Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will it be today then? 08:04 - Mar 2 with 21655 viewsBluefish

Any later and it isn't worth it, it is debatable as to whether it is already too late. It should have been done after Lincoln.

If however the replacement is a progressive opposed to a quick fix appointment, it can be done anytime

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Will it be today then? on 10:52 - Mar 2 with 3999 viewstextbackup

Will it be today then? on 10:23 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

He's had 3 windows if the squad aren't good enough to have the right players available. He also has a big squad for the league and an excellent youth system. He has the tools he just can't get them working. There are no excuses at all.

the first goal Saturday saw Garbutt, Huws/Downes and Holy fck up.....

PL is crap, but even you cant blame him for the above situation, can u?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Will it be today then? on 11:18 - Mar 2 with 3984 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 10:52 - Mar 2 by textbackup

the first goal Saturday saw Garbutt, Huws/Downes and Holy fck up.....

PL is crap, but even you cant blame him for the above situation, can u?

Ultimately yes you can. A manager drill his players to do things right and if they don't he coaches then or replaces them. It is just how the game works. All teams will have mistakes but the manager finds the way to cancel them out with the best tactics. Blaming the players is pointless, the manager determines who plays so he needs to pick the ones that work and the ones in form, he can essentially sack them every game, he then gets sacked overall if it doesn't work. The players are not playing for him at all

Will it be today then? on 11:27 - Mar 2 with 3964 viewstextbackup

Will it be today then? on 11:18 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

Ultimately yes you can. A manager drill his players to do things right and if they don't he coaches then or replaces them. It is just how the game works. All teams will have mistakes but the manager finds the way to cancel them out with the best tactics. Blaming the players is pointless, the manager determines who plays so he needs to pick the ones that work and the ones in form, he can essentially sack them every game, he then gets sacked overall if it doesn't work. The players are not playing for him at all

the players aren't playing for him, living in the switch you hear many different things from "within" the club, but 3/4 times I've heard the same thing.... and that is exactly what you've said. players don't buy into PL, or his ideas.

Will it be today then? on 11:29 - Mar 2 with 3956 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 11:27 - Mar 2 by textbackup

the players aren't playing for him, living in the switch you hear many different things from "within" the club, but 3/4 times I've heard the same thing.... and that is exactly what you've said. players don't buy into PL, or his ideas.

You can see it on the pitch, I've also read between the lines on a few of Milts comments where he has tried not to comment and he seems to unintentionally imply it

Will it be today then? on 11:38 - Mar 2 with 3937 viewstextbackup

Will it be today then? on 11:29 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

You can see it on the pitch, I've also read between the lines on a few of Milts comments where he has tried not to comment and he seems to unintentionally imply it

Saw Milts at a party about 18 months ago, chatting about his new role, and I said "enjoying it more than old job?"
he just looked and shook his head, said "mate I just " and that was it, he didn't need to say anything else.

whole clubs fcked

Will it be today then? on 11:38 - Mar 2 with 3933 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think they even know what his ideas are

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Will it be today then? on 11:45 - Mar 2 with 3923 viewsitfcjoe

Will it be today then? on 11:38 - Mar 2 by textbackup

Saw Milts at a party about 18 months ago, chatting about his new role, and I said "enjoying it more than old job?"
he just looked and shook his head, said "mate I just " and that was it, he didn't need to say anything else.

whole clubs fcked

I think the worst thing is everyone, players included, thought Lambert was the answer when he first came in as was back to the standards of Mick opposed to the shambles of Hurst.

But that hasn't lasted, and it's just a slow death waiting for Evans to roll the dice again

Will it be today then? on 11:47 - Mar 2 with 3915 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 11:38 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

I don't think they even know what his ideas are

I don't think he does. I said it last week that it feels as though we are still experimenting, trying to stumble across a system.

I really believe that he doesn't care enough, he knows that he played for Dortmund and he can always dine out on that. Management doesn't seem to be that important to him.

Login to get fewer ads

Will it be today then? on 11:49 - Mar 2 with 3906 viewsNotSure

These are the same players who didn't buy into Hurst either.
I think we need a new manager but this manager has to do what Robson did in his first season. Get rid of the experienced players who hold to much influence in the dressing room.
Will it be today then? on 11:51 - Mar 2 with 3898 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 11:45 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

I think the worst thing is everyone, players included, thought Lambert was the answer when he first came in as was back to the standards of Mick opposed to the shambles of Hurst.

But that hasn't lasted, and it's just a slow death waiting for Evans to roll the dice again

As I said in a post on saturday. When you talk to people outside EA and they ask who you support, the reaction was/is

Under Mick - "ah mick will sort you out, you will always be alright with Mick"

Under Hurst - " who? I've never heard of him"

Under PRP - "oh dear" followed by a sympathetic look and silence

Will it be today then? on 11:52 - Mar 2 with 3894 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Will it be today then? on 10:18 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

It can. If the players are poor he has the control to drop them or replace them with new. If they need coaching he does that, if it is tactics he does that. It all comes back to him.

Hypothetically speaking then, Huws is below par, he brings in Nolan, if Edwards is poor he brings in Donacien, if Garbutt is struggling he brings in Kenlock, if Chambers is struggling he brings in Wilson.

We haven't got a great squad unfortunately, we have suffered with injuries to key players throughout the season: KVY, Norwood, Bishop, Lankester, Sears.

I don't think there has been a lack of approach play as you might say, it hasn't been consistent enough but I think the ideas have been put across, but when the 11 cross the white line they have to take some responsibility for failings this year.

