Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next installment of DC saga released 19:40 - May 23 with 11833 viewsPablokuqi

I am looking forward to the next set of ministerial tweets

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dom
Next installment of DC saga released on 12:32 - May 24 with 1009 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:26 - May 24 by monytowbray

Because you jumped on me without actually reading what’s in the thread about a 3rd trip.

Talk about a selective argument based on personalities of posters. But then again you got caught doing that one before with Bluefish and Callis vs getting a mortgage.

Put me back on your div list. My experience of this forum has been much calmer and enjoyable with me on it.

Go read the other thread. Or the one in here linked with the evidence of a 3rd trip.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 12:27]

No answers then- just more inaccurate assertions.

I saw what was said about a third trip- I asked what the evidence for it was- its exceedingly thin currently. Foolish to treat it as otherwise. Why would an apology be required if evidence subsequently appears when it does not, in any significant form, currently exist?

You have not answered the first question- what is it I have wrong. I knew you wouldnt. You have done exactly the same to Lowhouse in this very thread. You throw out accusations, and make no attempt to back them up, You just double down when very obviously wrong.

No idea what your third para is about- another bizarre unsupported and (probably) dishonest claim.

I have to admit- I am fascinated to understand what position you think I hold (or have posted about) on this issue. But you will evade that question too.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 12:33]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:35 - May 24 with 968 viewsHerbivore

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:19 - May 24 by sparks

So on the basis I have seen one of your posts, and have done it today- when a thread I am interested and enagged in, is littered with hidden posts, making it hard to follow...

"keep"

I do occasionally see things- because my tablet, by default, logs out. Until I log back in, I spot things.

So what? Seriously. Surely better things for you to worry about. Those OCD downvotes wont click themselves.

Oh bless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:37 - May 24 with 973 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:32 - May 24 by sparks

No answers then- just more inaccurate assertions.

I saw what was said about a third trip- I asked what the evidence for it was- its exceedingly thin currently. Foolish to treat it as otherwise. Why would an apology be required if evidence subsequently appears when it does not, in any significant form, currently exist?

You have not answered the first question- what is it I have wrong. I knew you wouldnt. You have done exactly the same to Lowhouse in this very thread. You throw out accusations, and make no attempt to back them up, You just double down when very obviously wrong.

No idea what your third para is about- another bizarre unsupported and (probably) dishonest claim.

I have to admit- I am fascinated to understand what position you think I hold (or have posted about) on this issue. But you will evade that question too.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 12:33]

There is evidence. What more do you want from me? To launch a f*cking investigation myself?

I’m not playing by your rules of debate where it becomes a personal game of whataboutery anymore. I’ve posted it, you have a brain, engage it.

The apology would be owed to me from you for your usual nonsense in my direction. Lowhouse has form.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:39 - May 24 with 963 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:35 - May 24 by Herbivore

Oh bless.

You remember in Power Rangers when all the robots would form together into the megazord robot?

That’s how Sparks uses whataboutery.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:40 - May 24 with 960 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:37 - May 24 by monytowbray

There is evidence. What more do you want from me? To launch a f*cking investigation myself?

I’m not playing by your rules of debate where it becomes a personal game of whataboutery anymore. I’ve posted it, you have a brain, engage it.

The apology would be owed to me from you for your usual nonsense in my direction. Lowhouse has form.

Unfortunately- the rules of logic arent something you can choose not to play with.

Why would I need to apologise if evidence for a third trip emerges, given that my comments in this thread on the issue amount to "what is the evidence please?" and "the evidence is very thin currently"?

What position do you think I hold on this issue? You seem to have a very clear view- and have described me as a "bootlicker" as well as telling me to F- off. Do you have the integrity to either explain yourself or back down?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:40 - May 24 with 954 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:39 - May 24 by monytowbray

You remember in Power Rangers when all the robots would form together into the megazord robot?

That’s how Sparks uses whataboutery.

Please refer me to a piece of "whatabouttery" posted by me in this thread.

Go....

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:42 - May 24 with 946 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:40 - May 24 by sparks

Unfortunately- the rules of logic arent something you can choose not to play with.

