Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The rest of the season 11:53 - Mar 11 with 1264 viewsDarth_Koont

What's the betting we now go on a run completely out of the blue? We'd still miss the playoffs comfortably but it would seem typical of us somehow to end up three or four points adrift.

The Ipswich Way seems to be about new and cruel ways to disappoint fans.

Wins and some entertainment would be better than the alternative. I'm not looking forward to the next six months if the season just dribbles away badly.

Pronouns: He/Him

The rest of the season on 12:03 - Mar 11 with 1218 viewsColchesterBlue1985

For me it would seriously annoy the hell out of me if the players suddenly turned up and put in a string of impressive displays now that the season is effective over. It would only reinforce to me the need for change both with manager and nucleus of squad who clearly don’t have the stomach for the fight.
The rest of the season on 12:06 - Mar 11 with 1210 viewsVaughan8

I would personally start blooding a few youngsters, even just bringing them off the bench in a view of getting rid of various other more senior pros (we will all have our opinions on which ones) and see if they "can do it".

I suppose we can't really do this until its mathematically impossible but I think unless we win 7/8 of the remaining 8 games we've got no chance of getting in the playoff. For a team who has won 4 in 25 (?), that seems unlikely.
The rest of the season on 12:13 - Mar 11 with 1177 viewsDeano69

Miss the play-offs on goal difference.....

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

The rest of the season on 12:13 - Mar 11 with 1174 viewshype313

Wouldn't surprise me, shackles off now, no pressure to challenge the top, they might start playing with a bit more of a relaxed attitude.

Still can't see where the goals will come from though.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The rest of the season on 12:15 - Mar 11 with 1167 viewsITFC_Forever

If we don't go on a run between now and the end of the season, I'd be most unhappy given who we have left to play.

Brizzle's form (until last night) is almost as bad as ours, and other than Portsmouth and Doncaster, the rest are cannon fodder.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The rest of the season on 12:17 - Mar 11 with 1144 viewsDarth_Koont

The rest of the season on 12:03 - Mar 11 by ColchesterBlue1985

For me it would seriously annoy the hell out of me if the players suddenly turned up and put in a string of impressive displays now that the season is effective over. It would only reinforce to me the need for change both with manager and nucleus of squad who clearly don’t have the stomach for the fight.

But that would be counter-productive IMO. We already know that the majority of the players and the team as a whole is playing under par. That stops with Lambert and, in the bigger picture of the last 10 years, Evans.

And whatever we do off the field or by changing the football management, we'll need most of these players next year. I'm not saying I give them a free pass but it's probably fair to say that how they're playing collectively isn't as much down to them as individuals as it is down to the management of the club and the team.

The rest of the season on 12:30 - Mar 11 with 1071 viewsChrisd

The rest of the season on 12:06 - Mar 11 by Vaughan8

I would personally start blooding a few youngsters, even just bringing them off the bench in a view of getting rid of various other more senior pros (we will all have our opinions on which ones) and see if they "can do it".

I suppose we can't really do this until its mathematically impossible but I think unless we win 7/8 of the remaining 8 games we've got no chance of getting in the playoff. For a team who has won 4 in 25 (?), that seems unlikely.

My thoughts too Vaughan8.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The rest of the season on 12:35 - Mar 11 with 1036 viewsHarry_Palmer

The rest of the season on 12:15 - Mar 11 by ITFC_Forever

If we don't go on a run between now and the end of the season, I'd be most unhappy given who we have left to play.

Brizzle's form (until last night) is almost as bad as ours, and other than Portsmouth and Doncaster, the rest are cannon fodder.

Portsmouth at home is also a considerably easier fixture than Portsmouth away.

( I'm sure we will find a way to make it a difficult game though )
Login to get fewer ads

The rest of the season on 12:35 - Mar 11 with 1032 viewsDarth_Koont

The rest of the season on 12:06 - Mar 11 by Vaughan8

Well said. Not many need to be blooded either, more that a few of them are given some proper game time.

When it's mathematically impossible, we should treat it as an opportunity to get a better look at younger and senior players before the summer's planning.

The rest of the season on 12:38 - Mar 11 with 1019 viewsmonytowbray

I think there's more chance of me becoming an M&S security guard than us going on a run.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The rest of the season on 12:42 - Mar 11 with 999 viewsDarth_Koont

The rest of the season on 12:38 - Mar 11 by monytowbray

I think there's more chance of me becoming an M&S security guard than us going on a run.

Needs must.

What size cap are you? Will a 7 do?

The rest of the season on 12:43 - Mar 11 with 991 viewsmonytowbray

The rest of the season on 12:42 - Mar 11 by Darth_Koont

Needs must.

What size cap are you? Will a 7 do?

My head is smol.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 12:43]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The rest of the season on 13:03 - Mar 11 with 930 viewspeterleeblue

The rest of the season on 12:15 - Mar 11 by ITFC_Forever

Cannon Fodder. Possibly how ITFC are viewed now.
The rest of the season on 13:05 - Mar 11 with 920 viewsPecker

Nah.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024