Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celebs with Corona... 23:48 - Mar 26 with 4599 viewsBluesquid

Hundred of thousands or millions of followers and trying to get them to spread the word.

?
Celebs with Corona... on 01:22 - Mar 27 with 1584 viewsBlueBadger

Celebs with Corona... on 01:20 - Mar 27 by Bluesquid

You don't think transparency is important here?

That the influencer should declare that they are receiving payment to those followers that actually enable the influencer to influence in the first place?

Are you suggesting that someone saying 'C-19 is bad, avoid it if poss' somehow gets watered down because the person saying it has received remuneration?

Because, that's pretty much everyone involved in the management of it right now.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 1:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Celebs with Corona... on 01:27 - Mar 27 with 1572 viewsBluesquid

Celebs with Corona... on 01:22 - Mar 27 by BlueBadger

Are you suggesting that someone saying 'C-19 is bad, avoid it if poss' somehow gets watered down because the person saying it has received remuneration?

Because, that's pretty much everyone involved in the management of it right now.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 1:27]

Come on Badger, you've badgered me with "Right. And?" twice and "What EXACTLY is your point?" but now avoid answering my questions.

That the influencer declare to their followers that they are getting paid?
Celebs with Corona... on 01:31 - Mar 27 with 1563 viewsBlueBadger

Celebs with Corona... on 01:27 - Mar 27 by Bluesquid

Come on Badger, you've badgered me with "Right. And?" twice and "What EXACTLY is your point?" but now avoid answering my questions.

You'd have to be pretty dim not to know that most influencers receive remuneration. You're coming across as quite dim with your surprise that they receive remuneration.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Celebs with Corona... on 01:32 - Mar 27 with 1563 viewsBluesquid

Celebs with Corona... on 01:31 - Mar 27 by BlueBadger

You'd have to be pretty dim not to know that most influencers receive remuneration. You're coming across as quite dim with your surprise that they receive remuneration.

Oh i'm aware that they get paid, my issue is about transparency.

For the third time of asking -

Celebs with Corona... on 01:35 - Mar 27 with 1558 viewsBlueBadger

Celebs with Corona... on 01:32 - Mar 27 by Bluesquid

Oh i'm aware that they get paid, my issue is about transparency.

For the third time of asking -

So, if we're away that they're getting remunerated and it's clear to someone as thick as you that they're getting remunerated, what's the issue here?

Other than, obviously you're desperately trying to prove that it's all an illuminati plot.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 1:37]

Celebs with Corona... on 01:41 - Mar 27 with 1552 viewsBluesquid

Celebs with Corona... on 01:35 - Mar 27 by BlueBadger

So, if we're away that they're getting remunerated and it's clear to someone as thick as you that they're getting remunerated, what's the issue here?

Other than, obviously you're desperately trying to prove that it's all an illuminati plot.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 1:37]

But my question to you was -

That the influencer should declare that they are receiving payment to those followers that actually enable the influencer to influence in the first place?

You've pressed me repeatedly and called me thick but still will not answer my question even after 3 times of asking.

You (that's YOU Badger) don't think transparency is important here?

Celebs with Corona... on 01:52 - Mar 27 with 1541 viewsBlueBadger

Celebs with Corona... on 01:41 - Mar 27 by Bluesquid

You've pressed me repeatedly and called me thick but still will not answer my question even after 3 times of asking.

But we've already established that people already know that they're taking remuneration. These people are basically freelance marketing wonks with some fancy camera filters. Anyone who doesn't realise they get paid for all sorts by now is really quite dim. I'm not sure what you're trying to drive at here, you're bleating on about 'transparency' as if somehow the fact that someone who uses the phrase 'hashtagsobltssed' a few too many times is somehow part of a global conspiracy.

Which is what those twitter links you used as your opening gambit are saying.

Celebs with Corona... on 02:02 - Mar 27 with 1532 viewsBluesquid

Celebs with Corona... on 01:52 - Mar 27 by BlueBadger

But we've already established that people already know that they're taking remuneration. These people are basically freelance marketing wonks with some fancy camera filters. Anyone who doesn't realise they get paid for all sorts by now is really quite dim. I'm not sure what you're trying to drive at here, you're bleating on about 'transparency' as if somehow the fact that someone who uses the phrase 'hashtagsobltssed' a few too many times is somehow part of a global conspiracy.