Why would I need to apologise if evidence for a third trip emerges, given that my comments in this thread on the issue amount to "what is the evidence please?" and "the evidence is very thin currently"?

What position do you think I hold on this issue? You seem to have a very clear view- and have described me as a "bootlicker" as well as telling me to F- off. Do you have the integrity to either explain yourself or back down?

That was a position you took later on the “thin evidence” before you decided to log out, read, then pile on.

We see you running up the field with those goal posts.

TBH asking for an apology from you or to admit you were wrong is like asking Cummings to resign. Arrogance ain’t a fun trait.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:44 - May 24 with 935 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:40 - May 24 by sparks

Please refer me to a piece of "whatabouttery" posted by me in this thread.

Go....

Your entire take for the last two pages, where the issue becomes Herbivore and I rather than what Lowhouse has defended and played down.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:49 - May 24 with 919 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:42 - May 24 by monytowbray

That was a position you took later on the “thin evidence” before you decided to log out, read, then pile on.

We see you running up the field with those goal posts.

TBH asking for an apology from you or to admit you were wrong is like asking Cummings to resign. Arrogance ain’t a fun trait.

That was not coherent- I dont know what it means.

If you are going to make accusations- have the honesty to be specific, or to accept you are wrong. You have suggested I should apologise if evidence emerges confirming or firmly suggesting a third visit. WHY?

What do you say I have wrong and wont admit being wrong about, in this thread?

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:50 - May 24 with 911 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:44 - May 24 by monytowbray

Your entire take for the last two pages, where the issue becomes Herbivore and I rather than what Lowhouse has defended and played down.

Thats not whatabouttery- its responding to your bizarre accusations.

If it was "whatabouttery" then you have engaged in precisely the same thing. But it isnt.

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:52 - May 24 with 903 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:49 - May 24 by sparks

That was not coherent- I dont know what it means.

If you are going to make accusations- have the honesty to be specific, or to accept you are wrong. You have suggested I should apologise if evidence emerges confirming or firmly suggesting a third visit. WHY?

What do you say I have wrong and wont admit being wrong about, in this thread?

Still banging on about the likelihood of a second trip being not true when there’s strong evidence of a third.

Ignoring wider context of poster history and opinion to remove context from arguments.

You’ve literally logged out to read my posts then took me off ignore for a row over semantics. You carry on, but that’s not really how ignoring someone works.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:52 - May 24 with 902 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:50 - May 24 by sparks

If it was "whatabouttery" then you have engaged in precisely the same thing. But it isnt.

OK- lets help you out and do the specifics for you.
You downvoted this "On the original subject- so far the evidence for the 2nd trip is rather thin.

I thikn you can hang the bloke for the first trip- but the triumphalism surrounding the "gotcha" on the second trip. could go very wrong if there is not more to back it up than an anonymous eyewitness. "

Since then you appear to have launched various attacks based on all sorts of false asusumptions. Did you actually read what was written? What bit do you disagree with?

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:53 - May 24 with 902 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:50 - May 24 by sparks

Go. Read. The. Other. Thread.

Laters.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:55 - May 24 with 891 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:52 - May 24 by monytowbray

Still banging on about the likelihood of a second trip being not true when there’s strong evidence of a third.

Ignoring wider context of poster history and opinion to remove context from arguments.

You’ve literally logged out to read my posts then took me off ignore for a row over semantics. You carry on, but that’s not really how ignoring someone works.

2nd para is inherently fallacous. Ad hominem. It is not only proper, but rational to deal with arguments on their merits rather than superimposing your view of the person making them.

The rest continues to be dishonestly vague. Where have I "banged on about the likelihood of a second trip being not true"? Indeed- where have I commented at all on whether the 2nd trip happened or not? Two posts will do (though banging on really requires more). Quote them in reply if they exist please.

Where is this "strong evidence" of a third?

Where is the "semantic" argument here?

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:02 - May 24 with 886 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:55 - May 24 by sparks

2nd para is inherently fallacous. Ad hominem. It is not only proper, but rational to deal with arguments on their merits rather than superimposing your view of the person making them.

