Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition 20:05 - May 20 with 7635 viewsElderGrizzly

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:08 - May 21 with 1600 viewsEly_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 07:31 - May 21 by Vaughan8

I suppose these are the people who "want our country back".

Brexit - "We need to set our own rules for our country. It will be great"

Coronavirus - "I'm going to ignore any rules set in place by our government and take no responsibility" or "look at (say) Germany. We should have done what they did" haha

However the mixed messages have confused people. However you can't solely blame that. People need to take some responsibility. Should have just stuck with "stay at home" (as much as you can).

Problem is I've seen on Facebook (the place of reason......) people saying we just have to get on with our lives and to open pubs and restaurants etc. This isn't going to help that.

“Should have stuck with ‘stay at home as much as possible’’

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Read the first thing on the list!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:13 - May 21 with 1590 viewssparks

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:08 - May 21 by Ely_Blue

The deliberate change of emphasis was a message in itself. The government either knew or should have known the effect that such a message would have.

To exempt them on the basis that people are stupid and ignore what is written, in favour of the broader message they have been given, is precisely what Cummings wants you to do.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:15 - May 21 with 1587 viewsEly_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:13 - May 21 by sparks

The deliberate change of emphasis was a message in itself. The government either knew or should have known the effect that such a message would have.

To exempt them on the basis that people are stupid and ignore what is written, in favour of the broader message they have been given, is precisely what Cummings wants you to do.

Ignoring what is written as well as what is in the government tv broadcasts that are on every evening at prime time on bbc & itv. That’s an impressive way to blame the government for the stupidity of the people

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:15 - May 21 with 1583 viewsBloomBlue

A lot of kids on that beach, hopefully their parents aren't the same ones moaning about sending them to school is too dangerous
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:31 - May 21 with 1549 viewsGeoffSentence

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 08:56 - May 21 by DanTheMan

That does not seem likely in this case.

It's on the beach level, it doesn't look distorted at all.

And also:

that shows that people are spread out on the beach, it looks busy but with people maintaining a social distance.

There are whole bunch of people on that thread who say they are from Southend and commenting that the beach was not as crowded as the initial photo purported to show. In fact that's what this one says.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:54 - May 21 with 1522 viewsVaughan8

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:08 - May 21 by Ely_Blue

Yeah hidden in a drop down menu.

at the top it says "Stay alert" twice before the dropdown menus.

Not everyone is glued to the website. In fact, some people probably can't use the website.

In fact, I heard a government advert on the radio the other day. Its changed from a few weeks ago when I heard it from Stay at home to Stay alert.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 9:56]
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:56 - May 21 with 1515 viewssparks

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:15 - May 21 by Ely_Blue

Ignoring what is written as well as what is in the government tv broadcasts that are on every evening at prime time on bbc & itv. That’s an impressive way to blame the government for the stupidity of the people

You appear to have ignored what I said.

The message clearly changed. That was presumably intentional and a signal to people to relax.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:14 - May 21 with 1491 viewsDanTheMan

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:31 - May 21 by GeoffSentence

that shows that people are spread out on the beach, it looks busy but with people maintaining a social distance.

There are whole bunch of people on that thread who say they are from Southend and commenting that the beach was not as crowded as the initial photo purported to show. In fact that's what this one says.

Sorry, but I disagree. Keeping 2 metres away from people whilst navigating that would be nigh on impossible.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:19 - May 21 with 1483 viewsfooters

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:14 - May 21 by DanTheMan

Sorry, but I disagree. Keeping 2 metres away from people whilst navigating that would be nigh on impossible.

One thing I think we've all learned from this is that people don't have a clue how long 2m actually is.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:37 - May 21 with 1464 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:14 - May 21 by DanTheMan

France only recommend 1 metre. Some other countries 1.5 metre. A study has shown that for it to really be effective social distancing should be 8 metres.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-meters-social-distancing-mit-droplets.htm

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:39 - May 21 with 1453 viewssparks

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:37 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

France only recommend 1 metre. Some other countries 1.5 metre. A study has shown that for it to really be effective social distancing should be 8 metres.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-meters-social-distancing-mit-droplets.htm

Its a factor of distance and time (as well as environment).

2m is fine in the street. Probably not going to help much in a small poorly ventilated school classroom for 5 hours a day for a week though.

Businesses and public sector workers are being urgede to return on the basis of the "magic" 2 metre rule, seemingly with no interest or consideration being made for the time factor- which is almost as important.

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:40 - May 21 with 1450 viewsMullet

France also fine people for not wearing a mask and for wearing a burkha. You can't compare internationally GB (unless it suits Boris innit).

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:43 - May 21 with 1443 viewsVaughan8

Some might be OK if they literally just sat there and didn't move. I suspect that isn't the case.

