Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will it be today then? 08:04 - Mar 2 with 21651 viewsBluefish

Any later and it isn't worth it, it is debatable as to whether it is already too late. It should have been done after Lincoln.

If however the replacement is a progressive opposed to a quick fix appointment, it can be done anytime

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Will it be today then? on 12:48 - Mar 2 with 3946 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 12:29 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

Haven't listened to it yet, but saw a new podcast called 'Wet and Dry' where 2 40 year olds give up booze for a year and document it all.

May give some ideas for your book, or just be worth a listen more generally - hope that is going well

https://shows.acast.com/wet-and-dry/

EDIT - One gives up, the other doesn't

When Geoff turned 40 he decided to take a year off drinking. This wasn’t very popular with his friend Matt, who likes drinking, and thinks Geoff will turn into a really boring friend.

This podcast is an exploration of sobriety, male drinking culture, lager, mid-life crisis and friendship.

Brilliant, thanks for that. I'm at the final editing stage before going out to publishers. Just landed a new job making ads for Sky TV, so need to get the book finished before I start really. It's very hard keeping disciplined with something like this, where I haven't had a deadline (and it's a personal project rather than for anyone else). Harder than giving up booze for a year if I'm honest!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Will it be today then? on 12:50 - Mar 2 with 3931 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 12:34 - Mar 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

3 windows again doesn't really reflect the situation correctly though does it.

January 19' - Window 1 was a last minute rescue job in January where scraped the barrel for signings who wanted to come to bottom of the league relegated Ipswich.

Summer 19' was a good window - good signings - Holy, Norwood, Garbutt, Kane Vincent-Young. That is a good window for recruitment and building.

January 20 - Window 3, is that even a window for Ipswich Town, we don't do business as rule of thumb, due to financial constraints.

We do business in the summer, and its ridiculously tight budgets. Realistically at Ipswich you have to have longer to build a squad for yourself because of the financial constraints.

I understand you don't like Paul Lambert but my oh my, you really do seem to look at it through tinted glasses unfortunately.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 12:35]

Black and white tinted glasses as well, it seems.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Will it be today then? on 13:19 - Mar 2 with 3903 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 12:29 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

Haven't listened to it yet, but saw a new podcast called 'Wet and Dry' where 2 40 year olds give up booze for a year and document it all.

May give some ideas for your book, or just be worth a listen more generally - hope that is going well

https://shows.acast.com/wet-and-dry/

EDIT - One gives up, the other doesn't

When Geoff turned 40 he decided to take a year off drinking. This wasn’t very popular with his friend Matt, who likes drinking, and thinks Geoff will turn into a really boring friend.

This podcast is an exploration of sobriety, male drinking culture, lager, mid-life crisis and friendship.

Just started listening and it sounds a bit daft TBH. The one who's giving up is allowed to drink one drink when abroad on holiday, and is allowed to drink as much as he likes on Feb 29th as it's a free day. That's not giving up for a year!

Also the one still drinking sounds like an imbecile - reckons it's 'giving up fun' and 'why can't you just drink in moderation?' which spectacularly misses the point. I thought it was interesting when he said he was ANGRY when his mate said he was giving up for a year. Very interesting. I'll keep listening while I'm doing a bit of painting.

Will it be today then? on 13:27 - Mar 2 with 3888 viewsitfcjoe

Will it be today then? on 13:19 - Mar 2 by BrixtonBlue

Just started listening and it sounds a bit daft TBH. The one who's giving up is allowed to drink one drink when abroad on holiday, and is allowed to drink as much as he likes on Feb 29th as it's a free day. That's not giving up for a year!

Also the one still drinking sounds like an imbecile - reckons it's 'giving up fun' and 'why can't you just drink in moderation?' which spectacularly misses the point. I thought it was interesting when he said he was ANGRY when his mate said he was giving up for a year. Very interesting. I'll keep listening while I'm doing a bit of painting.

Yeah I can't vouch for it - guess it may be a bit TalkSport-y where they have to pick extreme positions and get behind them but it may settle down

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Will it be today then? on 13:28 - Mar 2 with 3886 viewsPJH

Your'e an artist?
Will it be today then? on 14:31 - Mar 2 with 3838 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 13:28 - Mar 2 by PJH

Your'e an artist?

I do paint as well, yeah.