Which is what those twitter links you used as your opening gambit are saying.

I told you i couldn't find the interview on it's own without the text unfortunatley.

Well many do know, yes but im sure that there are many of those millions of followers that are not aware, dim or not.

But still you avoid my question.

For the fifth time of asking, after you have badgered me, called me thick and dim, accused me of saying that it is not real.

Personally Badger, your view -

Login to get fewer ads

Celebs with Corona... on 02:03 - Mar 27 with 1531 viewsRyorry

Celebs with Corona... on 01:41 - Mar 27 by Bluesquid

Are there not more important things you could be spending your time on right now?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 2:04]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Celebs with Corona... on 02:04 - Mar 27 with 1528 viewsBlueBadger

Celebs with Corona... on 02:02 - Mar 27 by Bluesquid

I told you i couldn't find the interview on it's own without the text unfortunatley.

Well many do know, yes but im sure that there are many of those millions of followers that are not aware, dim or not.

But still you avoid my question.

For the fifth time of asking, after you have badgered me, called me thick and dim, accused me of saying that it is not real.

Personally Badger, your view -

It's not really a secret that they get paid for lots of things. I'm not sure where the lack of transparency that you think is there comes in, BECAUSE THEY GET PAID FOR LOTS OF THINGS.

Celebs with Corona... on 02:05 - Mar 27 with 1527 viewsBluesquid

Celebs with Corona... on 02:03 - Mar 27 by Ryorry

Are there not more important things you could be spending your time on right now?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 2:04]

Yeah, probably. Just waiting for old Badger to answer my 2 questions.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 2:11]
Celebs with Corona... on 02:09 - Mar 27 with 1512 viewsBluesquid

Celebs with Corona... on 02:04 - Mar 27 by BlueBadger

It's not really a secret that they get paid for lots of things. I'm not sure where the lack of transparency that you think is there comes in, BECAUSE THEY GET PAID FOR LOTS OF THINGS.

Ok, this is insane. Going to knock this one on the head shortly but will try one last time.

Do you Badger top TWTD poster think that transparency is important here?

Celebs with Corona... on 06:34 - Mar 27 with 1465 viewsCoastalblue

What a strange thread.

Is the suggestion that influencers should actually say on their post that they've recieved money for it? I too am struggling to see the point or the relevance of it?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Celebs with Corona... on 06:50 - Mar 27 with 1456 viewsDubtractor

Celebs with Corona... on 02:09 - Mar 27 by Bluesquid

Ok, this is insane. Going to knock this one on the head shortly but will try one last time.

In this context it is utterly fooking irrelevant.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Celebs with Corona... on 06:57 - Mar 27 with 1448 viewsbluelagos

Celebs with Corona... on 00:37 - Mar 27 by Clapham_Junction

Who'd have thought that people regularly travelling around the world and mixing with others who are also frequent travellers would be more likely to catch this sort of thing.

I think that ends that debate :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Celebs with Corona... on 07:05 - Mar 27 with 1440 viewsbluelagos

The isuue of transparency is fair. But the use of the word important is over playing it. It would be better for influencers to be clear when/what they are paid, of course.

Is it important? Clearly not in this case when compared to the benefits of helping to spread a message that will save lives and hopefully reduce the time we are all in lockdown.

So I think you are over playing an issue. Given that you havent raised it previously (correct me if wrong) that suggests you are hinting at whatever conspiracy bollox you have come across. Which is why posters simply cant be arsed with the debate at the moment.

Enjoy your day, keep safe.

Celebs with Corona... on 07:48 - Mar 27 with 1419 viewsfactual_blue

I got as far as 'George Galloway' and stopped reading.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Celebs with Corona... on 08:03 - Mar 27 with 1403 viewsBluesquid

Celebs with Corona... on 07:05 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

The isuue of transparency is fair. But the use of the word important is over playing it. It would be better for influencers to be clear when/what they are paid, of course.

Is it important? Clearly not in this case when compared to the benefits of helping to spread a message that will save lives and hopefully reduce the time we are all in lockdown.

So I think you are over playing an issue. Given that you havent raised it previously (correct me if wrong) that suggests you are hinting at whatever conspiracy bollox you have come across. Which is why posters simply cant be arsed with the debate at the moment.

Enjoy your day, keep safe.

