Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just possible? 13:02 - Feb 28 with 4532 viewsWestover

Is it possible that another season in this division would benefit Town?
I'm thinking if we could hold on to Wolfie and Downes players like Dobra El miz Lancaster Nydam Morris McGavin etc might get more first team chances and become established, PL permitting. 😱

Saying that I would rather get promotion.
Is it just possible? on 13:06 - Feb 28 with 3810 viewsJeanManuelThetis

I understand the logic in theory. But the reality is another season of reduced income, bad pitches, bad referees and more worryingly the prospect of losing Downes and Woolfenden for League One fees; the only two players who are showing consistent quality and the potential to build a team around.

Not getting promoted wouldn't be a disaster, but it would be another step backwards.
Is it just possible? on 14:51 - Feb 28 with 3695 viewsWestover

Is it just possible? on 13:06 - Feb 28 by JeanManuelThetis

I understand the logic in theory. But the reality is another season of reduced income, bad pitches, bad referees and more worryingly the prospect of losing Downes and Woolfenden for League One fees; the only two players who are showing consistent quality and the potential to build a team around.

Not getting promoted wouldn't be a disaster, but it would be another step backwards.

I have to agree, I'm just trying to look on the bright side.👍
Is it just possible? on 14:53 - Feb 28 with 3688 viewsJ2BLUE

Woolf and Downes will be gone by mid July if we stay down. Probably for well below their value.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it just possible? on 14:53 - Feb 28 with 3683 viewsPecker

The only positive is that Lambert will have to go. Other than that, no.
Is it just possible? on 15:17 - Feb 28 with 3643 viewsSikamikanico

I don't see it being a benefit.

I do think that if we go up we will come straight back down
Is it just possible? on 15:30 - Feb 28 with 3608 viewsbraveblue

Evans will sell them this summer.
Is it just possible? on 15:32 - Feb 28 with 3601 viewsPecker

Is it just possible? on 15:30 - Feb 28 by braveblue

Evans will sell them this summer.

He's been trying for the last 2 years with no success.
Is it just possible? on 15:36 - Feb 28 with 3592 viewsjayessess

Which stage of grief is this? Bargaining or acceptance?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just possible? on 15:40 - Feb 28 with 3580 viewsSikamikanico

Is it just possible? on 15:36 - Feb 28 by jayessess

Which stage of grief is this? Bargaining or acceptance?

I reckon bargaining.

He's doing well, many are still in the anger stage.

depression comes after once we face our 3rd season at this level
Is it just possible? on 16:40 - Feb 28 with 3508 viewsstrikalite

Probably, we'd get battered in the Championship, Luton scored a 100 goals and got a 100 points or something like that last season didn't they?
Is it just possible? on 16:44 - Feb 28 with 3500 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Possibly if that were to happen.

However, the reality is Lambert doesn't trust the kids as much as he leads on.

He pleads gospel that the kids are the future yet some of the talented youngsters such as Dozzell and Dobra have been left on ice all season, and then we will be furious when they leave in the Summer and wonder why.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 22:36]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Is it just possible? on 16:54 - Feb 28 with 3480 viewspositivity

no.

if we stay down, wolf & downes won't stay, only plus will be that it should knock any complacency out of us.

a team totally full of callow kids isn't the way out of league one either...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Is it just possible? on 17:12 - Feb 28 with 3449 viewsMullet

No it's a dismal failure regardless of what happens. The fact we might see those players more will be indicative of the lack of options or ideas coming forth from Evans and Lambert.

Don't get me wrong, there's a nice romance to it, but we should never have been allowed to drop into this league, let alone fall apart and fester like we have. Everything about the last 2 years or so has been laced with disappointment and idiocy.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is it just possible? on 17:14 - Feb 28 with 3423 viewsBackToRussia

Aye, I know what you mean. I've been thinking we need another relegation to REALLY sort us out

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Is it just possible? on 17:15 - Feb 28 with 3420 viewsMercian

Is it just possible? on 15:40 - Feb 28 by Sikamikanico

I reckon bargaining.

He's doing well, many are still in the anger stage.

depression comes after once we face our 3rd season at this level

I have not reached anger yet, I'm still in the we can do it phase. Scrape into the playoff before winning on penalties at Wembley. Cone on!
Is it just possible? on 17:16 - Feb 28 with 3409 viewspositivity

Is it just possible? on 17:12 - Feb 28 by Mullet

No it's a dismal failure regardless of what happens. The fact we might see those players more will be indicative of the lack of options or ideas coming forth from Evans and Lambert.

Don't get me wrong, there's a nice romance to it, but we should never have been allowed to drop into this league, let alone fall apart and fester like we have. Everything about the last 2 years or so has been laced with disappointment and idiocy.

change "2 years" to "19 3/4 years" and i'd still agree

Is it just possible? on 17:17 - Feb 28 with 3390 viewspositivity

Is it just possible? on 17:15 - Feb 28 by Mercian

I have not reached anger yet, I'm still in the we can do it phase. Scrape into the playoff before winning on penalties at Wembley. Cone on!

i'm with you, but a psychologist would say we're in the denial stage!

Is it just possible? on 17:18 - Feb 28 with 3381 viewsPJH

Is it just possible? on 17:12 - Feb 28 by Mullet

Actually two years ago we were in between winning at Preston and winning at Sheff W-in The Championship.

TWTD
Is it just possible? on 17:19 - Feb 28 with 3375 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it just possible? on 17:15 - Feb 28 by Mercian

I'd say we're more likely to win 3-0 than on penalties.

We're a club who has rolled over so many times for other clubs. Something is badly wrong with the mentality.

Whenever a club needs a win and sees us up next it must be like Christmas morning for their manager.

Truly impaired.

Is it just possible? on 17:31 - Feb 28 with 3335 viewsjas0999

If we don’t go up, Evans will sell our better players. Arguably, he may still sell them even if we do go up!
Is it just possible? on 17:52 - Feb 28 with 3289 viewsGarv

Is it just possible? on 13:06 - Feb 28 by JeanManuelThetis

Wolfy and Downes aren't perfect. I might be proved wrong but I don't get the overwhelming assumption that they'll both go this summer.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is it just possible? on 19:09 - Feb 28 with 3202 viewsHullblue

Is it just possible? on 17:52 - Feb 28 by Garv

Wolfy and Downes aren't perfect. I might be proved wrong but I don't get the overwhelming assumption that they'll both go this summer.

Downes is fantastic for his age, in my view. Can see him playing in the Premier League as a holding midfielder.

Woolfie isn’t quite ready for that, but can certainly see a Champ club snapping him up in the summer if we don’t go up.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Is it just possible? on 19:32 - Feb 28 with 3162 viewslazyblue

Don’t start that rubbish again.

Remember how everyone thought it would be great if we got relegated and started again .

Oh and Downes will not be here next season and the rest just not good enough.
Is it just possible? on 19:44 - Feb 28 with 3138 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it just possible? on 19:09 - Feb 28 by Hullblue

Downes is fantastic for his age, in my view. Can see him playing in the Premier League as a holding midfielder.

Woolfie isn’t quite ready for that, but can certainly see a Champ club snapping him up in the summer if we don’t go up.

Woolf would go to a Prem club. Cheap punt. He'd then he loaned out.

Truly impaired.

Is it just possible? on 21:46 - Feb 28 with 2999 viewsGarv

Is it just possible? on 19:09 - Feb 28 by Hullblue

He's our best player, no doubt. But I suspect there's plenty of players of his age and ability. Do you see him playing in a premier league team next season?

And how much is a championship team going to pay for Woolfenden? I wonder if it won't be enough for us to be willing to sell.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024