interview on 09:26 - Feb 27 by Swansea_Blue

I thought that was going to be some insightful prophecy from several years ago. We all know we've been sh*t for the last 18 months.

It seems like 18 years !
That Joey Barton interview on 11:48 - Feb 27 with 2260 viewsTractorCam

Think everyone knew it was true, was just used as good motivation for us before our game.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

That Joey Barton interview on 16:45 - Feb 27 with 2090 viewsGarv

You find a new thing to ridicule the club about every day.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

That Joey Barton interview on 17:04 - Feb 27 with 2045 viewsGarv

Hardly a genius observation is it? We’re a league one side and haven’t been one for 50 odd years or whatever it is.

Just Joey Barton being Joey Barton.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

That Joey Barton interview on 17:27 - Feb 27 with 2005 viewsPJH

That Joey Barton interview on 09:05 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

He’s hardly the oracle. It’s a blindingly obvious statement more about the predicament we’re than individuals in the squad. We’re the lowest position we’ve been since the 60’s therefore by default it’s the worst squad.

We were never in the third division in the 60's.

Unless we finish in the top 2 this will be our lowest finish since 1952/53 when we finished 16th-I assume that we will finish higher than that.

edit-we were 1st in the 3rd division in 53/54,3rd in 55/56 and 1st again in 56/57
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 17:29]
That Joey Barton interview on 18:19 - Feb 27 with 1919 viewsKeaneish

That Joey Barton interview on 17:27 - Feb 27 by PJH

We were never in the third division in the 60's.

Unless we finish in the top 2 this will be our lowest finish since 1952/53 when we finished 16th-I assume that we will finish higher than that.

edit-we were 1st in the 3rd division in 53/54,3rd in 55/56 and 1st again in 56/57
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 17:29]

I stand corrected. Mid 50s...
An even worse indictment of our current position.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

That Joey Barton interview on 18:29 - Feb 27 with 1896 viewsJDB23

That Joey Barton interview on 18:19 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

I stand corrected. Mid 50s...
An even worse indictment of our current position.

And that was only a few seasons after we’d turned professional. I would definitely argue this is the worst non amateur ipswich side we’ve ever had.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024