Thank you for your reply to my questions, that's all i was really looking for in this discussion forum which unfortunatley Badger struggled so much with, just wanted to get a sense if an individual thinks it is important or not for an influencer to declare that they are getting paid or not.

I hadn't raised it before because i wasn't aware that the WHO used influencers. I am aware that influencers get paid but i honestly thought that was only when they were using/trying some kind of product.
Did not even cross my mind for one minute that the WHO used influencers which perhaps then opens the door to the possibility that maybe some influencers are being paid to convey a message about C-19 simply because people don't really listen to or trust the above mentioned sources that the WHO chap talked about.

Personally i think transparency is vital and that it should be declared but that is just my opinion, i certainly think that it is an interesting subject.
Perhaps i am overplaying it, very possible indeed which is why in the OP i expressed my confusion with a question mark regarding the declaration that the WHO uses influencers which as i mentioned earlier took me very much by surprise.

I agree with you that it is all about saving lives and reducing the lockdown time but at the same time i find it a little troubling that people trust their influencers more than the media and the Government but there you go.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 8:15]
Celebs with Corona... on 08:04 - Mar 27 with 1403 viewsBrixtonBlue

It would be like me declaring I breathe oxygen.

For the absence of doubt, I do.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Celebs with Corona... on 08:07 - Mar 27 with 1399 viewsBluesquid

Celebs with Corona... on 08:04 - Mar 27 by BrixtonBlue

It would be like me declaring I breathe oxygen.

For the absence of doubt, I do.

Were you aware that the WHO uses influencers?
Celebs with Corona... on 08:08 - Mar 27 with 1396 viewsmanchego

https://www.indy100.com/article/coronavirus-challenge-tiktok-larz-twitter-942677

TL:DR

influencer who goes around licking toilet seats is positive for coronavirus.
Celebs with Corona... on 08:14 - Mar 27 with 1382 viewsbluelagos

Celebs with Corona... on 08:03 - Mar 27 by Bluesquid

Thank you for your reply to my questions, that's all i was really looking for in this discussion forum which unfortunatley Badger struggled so much with, just wanted to get a sense if an individual thinks it is important or not for an influencer to declare that they are getting paid or not.

I hadn't raised it before because i wasn't aware that the WHO used influencers. I am aware that influencers get paid but i honestly thought that was only when they were using/trying some kind of product.
Did not even cross my mind for one minute that the WHO used influencers which perhaps then opens the door to the possibility that maybe some influencers are being paid to convey a message about C-19 simply because people don't really listen to or trust the above mentioned sources that the WHO chap talked about.

Personally i think transparency is vital and that it should be declared but that is just my opinion, i certainly think that it is an interesting subject.
Perhaps i am overplaying it, very possible indeed which is why in the OP i expressed my confusion with a question mark regarding the declaration that the WHO uses influencers which as i mentioned earlier took me very much by surprise.

I agree with you that it is all about saving lives and reducing the lockdown time but at the same time i find it a little troubling that people trust their influencers more than the media and the Government but there you go.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 8:15]

Your last paragraph is a little confusing for me. The idea that we would automaticly trust a government led by a dishonest lair like Johnson is frankly laughable. Sacked twice for dishonesty but eh, he uses lots of big words and quotes greek philosophers with ease...

Celebs with Corona... on 08:14 - Mar 27 with 1382 viewsBrixtonBlue

Celebs with Corona... on 08:07 - Mar 27 by Bluesquid

Were you aware that the WHO uses influencers?

No. Don't care either. Plenty of brands use them, this seems an even better use of them.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Celebs with Corona... on 08:21 - Mar 27 with 1363 viewsMattinLondon

Celebs with Corona... on 08:14 - Mar 27 by BrixtonBlue

No. Don't care either. Plenty of brands use them, this seems an even better use of them.

The last couple of weeks some posters have really let themselves down in regards to Corona. And a couple more or do have just been plain daft.
Celebs with Corona... on 08:22 - Mar 27 with 1362 viewsBluesquid

Celebs with Corona... on 08:14 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

Your last paragraph is a little confusing for me. The idea that we would automaticly trust a government led by a dishonest lair like Johnson is frankly laughable. Sacked twice for dishonesty but eh, he uses lots of big words and quotes greek philosophers with ease...

Fair point re Johnson, Trump etc but the media though?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024