Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad decline 19:12 - Feb 29 with 4189 viewsYeet1981

Mick had to go, simple as that. The football was so poor. we were going nowhere, crowd walking away in droves. hurst appointment was seen as a positive step, but who sanctioned selling championship players and replacing them with league 1 nobody’s. The writing was on the wall. Lambert appointment okay. But he had enough time to at least salvage some pride last season. Relegated with no fight. This season our start was false on performance. We have been crap. And this league is so poor. Evans is going nowhere. What businessman would give a second look. The whole thing is just wrong, inept manager, puppet o Neil and a woeful owner. Where do we go from here? Who could come in and change it all?
Sad decline on 19:13 - Feb 29 with 3689 viewsBackToRussia

Evans needs to accept he has utterly failed and sell up. Write off the debt and fvck off.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Sad decline on 19:17 - Feb 29 with 3635 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sad decline on 19:13 - Feb 29 by BackToRussia

Evans needs to accept he has utterly failed and sell up. Write off the debt and fvck off.

Seconded. I think that sounds like a marvellous idea.

Trouble is, he’d make the final decision on the sale and based on his decisions to date could end up selling us to an even worse owner and REALLY screw us over. So a sale, although needed, fills me with as much dread as when we knew Mick had to go.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sad decline on 19:22 - Feb 29 with 3582 viewsBackToRussia

Sad decline on 19:17 - Feb 29 by Swansea_Blue

Seconded. I think that sounds like a marvellous idea.

Trouble is, he’d make the final decision on the sale and based on his decisions to date could end up selling us to an even worse owner and REALLY screw us over. So a sale, although needed, fills me with as much dread as when we knew Mick had to go.

Yes, I've had similar thoughts. Hopefully we can find a rich sheikh and be done with it. Bored of being sh1t.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Sad decline on 19:24 - Feb 29 with 3561 viewsartsbossbeard

Would you write the debt off?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sad decline on 19:25 - Feb 29 with 3526 viewsJDB23

Sad decline on 19:24 - Feb 29 by artsbossbeard

Would you carry on losing millions a year knowing you will never recoup it back?
Sad decline on 19:27 - Feb 29 with 3499 viewsYeet1981

Sad decline on 19:22 - Feb 29 by BackToRussia

Yes, I've had similar thoughts. Hopefully we can find a rich sheikh and be done with it. Bored of being sh1t.

That’s the point we are all fed up with being so poor. Supporters can support however they want to support. They pay the money it’s there right. But how have this management been given such an easy ride. Or are we just all in agreement that this is what we have become.
Sad decline on 19:27 - Feb 29 with 3498 viewsDubtractor

He's never getting it back as long as he owns us is he? Not sure how he expects to get it back from selling either really.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sad decline (n/t) on 19:28 - Feb 29 with 3491 viewstractorboy2421

[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 19:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Sad decline on 19:28 - Feb 29 with 3490 viewsartsbossbeard

Sad decline on 19:25 - Feb 29 by JDB23

Would you carry on losing millions a year knowing you will never recoup it back?

Would I stick in xx millions a year without any chance of recouping?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Sad decline on 19:29 - Feb 29 with 3466 viewsartsbossbeard

Sad decline on 19:27 - Feb 29 by Dubtractor

He's never getting it back as long as he owns us is he? Not sure how he expects to get it back from selling either really.

That's the rub isn't it.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 19:30]

Sad decline on 19:29 - Feb 29 with 3464 viewsYeet1981

Sad decline on 19:28 - Feb 29 by artsbossbeard

Tyson has just come into a few quid 😂
Sad decline on 19:33 - Feb 29 with 3399 viewstractorboy2421

Sad decline on 19:22 - Feb 29 by BackToRussia

Agreed but trouble is... They only seem interested in buying already established clubs that are doing well or look to be going in the right direction.... Imo we'd be lucky to be bought by a bunch of pikeys at this rate
Sad decline on 19:35 - Feb 29 with 3369 viewsJDB23

Sad decline on 19:28 - Feb 29 by artsbossbeard

That is what I asked, yes.

