Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... 16:12 - Mar 12 with 2898 viewsSitfcB

...gatherings of over 500 people”

Nicola Sturgeon revealing details of the COBRA 🐍 meeting.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 16:25 - Mar 12 with 2510 viewsbrazil1982

Wont hit many Scottish clubs then!
"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 16:44 - Mar 12 with 2420 viewsmonytowbray

Still no school cancelations or advice to work from home if possible. This government is a shambles.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 16:47 - Mar 12 with 2404 viewsJ2BLUE

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 16:44 - Mar 12 by monytowbray

Still no school cancelations or advice to work from home if possible. This government is a shambles.

All because people will get bored and the lockown might not work if it happens too quickly. Seems ridiculous. People need to get serious and sacrifice a small part of their lives to protect others.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 16:52 - Mar 12 with 2368 viewsDyland

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 16:47 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

All because people will get bored and the lockown might not work if it happens too quickly. Seems ridiculous. People need to get serious and sacrifice a small part of their lives to protect others.

It's not even a lockdown though is it. It's recommendations. Plenty of people in my office coughing and spluttering, people traveling as normal, from miles around. There's no hard advice from the government. Some companies are telling people to work from home but all of them would if there was official word from No. 10. They will look like clueless buffoons, like WW1 generals, if you excuse the analogy.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

(No subject) on 16:56 - Mar 12 with 2348 viewsGlasgowBlue

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 16:44 - Mar 12 by monytowbray

How is the government a shambles? They are taking advice from the medical experts.

This political point scoring isn't doing anyone any good and the government would be getting into very dangerous territory if they bow to the mob shouting “to just do something!!!”.

If the government is forced into policy positions based on people shouting "do something" rather than act on the expert advice given then lots of people could die who don’t need to.

Edit. Sturgeon now admitting that her statement is not based on scientific or medical advice.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 17:05]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:07 - Mar 12 with 2329 viewsITFC_Forever

Cancel school and you lose loads of the workforce as people will need to stay at home to look after their kids.
Often for parents, it's the kids' grandparents who help out with childcare during term-time - but by their nature, grandparents are older and therefore in the vulnerable category for the virus, so they can't / shouldn't be relied on to provide short-notice babysitting.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:08 - Mar 12 with 2308 viewsGlasgowBlue

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 16:47 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

You really need to listen to the Chief Scientific officer who is live on the news right now.

Iron Lion Zion

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:12 - Mar 12 with 2278 viewsLord_Lucan

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:08 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

You really need to listen to the Chief Scientific officer who is live on the news right now.

Agree 100%

They are giving detailed advice.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:13 - Mar 12 with 2275 viewsJ2BLUE

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:08 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

I am listening.

Truly impaired.

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:21 - Mar 12 with 2217 viewsBlueBadger

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:07 - Mar 12 by ITFC_Forever

Cancel school and you lose loads of the workforce as people will need to stay at home to look after their kids.
Often for parents, it's the kids' grandparents who help out with childcare during term-time - but by their nature, grandparents are older and therefore in the vulnerable category for the virus, so they can't / shouldn't be relied on to provide short-notice babysitting.

Not just that, but a sizeable majority of healthcare staff are female, with school age, or younger children. Sure they all have arrangements in place, but that all falls over when the schools close unexpectedly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:26 - Mar 12 with 2191 viewsLord_Lucan

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:21 - Mar 12 by BlueBadger

Not just that, but a sizeable majority of healthcare staff are female, with school age, or younger children. Sure they all have arrangements in place, but that all falls over when the schools close unexpectedly.

The live bulletin I am listening to at the moment does seem to be quite practical and detailed. They have basically said that if you close the schools the idea that you can prevent children from seeing each other is zero.

I still disagree personally with the large sporting events etc but what they are saying right now seems extremely sensible and I must say I am surprisingly impressed.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:27 - Mar 12 with 2182 viewsITFC_Forever

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:21 - Mar 12 by BlueBadger

Yep, wife works for 111, fortunately I have the ability to work from home if necessary if the schools close, but not all her colleagues will be able to have such flexibility.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:28 - Mar 12 with 2178 viewsGlasgowBlue

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:26 - Mar 12 by Lord_Lucan

The live bulletin I am listening to at the moment does seem to be quite practical and detailed. They have basically said that if you close the schools the idea that you can prevent children from seeing each other is zero.

I still disagree personally with the large sporting events etc but what they are saying right now seems extremely sensible and I must say I am surprisingly impressed.