Walking past people getting to the sea/shops/toilet and back I would very much doubt are staying 2m apart.

However, whilst this does make me annoyed at the selfish public, we can't control what they do. Just I hope these people aren't going to clap the NHS tonight nor moan if they get it.

I for one would not have liked to be there with my family with all those people. Each to our own.
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:46 - May 21 with 1437 viewsVaughan8

Better get used to us making our own rules.. Getting our country back means that evil EU (or anyone in fact) doesn't have any say. Its all down to our people in power!
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:46 - May 21 with 1433 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 09:13 - May 21 by sparks

Quite. Just shifting responsibility, whilst giving employers such as those who donate to the Party the chance to put the screws on employees. And then get us all fighting and attacking each other, and whole groups like the teachers, to deflect from the govt failures. Disgusting really.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:50 - May 21 with 1420 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:39 - May 21 by sparks

Its a factor of distance and time (as well as environment).

2m is fine in the street. Probably not going to help much in a small poorly ventilated school classroom for 5 hours a day for a week though.

Businesses and public sector workers are being urgede to return on the basis of the "magic" 2 metre rule, seemingly with no interest or consideration being made for the time factor- which is almost as important.

Yes time spent exposed to infection is also a much bigger factor than distance.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 10:50]

Iron Lion Zion

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:53 - May 21 with 1403 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:42 - May 20 by Ely_Blue

My only question on the whole thing is where are the police in all of this enforcing the legislation?

They were monitoring the situation apparently..

Iron Lion Zion

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:55 - May 21 with 1400 viewsIPS_wich

Thanks for the reminder of why moving down under was such a great idea.

Two of Perth's most popular beaches on a busy day - both 5-10 minutes drive away.

Cottesloe:

City Beach:
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 10:57 - May 21 with 1394 viewsSwansea_Blue

There is an issue with shortened field of view in some of these types of photos. But I struggle to see how anyone can suggest these people are adhering to the guidelines.

As per the link already posted on this thread ( https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus), these include:
- stay at home as much as possible
- keep your distance from people outside your household - The key thing is to not be too close to people for more than a short period of time, as much as you can.
- Avoid crowds
- If you have to travel (for example, to work or school) - [there are loads of pictures of rammed car parks, for leisure activities that aren't essential]

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 12:12 - May 21 with 1365 viewsBarcaBlue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 00:00 - May 21 by Enigma_Blue

It could be argued that if the government hadn't started to ease the lockdown then it could have lead to anti-lockdown protests from large sections of the public. Like what is happening in Madrid and Sao Paulo.

Sometimes I think governments are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 0:02]

Point of order. There have been no large scale anti-lockdown protests in Spain. There have been demonstations organized by the far right Vox party, purely political from a vile bunch of tosspots.
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 12:13 - May 21 with 1366 viewsSwansea_Blue

And now Ipswich today

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 12:46 - May 21 with 1334 viewsEnigma_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 12:12 - May 21 by BarcaBlue

Point of order. There have been no large scale anti-lockdown protests in Spain. There have been demonstations organized by the far right Vox party, purely political from a vile bunch of tosspots.

Can you provide a source please as the reports I have read just state the Box party supports the protests not they have organised them.

I would class demonstrations involving thousands on several consecutive days as large scale.
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 12:56 - May 21 with 1320 viewsBarcaBlue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 12:46 - May 21 by Enigma_Blue

Can you provide a source please as the reports I have read just state the Box party supports the protests not they have organised them.

I would class demonstrations involving thousands on several consecutive days as large scale.

Thousands every day? Don't believe the far right hype. A group of far right nut jobs, here is an article https://elpais.com/espana/madrid/2020-05-20/la-cacerolada-de-maria-luisa-la-auto about their leader
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 13:19 - May 21 with 1289 viewsBloomBlue

Didn't France go with 1 metre because the WHO recommend a minimum of 1 metre ?
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 13:53 - May 21 with 1253 viewsEnigma_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 12:56 - May 21 by BarcaBlue

Thousands every day? Don't believe the far right hype. A group of far right nut jobs, here is an article https://elpais.com/espana/madrid/2020-05-20/la-cacerolada-de-maria-luisa-la-auto about their leader

I couldn't see an option to translate the article you provided a link for into English.

I did read this article from elpais.com that was in English.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-05-19/hundreds-of-spaniards-march-agains

To me it seems the Vox party is jumping on the bandwagon rather than organising the protests. The one that they are organising they are advising people to protest in their cars rather than on foot in crowds.

The media do have a tendency to exaggerate events but protests of up to 500 people as this article states is still worrying from the point of not adhering to social distancing.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 13:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024