Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition 20:05 - May 20 with 7633 viewsElderGrizzly

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 13:59 - May 21 with 949 viewsElderGrizzly

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:37 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

France only recommend 1 metre. Some other countries 1.5 metre. A study has shown that for it to really be effective social distancing should be 8 metres.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-meters-social-distancing-mit-droplets.htm

TUI holiday company said Germans need to keep 1.5m distance and UK 2m in their hotels...
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 14:58 - May 21 with 916 viewsBarcaBlue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 13:53 - May 21 by Enigma_Blue

I couldn't see an option to translate the article you provided a link for into English.

I did read this article from elpais.com that was in English.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-05-19/hundreds-of-spaniards-march-agains

To me it seems the Vox party is jumping on the bandwagon rather than organising the protests. The one that they are organising they are advising people to protest in their cars rather than on foot in crowds.

The media do have a tendency to exaggerate events but protests of up to 500 people as this article states is still worrying from the point of not adhering to social distancing.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 13:58]

You said there were large scale protests, then you said thousands of protestors, then up to 500 demonstrators. There have been no large scale anti lockdown protests in Spain.

Those there have been in Madrid were led by a far right fantasist, you can put the article tthrough Google Translate to get an idea of who she is and her ties to Vox.

Scumbags like this have always used times of crisis to prey on people's fears and insecurities to ply their hateful message and gain support for the "cleanest and most patriotic party" (her words describing Vox)
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 15:01 - May 21 with 906 viewsEly_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:54 - May 21 by Vaughan8

Yeah hidden in a drop down menu.

at the top it says "Stay alert" twice before the dropdown menus.

Not everyone is glued to the website. In fact, some people probably can't use the website.

In fact, I heard a government advert on the radio the other day. Its changed from a few weeks ago when I heard it from Stay at home to Stay alert.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 9:56]

Stay alert

We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means you must:

‘stay at home as much as possible’
work from home if you can
limit contact with other people
keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
wash your hands regularly
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.

Which part of the initial list that is before you get to the drop downs (hint I’ve put it into quotes for you) doesn’t make it clear that you should STAY AT HOME AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 15:02 - May 21 with 905 viewsEly_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:56 - May 21 by sparks

You appear to have ignored what I said.

The message clearly changed. That was presumably intentional and a signal to people to relax.

See above
[Post edited 21 May 2020 15:06]

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 15:05 - May 21 with 890 viewssparks

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 15:02 - May 21 by Ely_Blue

See above
[Post edited 21 May 2020 15:06]

If the message was unchanged- why change it?

Anyone with any understanding of how society works would know that changing the "stay home" message to "stay alert" would clearly be taken- directly, or subconsciously, as an indication that its okay not to stay home. People dont look at details. And even if they do- they are affected significantly by the overall tone of the message. The change indicated to people- that their behaviour could now change.

The government know this- which is why they rely so pathetically heavily on glib catchphrases, repeated ad nauseum.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 15:23 - May 21 with 867 viewsm14_blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 15:05 - May 21 by sparks

If the message was unchanged- why change it?

Anyone with any understanding of how society works would know that changing the "stay home" message to "stay alert" would clearly be taken- directly, or subconsciously, as an indication that its okay not to stay home. People dont look at details. And even if they do- they are affected significantly by the overall tone of the message. The change indicated to people- that their behaviour could now change.

The government know this- which is why they rely so pathetically heavily on glib catchphrases, repeated ad nauseum.

I really wouldn’t bother.

“There are none so blind as those who will not see.”
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 16:54 - May 21 with 830 viewsEnigma_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 14:58 - May 21 by BarcaBlue

You said there were large scale protests, then you said thousands of protestors, then up to 500 demonstrators. There have been no large scale anti lockdown protests in Spain.

Those there have been in Madrid were led by a far right fantasist, you can put the article tthrough Google Translate to get an idea of who she is and her ties to Vox.

Scumbags like this have always used times of crisis to prey on people's fears and insecurities to ply their hateful message and gain support for the "cleanest and most patriotic party" (her words describing Vox)

I didn't just mention Madrid i also mentioned Sao Paulo.
It depends on your definition of large scale. The reports on the Madrid protests I read stated thousands of people had taken the streets to protest. I would class thousands of people as large scale.

You stated the media can exaggerate and I agree they often do and the article in elpais that I provided a link for stated there were up to 500 protesters. If that figure is more accurate then I wouldn't class it as a large scale protest no but it is still concerning regarding the consequences of spreading the virus.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 17:58]
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 18:01 - May 21 with 794 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 20:36 - May 21 with 750 viewsEly_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 15:23 - May 21 by m14_blue

I really wouldn’t bother.

“There are none so blind as those who will not see.”

That means you know you don’t have a leg to stand on! Guidance is there for all to see, it’s on tv adverts, the news, the gov.uk website as I have shown on numerous occasions, do I really need to link you to the tv advert that the bbc and itv are both showing at prime time or would you still like to blame the government for not personally going and knocking on each persons front door to explain in deep detail what they are and aren’t allowed to do or what the message is?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 23:19 - May 21 with 711 viewsGaryCooper

With no public toilets available if they swam they have a bigger chance of dying from Cholera than Covid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024