And not for the first time. These bods are very impressive.

Once again the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Adviser are calmly and patiently explaining why it is important to have a graduated response this crisis. And again, as soon as they’re finished, Callis will start screaming “Do Something!!!!!!!!

Iron Lion Zion

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:30 - Mar 12 with 2153 viewsJ2BLUE

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:28 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

Once again the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Adviser are calmly and patiently explaining why it is important to have a graduated response this crisis. And again, as soon as they’re finished, Callis will start screaming “Do Something!!!!!!!!

Some of us are just worried about family. It's not a case of baseless hysteria.

Anyway, f**k it, i'm cracking open the beer and will be enjoying the football.

Truly impaired.

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:34 - Mar 12 with 2091 viewsGlasgowBlue

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:30 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

We are all worried about family.

Iron Lion Zion

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:35 - Mar 12 with 2085 viewsJ2BLUE

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:34 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

We are all worried about family.

Well perhaps be a bit more understanding then.

Truly impaired.

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:36 - Mar 12 with 2077 viewsLord_Lucan

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:30 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

We're all worried at heart J2 but we need to keep calm and carry on, have a cup of tea and all that.

I am obviously most worried about my kids and grandchild but fortunately they are the least likely to be at risk. The younger people will probably get it and not realise they had it. As for myself, my wife and Mother, well in the cold light of day we are getting on a bit anyway so what will be with us will be.

Italy are supposedly 4 weeks ahead of us and only today I was speaking with an Italian friend and it isn't the case that everyone is simply dropping dead.

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:38 - Mar 12 with 2065 viewsJ2BLUE

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:36 - Mar 12 by Lord_Lucan

We're all worried at heart J2 but we need to keep calm and carry on, have a cup of tea and all that.

I am obviously most worried about my kids and grandchild but fortunately they are the least likely to be at risk. The younger people will probably get it and not realise they had it. As for myself, my wife and Mother, well in the cold light of day we are getting on a bit anyway so what will be with us will be.

Italy are supposedly 4 weeks ahead of us and only today I was speaking with an Italian friend and it isn't the case that everyone is simply dropping dead.

Good to hear.

Truly impaired.

(No subject) on 17:38 - Mar 12 with 2063 viewsGunnsAirkick

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:28 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

I don't think it's wrong to be scared with how things are playing out, so that's a bit of a glib comment. I agree with much of what they are saying (especially the timing around closing schools, etc, which would have a knock-on effect). I'm not sure I agree with not banning large gatherings though considering almost every other country is taking such measures, are we right and everyone else is wrong? I just hope they have it right.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 17:39]
"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:38 - Mar 12 with 2058 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:36 - Mar 12 by Lord_Lucan

Well that's something!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:40 - Mar 12 with 2031 viewsGlasgowBlue

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:35 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

Well perhaps be a bit more understanding then.

My response in this thread was based on Callis post. He made no mention of being worried about family.

He was reacting to the advice given by the govt's CMO like a disillusioned Ipswich fan would react to a Pail Lambert line up or substitution.

Iron Lion Zion

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:41 - Mar 12 with 2032 viewsLord_Lucan

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:38 - Mar 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well that's something!

One of his words were "Our government is so ridiculous" - his not ours.

I guess you can't please all the people all the time.

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:42 - Mar 12 with 2003 viewsJ2BLUE

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:40 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

My response in this thread was based on Callis post. He made no mention of being worried about family.

He was reacting to the advice given by the govt's CMO like a disillusioned Ipswich fan would react to a Pail Lambert line up or substitution.

My apologies, if I had know you were just stealing random tweets I wouldn't have bothered replying

Truly impaired.

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:44 - Mar 12 with 1979 viewsclive_baker

There are literally experts, qualified in pandemic response and virus prevention, with complex scenario models who are advising the government of the most appropriate course of action and timings to help prevent loss of life. Pointing and shouting "do something" just makes you look like an idiot. It's understandable to be concerned, but honestly the best thing to do is to follow the advice of the experts.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

"We will, from the start of next week, advise the cancellation of mass... on 17:47 - Mar 12 with 1956 viewsmonytowbray

I live in London. I’ve been riding around on the tube daily for the last two months, in offices, around people. Densely populated. Meanwhile other countries are going into lockdown for less deaths.

Political point scoring really isn’t my main concern right now.

I went to see my family last week including my Nan. If there’s up to a 14 day incubation period that worries me. I know the idea is “keep calm” and I’m doing my best but bloody hell.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024