Will it be today then? on 14:33 - Mar 2 with 3834 viewsjeera

Will it be today then? on 14:31 - Mar 2 by BrixtonBlue

I do paint as well, yeah.

Magnolia?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Will it be today then? on 15:39 - Mar 2 with 3809 viewsbaxterbasics

Is Royle still alive and kicking?

Anyway, PL isn't going anywhere until end of season at least.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

Will it be today then? on 16:30 - Mar 2 with 3778 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 14:33 - Mar 2 by jeera

Magnolia?

More black and white to be honest. In honour of Bluefish's views on football.

Will it be today then? on 16:58 - Mar 2 with 3763 viewsKeaneish

Will it be today then? on 11:47 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

I don't think he does. I said it last week that it feels as though we are still experimenting, trying to stumble across a system.

I really believe that he doesn't care enough, he knows that he played for Dortmund and he can always dine out on that. Management doesn't seem to be that important to him.

We’ve had a system since Jan. As for the “It’s all PL’s fault and not the players” stance, PL takes all the pelters he deserves but at the end of the day, PL can’t convert the 1-on-1’s, the penalties, stop the crosses, shield the ball going out etc...

He can coach it. He can steam into them and drill them but the basics need to be done on the pitch. Both players and PL take the fall on our failures this season.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Will it be today then? on 17:11 - Mar 2 with 3740 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 16:58 - Mar 2 by Keaneish

We’ve had a system since Jan. As for the “It’s all PL’s fault and not the players” stance, PL takes all the pelters he deserves but at the end of the day, PL can’t convert the 1-on-1’s, the penalties, stop the crosses, shield the ball going out etc...

He can coach it. He can steam into them and drill them but the basics need to be done on the pitch. Both players and PL take the fall on our failures this season.

And the basics shouldn't need to be coached anyway. They're not 5-year-olds, these are professional footballers!

Will it be today then? on 17:15 - Mar 2 with 3736 viewsBluefish

Shall we sack some player then? It isn't how football works

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Will it be today then? on 17:19 - Mar 2 with 3728 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 17:15 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

Shall we sack some player then? It isn't how football works

Those are the only two options, sack a player or sack the manager?!

Will it be today then? on 19:01 - Mar 2 with 3687 viewsHerbivore

We've kept largely the same formation since January, although we've made tweaks within it. Not sure we have a system as such though. I'm also not sure it's really our best formation either.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will it be today then? on 19:35 - Mar 2 with 3662 viewsMercian

Will it be today then? on 08:08 - Mar 2 by BudapestByBlimp

There's plenty of options available ...

BCWYWF

Lambert has done no better. In no circumstances would I want him to return but I think he would have done better than Lambert this season.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 19:37]
Will it be today then? on 21:18 - Mar 2 with 3609 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 19:35 - Mar 2 by Mercian

Lambert has done no better. In no circumstances would I want him to return but I think he would have done better than Lambert this season.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 19:37]

Based on..?

Will it be today then? on 21:21 - Mar 2 with 3609 viewsKeaneish

Will it be today then? on 19:01 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

We've kept largely the same formation since January, although we've made tweaks within it. Not sure we have a system as such though. I'm also not sure it's really our best formation either.

I’d argue our offensive system is to keep the width to allow us to play controlled possession through the middle of the park and to feed off and get bodies around Keane to play through the opposition.

Defensively we seem to have been happy to leave the wing backs up whenever possible, presumably to counter or to prevent the opposition throwing too many men forward. That coupled with a deep lying defender to mop up what midfield tracking runners or the two man markers don’t do.

Can’t say any of it’s worked with any consistency or fluency though.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Will it be today then? on 22:02 - Mar 2 with 3580 viewsMelford

You either give up or you don't, you can't have one here and there. I' turned 40 last year and have been in recovery since the end of July going to AA meetings every week because my drinking got really silly, it's done me the world of good. Sorted myself right out, going to be starting a new job soon running the office for my sister and brother in-law's Asbestos firm. Finally getting out of cooking after 20 years, would have never been offered anything like that when I was still a hopeless pisshead. 9-5 Monday to Friday so I get my weekends back again so season ticket next year for the first time since I was 17.