If you are turning it to refer to potential buyers, football clubs will always have buyers, even ours if Evans was prepared to sell. Those owners would feel like they could do something here, or at least have a plan to get us to a place where we could be profitable. We have 0 chance of that happening under Evans, evidenced by the long list of disastrous decisions he has made.

Not saying it would be any better under other ownership, but at least there would be a chance, as opposed to what we have now.
Sad decline on 19:35 - Feb 29 with 3369 viewsChrisd

Sad decline on 19:33 - Feb 29 by tractorboy2421

Agreed but trouble is... They only seem interested in buying already established clubs that are doing well or look to be going in the right direction.... Imo we'd be lucky to be bought by a bunch of pikeys at this rate

and whose the one that's made us that attractive proposition? ME!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sad decline on 19:37 - Feb 29 with 3334 viewsBackToRussia

Yep.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Sad decline on 19:39 - Feb 29 with 3312 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sad decline on 19:27 - Feb 29 by Yeet1981

That’s the point we are all fed up with being so poor. Supporters can support however they want to support. They pay the money it’s there right. But how have this management been given such an easy ride. Or are we just all in agreement that this is what we have become.

I think a large part of it is because people value the money he’s put in (which is an extraordinary amount for normal people, in fairness) more than they value us doing well on the pitch. I can’t think of another reason, as in terms of the football side of things his ownership has been an utter failure.

Sad decline on 19:39 - Feb 29 with 3312 viewsBackToRussia

There's no good outcome for him, no. That's a pretty good alternative definition of "failure."

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Sad decline on 19:43 - Feb 29 with 3268 viewsYeet1981

Sad decline on 19:39 - Feb 29 by Swansea_Blue

I think a large part of it is because people value the money he’s put in (which is an extraordinary amount for normal people, in fairness) more than they value us doing well on the pitch. I can’t think of another reason, as in terms of the football side of things his ownership has been an utter failure.

We all value what he puts in but it is not enough if you want to succeed. It’s his money his club as such. Bare minimum will not provide anything long term. You know what your in for when you buy a football club.
Sad decline on 19:46 - Feb 29 with 3243 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Worry not, I have messaged Steve Dale on LinkedIn.

#sorted

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sad decline on 19:52 - Feb 29 with 3192 viewsnoggin

I wish I could up arrow this more than once.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Sad decline on 19:58 - Feb 29 with 3139 viewsMossy

Our biggest failure has been not getting someone to replace the goals we lost when we sold out two strikers.when Mick left.

Blog: [Blog] This Club May Not Be Rotten But We Can't Carry On Like This

Sad decline on 20:01 - Feb 29 with 3106 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sad decline on 19:33 - Feb 29 by tractorboy2421

I’d have thought we’d become increasingly attractive the lower we fall - someone will pick up the infrastructure that could support a top Championship or lower PL club, but at bargain basement price. If ME values is realistically and writes off the debt, of course. And there’s no guarantee he’ll do either.

For all those years people kept saying the debt wasn’t important, we’re now possibly entering a time when it could massively influence what happens next.

Sad decline on 20:03 - Feb 29 with 3087 viewsjas0999

He won’t admit it. Thinks he’s doing great. Invested at the level required. Made great decisions. The spin machine at PR has constantly worked overtime. It’s almost as though Evans et al believe their own propaganda.
Sad decline on 20:05 - Feb 29 with 3075 viewsBackToRussia

Sad decline on 20:03 - Feb 29 by jas0999

He won’t admit it. Thinks he’s doing great. Invested at the level required. Made great decisions. The spin machine at PR has constantly worked overtime. It’s almost as though Evans et al believe their own propaganda.

It is bizarre really, that no one has ever really come out and owned the situation. TBF to Evans, when he took over he was a rich owner in the Championship, but every sector changes, and to just keep putting in the same amount of money (or less) and expecting to compete is head in the sand stuff. I assume he is putting in a lot less now, running costs will be way way down, and going further down next year one assumes. It is odd but I think he probably feels pretty comfortable with our current situation. It's like we're on autopilot now until we crash into the mountain.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Sad decline on 20:06 - Feb 29 with 3061 viewsbrogansnose

Like you say, he's never going to get his money back so the business decision is to cut your losses and get out. This is one expensive hobby for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024