Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The club's finances 17:24 - Apr 30 with 1311 viewsJ2BLUE

This might not be feasible but Evans apparently puts in £2m per year to fund the academy and while we can't directly donate money to the club (apart from STs and buying tat from the club shop) could we donate to the academy which would then allow Evans to redirect the money he would have used to fund other things? I think donations to the academy are outside of FFP rules?

Would this work?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The club's finances on 17:55 - Apr 30 with 1240 viewsEwan_Oozami

http://www.thebluesfoundation.co.uk/

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The club's finances on 17:59 - Apr 30 with 1227 viewsfactual_blue

The club's finances on 17:55 - Apr 30 by Ewan_Oozami

http://www.thebluesfoundation.co.uk/

I think J2 is planning to make a much, much larger donation than £2.25 a week.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The club's finances on 18:08 - Apr 30 with 1195 viewsBluefish

This doesn't make sense. Evans donating to the academy and fans donating to the club makes complete sense for ffp. Our fans just expect Evans to outspend everyone. The easy to ask fans is what is their minimum expectation to make them satisfied with funding. They never have an answer and certainly one that makes sense

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The club's finances on 18:10 - Apr 30 with 1189 viewsPhilTWTD

As far as I'm aware, FFP isn't going to be an issue for Town this season. I would guess the EFL may make allowances for clubs making losses in any case given the extreme circumstances.
The club's finances on 18:59 - Apr 30 with 1113 viewspatrickswell

The club's finances on 18:08 - Apr 30 by Bluefish

This doesn't make sense. Evans donating to the academy and fans donating to the club makes complete sense for ffp. Our fans just expect Evans to outspend everyone. The easy to ask fans is what is their minimum expectation to make them satisfied with funding. They never have an answer and certainly one that makes sense

In terms of Evans’s funding and based on Terry Connor’s comments the other day, I wish he’d backed the one competent manager he’s ever had to buy at least one of Ryan Fraser or Tom Lawrence, players who had made an impact and would genuinely have improved us. The one period in his time here when we could have gone to success and he chose to embrace mediocrity.
The club's finances on 19:08 - Apr 30 with 1088 viewsBluefish

The club's finances on 18:59 - Apr 30 by patrickswell

In terms of Evans’s funding and based on Terry Connor’s comments the other day, I wish he’d backed the one competent manager he’s ever had to buy at least one of Ryan Fraser or Tom Lawrence, players who had made an impact and would genuinely have improved us. The one period in his time here when we could have gone to success and he chose to embrace mediocrity.

Lawrence went to Derby for huge money, he wasn't enough and then had to keep spending it still wasn't enough and now they are in trouble. Fraser was never for sale. If we sign them both people would then want a 20 million pound player, if they weren't enough it would be a 30 million.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The club's finances on 19:15 - Apr 30 with 1076 viewsJ2BLUE

The club's finances on 18:08 - Apr 30 by Bluefish

Are fans able to directly donate to the club?

Truly impaired.

The club's finances on 19:17 - Apr 30 with 1067 viewspatrickswell

The club's finances on 19:08 - Apr 30 by Bluefish

Lawrence went to Derby for huge money, he wasn't enough and then had to keep spending it still wasn't enough and now they are in trouble. Fraser was never for sale. If we sign them both people would then want a 20 million pound player, if they weren't enough it would be a 30 million.

He wasn’t enough for Derby because that club has always shot itself in the foot in terms of its managerial turnover. Mick’s position was stable here and with a final injection of real quality, could arguably have improved on 2014-15. Evans chose to do nothing to help with that and allowed mediocrity to sweep back. Evans did the one thing worse than taking a chance when strong and then failing; he did nothing - and then we failed. Failed far worse than we could possibly imagine back then.
Login to get fewer ads

The club's finances on 08:19 - May 1 with 874 viewsArnieM

I’ve been paying £10 a month to our academy for over 5 years . Don’t you recall the Club asking for fans to support the youngsters development? It was set up by Simon Milton I believe .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The club's finances on 08:44 - May 1 with 841 viewsHarlestonblue

The club's finances on 08:19 - May 1 by ArnieM

I’ve been paying £10 a month to our academy for over 5 years . Don’t you recall the Club asking for fans to support the youngsters development? It was set up by Simon Milton I believe .

Correct.
As Ewan stated above, the Blues Foundation has the purpose of supporting the academy. You might win a prize as well. I've only ever won a tenner but the money goes to a great cause.
Another option is to sponsor an academy player's kit. See the Academy section in the programme or ring the club (when it reopens!)
You could also sponsor the kit of a member of the first team squad.
The club's finances on 12:26 - May 1 with 759 views66notout

If you believe that money goes directly to the academy you must be very naive. It’s merely a marketing tool to bring cash into the club as a whole.
The club's finances on 12:32 - May 1 with 742 viewsmonytowbray

The club's finances on 12:26 - May 1 by 66notout

If you believe that money goes directly to the academy you must be very naive. It’s merely a marketing tool to bring cash into the club as a whole.

Some of it goes back into those golf days and player meals donators get in return too.

It’s a bit like those people who do charity skydives when actually they’re crowdfunding people to pay for them to have fun and then giving the extra away to a cause. Or as I like to call it; “taking the f*cking piss.”

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The club's finances on 12:43 - May 1 with 720 viewsJ2BLUE

I remember. I thought in the current situation it was worth highlighting again that the academy is a way for fans to directly fund part of the club and perhaps lead to less cuts elsewhere.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024