Ipswich being so sh!t doesn't help in my quest for sobriety. Saturdays are a hard day to deal with sometimes in not giving in a having a drink, made so much worse after listening to another sh!t display and all that goes with it, listening to the phone-in then coming on here and a couple of other ITFC places and I get the right hump.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Will it be today then? on 22:10 - Mar 2 with 3572 viewsfooters

Will it be today then? on 22:02 - Mar 2 by Melford

You either give up or you don't, you can't have one here and there. I' turned 40 last year and have been in recovery since the end of July going to AA meetings every week because my drinking got really silly, it's done me the world of good. Sorted myself right out, going to be starting a new job soon running the office for my sister and brother in-law's Asbestos firm. Finally getting out of cooking after 20 years, would have never been offered anything like that when I was still a hopeless pisshead. 9-5 Monday to Friday so I get my weekends back again so season ticket next year for the first time since I was 17.

Ipswich being so sh!t doesn't help in my quest for sobriety. Saturdays are a hard day to deal with sometimes in not giving in a having a drink, made so much worse after listening to another sh!t display and all that goes with it, listening to the phone-in then coming on here and a couple of other ITFC places and I get the right hump.

Congrats, Melford! Keep going strong bud. Shame you're out of the cooking game though. But tbf there's more substance abuse in kitchens than anywhere else probably!

Hope you can pick it up again as enjoyable hobby rather than a tiring necessity.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Will it be today then? on 22:11 - Mar 2 with 3570 viewsHerbivore

Will it be today then? on 21:21 - Mar 2 by Keaneish

I’d argue our offensive system is to keep the width to allow us to play controlled possession through the middle of the park and to feed off and get bodies around Keane to play through the opposition.

Defensively we seem to have been happy to leave the wing backs up whenever possible, presumably to counter or to prevent the opposition throwing too many men forward. That coupled with a deep lying defender to mop up what midfield tracking runners or the two man markers don’t do.

Can’t say any of it’s worked with any consistency or fluency though.

Think you're reaching there bud.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will it be today then? on 22:24 - Mar 2 with 3554 viewsEnigma_Blue

Will it be today then? on 21:18 - Mar 2 by BrixtonBlue

Based on..?

Perhaps based on the fact he took Shrewsbury to the LG1 play off final via a 3rd place finish the season before last, with a smaller budget & less talented squad.
I wouldn't want him back but I can't believe he would do any worse than Lambert if he was still here.
Will it be today then? on 22:32 - Mar 2 with 3541 viewsjaykay

i expect lambert will leave once the deffo info start being posted on here and ex players start talking to the press. i dont think this has happened before.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Will it be today then? on 23:49 - Mar 2 with 3490 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 22:02 - Mar 2 by Melford

Congrats, you might like my forthcoming book, available from all good bookstores (in my dreams!)

Seriously though, that's a great achievement and I know what you mean about watching ITFC sober.

Asbestos?! Is that a thing still? I thought it disappeared along with mad cow disease?

Will it be today then? on 00:01 - Mar 3 with 3471 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will it be today then? on 22:24 - Mar 2 by Enigma_Blue

Perhaps based on the fact he took Shrewsbury to the LG1 play off final via a 3rd place finish the season before last, with a smaller budget & less talented squad.
I wouldn't want him back but I can't believe he would do any worse than Lambert if he was still here.

I was asking Mercian, but thanks for your contribution (unless you are Mercian and have two logins).

Having seen what he did in the short time he was here, I can believe he would do worse. They're not really comparable situations though.

He's also done terrible since he left.

History seems to be repeating in people's perceptions. Jewell was only as bad as Keane because he inherited Keane's mess. Similarly Lambert has had to play the hand Hurst left behind.

Some on here have such short memories. I feel sorry for the chap that comes after Lambert, if, as it seems likely, Lambert fails. Because he's going to take the rap for all our woes, whoever he may be.

Will it be today then? on 00:01 - Mar 3 with 3472 viewsMelford

Will it be today then? on 23:49 - Mar 2 by BrixtonBlue

Congrats, you might like my forthcoming book, available from all good bookstores (in my dreams!)

Seriously though, that's a great achievement and I know what you mean about watching ITFC sober.

Asbestos?! Is that a thing still? I thought it disappeared along with mad cow disease?

It's a big thing, pretty much anything built before 1999 may have it in it and any place that has it needs to be regularly needs to be surveyed and managed due to HSE regulations.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024