Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) 10:23 - Mar 2 with 7675 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 20:44 - Mar 2 with 1295 viewsagentp

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 18:49 - Mar 2 by tpsontour

Why release the only remaining players of an established Championship side that achieved four top half finishes under five seasons under Mick.

They may be ageing but they still have enough quality and experience to be playing at third tier level.

Start by releasing the tat that wasn't anywhere near Championship level and can't even do a job for a side with League One promotion aspirations - Nsiala, Donacien, Roberts, Rowe.

Next nearest the exit door ought to be those that have underwhelmed in both leagues - Kenlock, Edwards, Nolan.

Given Evans will now be trying to limit his losses by mainly signing only League Two players to supplement Academy products, I'd suggest Chambers and Skuse will still be comfortably better in their mid 30s than most of the newcomers we have to look forward to in the future.

I love the "we need to release " comments. These are players with a contract whether they are any good or not we just can't release them.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 20:58 - Mar 2 with 1273 viewsOsborneOneNil

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 14:51 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

I'd let Skuse go, we have tons of CMs and he's no longer first choice. Chambers is still plenty good enough and in the side on merit and is just about our only natural leader.

Never thought I'd see the day that you say that of Skuse.

Quite right though.
Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 21:00 - Mar 2 with 1264 viewsHerbivore

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 20:58 - Mar 2 by OsborneOneNil

Never thought I'd see the day that you say that of Skuse.

Quite right though.

Both this season and last season he was playing okay then picked up an injury and just couldn't recover. That tells me he's probably about done. We're well stocked in his position so it's the right time to wave him off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 21:02 - Mar 2 with 1256 viewsOsborneOneNil

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 21:00 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

Both this season and last season he was playing okay then picked up an injury and just couldn't recover. That tells me he's probably about done. We're well stocked in his position so it's the right time to wave him off.

Totally agree. Although I've said this for a little longer.
Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 21:02 - Mar 2 with 1251 viewsHerbivore

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 21:02 - Mar 2 by OsborneOneNil

Totally agree. Although I've said this for a little longer.

Yeah, you were wrong then though.

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 21:16 - Mar 2 with 1236 viewsOxford_Blue

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:25 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

If we want to make the squad weaker to appease some numbskulls

Chambers is declining rapidly and hasn’t been in many games for a few seasons now. He tends to lose his man, drifts away and ball watches. He has no pace, and frankly whilst he is a good off the field ambassador he needs to lead by example on the pitch.

Skies is just so slow and plodding, never goes forwards, and isn’t a play maker.

I’d lose both of them.
100% yes; remnants of poor previous managers... on 21:30 - Mar 2 with 1223 viewsunstableblue

.... we've haven't progressed as a team with them in there.... Skuse just simply hasn't taken games by the scruff of the neck enough times

Chambo been error strewn, not his fault when played as a right back, who was fleeced by any decent winger, but too many when CB I'm afraid

Like them as people and Chambo's nurturing of young players has been laudable

But we need to start getting professional and serious as a club

If we had a technical director or a structure to our football management system, no way their mediocrity would be tolerated for so long

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 21:55 - Mar 2 with 1201 viewsSonOfSpock

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:39 - Mar 2 by Radlett_blue

As has been said, Chambers has a year left on his contract and he's also a better player than Wilson (and Nsiala) so unless we are going to find a better centre back he's going to play.
We clearly won't trigger Skuse's expensive extension. I would be against offering him another year unless the limit of our ambition is to remain in this division and I also don't get the clamour for immediate past decent players "on in some capacity".

Being better than Nsiala is hardly something to get excited about.
Login to get fewer ads

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 22:12 - Mar 2 with 1193 viewstown4life

whats one thing this club has done since Chambers and Skuse have been here?

if your answer is not decline then you just need to look at the fact of where we are now and where we were when they joined...

We were top 10 championship when they joined and now middle of League 1..

Both are at the wrong end of their careers and its time to move on and refresh things
Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 06:26 - Mar 3 with 1142 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 22:12 - Mar 2 by town4life

if your answer is not decline then you just need to look at the fact of where we are now and where we were when they joined...

Both are at the wrong end of their careers and its time to move on and refresh things

We actually finished 15th the season before Chambers joined, and 14th the year prior to Skuse. We then had a run of 4 top half finishes in 5 seasons before last seasons debacle

I think there is a fairly obvious other reason for the decline

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 07:14 - Mar 3 with 1130 viewsDanTheMan

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 22:12 - Mar 2 by town4life

When reality doesn't match your view, just invent a new one!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:52 - Mar 3 with 1082 viewsbazgammon

Yes.

Poll: Lambert

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 16:01 - Mar 3 with 1055 viewsbraveblue

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:25 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

If we want to make the squad weaker to appease some numbskulls

Or get some better footballers?
Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 16:04 - Mar 3 with 1053 viewsbraveblue

Spine of the team for past five years. Slow decline. Yet many would keep them. Not at any other club.
Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 16:35 - Mar 3 with 1039 viewsHerbivore

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 16:04 - Mar 3 by braveblue

Spine of the team for past five years. Slow decline. Yet many would keep them. Not at any other club.

Actually our decline was quite rapid, from comfortable 12th in the Championship to bottom of the Championship to 9th in League 1 all in the space of less than 2 years. Is that on two players who were mainstays in a side that finished top half in the Championship 4 seasons out of 5 or could it just be that there are other possible explanations?

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 16:36 - Mar 3 with 1036 viewsMullet

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 16:35 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Actually our decline was quite rapid, from comfortable 12th in the Championship to bottom of the Championship to 9th in League 1 all in the space of less than 2 years. Is that on two players who were mainstays in a side that finished top half in the Championship 4 seasons out of 5 or could it just be that there are other possible explanations?

These threads never really go well for certain types do they?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 17:27 - Mar 3 with 1003 viewsHerbivore

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 16:36 - Mar 3 by Mullet

These threads never really go well for certain types do they?

Just imagine being so obsessed with your hatred for a previous manager that you lose any semblance of sense and reason when discussing anything or anyone associated with them. That said, I do see an argument for letting Skuse go this summer but to make out that he's to blame for our current predicament is barmy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024