The rest continues to be dishonestly vague. Where have I "banged on about the likelihood of a second trip being not true"? Indeed- where have I commented at all on whether the 2nd trip happened or not? Two posts will do (though banging on really requires more). Quote them in reply if they exist please.

Where is this "strong evidence" of a third?

Where is the "semantic" argument here?

You can’t help yourself, can you? All of TWTD sat here watching Lowhouse like “WTF?” and you want me to present a court case over a petty argument. It’s Sunday, get a hobby.

Lowhouse went straight in with the journalist smear angle in another thread. You are removing context from that thread to desperately score points. You have a brain and eyes, go use them.

We're all in it together pt2736 by Dubtractor 22 May 2020 21:01
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-coronavirus-lockdown

We really are governed by a shower of bast@rds aren't we?

When your pile on fails to rally other people you know it’s not going well.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:03 - May 24 with 881 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:02 - May 24 by monytowbray

You can’t help yourself, can you? All of TWTD sat here watching Lowhouse like “WTF?” and you want me to present a court case over a petty argument. It’s Sunday, get a hobby.

Lowhouse went straight in with the journalist smear angle in another thread. You are removing context from that thread to desperately score points. You have a brain and eyes, go use them.

We're all in it together pt2736 by Dubtractor 22 May 2020 21:01
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-coronavirus-lockdown

We really are governed by a shower of bast@rds aren't we?

When your pile on fails to rally other people you know it’s not going well.

1- Where have I "banged on about the likelihood of a second trip being not true"? Indeed- where have I commented at all on whether the 2nd trip happened or not? Two posts will do (though banging on really requires more). Quote them in reply if they exist please.

2- Where is this "strong evidence" of a third?

3- Where is the "semantic" argument here?

Oh- and as for whatabouttery: how about the practice of answering three direct questions in reply to your post, by going back to issues with another poster (i.e. lowhouse) upon which I have not commented save for one post, way back on the thread. Classic whatabouttery.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:05]

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:07 - May 24 with 866 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:03 - May 24 by sparks

1- Where have I "banged on about the likelihood of a second trip being not true"? Indeed- where have I commented at all on whether the 2nd trip happened or not? Two posts will do (though banging on really requires more). Quote them in reply if they exist please.

Oh- and as for whatabouttery: how about the practice of answering three direct questions in reply to your post, by going back to issues with another poster (i.e. lowhouse) upon which I have not commented save for one post, way back on the thread. Classic whatabouttery.

“ On the original subject- so far the evidence for the 2nd trip is rather thin.

I thikn you can hang the bloke for the first trip- but the triumphalism surrounding the "gotcha" on the second trip. could go very wrong if there is not more to back it up than an anonymous eyewitness.”

Game over Cummings, you utter prick... by monytowbray 23 May 2020 23:46
Don’t let them gaslight you tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/iamsimonyoung/status/1259591486523486209

https://twitter.com/walla81/status/1259470770750849026

The smoking gun.

(Second time linking this).

3. Semantics is the entire framing of this argument. It’s personal, but you’ll deny that to the grave.

There you go, I played by your rules. Happy? I look forward to the forthcoming follow up goal post moving.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:12 - May 24 with 854 viewsNewcyBlue

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:03 - May 24 by sparks

I must admit, people on twitter tweeting that they saw Cummings is hardly evidence.

I could tweet that I saw Elvis Presley in my local Lidl...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:14 - May 24 with 849 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:12 - May 24 by NewcyBlue

I must admit, people on twitter tweeting that they saw Cummings is hardly evidence.

I could tweet that I saw Elvis Presley in my local Lidl...

Two separate accounts on the same day that the news hasn’t even covered yet, multiple tweets asking Laura K why it’s not being looked at.

There’s more coming.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:14 - May 24 with 847 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:07 - May 24 by monytowbray

“ On the original subject- so far the evidence for the 2nd trip is rather thin.

I thikn you can hang the bloke for the first trip- but the triumphalism surrounding the "gotcha" on the second trip. could go very wrong if there is not more to back it up than an anonymous eyewitness.”