Lambert is far from perfect I must stress, but not as sub-standard as you are making out I'm afraid.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Will it be today then? on 11:54 - Mar 2 with 3879 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 11:52 - Mar 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

Hypothetically speaking then, Huws is below par, he brings in Nolan, if Edwards is poor he brings in Donacien, if Garbutt is struggling he brings in Kenlock, if Chambers is struggling he brings in Wilson.

We haven't got a great squad unfortunately, we have suffered with injuries to key players throughout the season: KVY, Norwood, Bishop, Lankester, Sears.

I don't think there has been a lack of approach play as you might say, it hasn't been consistent enough but I think the ideas have been put across, but when the 11 cross the white line they have to take some responsibility for failings this year.

Lambert is far from perfect I must stress, but not as sub-standard as you are making out I'm afraid.

He really is, his performance here has been atrocious. Last season he was 1/10 at best, this season he is probably 3/10

Will it be today then? on 12:06 - Mar 2 with 3863 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Will it be today then? on 11:54 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

He really is, his performance here has been atrocious. Last season he was 1/10 at best, this season he is probably 3/10

I far from think he has been a success here, don't get me wrong. Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate or a Paul Lambert apologist.

He's going to be here next season anyway, but surely you can see that it isn't all on Lambert' doorstep, and there are a lot in the squad that need a long look at themselves, or simply aren't up to a League 1 promotion campaign.

Will it be today then? on 12:08 - Mar 2 with 3857 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 11:49 - Mar 2 by NotSure

I think we need a new manager but this manager has to do what Robson did in his first season. Get rid of the experienced players who hold to much influence in the dressing room.

We've had 4 transfer windows since Mick, if the dressing rooms has problems there have been plenty of chances to move them on. The squad is also big enough to exclude them if needed.

Will it be today then? on 12:09 - Mar 2 with 3850 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 12:06 - Mar 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

I far from think he has been a success here, don't get me wrong. Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate or a Paul Lambert apologist.

He's going to be here next season anyway, but surely you can see that it isn't all on Lambert' doorstep, and there are a lot in the squad that need a long look at themselves, or simply aren't up to a League 1 promotion campaign.

Managers job to have sorted it. No sympathy after 3 windows

Will it be today then? on 12:17 - Mar 2 with 3817 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 10:21 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

That's a bit OTT, he can only replace with what he has.

He's done a poor job, and deserves to go (as ultimately is the easiest fall guy anyway) but no need to go so OTT

Have you been to a Blubfish post before?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Will it be today then? on 12:21 - Mar 2 with 3812 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 11:18 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

Are you telling me you'd have dropped Garbutt on Saturday on the off-chance he might have made the mistake that he did?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Will it be today then? on 12:22 - Mar 2 with 3813 viewsCoastalblue

Lambert will still be here first game of next season, best thing he can do before that is get as many out the door as he possibly can. There's a culture of failure and coasting in our squad, it needs to be got rid of.

If we can have a new manager do that then all well and good, but it won't be so PL has to do it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Will it be today then? on 12:26 - Mar 2 with 3802 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 12:21 - Mar 2 by BrixtonBlue

Are you telling me you'd have dropped Garbutt on Saturday on the off-chance he might have made the mistake that he did?

I'm not telling you anything, that would be a waste of my time. Have a lovely day

Will it be today then? on 12:26 - Mar 2 with 3792 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 12:09 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

10 Appoint new manager
20 Things haven't improved yet, GOTO 10

Will it be today then? on 12:27 - Mar 2 with 3779 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 12:26 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

I'm not telling you anything, that would be a waste of my time. Have a lovely day

SWERVE

Will it be today then? on 12:29 - Mar 2 with 3777 viewsitfcjoe

Will it be today then? on 12:17 - Mar 2 by BrixtonBlue

Have you been to a Blubfish post before?

Haven't listened to it yet, but saw a new podcast called 'Wet and Dry' where 2 40 year olds give up booze for a year and document it all.

May give some ideas for your book, or just be worth a listen more generally - hope that is going well

https://shows.acast.com/wet-and-dry/

EDIT - One gives up, the other doesn't

When Geoff turned 40 he decided to take a year off drinking. This wasn’t very popular with his friend Matt, who likes drinking, and thinks Geoff will turn into a really boring friend.

This podcast is an exploration of sobriety, male drinking culture, lager, mid-life crisis and friendship.

Will it be today then? on 12:34 - Mar 2 with 3761 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Will it be today then? on 12:09 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

3 windows again doesn't really reflect the situation correctly though does it.

January 19' - Window 1 was a last minute rescue job in January where scraped the barrel for signings who wanted to come to bottom of the league relegated Ipswich.

Summer 19' was a good window - good signings - Holy, Norwood, Garbutt, Kane Vincent-Young. That is a good window for recruitment and building.

January 20 - Window 3, is that even a window for Ipswich Town, we don't do business as rule of thumb, due to financial constraints.

We do business in the summer, and its ridiculously tight budgets. Realistically at Ipswich you have to have longer to build a squad for yourself because of the financial constraints.

I understand you don't like Paul Lambert but my oh my, you really do seem to look at it through tinted glasses unfortunately.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 12:35]

Will it be today then? on 12:36 - Mar 2 with 3743 viewsjeera

Get rid of the seniors.

Sell the talented youth as it comes through and attracts attention from stronger clubs.

Scrape together a first team with what's left.

That should get us promoted up the leagues for sure.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Will it be today then? on 12:43 - Mar 2 with 3725 viewsPJH

Except Robson did not do it in his first season.

If you are talking about Billy Baxter and Tommy Carroll then Bobby Robson had been here almost exactly two years when that flare up happened and even then Tommy Carroll was still here at the start of the following season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024