Game over Cummings, you utter prick... by monytowbray 23 May 2020 23:46
Don’t let them gaslight you tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/iamsimonyoung/status/1259591486523486209

https://twitter.com/walla81/status/1259470770750849026

The smoking gun.

(Second time linking this).

3. Semantics is the entire framing of this argument. It’s personal, but you’ll deny that to the grave.

There you go, I played by your rules. Happy? I look forward to the forthcoming follow up goal post moving.

1. Saying the evidence is rather thin, because it hangs on one or two eyewitnesses is not a comment on whether the trip is true, or even likely to be true. Its just an observation on the evidence so far. Nor is it banging on about anything. Why can you not just read and accept that, rather than spending a page evading the point?

2. The links are clearly not "strong evidence of a third"- they are, absent anything more, bare assertions by people on twitter.

3. Semantics has nothing to do with the argument. The argument is about you throwing out accusations and not backing them up or retracting them when challenged. Do you know what semantic means? In what way is this thread a discussion which amoutns to an unimportant dispute about how a word is used?

Lets get to the crux of this. You appear to be coming at this from a passionately held view that I am somehow defending Cummings, supportive of him, or supportive of him and Boris (or perhaps him and the government generally. You appear to think that I say that Cummings has a valid defence here- or should not be criticised in the way he has.

Is that your belief? What do you think my position is on whether he should remain in a job?
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:17]

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:16 - May 24 with 841 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:14 - May 24 by monytowbray

Two separate accounts on the same day that the news hasn’t even covered yet, multiple tweets asking Laura K why it’s not being looked at.

There’s more coming.

I hope there is more coming- it would be glorious come uppance and justice done. Two people mnake bare assertions, without detail, in twitter- simply isnt strong evidence by any normal definition.

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:18 - May 24 with 832 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:14 - May 24 by sparks

1. Saying the evidence is rather thin, because it hangs on one or two eyewitnesses is not a comment on whether the trip is true, or even likely to be true. Its just an observation on the evidence so far. Nor is it banging on about anything. Why can you not just read and accept that, rather than spending a page evading the point?

2. The links are clearly not "strong evidence of a third"- they are, absent anything more, bare assertions by people on twitter.

3. Semantics has nothing to do with the argument. The argument is about you throwing out accusations and not backing them up or retracting them when challenged. Do you know what semantic means? In what way is this thread a discussion which amoutns to an unimportant dispute about how a word is used?

Lets get to the crux of this. You appear to be coming at this from a passionately held view that I am somehow defending Cummings, supportive of him, or supportive of him and Boris (or perhaps him and the government generally. You appear to think that I say that Cummings has a valid defence here- or should not be criticised in the way he has.

Is that your belief? What do you think my position is on whether he should remain in a job?
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:17]

My position is you seem to be intent on an argument with a div listed poster to defend lowhouse.

The rest of it were questions you asked off the back of me replying to you with my take.

Read the other thread. You seem to be avoiding that side of my posts over and over whilst insisting I’m swerving. Or even better, put me back on your div list?!

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:19 - May 24 with 824 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:16 - May 24 by sparks

I hope there is more coming- it would be glorious come uppance and justice done. Two people mnake bare assertions, without detail, in twitter- simply isnt strong evidence by any normal definition.

I think the Guardian and Mirror have their chickens lined up on this.

But Lowhouse dismissed the whole thing as a journalist smear when Laura K’s complicity was dragged up. That’s why he’s got so much stick.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:19 - May 24 with 822 viewsNewcyBlue

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:14 - May 24 by monytowbray

There’s more coming.

Yeah, I still think considering how newsworthy it was yesterday that people that have twitter would have taken a photo of him if he was in Durham yesterday.

It really doesn’t matter either. Cummings should be fined and sacked.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:20 - May 24 with 816 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:19 - May 24 by NewcyBlue

Yeah, I still think considering how newsworthy it was yesterday that people that have twitter would have taken a photo of him if he was in Durham yesterday.

It really doesn’t matter either. Cummings should be fined and sacked.

10th May he was there.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024